Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Irans losses during the Qajar dynasty!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irans losses during the Qajar dynasty!
    Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 19:06

The Qajars were too corrupt and to weak! Its pretty safe to say that they were the worst dynasty to rule Iran.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 19:09
Yea Iran got SCREWED!! O well w/e
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 19:12

Actually, if it were not for Qajars Iran would be smaller than it is today, they restored the territory of the Safavids, the later Qajars were bunch of corrupt weaklings, the early ones were definately very instrumental and credit should be given to them because it's due.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 19:13
Originally posted by Zagros

Actually, if it were not for Qajars Iran would be smaller than it is today, they restored the territory of the Safavids, the later Qajars were bunch of corrupt weaklings, the early ones were definately very instrumental and credit should be given to them because it's due.

well yea, i know that, but im talking as a whole.

teh qajars got really bad towards the end....

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 19:29

Here is Iran during the height of the Zand Dynasty.

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 23:06
Was Iran called 'Iran' back then?   I imagine the idea of the nation-state was quite foreign at the time... how did subjects conceive of the empire?
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 00:24

just to point out that the ancient forum is for topics pre 600 AD.

this topic belongs to this thread . post classical middle east.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 00:35

Originally posted by Halevi

Was Iran called 'Iran' back then?   I imagine the idea of the nation-state was quite foreign at the time... how did subjects conceive of the empire?

yes, iran was called iran for thousands of years.

@azimuth: yes, you are right my mistake, im sorry.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 00:57
Originally posted by prsn41ife

]

well almost all empires in the world got really bad toward their ends. the iranians are included.

Edited by azimuth
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 01:01
Originally posted by azimuth

Originally posted by prsn41ife

]

well almost all empires in the world got really bad toward their ends. the iranians are included.

i mean, there was a time when iran could defeat the europeans head to head!

at the begining, during the safavids and the Qajars iran had a strong army that was up to european standards. infact, we defeated the british, the portugese, the russians before.

if the Qajars did not become corrupt, greedy, and uncaring, iran might have been able to stand a chance... but nope, they made the country really weak.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 01:04

yea my point was you can say the same about the sassanids and the earlier empires who was lost to others.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 01:08
Originally posted by azimuth

yea my point was you can say the same about the sassanids and the earlier empires who was lost to others.

i guess you are right, all dynasties fall because at one point or other they become weak.

but still, every country has its bad dynasties, and for iran, the Qajars are it, however, there were some great Qajar kings.

and it think the pahlavis are the second worse, im not sure...

Edited by prsn41ife
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 09:33

Originally posted by Halevi

Hakahamnesh era: Airyanem - Sassanid Eron(shahr) - Samanid till present - Iran.

Sassanid called themselves Shahanshahs of Iran and AnIran (meaning Iran and everywhere else practically) lol.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 13:53
those are not really big losses, compared to Ottomans...

Those snaky threaty's!!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 14:19
The most painful was Herat and the Caucasus.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 15:09

this was the ottoman empire before world war one:

our losses were just as bad as turkey's losses.

and i agree with zagros, the worst losses were the ones in the caucuses, the losses in the east were mostly desert territory and seemingly valueless for the most part.

but the north (cacuases region) was very important.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 16:31
     The Caucasus region was more of a strategic point for future military expansion rather than valuable in itself, was it not?
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 16:41

well, i dont think iran was in a position for military expansion anymore unless it was against the ottomans.

but think about it, desert or the resource rich caucasus???

that is why teh caucasus are more important.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 16:43
Herat and Caucasus were heavily populated areas, it would have been very traumatic.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 16:45

Originally posted by Zagros

Herat and Caucasus were heavily populated areas, it would have been very traumatic.

what do you mean would have? are you talking about the part iran still has or about the part iran lost?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>