Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do Arab countries lose wars?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do Arab countries lose wars?
    Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 07:07
They have some of the best equipment, Pay is off course never a factor in fighting skill.
The reason is lack of a warrior culture. When the arabs had the propogation of Islam as a mission, they were organised behind this aim, but since its impossible to convert people forcibly now, their is no  unifying cause & hence the defeats due to a lack of a reason which is motivating enough.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 06:04
    Simply put: Arab countries loose wars because the system of government and administration of their military is bordering (in many cases, not all!) on anarchy.

Inferior equipment (often times still from the Soviet era), a lack of motivation, excruciating heat and low pay don't help either. Brutality in the enforcement of discipline is also not helping general enthusiasm.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 01:49
The reason behind this is not military, it is poiltical. Vishnugupta Bhatt, the Godfather teacher of Chandragupta Maurya & writer of Arthashatra, a treatise on statecraft in early 320 BC says Fools fight with armies, intelligent men win them with politics & diplomacy. He employed these strategies to found the first docuented Indian empire & was successful in defeating driving out the Greeks under Selucas Nicator from India. Without much fighting !

The Arabs today have some of the most modern weaponry in the world, thanks to their oil money. they have control over the richest lands in the planet. they are home to war like people, but fall prey to the politics of nations. It is this trait which defeats them much more than the enemy armies.

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 13-Sep-2006 at 01:49
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 08:34
We won't be hearing from him (sandzo) anymore!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 06:03
Originally posted by sandzo

ALLAHU EGBER  the whole world is against us but we will rise up inshalla with the help and side of allah all you kafirs burn in jahanam  we eselam walejkum brothers and sisters.

all you kafirs burn in jahanam

Watch your words. You ae nobody to burn all kafirs (non belivers / non muslims) in hell (jahannum).
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:14
Well they didnt loose lebanon/Israel tiff.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 01:33
 Its not that they are bad. The others are simply better.
sandzo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Quote sandzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 22:27

ALLAHU EGBER  the whole world is against us but we will rise up inshalla with the help and side of allah all you kafirs burn in jahanam  we eselam walejkum brothers and sisters.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 17:56
Originally posted by Kapikulu

Maybe you can tell us if there is any Arab country without oil revenue other than Jordan,which barely consists of a very small percent of the Arab World...

Egypt and Syria exports less than others,but crude petroleum and oil products are still  one of Syria Egypt's main export goods.

Please understand there is a big difference between a country without oil revenue, and a country that is oil revenue-dependant.
Even Turkey export oil, did you know that? That does not qualify the country as an oil-revenue-dependant. Many countries that has little oil for exporting, prefer to sell it since their refinary industry cannot do the job of transferring this oil back to the country's needed imports of gas, car fuel, Disel..etc. So they will export oil to gain a monetary revenue and buy the petroleum products instead. This method is much more efficient and actually the only way if you dont have the industry to break crude oil to the basic petroleum products that are needed.

The only Arab countries that are oil-revenue-dependant are the gulf state, Algeria, Libya and Iraq and Sudan. All other poor Arab countries do export oil in smaller quantities (as most of the countries of this globe do so). Dijibouti, Egypt, Syria, Morocco, Yemen and more countries export little amout of crude oil for the reasons I mentioned above.
However, those poor Arab countries that cannot depend on crude oil revenues are actually the most populated Arab countries. That is why I mentioned that most Arabs do not enjoy an oil-revenue generating economy. Egypt with over 70 millions, Morocco with 30 millions, Yemen with 30 millions...etc.  While all gulf states all groupd togather will not make a population beyond 30 millions.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
annechka View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote annechka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 15:44
Hi Azimuth
Thanks for clearing that up.  Sometimes the use of words in different contexts creates confusion and misunderstanding.

My question about Sunnis and Shia contributed to my understanding about the conflicts and schisms among Muslims.  I think these divisions will weaken a country's, or other entity's ability to win at war or to ensure peace within and without.  Thus it contributed to this discussion.  'Why Arab countries loose wars'.   This is not the only factor but an important contributing factor 
Prime example is present day Iraq.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 14:37
Originally posted by ok ge

Only Gulf states are the Arabs whose income is oil-dependant, thus, 75% of other Arabs without oil revenue.

Maybe you can tell us if there is any Arab country without oil revenue other than Jordan,which barely consists of a very small percent of the Arab World...

Egypt and Syria exports less than others,but crude petroleum and oil products are still  one of Syria Egypt's main export goods.

Edited by Kapikulu - 22-Aug-2006 at 14:38
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 14:32
Originally posted by Scorpius

Originally posted by Jay.

Are there not two different ways to pray? Which way do you pray, like a Sunni or Shiia?

