Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what’s going on in the Netherlands??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what’s going on in the Netherlands??
    Posted: 13-Nov-2004 at 14:33

This is bigger problem than anyone can expect. The muslim immigrants are now coming even to new EU countries and as well as in the old EU countries they are not going to assimilate with the local society, nor they are going to accept our european values.

As i come from Poland i was always tollerant toward muslim people and have never expected any trouble from them. For centuries we had muslim Tartar minority which didnt cause any problems, rendered good service in the armies of Commonwelath, were loyal, honest people who were avoididng conflicts, were assimilating, many of them were in reward accepted into ranks of nobelity.

But this what is now going in the western Europe is just unacceptable and cannot be tollerated. Non europeans who dont want to assimilate are only the guests, therefore must obey common rules, even if cant approve them.

They just cannot enslave their women in Europe and we cant tollerate their religious customs if they are against our traditions and law. If they dont want to accept our way of life, noone will try to stop them if they decide to go back home. Our society must defend itself against their agression.

Netherlands were always famous for freedom of speech. People there can critisice everything they want, including religions (including christianity) and it is dutch tradition.  If the muslims cant tolerate that someone is criticising islam and feel that those who do that must die, it means that there is no place for them in our countries and in our society.

I was always feeling that Turkey belongs to Europe and that should get its place in the EU. But now i have doubts. Maybe the religious and cultural abyss is to big.

I dont want to look like a fanatic or racist. I just belive that sheeps cant live together with wolves. We cant let them kill our artists when they find them guilty of violating their religious rights. There wouldnt be any problems if they didnt  migrate to Europe, but once they came here they must live in our way. We cant let them practice here their muslim life style.

Few months ago after French decided that muslim women cant wear their head gears i thought that it was stupid law against of all the rules of religious tolernace. Now after events in Netherlands i have completelly changed my mind. We cant let national and religious minorities to terrorise the rest of us. We even cant let them to terrorise their women (even if their women want to be terrorised). The choise must be simple, accept our values, integrate with us, live in peace with us or get out.

I dont want to offend any of our turkish members. I got in real life turkish friends and they are all far from being religious fanatics. They have their traditions and culture but in the same time they live in the european way. I like them and i respect them and their traditions and culture. But in the same time i know that in Turkey not all the people are like they. Not much time ago turkish girl was murdered in Istambul by her brothers what was earlier accepted by her whole family because family thought that their daughter brought them disgrace. I belive there is no place for such behaviour here in Europe.

Edited by Mosquito
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2004 at 14:58

I can only speak for Germany andwhat i've observed is quite different, 4 of my co-workers are Turks, and I know that at least three of them did not celebrated Ramadana dn drink alcohol and 2 of them already speak Swabian dialect. I don#t know if it can get much more assimilated. but I live at the countryside, in larger towns the situation is quite different. there's also another difference, which is IMO more important, Germany has a long history of Turkish immigrants. while the first generation is not fully integrated, their children, the so called 2nd generation is completely German (with Turkish background) and there's no problem about them beign assimilated. so i think the only obstacle is time, nothing else...

Imperatore Dario I View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Imperatore Dario I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2004 at 15:41
I agree about the assimilation process, and it isn't racist. When you come to Europe, the least you can do is adapt and become part of the culture you have just moved into. It's NOT right to try to change the country's culture and values. That fact is why so many people do not like immigration in Europe. In Italy for example, there hasn't been much assimilation, and I'm happy the Italian government is taking decisive actions aginst immigrants. You come to Italy, you either become Italian, and be an asset to society, or go home. Home is the best place to practice your culture. Either home, or countries that are open to multiculturalism, like the UK, Canada, and USA. Those are the best places for immigrants who refuse to give up their culture.

Let there be a race of Romans with the strength of Italian courage.- Virgil's Aeneid
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 11:00

The biggest problem, i believe, is the guettoes (keep religion a private thing). In Portugal, there are no guettoes, and we have no such problems. We only hate gypsies.

BTW, about a week ago, I saw a BBC show about Muslims, integration, and Britain. One girl interviewed, who was wearing some sort of Burka, said "Why don't they assimilate to us?"

I felt like saying: "Because you are in England. If you want them to assimilate to you, tell them to go to Saudi Arabia"

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 02:46
x

Edited by warlord - 05-Jun-2008 at 08:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12