Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XI.4 - Thanks for playing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XI.4 - Thanks for playing!
    Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 22:52
Hey - your own question you can't answer, right? I didn't actually get it wrong I hope, because I answered anyway?
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 22:57
no mila you can't answer your own question but you will get bonus points based on the number of questions you answered.  they use a formula that takes 12 math degrees to figure out. 
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 23:07
Oh it's okay, I'm not going to win or anything. And it's not worth fighting over 12th versus 11th place . I was just paranoid that I somehow got it wrong? Or gave the wrong answer for the quiz itself, etc. LOL
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 23:10
lol I hope you gave the right answer otherwise I will have to give back a point. winning isn't everything the enjoyment of being frustrated beyond belief is why we do this isn't it?
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 05:30
Congratulations fastpawn, well done on 14!  Decebal, I was very impressed with your question, and I intend to vote it as my entry for the best question award.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 06:06
i think it is something that you either know or don't, or u must be really lucky with the google.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 07:06
Scores updated, 7 am EST!!!

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA

HOMERS HAND View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote HOMERS HAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 08:14
the test was hard some of the questions i didnt even know i think i got one right. i hope
love is but one of the paths we cross
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 09:02
Please note that round 1 ends in 1 pm EST, which is in 4 hours!!
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 13:41
That's it for round one. Round one scores have been posted. Round two will last until Tomorrow 2 pm EST (which is about 24 hours from now).

The answers to round one questions will be posted shortly.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 16:28
Answers to round one questions have been posted in the first page of this thread. Enjoy!

Edited by Imperator Invictus
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 19:51
Seeing that nobody has gotten the question in round two so far, I'd be willing to give a further hint (in addition to the official hint) if Imperator Invictus and the rest approves.  Until then, good night, and good luck! 
AAAAAAAAAA

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 20:34
Sure, go ahead!
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 21:04
sorry, to sound a bit off tangent here, but i believe Catherine veilika is not a saint. She has been beatified but not canonized. Just a small part.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 21:07
There's a difference? She's called St. Catherine in Bosnia in any event.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 21:25

since I had no idea what the differance was I looked-

Beatification primarily differs from canonization in this: that the former implies (1) a locally restricted, not a universal, permission to venerate, which is (2) a mere permission, and no precept, while canonization implies a universal precept.

Since the canon law reform of 1983, one miracle must be proven to have taken place through the intercession of the person to be beatified, though this requirement is waived for those who died a martyr. More about the process can be found in the article on canonization.

A person who is beatified is given the title "Blessed." The feast day, however, is not universal, but is celebrated only in regions where the Blessed receives particular veneration. For instance, Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha is honored in the United States of America and Canada. The Blessed may also be honored in a particular religious order. For instance, veneration of John Duns Scotus is found in the diocese of Cologne, Germany and among the Franciscans, among other places.

Beatification is considered to be a step towards being declared a saint, usually following the step of being declared venerable and preceding the step of canonization as a saint. Unlike canonization, most theologians do not consider the declaration of beatitude to be an infallible statement of the Church.

Pope John Paul II (18 May 1920 2 April 2005) markedly changed previous Catholic practice regarding beatification. By October 2004 he had beatified 1,340 people, more than the sum of all of his predecessors since Pope Sixtus V (d. 1590), who established a beatification procedure similar to that used today.

-Wikipedia

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:30
So calling her a Saint is wrong? Or is that we can call her Saint and everyone else doesn't even know she exists?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:41
for Round two there is only one question? I cant access the others...
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 23:14

Yes there is only ine question in round two-  the only one nobody answered.

Mila from what I read (and I'm certainly no expert in it I'm not even catholic) you should technically be calling her "the blessed Catherine" and she is only recognised as that in your area but I doubt she minds that you call her St.

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 23:18
Congrats to Decebal. He has answered the question. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>