Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Year 1385 or Year 2565

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What should be the source of the Iranian Calendar?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [78.57%]
1 [7.14%]
2 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Year 1385 or Year 2565
    Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 00:23

i dont know whats the big deal, these are just numbers used to identify days in the past and future. has no other meanings i would say.

the Hijrah calender was made by the 2nd caliph, and HE chose it to be from the year the prophet traveled from Makkah to madina, there were suggestions to make it from other events before and after islam. but the Caliph chose the hijrah. for the importance of the event and because its closer to them and easier to calculate.

its not part of the religion.

i think they only thing anyone want to chose a starting year of a calender is the accuracy first, then the event.

if the 2565 is accurate then why not?

Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 00:42

Originally posted by ramin

correct solar calendar???

backward people... who do you mean? Honestly

I mean the first correct calendar, the solar calendar whose dates indicate the position of the earth on its revolution around the sun, hence the precise measure..

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 00:43
well I think it is a big deal for Iranians, and that's what couts. Do you like to exchange your Hijrah with Christ's birth?

I think I read about the Arabic calendar in... not sure where, but I remember the general idea that it was introduced by an iranian astronomer to Omar. That amazed me at the time and made me remember it!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:03
Aydin, I don't think CORRECT is the right word. Solar calendar too, as errors, maybe not as much as lunar, but still it's not "correct"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:25

Originally posted by ramin

well I think it is a big deal for Iranians, and that's what couts. Do you like to exchange your Hijrah with Christ's birth?

I think I read about the Arabic calendar in... not sure where, but I remember the general idea that it was introduced by an iranian astronomer to Omar. That amazed me at the time and made me remember it!

what you talking about? Iranians are the ones who chose the Hijrah calender. not forced on them.

many of people like you think of themselvs as the majority of the iranians. well you are not.

---

littel off topic but about the arabic hijri calender, Arabs had a calender before the Hijri one but the starting point for the year was different and mostly they didnt even have a starting year for their letters .

when Caliph omar became incharge he found its necessary to have a year beside the month and they day in the letters sent to the emirs around the empire.

all he did is chose a starting year, no need for astronomers for that, the lunar system already used and known.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:35
Originally posted by azimuth

what you talking about? Iranians are the ones who chose the Hijrah calender. not forced on them.

many of people like you think of themselvs as the majority of the iranians. well you are not.

just like the script? just like the language? just like the religion?

im sorry, i dont have a problem with any of those things, but what bugs me is when people like you deny the past....

pertaining to the subject, i dont care which calendar or date, as long as its precise...

Edited by prsn41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:39
Originally posted by azimuth

Nobody said it was "forced". It was selected for sure, but still the (every) country is (always) run by the minority. I'm not against the Hijrah calendar so don't jump into conclusions about my "identity". And i say it myself: I'm not part of the majority. my ideas, my thinkings are not common, maybe I'm even alone... leave out the fact that i'm a bad or a good guy.

---

littel off topic but about the arabic hijri calender, Arabs had a calender before the Hijri one but the starting point for the year was different and mostly they didnt even have a starting year for their letters .

when Caliph omar became incharge he found its necessary to have a year beside the month and they day in the letters sent to the emirs around the empire.

all he did is chose a starting year, no need for astronomers for that, the lunar system already used and known.

well you might be right (mostly likely so, because why would u lie, right?)... so I'll just pass until I find something about it.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:44

was it really chosen? wow, i didnt know that, i thought it was one of the things that were imprinted on us durinig the occupation.

i apologise azimuth.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 01:54

as far as i know last time arabs ruled iran was more than 1000 years ago, dont think anything forced on them 1000 years ago will continue till this time. 

ramin

both solar and lunar calenders are used in UAE, its not a big deal, till today i dont know all the lunar mohths or their order.

the official dates in UAE are all the solar ones the one used internationally which some people think its based on the birth of jesus. which is not. there is an error in it.

the lunar one is used for the religious holidays such as Hijra day, Isra and Miraj, Ashora, Eids ..etc.

and thos dates has nothing to do with the starting year. again the starting year was chosen later. the dates and months are the important ones for the religious holidays.

other holidays such as national day are all on the solar system.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 02:06
you're either changing the topic or really don't get my point.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 02:17

no iam not changing the topic

that was a replay to your question "Do you like to exchange your Hijrah with Christ's birth?".

anyway back to the main topic. i dont see whats the big deal, you see that as imporant to your identiy and making everything pure iranian its your choice. i dont have anything against that.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 02:30
I see what as an important issue to my identity?

Hold on a sec. you're jumping into conclusions about my character again. I told you I don't care about the vertex of my calendar.
I'm not fighting for the cause of PURE IRANIAN, if i was then I wouldn've been talkking to you in English but in freaking Persian! you don't know me, so I assume you're just talking to me with an open mouth and shut ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12