Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movie of the Mongols invasion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie of the Mongols invasion
    Posted: 12-Apr-2006 at 11:49
are there any movies about the Mongols invasion of Europe?
leung
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2006 at 17:25
i wish
Apples n Oranges View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2006 at 17:42

I have a seen a few movies on Chingis Khan.I'll search google.

The Duke as The Khan: American Renditions of Chinggis Khan

"The Conqueror"

John Wayne was perhaps the only thing memorable (as being so miscast) about the 1955 production of "The Conqueror." The movie, filmed in Technicolor and Cinemascope, was 112 minutes long. It was produced and directed by Dick Powell and distributed by Howard Hughes, the famous millionaire eccentric.

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~corff/im/Film/chingis.html

CHINGIS KHAAN'S SPIRIT DISTURBED

Meantime, the latest news is that Hollywood martial art star Steven Sigal plans to direct an action movie about Chinggis Khaan, playing the latter role himself.

http://www.mongoliatoday.com/issue/7/chinggis_khaan.html

aFlam website (Your Online Historical films  Encyclopedia)

http://www.aflam.ws/index.htm

Edited by Apples n Oranges
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2006 at 19:46

The Mongols

Description: (1961) The son of Genghis Khan is on the rampage in Europ in the 13th century. Jack Palance, Anita Ekberg, Antonella Lualdi, Franco Silva.

Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 06:07
There was another Italian movie on the subject.  I think it was called HERCULES VS. THE MONGOLS or something like that.  Obviously, it was mainly fantasy with the figure from Greek mythology as the main character, but the setting of the story was supposed to have been the Mongol invasions of Europe.
Be brave and answer me.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 07:01

OK since Scytho-Sarmatian deviated from the topic.

I remember having watched an Indian movie on Chingis Khan [In India Chingis=Changez].This movie was about Chingis Khan's raids into Indian territory.

Changez khan (VCD)

Banner
N C Films

Status

Released

Color

B

Release Date

Director

Kidar Kapoor

Star Cast

Premnath
Beena Roy
Jeevan
Helen
Tiwari
Sheikh Mukhtar
Leela Mishra

http://musicandmovies.emallroad.com/product_info.php/cPath/2 6_41_46/products_id/2944

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/cast/1827/index.html

Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 08:07
A "Bollywood" film on the Mongols?  That sounds cool!

Edited by Scytho-Sarmatian
Be brave and answer me.
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 10:57
Thank you.Did the Russia or other Eastern Europe  countries produce such kind of movies?
leung
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 13:58

bump

Edited by raygun
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 15:28

Originally posted by tommy

Thank you.Did the Russia or other Eastern Europe  countries produce such kind of movies?

Ya I saw a very old Russian movie some time back.It was made in the 1910's or 1920's.It presented Russian side of the story.Russians being persecuted and then rising against the Mongols.Not sure if Chingis Khan was a character in that movie.Sorry I forgot name of that movie.

If you wish I'll search.

tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 03:29
Originally posted by Apples n Oranges

Ya I saw a very old Russian movie some time back.It was made in the 1910's or 1920's.It presented Russian side of the story.Russians being persecuted and then rising against the Mongols.Not sure if Chingis Khan was a character in that movie.Sorry I forgot name of that movie.

If you wish I'll search.

Thank you. I search it myself. But even I know the name, I may not find the movie in Hong kong.I think those  libraries of my university may not  have this movie.

leung
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 03:48
This one should be easy to find.  It's not East European; it's Italian-made, but it should at least give you a European perspective. 

Now that you mentioned it, I might just end up ordering this myself.  I caught part of it on cable T.V. years ago; it seemed fairly interesting.  Also, I'd like to see that Indian movie too, if I ever get a chance!

Edited by Scytho-Sarmatian
Be brave and answer me.
cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2006 at 23:58
Hi Tommy
China made an excellent miniseries , 30 chapters
on Genghis Khan. "Chengjishian", Most actors and actressess
are Mongols from Inner Mongolia and Xinjiang.
Many Uighurs are therealso.
Main actor: Ba Sen -Genghis Khan
Sa Ren Gaowa - Kekelun
Suolizhong - Bortei

to to google and search for Genghis Khan TV Series.
r's
Clive
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:22
by watching the movies, which mentioned above u won't understand nothin' of chinggis khan, that's what i'll tell u for sure. the movie mantioned by cliveetsknell is good. i really liked it. there's now a new movie which was made by austrians (the actors are mongolians) "Genghis khan the rider of the apocalypse". i think the movie's pretty good.
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2006 at 17:17
I know the tv drama "Chengjishian". i watch it twice in Hong Kong. I think the tv drama could express the history of genghsis khan. But I also think the producer put nationalist feeling into history.The theme song of the drama stated that Genghsis Khan was a great hero, fulfilling the dream of foreign expansion. In the tv drama, Genghsis Khan was not a Mongols, he was a nationalist hero, a Chinese hero. the story talked about how Gk united all nomadic tribes in the Mongolian steppe, and then expaned to mid Asia,  crushing the Jurchen Empire, building up a strong nation. Such historical approach can fit into the development of today and future China.Strong leader( Communist Party) ended the wars and disorders of Old China. they transformed it into a strong and united nation. then China will  move into the international  society as a strong power,Chinese companies will expand(but not by wars, as the government says) oversea. taking an active role in the international  commercial activities.Chinese regarded Gk as hero because he stepped outside  , building up a world Empire,today Chinese government encourged their companied to expand oversea.In such environment, Gk becomes a national hero. Some of my professors also believe that the tv drama is arousing the nationalist feeling of Chinese people.
leung
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 23:33

