Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excavation of Bosnian Pyramids , 14 april 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excavation of Bosnian Pyramids , 14 april 2006
    Posted: 02-Dec-2006 at 09:16
Great Konstantinius and Hellios Clap
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2007 at 10:35
New film about the discoveries in Bosnia:

http://www.bosnian-pyramid.com/news.php
Be good or be gone.
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2007 at 22:11
F..k, I just accidentally erased a lengthy posting I had just finishedAngry I f.....g hate it when this happens.

OK, let us say that the pyramid is real. What is the culture that built it? The building of large, ceremonial architecture indicates the existence of a State-level society since it takes a certain level of centralization to conduct large public works--money has to be collected, labor has to be assigned, a way needs to be devised replacement labor in the fields, a bureaucracy of sorts needs to be in place in order to keep track of all this. How did all these people feed themselves? Certainly not through hunting/gathering that can only support bands/tribes.  At least horticulture would be required to do it. Where are the remains of fields and/or irrigation works? Even so lets assume that there is a State-level, agricultural societyConfused in the Balkans in 12,000 BC. Fine, so who are they? The building of this size of a pyramid must have been a lengthy process: where are the remains of workers' settlements, workshops, and roads that they must have used to bring in the materials? Furhtermore, a culture with this kind of  knowledge MUST have left other  evidence behind:  other buildings such as palaces or temples, villages/cities, garbage mittens, graves (the Neaderthals having practiced burials before them), many artifacts of all sorts.
It is very hard to believe that this thing just popped up without the supporting evidence for the culture that built it.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 01:14
Have a look at the "Megalith-culture", also known as "Europe's Oldest Civilization".

It seems they came out of ice-time some 9.000 years ago. The most famous structures they made are older than more than 6.500 years old. These megaliths are found both north a south of the Alps, though the former is the older...

http://www.rense.com/general66/vvi.htm

The impact of this culture - and the question of it's origin -  have already been  debated on different threads at this forum, for instance;

http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=9877&PN=2

http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=15241&KW=
'
http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=17707&KW=&PID=334021#334021

Finally realizing that a "civilisation" actually have existed in Northern Europe - already 7.000 BP - have been a pretty unexpected surprise to most anthropologists. Most historians and archaeologists are still numb from the shock and thus silent about this matter....

Due to the obvious signs of this culture - all over Scandinavia and  N Europe it was named "The Borean Civilization", already a few yeas back...!

Here are some clues to it's pre-boreal origin.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E0D81F3EF935A35752C0A9629C8B63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

http://codesign.scu.edu/anthroweb2/027/page7.html

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2337.0.html

Edited by Boreasi - 23-Nov-2007 at 02:12
Be good or be gone.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 01:26
I think it has pretty much been exposed as the fraud is was since the start.
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 01:32
Fraud - all over Europe?!
Be good or be gone.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 01:36

Originally posted by Boreasi

Fraud - all over Europe?!

The Bosnian "pyramids". Not the megaliths :)
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2007 at 02:00
Do you suggest that the structures presently excavated from the hill of Visoka are "a fraud"?

Please explain the deception.  

Edited by Boreasi - 23-Nov-2007 at 02:00
Be good or be gone.
Perun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Perun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 09:19
Clap Congratulations Konstantius
, that is the same thing that all Bosnian scholars try to underline. But obviously this artificial "mysticism" surrounding this fraud is still very catchy to common Bosnians. That is why our real historical treasures are vanishing Angry. All nacionalist politicians support this silly ideas...

Edited by Perun - 27-Nov-2007 at 09:21
Gromovnik
drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 16:17
It is a fraud and actually injurious to the archaeology of Medieval Bosnia.
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 20:37

http://www.rense.com/general66/vvi.htm

This link relates to longhouses, palisades, and EARTHERN works, not large pyramids made of stone

Nice photo of a megalithic/dolmen structure. How does that relate to the pyramid?

Intriguing photo. Can you provide whereabouts please?

Here are some clues to it's pre-boreal origin.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E0D81F3EF935A35752C0A9629C8B63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
This link is about N. America. I don't see its relationship to the alleged Bosnian pyramid.

