Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zoroastrians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoroastrians
    Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 23:55
are there still Zoroastrioans in Iran or is everyobe muslim?
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 00:11

I don't quite know about Iran (it seems I hear the figure 2,000-4,000 at some point), but they definitely do exist in India. Correct me if I'm wrong persn and LoAryan, but aren't Zorastrians thriving in parts of Northern India?

-Akolouthos

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 00:15

yes, there are thousands of zoroastrians in iran today, and there are also a lot in india.

the indian parsis (indian "persians") make many pilgremages to iran for their zoroastrian practices.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 00:21

This is from adherents.org. They do still exist in Iran but the real number in Iran is not really known, because many people have to hide their beliefs because of fear of persecution

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
  2. Islam: 1.3 billion
  3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
  4. Hinduism: 900 million
  5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
  6. Buddhism: 376 million
  7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
  8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
  9. Sikhism: 23 million
  10. Juche: 19 million
  11. Spiritism: 15 million
  12. Judaism: 14 million
  13. Baha'i: 7 million
  14. Jainism: 4.2 million
  15. Shinto: 4 million
  16. Cao Dai: 4 million
  17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
  18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
  19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
  20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
  21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
  22. Scientology: 500 thousand
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 02:51

were the persians anti-jewish or something? because i read the arabian nights although it was a translation but there's always this jewish character in some of the stories and he's always the typical corner store owner jew stereotype, where he duped alladin and etc.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 03:36
The city of Zoroastrians is Yazd and then Kerman but there are many of them in Tehran too, one of our neighbors is a Zoroastrian family, as far as I know there are at least 12 active fire temples and 10 special Zoroastrian schools in Tehran, I think the present Zoroastrian member of Parliament is also from our city.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 08:18
Yes, Cyrus & Prsn are right.
but the problem is that many of them as other minorities are going to leave Iran. becuz of problem that Mullahs make for them.
Most of them are in India,Iran & in Pakistan, Afghanistan,in westren Europe countries, Canada & USA(in some major cities) they have assosition & fire tempels,
& even in Brazil:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8 530&KW=brazil
you'll find pix of Yazd one, here:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6447& ; ; ;PN=7

Zoroasterian assosiation & fire place
In center of Tehran, 30 tir st. (Ghavam olsaltane st.)

Firoz Baharam highschool

about Jews: No, We had/have not problem with them,  remember  Cyrus the Great. Jews were loyal allied for Iranian
Mullahs are who have problem with them

Edited by Land of Aryan
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 08:42
Originally posted by o'bannon

were the persians anti-jewish or something? because i read the arabian nights although it was a translation but there's always this jewish character in some of the stories and he's always the typical corner store owner jew stereotype, where he duped alladin and etc.

Ever read the Merhant of Venice?

Are the English anti-Jewish cuz shakespeare wrote that play?

And it isn't called Arabian Nights, that is just the name ignorant Westerners gave it - it is, in fact,  called 1001 Nights.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 22:33
it was actually rewritten in Arabic and therefore was renamed to Arabian Nights.

Edited by ramin
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 07:50
Originally posted by Zagros

Originally posted by o'bannon

Ever read the Merhant of Venice?

Are the English anti-Jewish cuz shakespeare wrote that play?

And it isn't called Arabian Nights, that is just the name ignorant Westerners gave it - it is, in fact,  called 1001 Nights.

well, from a christian and western point of view, jews would be from a foreign culture, I was just curious that even as far back as the time 1001 nights were written jews already had already been stereotyped like that even in Persia. btw, peace out to all jewish people. I love jews, I was just curious about the whole thing.

Post Reply Post Reply