Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyrus the Movie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
yazzmode621 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yazzmode621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyrus the Movie
    Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 01:12
Ok this movie was ready to be made 3 years ago yet they still havent found a way to pay for it.  I really dont think they will find a way now(if they are even still trying).  It would be awesome to see it though. 
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 16:54

OK i also agree if they want a realistic portrail of Cyrus and the Achamanids they need to cast people who at least look something like Persians.  I think the movie if not made by the guys you are talking about will be made eventually some time in the near future hopefully

Another thing not having to do with this subject is how do we know how the Persians lived there is little written evidence to tell us of there customs not counting Nowruz or other ancient holidays.  I think it would be very difficult to make a movie about the Persians and Cyrus with out these facts. 

I personally have read several books on Cyrus but most of them were fictional creations telling about his child hood.  So you see it would be very hard to tell the story.  With Alexander on the other hand and the ancient Greeks they had so much written facts and evidence of thier daily lives and about Alexander's personality as well. 

These things are missing about Cyrus and the Persians so that is what i am basicly trying to say. 

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 17:54
Originally posted by YusakuJon3

Just as with Stone's Alexander, I have my doubts about the Hollywood treatment of historical figures and events, creative license or not.

Whats your objections about historical accuracy in Stone's Alexander?
Although,except the Gaugamela battle (awsome) ,the movie was really boring, the historical accuracy was more of a documentary film than of a movie .
I could recognize 80% of the dialogues-they were taken as a whole from the sources!
I think that a film,(esp a Hollywood film) cannot be more accurate than Alexander...
yazzmode621 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote yazzmode621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 16:22
Dude, that movie was totally inaccurate.  For one, they said Babylon was the capital of Achaemenid Persia when in fact Perspolis was.  They totally didnt even speak of Perspolis.    Second, in the battle of Gaugamela, Alexander is supposed to be fighting the Persian army with Greek mercenaries.  When he gets his troops ready, he says "For the glory of Greece!" which is totally false.  If they wanted to be more 'accurate', then they should have said "For the glory of Macedonia!"
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 18:10
How are Iranians and Greeks portrayed in the Alexander movie?
 http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52 72&KW=alexander

Oliver Stones Alexander, Shame on Persians of Iran!
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=475& KW=alexander
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 20:03

Originally posted by Digenis

Originally posted by YusakuJon3

Just as with Stone's Alexander, I have my doubts about the Hollywood treatment of historical figures and events, creative license or not.

Whats your objections about historical accuracy in Stone's Alexander?
Although,except the Gaugamela battle (awsome) ,the movie was really boring, the historical accuracy was more of a documentary film than of a movie .
I could recognize 80% of the dialogues-they were taken as a whole from the sources!
I think that a film,(esp a Hollywood film) cannot be more accurate than Alexander...

that movie was not historically accurate! what are you talking about?!

that movie was 90% pure hollywood bs, the other 10% may have been accurate, but the movie was garbage.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12