Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 115>
Author
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 05:01
Originally posted by Kalender

Hello everyone, I'm Kalender (not calender ), 22, Turkish political science student from Houston, Tx, USA. It's an impressive forum. Looks very informative and intellectual. I found out about it a moment ago and decided to sign up.

All the best wishes.

I'm a graduate of political science, too. Welcome! 

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2005 at 14:22

Ow ive never introduced myself;

real name; Kenan Sener

study; electronics in Belgium

age; 19

sex: man/irkek

interests; History, travelling, cars, sport (soccer)

This site impresses mE!! except some forumers incl a mod...

OUT OF LIMIT
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 18:57
Oooh, pray tell, which ones? I find that the best way to resolve differences is to confront them.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2005 at 02:29

name: the kid

hobbies: chess, history, football

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 16:35
Hello to all.

I am Morticia. (yes, darlings, as in Adams) I accidentally found this forum while searching for "active, intelligent forums" on a search engine. Browsing through some of the topics here, I found most of them to be quite appealing and interesting. Not only did I detect the active participation by some on a daily basis, but the posts are well written by well-versed and grammatically correct individuals. I liked that! I hope to participate, to debate, and to offer my humble opinions as necessary. Thank you for taking the time to read me and hope to be chatting with all of you in the very near future!

Regards

Morty
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 17:01

Morty:

Welcome to the forum......it is "active," but sometimes we over-rate our intelligence.  That goes for all of us.   It is pretty cool to debate here though.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 17:09
Hey, thanks for the welcome Pikes! Over-rating is a good thing!!! I'm cool with that! thanks again.

Morty
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 17:14
Y' ranng?
CARRY NOTHING
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 00:04
Welcome.

Yes, it is not often that you find a forum where the participants are grammatically sound, or are able to correctly spell 50% or over of their words.
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 01:25

r u sayin we shud do kerekt english? 

While spelling and punctuation aren't requirements - it's nice to hear that someone recognizes the efforts put in by our members.

Welcome to all the new folks!

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 10:11
Good day Menippos, Belisarius, Vagabond and all the others.

Yes, I do notice grammar, spelling, composition, etcetera, and those are just a few of the characteristics which attracted me to this forum. I am sometimes appalled at what I see in some sites. The cursing, swearing and four-letter words are rampant in most, and I find that so unnecessary (not to mention disrespectful) in communicating with others. I also observed that most culprits are "booted out" by the Administrators here and I LIKE THAT!!!!

I enjoy participating here, and would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for my warm welcome.

Regards

Morty

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 10:23

Hi morticia

From your name I will venture to guess that you may belong to a small minority around here - girls. Glad to have another aboard.  As to the grammar etc. It is usually pretty good and we try not to allow those nasty four letter words to show up. One thing to keep in mind is that many ,many of our members do not speak English as thier first language so sometimes the grammar mistakes are unintentional. We really are a nice bunch though . Welcome and see you around.   

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 10:50
Hi Dawn.. Yes, I am a human female species! Glad to be onboard.

Thanks for your kind words and welcome. No doubt, I will take the language barrier into consideration. See ya!

Morty
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 10:58

Who's she? grammar-teacher or something?

dont blame me with my grammar mistakes pls

OUT OF LIMIT
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 11:25
Good Day Kenaney...Don't worry, I don't bite (not too hard anyway). Besides, my rabies shots are up to date!

Have no fear, I'm not on grammar patrol this week!!

Morty

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 11:18

have fun

OUT OF LIMIT
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 11:16
Hail!

Maximus Dominus, aka Charles, here. I was mainly just doing some casual web browsing, and really just came across your website by chance - or should I call it fortune?

At any rate, this website and forums look really, really nice, and while I am new and don't know who, specifically, to congratulate for the look, but congratulations really are in order.

I hail from South Carolina.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 21:52
Welcome to AE, all new users. 

Edited by Imperator Invictus
ITAMARATI View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ITAMARATI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:31
I AM FROM ALBANIA For hobbies I raise exotic fish and specialize in cichlids.Also I do lots with herbs and I make and sell my own candles, lotions, perfums, oils, etc...  am working on writing a book on aquarium fish and specially cichlids. Also I have been doing more research on a newer cichlid called the Tilapia Buttikoferi. Also if anyone has any info, or is inteRERESSE
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 22:35
Originally posted by ITAMARATI

I AM FROM ALBANIA For hobbies I raise exotic fish and specialize in cichlids.Also I do lots with herbs and I make and sell my own candles, lotions, perfums, oils, etc... am working on writing a book on aquarium fish and specially cichlids. Also I have been doing more research on a newer cichlid called the Tilapia Buttikoferi. Also if anyone has any info, or is inteRERESSE

Welcome back, Itapevi!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 115>