Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest modern army?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Poll Question: Which was the greatest modern army?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [29.52%]
7 [6.67%]
12 [11.43%]
3 [2.86%]
2 [1.90%]
2 [1.90%]
46 [43.81%]
2 [1.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest modern army?
    Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:33

Guys, just leav him alone, it is a sick kid, maybne 15 years old, who can say all these things on the internet, never actualy loooking in to people's faces.

He doesn't use force either, cause he doesn't have any, lol.

Poshel ti v pizdu, psihopat ebaniy, po ebalu poluchish u menia.

LOL, I haven't been swearing for a long time in russian, lol, feels good.

Just ignore him, he is known for random posts.

I have been in Russia a year and a half ago, and I am gonna go there this summer, to Moscow, so....

LOL, good answer Cezar,      

Edited by Russian - 09-Jun-2006 at 07:35
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 16:21
Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.

This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.

See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?

Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!

US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 20:39

Originally posted by Death

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

there we go, why US doesnt wipe out Iran, lol, because it can't.

There was no army in history more powerful than the RED ARMY.

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 21:48
Originally posted by Russian

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion! US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Ok,  this is getting really old.  All this bullsh*t is going to get this thread locked.
Anyways.....

why US doesnt wipe out Iran, lol, because it can't. 
My friend,  you are very wrong here.  The US can wipe out Iran or any country in the world.  Tell me why it would be in the best interests of the US to invade Iran right now.  Do you seriously think that GWBush is going to march American troops right into Iran while they are still trying to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.  He has the support of about 35% of the population and there is no way that Congress would support him let alone the UN and NATO.  This arguement is very stupid;  quit using it. 

Edited by karlos - 09-Jun-2006 at 21:58
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 10:40

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.

This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.

See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?

Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!

US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

Ok, I'm game, what's your car?
*btw, I'm not hungry, just had a wonderful lunch.
**now I'm your Romanian friend?! 
***I know quite well what life was all about in Romania before 1989(90). I don't think that Russian had something to do with it.
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 11:46

This is my oppinion: Germany 1912-1943  

CCCP      1943-1945
                                      USA     1945-1962
                                   CCCP      1962-1979
                                      USA      1979-present

Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 18:14

Originally posted by karlos

Use your script and language
retard............unlike you i read books and have read far more
then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you
were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the
fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in
Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause
your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i
would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten
to this guy,you might learn something...............................you
are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all
lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy,
this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak
to make it here where there is a strong competition to even
live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do
you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of
discusion!US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single
country in the World now!

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to
just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is
impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Ok, this is getting really old. All this bullsh*t is going to get this thread locked.
Anyways.....

My friend, you are very wrong here. The US can wipe
out Iran or any country in the world. Tell me why it would be in the best interests of the
US to invade Iran right now. Do you seriously think that
GWBush is going to march American troops right into Iran while they are
still trying to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan. He has the support
of about 35% of the population and there is no way that Congress would
support him let alone the UN and NATO. This arguement is very
stupid; quit using it.

You are a common powerson with a common misconception, whta if US attacks Russia? China, India? It wil get OWNED, owned HARD.get a clue about forces and about the armies.

Land operation in Iran is IMPOSSIBLE for USA, because it will lose, look at the size of Iran, think.

USA is not nearly as powerful as it says it is, Iraq and Iran shows. You are just listening what USA sas about it's army, well, it had never faced a good enough army, it always attacked small countries with not really good armies, should it attack a good sized army, like german, Russia, Chinese, it will not be able to succede.

My argument is that USA can not wipe out any country, what about Russia, China India? USA will get owned should it attack them and USA knows this although keeps presenting it's army as the most powerful ever.

Lol, Cezar, just leave him alone, that's what you do with people like that, just don't reply.

Sheich, I do not agree, I think it must be stated what parts of army were more powerful, like: Land army, air forces, navy?

Because throughout 1945- present, Russia has most powerful land army, throughout 1945-present USA has strongest air forces and Navy. So, it depends not on time in this case, but on the part of the army I think.

You are right, it would be not in hte best interests of USA to invadde Iran, because they know their land forces will lose there.

Edited by Russian - 10-Jun-2006 at 18:22
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 05:08

Originally posted by karlos

Use your script and language
retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more
then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you
were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the
fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in
Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause
your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i
would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten
to this guy,you might learn something...............................you
are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all
lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy,
this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak
to make it here where there is a strong competition to even
live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do
you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of
discusion! US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single
country in the World now!