There are 5  daily contact prayers and Quaran tells us when and how to perform them. There is also the Friday pray and it is again in Quaran.

If you are asking the positions in contact prayers like standing up or bowing, or the prostration, these positions are also found in Quaran. Actually how to perform Salat is known since the prophet Abraham (before the prophet Mohammed).

So as I said, I am not a Sunni nor Shiia. I like to be called a Muslim without using any adjective before it Tongue

BTW: We are discussing something off topic. 
Apologies

Embarrassed

I dont think that the Koran tell u 'how' to pray. Hadeeth does.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 04:20
Corlanx

i dont have time to replay and quote your last replay to me, but generally you did not bring anything new, you keep repeating sentences which you yourself proven wrong earlier, keep contradicting yourself and changing the direction of the discussion to another new subjects, from your other posts i would say "so typical of you".

annechka

i did not insult anyone and not intending to do so, when i call someone ignorant i simply mean he/she lacks knowledge about that exact subject , and a fool when he/she try to debate about things they are ignorant about. asking questions are much easier i think.

anyway AE has a complaint procedure, please look at it in the AE meeting hall forum and follow them when you see a complaint is neccesary.

as it is clear this topic is about Arabs losing recent wars ( mainly against Israel) and NOT about Islamic branches.

if you are intersted about Sheia/Sunni discussions please make a new thread in the proper forum.
------------------

To all Members

Please stick to the thread's Topic, Open new threads about any other topic you wish to discuss.

any off topic posts will deleted

thanks.

Edited by azimuth - 21-Aug-2006 at 04:49
annechka View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote annechka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 22:06
thanks Marharbbal, 
Peter III View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Peter III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 22:59
When you say "always lose wars", you must mean the Israeli wars, because the Arabs don't usually have a history of losing wars outside of those conflicts.
BlackRaven135 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote BlackRaven135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 21:48
Last I checked Iraq smashed Iran. Oh, and did the arabs not throw the Knights Templer from the Holy Land? I don't think they always lose wars. The Soviet spearhead was shattered in the Afgan mountains....
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 20:21

Are there not two different ways to pray? Which way do you pray, like a Sunni or Shiia?

There are 5  daily contact prayers and Quaran tells us when and how to perform them. There is also the Friday pray and it is again in Quaran.

If you are asking the positions in contact prayers like standing up or bowing, or the prostration, these positions are also found in Quaran. Actually how to perform Salat is known since the prophet Abraham (before the prophet Mohammed).

So as I said, I am not a Sunni nor Shiia. I like to be called a Muslim without using any adjective before it Tongue

BTW: We are discussing something off topic. 
Apologies

Embarrassed
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Scorpius

I do not belong to any group like Sunnies or Shiites, and I am a Muslim. As a believer I follow Quran only as my religious guide :)

Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2006 at 10:27
The difference between Sunnis and Shiites is indeed politic as Scorpius said. What he didn't mention is that it was politic in the 7th Chritian century (first century of Islam) but know it got cristalized into religious dogma.

Both belive Mohamed is the last prophet. No muslim (except very very few exceptions) belive anybody else to be the last prophet.

After the death of Mohamad, in 732, the question was: who is going to be his successor? His closest companions or his son-in-law, Ali. Most went for the closest companion but some staid with Ali. After a few battle the all Ali familly was kill and Ali along them. Yet his corps was found (his grave is said to be in Kerbala, Irak) some of his followers went on fighting. There has been a serie of 7 or more often 12 imams succeding him. Anyway the last of the serie didn't die but disappear and his return on Earth is expected by the Shiites as much as the Christian wait for the return of Christ and the Jews the arrival of the Messie.

Shia became the third sect of  Islam (with the sunnis and the Kharidjites). But on the countrary of the sunnis who do have different traditions but see each other as one single group. The Shiites are divided. The Iranian and the Irakis are Duodecimites (they belive it is the 12th iman that is to come back). But the Druzes in Lebanon are waiting for somebody else. The is another sect in Iran waiting for the 7th imam... Quite scrumbled as you can see. Of course they have been killing each other for generations and thus there is a hatred or at least a powerful suspiscion between them. Sunnis in particular are very anti-Iranian. Yet for about 10years many islamic thinkers are claiming all muslims should get together. The most famous of these leader is Osama Bin Laden.
I am a free donkey!
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 20:52

I am not an expert on this subject but if I am not mistaken, Sunnis beleive Mohammed is the real Prophet and Shiites beleive Ali, Mohammed's cousin, is the real Prophet. I may be wrong.

I do not belong to any group like Sunnies or Shiites, and I am a Muslim. As a believer I follow Quran only as my religious guide :)

But I can answer that question. Both parties believe that Mohammed is the real prophet. It is more about politics:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>