This link doesn't open

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2337.0.html
This link is also about dolmens and megaliths, not pyramids.

" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 22:36
The building of "dolmens and megaliths" took in unfamiliar structures, like "tholos" the multistory beehive shaped structures of the "Henge People". What's meant by that? Henge people built what are called henges as in "Stonehenge". In other words a prehistoric culture arose across Europe from 6000 BC that became obsessed with building structures out of stone and began an age of development that in one way or another continued. (They still have these sort of people but they can read and write now).

These earlier people had a culture but not a civilization. The way they could so successfully use their labour over a long period of time suggests a lost form European religion based on a total form of community cooperation, which is quite unknown now days.
elenos
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 02:44
How does a spade relate to a sky-scraper?

You couldnt get the latter without the former.
Be good or be gone.
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 05:25

How does a spade relate to a sky-scraper?
You couldnt get the latter without the former.

Very true Boreasi, you have to start somewhere.
elenos
drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 09:16
A spade also relates to the mean by which one spreads manure! And, frankly, the thrust here hardly concerns archaeology and is more illustrative on how the Internet is capable of generating off-the-wall claims and then perpetuating them. For example, here on this thread we have been regaled with pictures, all of which have little to do with the Bosnian caper yet are still pushed forward. For example, above someone does raise the question over the pics and frankly one can hardly link the ruins from Urmiya in the Upper Tigris Valley with the Neolithic Balkans much less the Megalithic structures of the Mediterranean and elsewhere.
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 10:19
They need to get Tony Robinson and Time Team over there to check it out. 
elenos
drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 13:07
Home They, I believe, would know better!
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 21:22
That's the whole idea, that a trained team of experts would know better. I saw a Time Team episode where in the usual three days they dug up a dubious site. It was an education in clear thinking and modern archeology as they stripped away the layers of deception and showed step by step how they arrived at their conclusions of the site being a fake.

In the Bosnian case I'm not sure of a pyramid. However from what I have seen there is some sort of ancient structure but is being poorly excavated. Many other examples exist of the same thing, a "sacred hill", common across Europe. The Neothilic builders kept on adding to the outside structure despite internal collapses over time to keep the shape symmetrical. These monuments were usually coated with white limestone and signaled tribal boundaries also group burials and cremations where the spirits could ascend and descend between earth and skies. This had to do with their emerging beliefs about fertility, birth, growth and death.

Edited by elenos - 05-Dec-2007 at 21:23
elenos
drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 22:04
That "pyramid" is nothing more than the original site of the Medieval town fortress of Visoko that long ago fell victim to Balkan tumults of the 14th century. The hill, known as Visocica, is hardly a novelty given this fact:
A medieval fortress used by Bosnian kings for two centuries sits on top of the Visocica hill. The fortress was built over a Roman Empire observation post, which was built on the ruins of an Illyrian settlement. The Illyrians inhabited the Balkan peninsula long before Slavic tribes conquered it around A.D. 600.

Do people wish to inquire as to the relationship of Illyrians to Albanians!?! As for the more preposterous imagery of Osmaganic, please. Now, if anyone is interested in my discovery of Noah's Ark Cheeky
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 03:07
I was wondering why you were talking when you said about the site being medieval. As you say the site is on of a pre-existing hill. The argument is therefore about the hill being natural or man made in the first place. If an early  settlement was there then it must have been a very rich place to leave behind such a huge mound. The site has been up for grabs since before the Romans who themselves were very systematic in digging up graves sites and carting off the treasures. 

As for the relationship between the Illyrians and the Albanians, what can one say about never ending invasions and strife. The unfortunate part of living in a country that has been at the crossroads of history is every man and his religious or commie dog has raced across the country raping, burning, pillaging and looting right up to not so long ago. 

Osmaganic, ah yes, play it again Sam. Tell me about my alignment! Noah's Ark, what a subject. Please tell us about your discoveries that will change the world. Perhaps if anyone of the original tribe of Israel holds a piece of wood from the true Ark it starts glowing in the dark to attract the rain, hail, thunder and lightning of the Lord? What a find! Perhaps here is the New Age answer to climate change.
elenos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>