Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who influenced who?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who influenced who?
    Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 06:22

Do you think Persia influenced the other civilizations such as greeks, romans; egyptians or Islam...? , Or the others civilizations influenced Persia. Did greeks influenced Persians?

cheers I'm just curious!

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 07:13
Egypt was under Iran influence for 200 years during achaemenid, infact 14th dynasty were Iranian.
Islam, there is many resemblances among Islam & Zoroasterian,
& Abbasid seize power by Iranian rebellion, some historian(not Iranian) believe the Abbasid were neo Sassanid dynasty (Arabs disclaim both)
for Roman, Check Christianity, it in essence is Mithraeism.
Greek, I can say there were Iran influence  on Greek until Alexander but after him tjere is heavy greek influence  on Iran.

You can search in AE, You may found many topics

Iran built the foundations of the West?
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9809& ; ; ;KW=west

he Zarathushtrian Foundations of Human Civilization
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10499&am p;am p;PN=3

Royal Popes & Dangerous Women, Glimpses of Culture of Achaemenid
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9884& ; ;PN=4

Iranian Civilization in Vietnam
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10902&am p;am p;am p;PN=1

Edited by Land of Aryan
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 08:32

What do you mean by aryan? can you give me a definition, is it a race ? a culture ?

Iran is a kind of nazi conotation for me because i khnow that before 1935 "Iran" was called Persia. The shah chaged it in Iran(aryan) to make a pact with hitler... Germans are aryan such as iranian? Do u believe in master race?

cheers.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 15:29
Persia is name that Greeks called us.
main name is Iran & it means Land of Aryans.
& so it's not our fault that Nazis claim to be Aryan.
Reza Shah was nationalist & changed name to main one,
on that time Iran was under heavy influence of UK & Russia, Reza shah used Germany to save Iran.
but as I know there was/is no belief about master race in Iran.
also Reza shah saved Iranian Jews in europe, none of Iranian Jews massacred by Nazis & for more information, you can read Persian sphinx book by Hoveida, during WWII he was Iran ambassador in France, he saved 4000 jews of france by fake Iranian passport.
& so Does Cyrus the great cylander sound as racist for you???
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 17:26
Originally posted by someone

What do you mean by aryan? can you give me a definition, is it a race ? a culture ?

Iran is a kind of nazi conotation for me because i khnow that before 1935 "Iran" was called Persia. The shah chaged it in Iran(aryan) to make a pact with hitler... Germans are aryan such as iranian? Do u believe in master race?

cheers.

no, iran wasnt just a racist creation in 1935 by the shah of iran.

iran has been the name of our country for over 2000 years. iranians have always called it iran. persia is just what the west used to call iran, getting it from the greek word persis named after Pars, a province in achaemenid persia.

aryan has no racist conotation. and no aryans are not a master race, not everyone is a nazi

lets see, polo, government system, postal service, diplomacy, human rights, heavy cavalry, countless words, governors, provinces/states, etc... were all first iranian, and then adopted by the west.

westerners like to think that their culture comes from the greeks and romans only, but what they dont know is that a lot of western foundation actually comes from Persia and mesopotamia.

the west is very biased.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 18:27
Ok and what do you think about an Iranian muslim or an Iranian chistian living out of Iran. You think is it correct? you those iranian are iranian(aryan )or pro-arab pro-west...
cyrus View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote cyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 18:47

Islam was imposed to Iranian people by Arabs and that was a very negative point for us, even now you can see the direct result of this inside and outside of Iran.

If you ask most of Iranian people what they think about religion in depth they would say we are not bothered. From Hussan party (that they do to find girl friend and boy friend) up to the government that use Islam as a tool to control people. Iranian people are not bothered about religion in general.

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 23:52
Originally posted by Iranian41ife

westerners like to think that their culture comes from the greeks and romans only, but what they dont know is that a lot of western foundation actually comes from Persia and mesopotamia.

the west is very biased.

Yes, I hate the Romano-centric nature of western history - it bugs me to no end. There are so many other influences, from Celtic to Syriac/Levantine to Mesopotamian to Persian, even Chinese and a very large amount native American (in the modern day).

Iran is sort of a blank region on my personal historical map, but I'm beginning to get an interest in filling it in, at the very least to know more about the prehistory (contemporary with Sumeria and Indus civilizations).
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 23:59
even the United States was founded on Cyrus the Greats human rights decleration through the writings of Xenophon, which was required reading for politicians of the time.

Edited by Iranian41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 03:02
so the land of aryans is the craddle of modern civilization. But Have you got a definition of the word aryan? is it a religion? an ethny? philosophy? Where they came from? from Iran?
yazzmode621 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote yazzmode621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 15:44

Aryan is the what the Iranians referred to as their race since ancient times.  Even on the Cylinder of Cyrus he says it.  The name Iran itself means Land Of the Aryans.   Aryan was never seen as a racist term until the Germans started calling themselves Nordic Aryans who were superior to all other races.  Never did Iranians consider their race superior to others.  Today, these white skinheads incorrectly call themselves Aryans and give the word a bad name. 

Its kinda like if the Japanese today start calling themselves Mongolians and saying that they're superior to everyone else.  This b.s. will result in the country Mongolia getting a bad name

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 16:32
Everybody influenced one another.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 17:12

Aryan is mostly a langwage and a ethnicity.  Most of modern European langwages stem from the original Aryan langwage or langwages.  It is also a ethnicity or race. 

And as far as the last part of your question about where Aryans originate from that is one of the hardest questions to answer.  Some people mostly from the west say Aryans are from the Caucuse ( i think that is how u spell it) Mountains.  Others say we are from the Steeps of central Asia.  Even others say Aryans are from India.  My personal belief has changed from one to another as i aquire more knowledge about the subject.  As for now i am reading a book about the Scythian horse men of the Northern part of the Black Sea.  They are Aryans and were believed to be the first horse men (either them or the Sarmation or the Mongols and one other tribe i cant remember, all of which are Aryans).  Now based on this new information i am starting to think the Aryans are a group of tribes who were all horse men and orginated in the Steeps of Europe and Asia. 

Post Reply Post Reply