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to
just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is
impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Ok,  this is getting really old.  All this bullsh*t is going to get this thread locked.
Anyways.....

My friend,  you are very wrong here.  The US can wipe
out Iran or any country in the world.  Tell me why it would be in the best interests of the
US to invade Iran right now.  Do you seriously think that
GWBush is going to march American troops right into Iran while they are
still trying to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.  He has the support
of about 35% of the population and there is no way that Congress would
support him let alone the UN and NATO.  This arguement is very
stupid;  quit using it. 

You are a common powerson with a common misconception, whta if US attacks Russia? China, India? It wil get OWNED, owned HARD.get a clue about forces and about the armies.

Land operation in Iran is IMPOSSIBLE for USA, because it will lose, look at the size of Iran, think.

USA is not nearly as powerful as it says it is, Iraq and Iran shows. You are just listening what USA sas about it's army, well, it had never faced a good enough army, it always attacked small countries with not really good armies, should it attack a good sized army, like german, Russia, Chinese, it will not be able to succede.

My argument is that USA can not wipe out any country, what about Russia, China India? USA will get owned should it attack them and USA knows this although keeps presenting it's army as the most powerful ever.

Lol, Cezar, just leave him alone, that's what you do with people like that, just don't reply.

Sheich, I do not agree, I think it must be stated what parts of army were more powerful, like: Land army, air forces, navy?

Because throughout 1945- present, Russia has most powerful land army, throughout 1945-present USA has strongest air forces and Navy. So, it depends not on time in this case, but on the part of the army I think.

You are right, it would be not in hte best interests of USA to invadde Iran, because they know their land forces will lose there.

Russian,  the US could wipe out Iran along with any country in the world with nuclear weapons(though the response may not be too pretty).  US ground forces are not designed to fight large land battles.  It would be stupid for the US to design its forces otherwise(look at the globe,  the USA is sitting comfortably with oceans on either side with no threat of a ground invasion). 
If the US tried to fight a conventional war with China, India,  or especially Russia it would most likely lead to nukes flying and thus it is too risky.  I don't believe that there are going to be any large scale wars in the near future as nearly all the participants would be nuclear armed and thus they have that deterant,  especially in the case of a war between the US and Russia.
  Having the most powerful ground forces in the world is not that great if you'reisolated.  Politically and logistically,  Russia is in no position to launch offenses outside of its region.  Do you think Russia could "wipe out," without using its vast nuclear capabilities, China,  India,  or the US,  or even Iran?

You are a common powerson with a common misconception, whta if US attacks Russia? China, India? It wil get OWNED, owned HARD.get a clue about forces and about the armies.There is not going to be a war between the US and a nuclear armed nation like China,  Russia,  or India the forseable future. In case you didn't notice,  Americans(and Russians, Chinese, Indians....) don't like to loose millions of their people to wars.  Life is not cheap.

just leave him alone, that's what you do with people like that, just don't reply.
lol.  I totally agree.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 05:41
Dear Death, Russian and Cesar !

Would you please continue your infantile ranting somewhere else.
Anymore of this and you all will have all the time in the world to watch the WC.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 07:09
Guys calm it!

An Iran operation, on land, is entirely possible. Any conventional Iran war would be won by the US. However peacekeeping would be impossible.

And Death, Russia had the most powerful army at the end of WW2 of any of the nations. (not probably more powerful than all the Allies though). They beat the Germans square and fair.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:37

Ok, sorry.   

but I still disagree about land operation Dampier, I don't think it is possible for US really.

karlos, Russia is also able to wipe out any country in the world, Russia actually has more nuclear weapons than US and bigger throw weight.

Well, you pointed out correctly that Nukes are peace keepres. No Russia wouldn't be able to wipe out China or India, but Iran, probably.

Edited by Russian - 12-Jun-2006 at 09:40
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2006 at 22:32
There are many factors to consider when you compare the US military against the Russian military.  These days the US Army is much better.  Its weapons are better cared for and in better condition, it has an extensive cargo system that can transport weapons and supplies all over the world.  It has more money and a extensive satellite network.  Advanced UAVs and aircraft.  As for Iraq, the US could easily destroy every town and city in Iraq if it wanted to.  Thats the way the Russians do it but that would go against what they are trying to do there.  During the first strikes a few years ago the US military spared civilian facilities such as water treatment plants and the like.  The Russians would not do that.  You can't use Iraq to rate the US military because it is not a traditional conflict and Russian is fighting a whole different type of war.  And nukes, well numbers don't really matter if you get over 200.  200 is enough to destroy every large city in Russia or the US and then some.