I know the tv drama "Chengjishian". i watch it twice in Hong Kong. I think the tv drama could express the history of genghsis khan. But I also think the producer put nationalist feeling into history.The theme song of the drama stated that Genghsis Khan was a great hero, fulfilling the dream of foreign expansion. In the tv drama, Genghsis Khan was not a Mongols, he was a nationalist hero, a Chinese hero. the story talked about how Gk united all nomadic tribes in the Mongolian steppe, and then expaned to mid Asia,  crushing the Jurchen Empire, building up a strong nation. Such historical approach can fit into the development of today and future China.Strong leader( Communist Party) ended the wars and disorders of Old China. they transformed it into a strong and united nation. then China will  move into the international  society as a strong power,Chinese companies will expand(but not by wars, as the government says) oversea. taking an active role in the international  commercial activities.Chinese regarded Gk as hero because he stepped outside  , building up a world Empire,today Chinese government encourged their companied to expand oversea.In such environment, Gk becomes a national hero. Some of my professors also believe that the tv drama is arousing the nationalist feeling of Chinese people.

Interesting. In your opinion what do you think is relevant about Genghis Khan and his conquest of the Sung dynasty and the present day modern chinese unity in China?

Does the mongolians agree that Genghis Khan is a chinese hero? Does the average chinese on the street feels the same way?

I just don't understand the rationale in linking Genghis Khan and chinese nationalism.

SaikhaNBayar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SaikhaNBayar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 10:00
Originally posted by raygun

Interesting. In your opinion what do you think is relevant about Genghis Khan and his conquest of the Sung dynasty and the present day modern chinese unity in China?

Does the mongolians agree that Genghis Khan is a chinese hero? Does the average chinese on the street feels the same way?

I just don't understand the rationale in linking Genghis Khan and chinese nationalism.

Absolutely none would agree with that in Mongolia. I don't understand why he's seen as chinese hero too!! But i wouldn't abnegate there are many chinese think him as Chinese hero, and i even met few japanese saying its possible that Chingez khaan was japanese

and i don't get why they are refusing to agree him as mongol, its said very clear in Secret history of Mongols

btw, i heard Buriyats? recently made movie about Chingez khaan as well... not sure its buriyats or ....

The 800th Anniversary of the Great Mongolian State. 2006
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 10:25
Yes, this feeling is interesting. I live in Hong Kong, I do not have such feeling. but many Chinese in the mainland have such feeling.It is because the history books of Communist China always state that"from ancient time"(They do not point out clearly how ancient)"China is a multi national nation", Huns , Mongols, Manchus, Tibet people and  Uigher, as well as other minority ethnic groups are all the members of China. And under this idea, Gh became Chinese hero(although may not correct in my view) some Chinese historians consider the wars between Hans and Mongols or Hans and Manchus  were only civil war between different ethnic group of China. But taiwan historians also have such idea. MMr Lo Hong Lam, an anti communist historian, even stated that the Manchus and Mongols had a same  blood link with Hans,  he stated that in ancient time, some Hans people moved north, into the steppe, they  became the Mongols and manchus, so he stated that Manchus and Mongols  did not invade China, only to come back to their ancient home.Many follow this idea. Hans people always had a strange feeling towards the Gk.The founder of the Ming dynasty also recognized Gk as the  legitimate leader of China.In  modern time, when inner mongolia region became part of China, and M<ongols became part of Chinese, this feeling becomes stronger. Apache Chief Geronimo fought against US , but today he was also recognized as a national hero. Right? One type of helicopter  of Us was name as Apache. But many Apache warriors in 19 or even 20 century might not even recognized themselves as American. At that time. many American also did not recognized apach people as American. A Gual hero,who almost crushed Caesar, also recognized as the national hero  of France, but today French  really  the sons daughters of the ancient Gaul?
leung
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 10:36
Sorry . i made a mistake. Geronimo was the medicine man, but not the chief
leung
SaikhaNBayar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SaikhaNBayar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 06:34

if u look at the faces of people of china and mongolia, you would see they ARE NOT and WERE NOT one nation, its like comparing japanese to europeans... but uighurs and tibetians (and kazaks) more lookalike mongols  than chinese... but the human being were one nation before seperated to ethnic and tribes long time ago... it has many sides to think of it!

The 800th Anniversary of the Great Mongolian State. 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>