Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tork-stereotypes in Farsi/Shirazi cultu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tork-stereotypes in Farsi/Shirazi cultu
    Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 05:18

By the way, there is no such thing as Farsi culture, at least it is no different from Azari in the towns.  If you want true Farsi and Azaris culture you find the villagers and nomads, they do not have such jokes.

Esfahanis - like Jew stereotype: stingey misers

Ghazvinis - Perverts

Rashtis - Stupid/perverts

Lors - Dehati / rednecks / sounds more offensive in Iran than redneck does in America.

Azari - Slow

Tehrani - Sissies (at least that is what we used to think of them in Kermshah)

From this list, it is seen that four of the groups were major players in teh defense of Iran against Russians and Ottomans: Ghazvinis, Lors, Rashtis and of course Azaris.

Are there any others, like for Mashhadis?

Edited by Zagros
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 10:18
Back in high school during the Iran hostage crises in the US an Iranian exchange student was in my government class. The discussion one day turned to minorities. As he was standing up in front of the class, he said that in Iran a Turkish joke is common and is similar in perspective as  Polish jokes are in America.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:04
ok got the joke now.

what is the stereotype with shiraz people?
Behrouz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Behrouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 23:25
Originally posted by Zagros

By the way, there is no such thing as Farsi culture, at least it is no different from Azari in the towns.  If you want true Farsi and Azaris culture you find the villagers and nomads, they do not have such jokes.

Esfahanis - like Jew stereotype: stingey misers

Ghazvinis - Perverts

Rashtis - Stupid/perverts

Lors - Dehati / rednecks / sounds more offensive in Iran than redneck does in America.

Azari - Slow

Tehrani - Sissies (at least that is what we used to think of them in Kermshah)

From this list, it is seen that four of the groups were major players in teh defense of Iran against Russians and Ottomans: Ghazvinis, Lors, Rashtis and of course Azaris.

Are there any others, like for Mashhadis?

I believe the Rashti sterotype is about the wife always sleeping with other men and the husband not caring. It's not much about stupidity.

Shirazi sterotype......hmmm....I can't think of a joke about them, I'm not that great with jokes. But there's a stereotype for them as well as the kurds.

Edited by Behrouz
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:23
in Persian jokes, kurds are supposed to be brave.

during Iran-Iraq war, Iraqi torture for the Kurdish POWs was to force them put on stretch-pants

another one (Khuzestani are always supposed to be dancing with Bandari music):
During war, Iraqis used to tie Khuzestanis with a rope then put on a Bandari music for torturing!

Azeri: Iraqis used to put Azeri POWs in a round room and told them to sit in a corner.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:50
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 13:52
We shirazies are known for our rude language.  We use the female genetics a lot in sentences.  Its nothing racist  we say  people from Gazvin are gay  people from tehran are  sissy people from esfahan are cheap people from Kerman are dumb ,  Lors are  mullahs,  Kermanies are Drug addicts and so on. Its all good we dont really care about this sh*t because we have something to say about all of us LOL.
Iran parast
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 23:58

The most of jocks about Azeri people are made by themselves. I remember many nights i sat with my Azeri relatives and they keep telling Azeri jocks all the time.

An Azeri man falls from the roof of his house to the garbage can in the street and it makes a big noise. People running hastily to him and ask "what's happened, what's happened?" and he says "i don't know, i just arrived"

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 20:09
Racism is a problem of humanity and if simply shifted under the carpet or excused it can manifest in quite ugly way's.

I find it shocking that some here try to excuse this behaviour and even shift the blame on the poor Azeri, I don't see them here saying yeah we really love being taken the piss out of its all part and parcel of being from Iran, its actually horrible.

For a long time in Britain sadly Blacks were called "Niggers", "Gollywogs", "Boy" and other kind of disgusting name's they were so many racist jokes about them that it got to a stage where they had enough and pushed for change.

Thankfully now we in Britain don't excuse racism or Monkey Chants at football matches as "acceptable" and part of Brittish culture cos quite frankly its a very ugly aspect of humanity and cannot be called culture.

Sure tongue and cheek joke's are funny and acceptable if the person telling the "race" joke is actually a member of it, however, its not acceptable for me to go around telling joke's about Black or Asian people and quite frankly I'd probobly get a punch in the face for doing it.

Please tackle your problem's, don't pretend they don't exist try to work towards explaining this is wrong and can lead to larger problems.

