Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy not Pan-Turkism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why not Pan-Turkism?
    Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:03
Originally posted by DayI

So is "greater Iran" same/similar project as Turan? From what i know is Turan union is the unifycation of Turkic people living in Turkic country's, not occupying other country's parts or occupying parts of country's that where "once" of Turks. From what i see of "greater Iran" posted above me by Land of Aryan is, the unify or clearly "reoccupation" of some parts taht "belonged" to the Persians some "ages" ago. 

It has (actually many) similarities with "megali idea" of Greece during WWI, they also wanted some parts back that "belonged to them" but couldnt.

Wierd!!!

I was Sure sb would say somthing like that, it's reason for underlins & bold words
But "Greater Iran" was more of a cultural super-state, rather than a political one to begin with.

other sources such as Richard Nelson Frye give a more broader definition and define it to have included "much of the Caucasus, Afghanistan, and Central Asia, with cultural influences extending to China, India, and the semitic speaking world." According to Frye, "Iran means all lands and peoples where Iranian languages were and are spoken, and where in the past, multi-faceted Iranian cultures existed." (p.xi, Gretaer Iran).

& for more info, Richard Frye is American Swede not Iranian

Everyday i learn something new about nationalism.

Agreed, people read something & Interpret
to totally new one
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:03
Originally posted by Iranian41ife

LOL you didnt even read the article. the article is about a georgraphical term, it doesnt even mention unification.

yea yea, whatever.

and as that article pionts out, many westerners also use that term to represent this geographical area.

so no, greater iran is not like turan.

Ok, understood thanks for clearing it up.

and why do pan turks use the term turan? thats iranic. why dont you guys use turkistan....
i dunno why.

DayI, is this going to be another one of those discussion where you dont even read what others post and you continue to talk without posting information or sources of any kind?

i think it is, and im ready for it.

I still remember that discussion what your talking about now, i posted there source of something that mamikon asked about. I think it whas about Bulgar-Turkic tribes that where settled in current region of Azerbaijan and where allied with the Byzantines against the sassanid empire. I posted taht source for mamikon but if you dared to read that post you could find your answer in it, so I decided "to avoid pointless discussion with guys who doesnt read other's post and comments about it".
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:06

I still remember that discussion what your talking about now, i posted there source of something that mamikon asked about. I think it whas about Bulgar-Turkic tribes that where settled in current region of Azerbaijan and where allied with the Byzantines against the sassanid empire. I posted taht source for mamikon but if you dared to read that post you could find your answer in it, so I decided "to avoid pointless discussion with guys who doesnt read other's post and comments about it".

no, your "source" was probably not reputable, and that is why you probably didnt show it to me because if you would have, i would have just proved you wrong again.

this happens everytime. we have had like 5 discussions and the same thing happens over and over again. you need to either start debating logically or not enter controversial discussions.

LOL you didnt even read the article. the article is about a georgraphical term, it doesnt even mention unification.

yea yea, whatever.

if you did read the article then why did you say it was talking about unification? LOL i have no problem admitting my mistakes, why do you have problems admitting yours?

your english is good and i know you can read it good too, so if you would have read the article you would not have talked about "unification".

if any of you would have done the research, you would never have even brought the term "greater iran" into this discussion. but you guys didnt, and now you have been proven wrong.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:24

no, your "source" was probably not reputable, and that is why you probably didnt show it to me because if you would have, i would have just proved you wrong again.

Anyway i dont know that subject anymore, we can continiue if you want from there. I dont take those discussion as an battle, but an exchange of mind-toughts.

if you did read the article then why did you say it was talking about unification? LOL i have no problem admitting my mistakes, why do you have problems admitting yours?
Ok why i  did talk about unification is bcuz when i readed "Greater Iran provinces" from the article, i saw some points that did fit in that way. An example, the allergy that you guys have to "Azerbaijan" name and allways claim as it yours belonged to you, did fit in my minds as "unification" it may be wrong, but i posted my vieuw about it.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:28

lol, unification has nothing to do with claims.

we have no probably admitting they are turks now, infact, we know they are turks. but the fact is that they are descendents of the medes and were iranic until the turks came.

i dont know what problem you guys have with that. its the truth. and guess waht DayI, anatolians werent turks either, but they are now. did you also think that anatolians were origionally turks too?

but lets keep this on topic.

pan turkism has no place on this forum. this place is for historical realities. we can talk about the history of pan turkism and its origions and stuff, but pan turkism in general has no place on this historical forum.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2006 at 20:34

but lets keep this on topic.

pan turkism has no place on this forum. this place is for historical realities. we can talk about the history of pan turkism and its origions and stuff, but pan turkism in general has no place on this historical forum.

Agree, any "pan" related stuff shouldnt be allowed here.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 12:16

Originally posted by mamikon

The section "Greater Iran" is a geographical  description not a political one.  And people dont post Iranian articles there pan-Iranism there...and Iran has been a place where many ancient Iranian Empires have risen and  fallen. If you have a Greater Turkey section, who have have been in Anatolia  for only 800 years, then you ignore all other nations who have created states there 2000 years before the arrival of the Turks. And lastly...do I sense jealousy? 

Call me ignorant but I hadn't heard the term "Greater Iran" before joining this forum.Iran as I know it, is name of a country.

I don't participate in activities where I see no chances of excelling.Jealousy is the domain of Females.

Edited by 0000
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 12:28

I don't like "Greater Iran" in the header, so I made this thread with a suggestion:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11167&am p;PN=1

It should just be Ancient Near Eastern Civilisations with sub headers such as Ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, Iran, etc.  It would make it consistant with the forum's current lay out.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 12:33

Ya Zagros I went through that thread.The issue as I see it not about renaming a particular section.It's better if the section below

Topics by region or time period

is either converted into:

1]Topics by region.

or

2]Topics by time period.

I guess better would be Topics by region.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 16:54
Originally posted by 0000

Call me ignorant but I hadn't heard the term "Greater Iran" before joining this forum.Iran as I know it, is name of a country.

I don't participate in activities where I see no chances of excelling.Jealousy is the domain of Females.

see the last page,
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 22:43

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

see the last page,

There's just one direct comment about jealousy on the last page.

On a serious note....I didn't know about the existense of Wikipedia too before I joined this forum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12