Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahmed Hadrovic - Turkish Cultural Center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahmed Hadrovic - Turkish Cultural Center
    Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 18:04

'Among Bosnian Turks'
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

'Among Turkish Bosniaks'
Istanbul, Turkey

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 18:25
thnks ,mila beatiful photos
http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 18:31

i think she is angel

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Turan Han View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Turan Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 18:38
Beautiful photos Mila.......can you tell me what's the difference Bosnian Turks and Turkish Bosniaks? 
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 19:25
I guess Bosnian Turks are Turks who've moved to Bosnia. If they're unassimilated, as many in these photos seem to be, they're probably very recent immigrants.

Turkish Bosniaks I know are Turkish nationals with Bosniak racial heritage. Many also have a Bosniak cultural and linguistic heritage, mainly immigrants from the last century, but this is rare among the overall Bosniak community in Turkey compared to communities elsewhere. This is for obvious reasons, Turkey fought against its people considering themselves anything other than Turks and the bulk of Turkish Bosniaks have been in the country generations more than long enough to have conformed with this.

EDIT: In case it's not clear, all of the photos under "Among Bosnian Turks" are taken in Sarajevo; all of the photos under "Among Turkish Bosniaks" are taken in Istanbul. I'll add that to the main post.

Edited by Mila
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 19:32
My favorite picture is this one:

There's just something about it. The facial structure is not Bosnian at all, but some aspects of it are. It's almost like a Bosnian woman looking out of a Turkic body - it gives me creeps and at the same time it seems really beautiful? It's just something about her eyes. You know how when you look at someone from your face, you can see into them - but often you can't, looking at - for example - Asian or African eyes. I'm sure the same is true in reverse. Anyhow... I focus on her eyes and I can see a Bosnian woman, but when I focus on her whole face, I can't relate to it. It's just cool.

EDIT: Might as well say it before someone else does... Maybe it's just the make-up?

Edited by Mila
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 20:04
interesting.Can you give us more details about Turkish Bosniaks in Turkey?I know they have a large community spreaded into the West.This is funny, every three or four people out of ten I've met from Izmir had a Bosniak background  Also up to 90's,  the largest Mafia in Izmir was a Bosniak family called Besoklar(besoks) later they dispersed by government.

http://www.sabah.com.tr/2004/09/17/gun101.html

Title says: Besok's Daughter: Our family is not mafia

Also, Huseyin Besok who plays in the national basketball team of Turkey is a family member.

Edited by erci
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 22:33
A Bosniak mafia? That's so cool. The Bosniak mafia here is weak. Montenegrins and Albanians control most of it and most of the local bosses are located along the border with Montenegro and Serbia and are, due to geography not nationality, mostly Serb.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 23:19
Here  it says that the family migrated from Bosnia to Izmir in the begining of 1900's and economicly grown after 1960's due to drug smuggling, weapon trade and gambling.
amir khan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote amir khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 00:02

Originally posted by Mila

My favorite picture is this one:

There's just something about it. The facial structure is not Bosnian at all, but some aspects of it are. It's almost like a Bosnian woman looking out of a Turkic body - it gives me creeps and at the same time it seems really beautiful? It's just something about her eyes. You know how when you look at someone from your face, you can see into them - but often you can't, looking at - for example - Asian or African eyes. I'm sure the same is true in reverse. Anyhow... I focus on her eyes and I can see a Bosnian woman, but when I focus on her whole face, I can't relate to it. It's just cool.

I think she is beautiful. The look in her eyes is very sad and brow line almost frowning, and yet there is a certain excitement in her upturned, pouting lips, that seem about to break in to a smile. Her prominent cheekbones(seen nicely if you turn the picture upside down!) reinforce the illusion of an enigmatic smile.  Overall her expression is reminiscent of the Mona Lisa, and is one that men find sultry, mysterious and captivating.-she hot!

I think the other model is just a hideous Barbie doll, with an outrageous jawline and a vacant, gormless expression in her eyes.

----------------

About your comments, There was a study which concluded that babies shown pictures of faces from different races picked up on visual emotional cues like smiling, sadness etc. equally across races. Of course as we grow we come across more of the faces surrounding us and get better at recognizing their emotional cues(connecting with them), but the same is true within your own family. You can pickup on your fathers emotional face better then a different man from the same race. In truly multicultural cities, people can connect with many racial types equally well.

