Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sitchin’s theories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sitchin’s theories
    Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 06:31

What do you think about Sitchin's theories???

Do you agree with him, that Annunaki came from unexplored twelth planet and they built first civilisation ???

Maybe he thinks like Erich Daeniken, but I wish there must be a bit of truth in his establishing Sumer God's identities. Nowadays, Sitchin encounter obstacles, because people rather don't believe in paleoastronauts. Time of glory of his theories had subsided, fortunately or unfortunately. We are now more sceptic, but we still don't know more about Sumer Civilisation.

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2004 at 21:34
I do not agree with his theories.  He claims (despite the fact that he is no expert in cuneiform) to have interpreted Sumerian inscriptions correctly.  That, right there, should give persons of healthy skepticism, justifiable doubt to his theories.  Despite the consensual expertise of true cuneiform scholars, only he has the right interpretations?  Much of what he interprets from pictures can be interpreted in other ways as well.  Like van Daneken, he doesn't give humanity hardly any credit in its own development.  He should be allocated to the realm of pop conspiracy theorist with a cult following.  Nothing scholarly can be made from his claims. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2004 at 08:38

Originally posted by Sharrukin

I do not agree with his theories.  He claims (despite the fact that he is no expert in cuneiform(?) to have interpreted Sumerian inscriptions correctly,  adds doubt to his theories.  beiing no cuneiform scholar, only he has the right interpretations?  Much of what he interprets from pictures can be interpreted in other ways as well.  Like Von Danikken allocated .  Nothing scholarly can be made from his claims. 

I have got and read  the pocketbook Title"The Gods or something?"some time ago. If these stories date AFTER 1000 bc than the"Annunaki"are the Greek:"Kanake"or proto-greeK "Hyksos" "ALALU" mKy be the greek hero"Hellen" the Story is about 3 generations of babylonian kings but it is not clear whether the Kassite-Dynasty is ment.

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2004 at 22:48
The stories don't date from after 1000 BC but rather from before 2000 BC.  Alulu?  Do you mean Alulim of Eridu, the first king of Sumer?  If so, he is already mentioned by 2000 BC in the Sumerian Kinglist.  There is nothing to suggest that these names relate to anything Greek.
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2004 at 18:35
'Chariots of the Gods', right?  I'm in agreement with Sharrukin on that.  It reeks too much of 'kook' activity, much like the Nostrodamus people and that fellow who came up with the argument that the Moon missions were a government hoax.

Needless to say, such things have much staying power in certain circles...
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 20:25

'Chariots of the Gods', right? 

Yes, Sitchin is the modern von Daniken.  For a critique on his work, see

http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/sitchiniswrongcontentpage.htm

This just one of many sites which find scientific fallacy to his theories.

vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 23:23

I would also have to agree with Sharrukin and YusakuJonJ - Stichin represents the worst of pseudo-science and pseudo-history.  His interpretations are erroneous - based on poor research and his concepts have no rational backing. 

Personally - I fail to see why we need to believe that anyone else dabbled with our genes at all.  I think that it is selling humanity short to think that we are not capable of evolving all on our own just as all life on the planet has.

The following are only a few of the sites that debunk - some more politely - some less - his theories.

http://skepdic.com/sitchin.html

http://www.mdep.org/SitchinErrors.html

http://www.truthbeknown.com/sitchin.htm

and this reather adamant page

http://www.mdep.org/SitchinErrors.html#VA243

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 04:32
The idea that aliens meddled with our genes is nothing new.  It reminds me of the pulp-fiction magazine covers of the 1940s and 1950s, which showed tentacled aliens chasing earth's women.  Usually the covers had nothing to do with the stories inside, so it was never explained why a creature resembling a lobster or an octopus would want the same kind of women that an adolescent human male finds attractive.  Moreover, the aliens obviously have different proteins, genes and sexual eqipment from us, but nobody ever explained what they actually wanted to DO with those women.

Sitchin would have done better if he had written his stories of the Annunaki as science fiction, in my opinion.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 12:17
Eh, i rather thought von Daniken was amusing, maybe i'll give Sitchin ago just for a laugh.
Arrrgh!!"
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 12:42
I vaguely remember reading something like the "foot print of the gods" or maybe "finger print of the gods", some dribble like that also rather amuzing.
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 06:29
Cywr, I found Sitchin funnier.  Remember what I said about how his books should have gone on the science fiction rack in the typical bookstore.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 06:54

Yes, I have to admit it *self-whipping sounds in the background*, once when I was young and naive I bought one of Daineken's books. It was called "the 2nd coming is already here" or something like it, but I swear to you I didn't know what it was all about, I just liked the cover

It took me only a few pages to realize that it was bullsh*t but I still read it to the (bitter) end. Ok, I finally got it out of my chest!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 05:17

In my opinion, Zecharia Sitchin made some real research, that was his job, and he made comment on the Sumerian scriptures wrongly in purpose to prove the  history in the Old Testament. So it was his biggest mistake. He tried to show ecerything and improvement of our ancestors as the Marduk Gods' failure...

He only took Sumerians as the first civilized men but he didn't really research about the more ancient civilizations that we have almost any information about...

I think he knew he was wrong about some scriptures but Sumerian scriptures were only his false witness to prove the reality of Old Testament. It is true that our knowledge of ancient history and our genetical origins is still a shame for most humans because of misinformation emposed to us but to reach the true knowledge isnt possible with a man's books that are totally written with sided knowledge...

Edited by Oguzoglu
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 19:31
Funny, another coast to coast am guest with Art Bell or George Noory. You have to take most coast to coast guests with a grain of salt but I still love the show.

www.coasttocoastam.com catch it online!!
 Post Reply Post Reply