Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tork-stereotypes in Farsi/Shirazi cultu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tork-stereotypes in Farsi/Shirazi cultu
    Posted: 05-May-2006 at 23:58

The most of jocks about Azeri people are made by themselves. I remember many nights i sat with my Azeri relatives and they keep telling Azeri jocks all the time.

An Azeri man falls from the roof of his house to the garbage can in the street and it makes a big noise. People running hastily to him and ask "what's happened, what's happened?" and he says "i don't know, i just arrived"

shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 13:52
We shirazies are known for our rude language.  We use the female genetics a lot in sentences.  Its nothing racist  we say  people from Gazvin are gay  people from tehran are  sissy people from esfahan are cheap people from Kerman are dumb ,  Lors are  mullahs,  Kermanies are Drug addicts and so on. Its all good we dont really care about this sh*t because we have something to say about all of us LOL.
Iran parast
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:50
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:23
in Persian jokes, kurds are supposed to be brave.

during Iran-Iraq war, Iraqi torture for the Kurdish POWs was to force them put on stretch-pants

another one (Khuzestani are always supposed to be dancing with Bandari music):
During war, Iraqis used to tie Khuzestanis with a rope then put on a Bandari music for torturing!

Azeri: Iraqis used to put Azeri POWs in a round room and told them to sit in a corner.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Behrouz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Behrouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 23:25
Originally posted by Zagros

By the way, there is no such thing as Farsi culture, at least it is no different from Azari in the towns.  If you want true Farsi and Azaris culture you find the villagers and nomads, they do not have such jokes.

Esfahanis - like Jew stereotype: stingey misers

Ghazvinis - Perverts

Rashtis - Stupid/perverts

Lors - Dehati / rednecks / sounds more offensive in Iran than redneck does in America.

Azari - Slow

Tehrani - Sissies (at least that is what we used to think of them in Kermshah)

From this list, it is seen that four of the groups were major players in teh defense of Iran against Russians and Ottomans: Ghazvinis, Lors, Rashtis and of course Azaris.

Are there any others, like for Mashhadis?

I believe the Rashti sterotype is about the wife always sleeping with other men and the husband not caring. It's not much about stupidity.

Shirazi sterotype......hmmm....I can't think of a joke about them, I'm not that great with jokes. But there's a stereotype for them as well as the kurds.

Edited by Behrouz
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:04
ok got the joke now.

what is the stereotype with shiraz people?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 10:18
Back in high school during the Iran hostage crises in the US an Iranian exchange student was in my government class. The discussion one day turned to minorities. As he was standing up in front of the class, he said that in Iran a Turkish joke is common and is similar in perspective as  Polish jokes are in America.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 05:18

By the way, there is no such thing as Farsi culture, at least it is no different from Azari in the towns.  If you want true Farsi and Azaris culture you find the villagers and nomads, they do not have such jokes.

Esfahanis - like Jew stereotype: stingey misers

Ghazvinis - Perverts

Rashtis - Stupid/perverts

Lors - Dehati / rednecks / sounds more offensive in Iran than redneck does in America.

Azari - Slow

Tehrani - Sissies (at least that is what we used to think of them in Kermshah)

From this list, it is seen that four of the groups were major players in teh defense of Iran against Russians and Ottomans: Ghazvinis, Lors, Rashtis and of course Azaris.

Are there any others, like for Mashhadis?

Edited by Zagros
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 05:08

very nice joke!

It is said an Azeri swimmer pulls himself up out of the pool and says "I wonder how the pool tiler could hold his breath for so long!"

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 17:35
Originally posted by prsn41ife

Originally posted by Leonidas

i dont get it

i dont get the joke either.

please explain why he wants to go up a tree?

He makes a stupid decision, becaues there are no trees in the sea, but then when someone questions his judgement, he just yells it louder.  (Becuase hes supposedly both stupid and hot-tempered) .... i think.

Edited by Halevi
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 15:59
yes, I've azari friends &  they always told me newest joke about themselves.
my Ancestor are from Esfahan, but I've never get offended by Esfahani jokes.
these are just for fun

more than 11000 joke here, Enjoy it
http://www.iranmania.com/fun/jokes/
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 13:58

Originally posted by Leonidas

i dont get it

i dont get the joke either.

please explain why he wants to go up a tree?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 13:46

I have a friend who is from Shiraz and he knows lots of jokes about people from Tabrez.  He told me once a joke about  "Khar e Tabrezi" it was about a chicken stealing Mullah.  Dont remember.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 06:40
i dont get it
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 03:22
Heheheh... some of these are actually funny. =)
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 00:37
They say Tehranis are Soosool (=sassy)

anyway. i just heard a new joke: they ask a Azeri if you were swimming in a sea and a shark attacked you, what would you do? he answers "I climb a tree." They say "but there's no tree in the sea?" he says "I HAVE TO, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?"
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 22:42

no i havent heard that. can you translate it?

all i got to say is this:

you know a country is unified, when you can sit a all the different ethnicities together, tell jokes about them, and laugh with no one getting offendent.

its a beautiful thing, something which is lacking in the west.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 22:40

BUT,

outside Tehranis got us Tehranis with the most ultimate comeback of all:

Tehrooni ha eva khaharand!!! u heard that?

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 22:36

albroz, have you hears the rashti joke about the guys nose being pointy?

well i'll say it anyway,

a rashti guy goes to tehran (rashti's tend to have pointy noses).  he meets this guy and starts talking to him. the tehrani asks him if he would like to see a joke, the rashi guy says yes.

so the tehrani guy, puts his hand over a sharp object, and tells the rashti guy to hit his hand. at the last moment, the tehrani pulls his hand away and the rashti hand gets hurt.

so the rashti guys thinks of a way to get the tehrani back, he comes up with an idea! he goes to the tehrani and says, now its my turn to tell you a joke. the rashti guy puts his hand over his knows and says to the tehrani "hit my hand as hard as you can", at the last moment, the rashti guy moves his hand and he gets hit in the face.

the joke is supposed to be about how "stupid" rashti's are.

i apologise to any rashti's that are here, but knowing the iranian tradition, i dont think you really care.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 22:32
Originally posted by Alborz

we've got jokes about Isfahanis too.

no, not because of the jokes.

when i went to iran, i was disgusted at the way tehrani's would pollute (especially shomal, tehrani's have destroyed shomal pratically with all the garbage they throw around!), and stuff like that.

however, isfahan is so clean! isfahani's are very clean and friendly, etc...

and plus, isfahan is a much better city than tehran, and very beautiful.

thats why i wish i was isfahani, im so jealous! why was i born in tehran....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>