So my point is that its just about what you are accustomed too, not races. But I think you probably agree to this anyway.

Edited by amir khan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 07:09

Interesting. Are there many Bosnian Turks that immigrated back to Bosnia? If it's true, I am curious about what made them immigrate back to the land their ancestors left.

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 09:52
Originally posted by zelda

Interesting. Are there many Bosnian Turks that immigrated back to Bosnia? If it's true, I am curious about what made them immigrate back to the land their ancestors left.

There were a few families that returned to fight on our side during the war, but I mean a very few. I know of only one family in Bihac - the men came back and after the war brought their wives and children with them. Of course, they now own everything in Bihac with a cash register.

I really don't think it's common for people to move back and why would you, really? Turkey isn't a culture clash for us, in fact - it's probably an easier place to live our culture. So if you've lost the nationalist connection to Bosnia specifically, there's not really any compelling reason to choose one over the other.

And yes, I agree with everything Amir said about the races and faces.

Edited by Mila
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 12:25
There where many imigrants in Turkey during ottoman wars and after ww2 to the collaps of soviets, mainly where Bulgarian Turks, then albanians, macedonians (istanbul kasimpasa seems tobe full of macedonian Turks/muslims), bosniaks (yeni bosna in istanbul) + muslims serbs, and many others that i cant think of.

those are i guess more then 3-5 million people...

btw Mila, thanks for the pictures, they are beautifull!

Edited by DayI
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 15:49
Originally posted by DayI

There where many imigrants in Turkey during ottoman wars and after ww2 to the collaps of soviets, mainly where Bulgarian Turks, then albanians, macedonians (istanbul kasimpasa seems tobe full of macedonian Turks/muslims), bosniaks (yeni bosna in istanbul) + muslims serbs, and many others that i cant think of.

those are i guess more then 3-5 million people...

btw Mila, thanks for the pictures, they are beautifull!

I'm sorry, Muslim Serbs?
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 18:19
He means people from the Sandzak, Jay. It's only in the last several decades, specifically since the war, that they've started associating themselves with Bosniaks and Bosnia and Herzegovina. This wouldn't have made its way to Sandzaklije in Turkey yet.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 05:27
Originally posted by Jay.

I'm sorry, Muslim Serbs?
yes muslim serbs, that came along with Bosniaks to Istanbul and the westcoast.
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 06:26

Thats a real woman. I love the contrast of her sultry eyes, with her prominent, unrefined face.

For the record, she doesnt look 'sad' at all. She's trying to be sexy, and she loves the fact that she's being captured on film. You can totally see it in her expression. There's an air of melancholy, but its totally affected.

Nonetheless, she's gorgeous.

Interestingly, she looks typically "Israeli" . Sorry.  Its true. The only thing that gives it away is her relatively small chest (not that thats a bad thing)... for those of you who may be curious, israeli women tend to be *very* well endowed. Its a noticeable phenomenon. I think its the vast quantities of hommous consuption, plus the hormones in the dairy/poultry products in israel. It sounds silly but im not joking.

Anyway, this woman is quite something. I hope she has a brain, too, for her own sake. Long live Bosnian Turks! ... or was it Turkish Bosnians?   Anyway... long live cultural mixing.

Edited by Halevi
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 10:31

He means people from the Sandzak, Jay. It's only in the last several decades, specifically since the war, that they've started associating themselves with Bosniaks and Bosnia and Herzegovina. This wouldn't have made its way to Sandzaklije in Turkey yet.

Sandzaklije in Turkey call themselves Bosniaks, at least those I've met. It doesn't make sense that they should have suddenly started to associate themselves with Bosniaks in Bosnia. Sandzak was, after all, a part of Bosnia before.

Nice pics, btw. But how can you tell only by looking at these pics that some of them are unassimilated? I can only say that about this girl on the pic. I would have never guessed she's Bosniak.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 11:15

The facial structure is not Bosnian at all.

Not Turkic either.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 13:46
She looks Turkish to me by all means and reminds me the pop singer Ajlan

on the right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>