Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 115>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 08:36
Welcome here.Smile
cbfreire View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote cbfreire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 13:31
Hello, my name is Carlos, i'm portuguese and i live in Lisbon, Portugal. I love history, since bronze age to XIX century, although my favourite timeline is roman period to imperial age (1800).

I'm looking forward to discuss interesting issues and also learn from you.

Carlos
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 14:30
Hey and welcome to you both.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2013 at 20:20
I am not new but an oldie but mouldy on AE but I thought I would take a peek and say hello to you all. I really don't have time for this but I am still alive and kicking in S. Arizona. Still hiking but now I have a black labrador mix named Boomer to take with me. Oh that is right I have posted pics of Boomer here.
If I find time I would love to post some ideas on the Hopi and other Ariozna tribes.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2013 at 21:41
Welcome to the forum pdtoler & cbfreire, and please feel free to extend our knowledge, and add to our entertainment, as well as your own.

Always good to see an old face, eaglecap. Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Adam Melling View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Adam Melling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2013 at 16:38
I'm new here so a very warm hello to you all.

I'd like to share this with you if I may.

Twenty years ago I was about to start my third year at secondary school at the age of 13.
I was interested in the Sciences and had decided to study separate GCSE's (I'm English!) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology which meant that I had to make a choice about the humanity subjects;

History or Geography my young man, but not both.

I chose Geography - this was mainly because I preferred the teacher and I thought volcanoes and earthquakes were cool.

I had already completed two years of study in History during which time I had lightly covered many of the major events in world history up until the end of the 19th Century.

But as the years passed I always felt like I had missed out on a vital part of my education.

I started to develop an interest in 20th century history and as an active user of YouTube I noticed that people were uploading recordings of historical audio and video making them available to the wider audience.
I found that it was easy to rip the audio from these YouTube videos and so I started building my own archive.

I decided to make a timeline of speeches and audio in chronological order to improve my historical knowledge starting from the very first audio recordings up to the latest major historical events. I felt that hearing the history from the direct speech of the history makers was an important asset for my education.

After amassing over 1000 audio recordings it occurred to me that I should be sharing this with others of a similar interest to my own.
I decided to make a non-profit website to list these audio recordings in chronological order.
The only problem was that I did not have the foggiest idea how to make a website.
Thankfully I found a software package called Dreamweaver which was able to do a lot of the work for me.

The result was my first very basic website www.historyinspeech.co.uk

It is just one page with a very long list of audio recordings which can be listened to, or downloaded by clicking on the links.

It is a work in progress so I will be continually adding to the audio.

I am very happy to become a member of this forum and I hope you have a look at my website and gain some benefit from it.

Please note, currently I have not finished thoroughly researching the dates of each audio recording so there may be a small margin of error in the dates posted.
www.historyinspeech.co.uk
Baldrick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2013 at 13:34
Hello,

Your forum was recommend by a friend who uses it.

Glad to meet you all, I look forward to discussing history with you. 
My main interests are 19th and 20th century history.

from my log in name, you will see that i don't take myself too seriously.   Big smile

Tony
I really do have a cunning plan.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2013 at 13:41
Welcome aboard Tony.  Hope you enjoy our forum.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2013 at 22:02
Welcome to the forum Tony/Baldrick. Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2013 at 07:03
Hello Tony Clap

Much better class of moderator here than on historium, they dont instantly ban you for disagreeing with them.

Azita
I did never know so full a voice issue from so empty a heart: but the saying is true 'The empty vessel makes the greatest sound'.
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2013 at 08:34
Originally posted by Azita

Hello Tony Clap

Much better class of moderator here than on historium, they dont instantly ban you for disagreeing with them.

Azita

That is correct! 
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 20:10
Originally posted by Baldrick

Hello,

Your forum was recommend by a friend who uses it.

Glad to meet you all, I look forward to discussing history with you. 
My main interests are 19th and 20th century history.

from my log in name, you will see that i don't take myself too seriously.   Big smile

Tony

Love that showBig smile
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
John Hilde View Drop Down
  Quote John Hilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2013 at 05:57
Hi
My name is John Hilde, I'm founder of Armor Venue. My love for historical clothing & weapons inspired me to create such an online store where we can serve history lovers with online shopping of ancient armor and weapons. As many of us are passionate about history & historical things including ancient armor, weapons, clothing & need to know full information on it. Armor Venue strive to offer high-quality, historically accurate products and services.I've lot to learn & discuss about historical things & so I am here.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2013 at 09:53
Welcome John.  We do allow limited advertising of Legitimate History based sites.  If your looking for historical info on weapons and their use, this is a good spot.
Unknown.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2013 at 08:43
Hello again,
sorry to join and go AWOL, laptop betrayed my trust in it and failed me on an epic scale.

Originally posted by Azita

Hello Tony Clap

Hi, Azita, I am apparantly the reincarnation of a previously banned historium member, WackoConfused
i must confess  at being rather mifffed at getting banned from there, but they do seem to be rather full of themselves, so perhaps better away from that sort of attitude.

Anyway lets see what its like here.

I really do have a cunning plan.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2013 at 09:12
Behave yourself!Big smileRegards.
bosnjak6 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bosnjak6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2013 at 22:19
Name: Mahir

Interests: History, Traveling, Forums

Favorite Time Periods in History: Bosnian Elayet, Ottoman Empier, Kingdom of Bosnia, Ancient Egypt

Religion: Sunni Islam
Slava Bosni!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2013 at 22:57
Nice to see You&Your speach here!Smile
bosnjak6 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bosnjak6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2013 at 08:33
Thank you, this forum is really interesting.
Slava Bosni!
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2013 at 06:54
welcome to AE mahir 
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 115>