You say the Russian's invented this while why carry it on?
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 23:54
we're not a very happy nation and we like our jokes. so let it go and just let us enjoy it. After all, we're making fun of ourselves and there's no harm to any of you 'british' (turkish!) .. so why you worry.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 06:10
Originally posted by Bulldog

Racism is a problem of humanity and if simply shifted under the carpet or excused it can manifest in quite ugly way's.

I find it shocking that some here try to excuse this behaviour and even shift the blame on the poor Azeri, I don't see them here saying yeah we really love being taken the piss out of its all part and parcel of being from Iran, its actually horrible.

For a long time in Britain sadly Blacks were called "Niggers", "Gollywogs", "Boy" and other kind of disgusting name's they were so many racist jokes about them that it got to a stage where they had enough and pushed for change.

Thankfully now we in Britain don't excuse racism or Monkey Chants at football matches as "acceptable" and part of Brittish culture cos quite frankly its a very ugly aspect of humanity and cannot be called culture.

Sure tongue and cheek joke's are funny and acceptable if the person telling the "race" joke is actually a member of it, however, its not acceptable for me to go around telling joke's about Black or Asian people and quite frankly I'd probobly get a punch in the face for doing it.

Please tackle your problem's, don't pretend they don't exist try to work towards explaining this is wrong and can lead to larger problems.

You say the Russian's invented this while why carry it on?

Yea you must be familiar with Irish jokes, Sicilian jokes in Italy and Polsih jokes in the US. Some people think they are tasteless (like me) but people who don't care for politics will carry them on - and they most certainly are not racist, considering there is no racial difference.

Also stereotype of tehranis is sissy, esfahani-greedy, ghazvini-gay.

Now, I think you should just drop the facade.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 17:06
Well said ZagrosThumbs Up
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 18:17
that "Tork" stereotyping has gone over his limits in may 22, there where huge demonstration in Tabriz and in many other azari city's.

A pic of a huge demonstration in Tabriz:

Edited by DayI - 23-May-2006 at 18:21
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 18:28
some other pics:

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 21:16

This has a political background, this is not the first time a newspaper draws a funny caricature about azeri people. They use this matter to rise against the islamic gov. You have to learn more about Iranians DayI.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 07:12
Originally posted by Maziar

This has a political background, this is not the first time a newspaper draws a funny caricature about azeri people. They use this matter to rise against the islamic gov. You have to learn more about Iranians DayI.

i didnt post what they had written on the paper, the "Iran" paper is published by the Iranian government self!

calling "Turks" as cockroachs and giving a comment that they live in "wc's" also commenting to get ride of them all, isnt "funny" but a racistic comment.

Not being racitic only, it is also very dangerous these times when Iran searchs for cover against the US...

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 08:00
isnt you also find   this protests very very interesting with this timing?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 09:57
Originally posted by Mortaza

isnt you also find   this protests very very interesting with this timing?
what interesting is for me it is the timing of that caricature.

I still try to cover why that government published paper published something like that, ok before they did it with like Zagros and other Iranians say for example: "shirazi's are dumb" or something but calling them as a cockroach (hamambcegi) and commenting that they should get ride of them all by not sh*tting in wc's or something is very rude "joke", it is racism.

Look what it whas written (in Turkish):

Karikatr 19 Mayıs tarihinde yayınlandı. Karikatrde bir ocuk, bir hamam bceği ile konuşmakta. Hamam bceği olarak gsterilen Trk, "Ne?" diye soruyor. Karikatrn altında ise "Ne yapalım ki biz de bu aşağılık hamam bceklerine dnşmeyelim. Onların kuralsız, gramersiz ilkel bir dilleri var. Kendileri bile kendi dillerini anlamadıkları iin başka dillerde konuşuyorlar. Bunların en ok barındıkları yerler tuvaletlerdir. Bunlar .ok ile beslenirler. Bunları mahvetmet iin yeter ki bir ka gn tuvaletlere gitmeyelim. Alıktan gebersinler. Bunun yerine bahelerdeki iekleri gbreleyin. Daha yararlı olur" yazısı yer alıyor.

source; http://www.internethaber.com/news_detail.php?id=21885
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 11:38

This is more disgusting than I  think,  I agree this is racism.  But why  did they publish this caricatureConfused. I dont think iran goverment supported this. or are they  that much stupid?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 12:35

Maziar this is totally bullsh*t, This is not a funny caricature, but disgusting racist words. You have to learn more about what is a funny caricature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>