Edited by jetsetter - 14-Jun-2006 at 22:33
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 05:05

karlos, Russia is also able to wipe out any country in the world, Russia actually has more nuclear weapons than US and bigger throw weight.

Can you confirm this, I was reading the Economist recently and they had the strategic nuke figures at something like 3,050 for US and 2,950 for Russia.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 23:06
I thought that i already posted my "im sorry" thread.No?,ok this is the one....

Ok i said what i wanted now i ask:
oh my God,how many more times will i have to ask Russian to explane to me HOW COULD  RUsSIA, RIGHT AFTER WW2, BEAT THE US WHEN IT DIDNT HAVE ANY NUCLEAR POWERED WEAPONS?
We are talking modern,not post modern, or post-post modern,right?
Then even my opinion that Germany was the best doesnt stand,so if Germany wasnt then Russia isnt too,.....hahaha,...lol
No realy, Russ explane

Edited by Death - 18-Jun-2006 at 23:08
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 16:44
Russian, you said, that it is not important how large the GDP is, it is important how many a land can produce.
Russia has a weaker GDP than Italy, but can Russia produce more?
Have you got statistics about Industrial Power?
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 17:43
America had no nucleur weapons immediately after WW2 I believe, they used both their weapons on Japan. So open playing field. Plus with Russias air force (compared to Japans) could the Americans have delivered the bombs?
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2006 at 00:24

Originally posted by Dampier

Can you confirm this, I was reading the Economist recently and they had the strategic nuke figures at something like 3,050 for US and 2,950 for Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_nuclear_weapons#States_that_have_tested_a_nuclear_weapon

"Russia has a weaker GDP than Italy, but can Russia produce more?"

You've got to be kidding me.

Edited by Russian - 23-Jul-2006 at 00:25
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2006 at 02:00

All this sizing eachother up is sort of terrifying but affirms my ww3 nightmares. As a United States citizen. I have to say that these days the military might is sort of making me wonder if i might one day be prisoner of the gov. Confused

Please trust that im not confident in my nations military only because I was born here. I just feel that if pushed to the brink, or even just met with a more than formittable enemy, The death and destruction that can be projected globally would be not good. This topic is sort of scary in that way I guess because I (like most of the people ) am in no rush to engage in a war of that magnitude.

but thats my typical american opinion.  Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 23:58
yes russian and person from uzkarjakitan.the anericans are fools.their f 117 is flawed.hear of the bonsia incident.a single round from a small arm destroy a 8 million dollar machine.Plus immendelity after the sovirt union desolved it the gay and very very very very scared americans knew that the russians were militaryly superior and that they could never win a ground war aginst the ussr,but about the very very very very very scared part the usa  quickly made the ussr apart of nato.29 days after ward and only that late becasue the u.s were preparing therir speeches and stuff.belive me and russian and the guy from uberistan the russian n.koreans and chinese and vietcong would certainly win.not the ill equpped american army.i was watching this one movie were the americans[in american soldierds]are in iraq and figthing agingt the tailban.well these armed militia were armed with only ak 47s and grenades and body armor.they after only five minutes the evil am,ericanswere requestingAIR SUPPORT.THE IRAQIS WERE BEATING THEM.THEY THE ARMEICAN ARE WAY TO CONFIDENT.ALREADY THE AREMICANS IN JUST TWO WEEKS OF FIGTHING WANTED TO GO HOME.PEOPLE OF THE WORLD[ARMEICA IS WEAKCOMPARED AGINST CHINA OR N.KOERA.sh*t DONT YOU UNDERSTAND.THE ARE IN TOP 5 BUT NOT TOP 5.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 11:46
I agree that the american soldier don't have the spirit needed, because they don't fight in any defensive war, but always in other countries and most times thay are the invaders.
But I think they still have a good quality in training (hell, thay at least have a lot of recent experience), and of course top quality in equipment. Their land army isn't impressive, but what makes them strong is 1)the ability to move their 'small' army everywhere within very little time, 2)their ability to support this army with the exhausting power of their airforce.
Of course without their air superiority, and in a large flat battlefield like that of central europe (NATO-Warsaw pact borders) they would be too weak.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>