Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Death to Turkey" everywhere!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Death to Turkey" everywhere!!!
    Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 08:36

There are at least 50 of them just on the walls of our street (mostly in Persian language), these are some of them:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 08:37

Why? Who wrote them? And what other language are they in?

and where is it? your street?

ѐ ј

Edited by Zagros
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 08:50
im asking the same questions as zagros. Right wingers or islamists maybe

Cant be politics; Turkey isnt excatly supporting the USA (at least openly) with any military option on Iran (if thats a reason.)

"Turkey tells Rice it opposes military option" New Anatolian April 27, 2006.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 08:52

With no doubt Armenians have written them but I don't know why in Persian language?!! Of course they are also many of them in Armenian language, such as this one:

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 08:56
Ah, the Gen.. aniversary might have promted that, could well be that they want persians or all iranians to read their message.

well thats the first time ive seen armenian graffitii
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:04

"Death to Turkey" everywhere:

Those people should get a warning from AE!

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:08

idiots.

it seems it was just ONE guy writing those on the wall. the hand writings seem very similar.

hopefully, they wash those off soon.

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:09
hm...
somebody should call poirot to solve the mystery!
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:10

its definetly probably the armenians. remember that the aniversary of the genocide was yesterday. they have motive and they probably carried it out.

and they probably did it in the persian language rather than the armenian language because they want more people to see it and be able to read it.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 09:38
I feel so ashamed 
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 10:34

Originally posted by mamikon

I feel so ashamed 

Dont worry, there are extremists everywhere. In my town in Bulgaria which is predominantly turkish there are these kinds of graffiti signs too, but they are milder usually they read "Turks out!" or something of the sort.

But Armenians are far more extreme and many of them simply hate the Turks and would refuse to have anything to do with Turks (I know from an Armenian friend).

An azquaintance from Turkey was in Armenia for some exchnage, and her host (I suppose when both of them were a bit drunk) threatened to kill her because of 1915 and said that nobody would even notice. And I know some worse stories but this is digressing from the topic... 

But personally I have nothing to complain about, all the Armenians I have met have been very nice people, I suppose I am kind of lucky.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:15
Originally posted by bg_turk

But Armenians are far more extreme and many of them simply hate the Turks and would refuse to have anything to do with Turks (I know from an Armenian friend).

An azquaintance from Turkey was in Armenia for some exchnage, and her host (I suppose when both of them were a bit drunk) threatened to kill her because of 1915 and said that nobody would even notice. And I know some worse stories but this is digressing from the topic... 

well why dont you try to look at it from their point of view? you just refuse to do that.

how would jews feel if germany was still in denial? i am not condoning their actions, but you have to know that they are angry and frustrated. its plain ridiculous.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:24

probably definately, they should take their ethnic squables and nonsense out of Iran, as if it doesnt have enough problems.  The same problem in Tabriz with rep. Azerbaijani Azeries causing trouble.  I bet these Armanis were from Armenia, the Persian hand writing looks worse than that of a child.

Edited by Zagros
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:27
I seriously doubt someone from Armenia would  risk going to Iran and write graffiti...
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:28
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:45
Originally posted by Iranian41ife

how would jews feel if germany was still in denial? i am not condoning their actions, but you have to know that they are angry and frustrated. its plain ridiculous.

Armenians and their supporters awlays try to compare it to the Jewish Holocaust to lend more credence to the Armenian allgeations.

Whatever the name you choose for 1915, it certainly was a horrible tradegy not only for Armenians but for many Muslims as well.

Armenians insist on the name Genocide because this term has a very specific legal definition and they are trying to apply the Genocide convention retroactively to force modern Turkey to pay compensations or to return some land.

But lets ignore the motives of the Armenians, and instead assume that the purpose of this campaign for the recognition is awareness of this horrible crime for the sake of a reconciliation between the Armenian and Turkish people, and so that such crimes is never repeated again. If this is indeed the case I fully support the cause of the Armenian people, and also that of all the muslim families in Turkey that have lost loved once in this tradegy and also want their plight to be known to the world.

And I am not alone in that, today there are many people in Turkey who are trying to bring awareness of the events of 1915 to the Turkish public like Orhan Pamuk, Zarakoglu, even conferences are organized where increasingly outspoken supporters of the Genocide thesis are offered the floor ... Their task is not easy and it is made even harded by the actions of Armenian extremists.

Armenians putting ultimatums like recognize it as Genocide or else "Death to Turkey", their continuing agression in Nagorno-Karabakh and the Khojaly massacres, do not help the Armenian cause one bit, they make the Turks even more defensive, in what they see as an unjust onslaught on the image of their country.

You simply cannot support the terrorist actions of ASALA against the Turkish state, or desire the death of it, and at the same time ask for some simpathy from that same state for what has happened to you a century ago. In this respect I applaud mamikon's condemnation of such actions.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:53

I seriously doubt someone from Armenia would  risk going to Iran and write graffiti...

Risk going to Iran? Armenians can travel into Iran pretty much freely, same with Azerbaijanis.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:15
ah wonderfull news, i should email it to my teacher here (Metin Keskin), he works for Zaman newspaper and somethimes he shows up on Samanyolu TV. Few days ago he asked me a news to post, this is great and shocking news for Turkish people!

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:17
Originally posted by Zagros

Risk going to Iran? Armenians can travel into Iran pretty much freely, same with Azerbaijanis.

and being the operative word...(writing graffiti that is)
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:18

Originally posted by DayI

ah wonderfull news, i should email it to my teacher here (Metin Keskin), he works for Zaman newspaper and somethimes he shows up on Samanyolu TV. Few days ago he asked me a news to post, this is great and shocking news for Turkish people!

what kind of reporter gets news from random people? just wondering, no offense

anyway, make sure the credit goes teh cyrus shahmiri, dont take the credit for his work

Edited by Iranian41ife
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>