Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In 2100, which country will have the strongest military?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: The strongest military in year 2100?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [30.36%]
40 [35.71%]
7 [6.25%]
18 [16.07%]
2 [1.79%]
3 [2.68%]
1 [0.89%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [5.36%]
1 [0.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In 2100, which country will have the strongest military?
    Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 01:31

And why?

Slickmeister View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 07:30
Europe is a continent and the Middle East is a region
just to edit th poll choices.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 14:08

By 2100, Europe will probably have unified!

Middle East got too many countries. But, it'll have been possible that they will be under one regime in year 2100. But most importantly, they fight for the same religion.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 14:12
Europe won't be unified for long, they've been fighting for 6,000 years, I really doubt that this 50 years of peace and unity will continue on indefinitely.  I also think China is set for another round of internal convulsions when the communists finally fall.  The Chinese military is also of very poor quality, and if she even started approaching the United States in terms of power, America would have a greater base from which to draw resources to build up their military, especially after Chinese living standards rise to the point where they no longer have their nice trade surplus and their government can't buy military toys with dirty sweatshop cash.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 15:01
Russia simply because it has so many unused resources.  I think that the internal troubles will be over very soon, and that Russia will modernize its army and reassert itself.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 15:16

At the moment 5 countries have nukes + ICBM's. Britain, France, US, Russia and China in reality they are all equally the most powerful countries in the world. Press one button and 3 mins later a continent is vapourised and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Several other countries, Argentina, India, Brazil, Pakistan, Israel have nukes, but no ICBM's. Though all have the technology to develop them.

Many other countries, South Africa, Japan, European countries, Mexico and so on.... all have the technology to develop nukes and ICBM's but choose not to.

Many countries are on the brink of developing nuke and/or ICBM's Syria, Iran, N Korea,

And all this in just 50 years. 100 years on I'd guess 75% of all the countries on earth are going to be equaly the most powerful country in the world

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 15:48
Good point, I guess the military might does not much matter once you reach a certain level of technology....

Next thing you know, we will be discussing military might in terms of whose spaceships can get to the Martian colonies faster, the invading ones or the defending ones...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 16:37

haha india was the dumbbest vote. It was such a poverty stricken country even in another 96 years it would still be full of poverty.

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 19:51
Chinas military is very strong in terms of numbers but not mucxh else now, however turnarounds adn great leaps of power can occur in very small amounts of time, in the future their military could not only be large but top of the line, however in its current form it is probably the most overrated military on earth, so things will have to change first.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 21:06

I suspect that China will be flexing her military muscles, and that the USA will be on its way out.

"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 21:20

America won't be on its way out for several hundred years.

Member of IAEA
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 06:59
Originally posted by Genghis

America won't be on its way out for several hundred years.

Believe what you want to believe, if it makes you feel better.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 07:02
For which reasons do you think the US will be out so fast, where do you believe it will be in 2100?
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 08:00

Originally posted by Catt

For which reasons do you think the US will be out so fast, where do you believe it will be in 2100?

It just seems to me that the US government has made increasingly bone-headed choices in recent years--the mess in Iraq being the most obvious.  I certainly "support our troops", but I also think it is a crime that they have to be used as cannon fodder, in what appears to be a misguided campaign. 

As for the ultimate waning of US power, I suspect that it may come sooner than others think.  Another friend of mine thinks it may happen within only 50 years or so.  Everything has become increasingly fragmented on the home front, and, militarily, we're spread rather thin.

Right now, I see the USA as being vaguely akin to the Byzantine Empire before Manzikert--i.e., still powerful, but it might just take a single crucial event (military, economic, or otherwise) to ruin everything.

Please excuse my pessimism.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 21:22
No problem Maestro with the pessimism, everyone is entitled to it.

If not the US than certainly China, not sure yet.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 21:31
America is nowhere near as strained as Byzantium, we aren't even as strained as we were during the Cold War.  Byzantium was also beset by powerful enemies on all sides, America is relatively protected.  I just don't think there could be a force that could weaken us to such an extent in the next hundred or so years as to make us lose our growing military supremacy, especially in technology.
Member of IAEA
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 21:36

There will be several superpowers close in national power.

USA, Russia,China and Europe.

Edited by hannibal
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Eternal biggest enemy of Rome.
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 22:09

If the UK gets more invovled with European affairs i think Europe could gain an edge.. for awhile..

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 11:13
Originally posted by Christscrusader

haha india was the dumbbest vote. It was such a poverty stricken country even in another 96 years it would still be full of poverty.

what are you trying to say???

You ever been to India? no
Do you even know anything about india? no
Are you even funny? no

so why talk about things you simply don't understand?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 11:16

"America is nowhere near as strained as Byzantium, we aren't even as strained as we were during the Cold War.  Byzantium was also beset by powerful enemies on all sides, America is relatively protected.  I just don't think there could be a force that could weaken us to such an extent in the next hundred or so years as to make us lose our growing military supremacy, especially in technology."

That's what the Chinese were thinking in the late 15th century of the Ming while it was still the most advanced nation on earth and became cocky. But, China's power declined soon after that with its closed door policy.

The US is having facing a modern version of the same problem.

The US has closed it door to foreign voice and is doing everything its way just like China 500 years ago.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>