Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReality of aggressive nationalism in Chin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reality of aggressive nationalism in Chin
    Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 20:59
deleted by author

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 16:59
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 21:18

deleted by author

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 17:00
jiangweibaoye View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 22:34
Sonagi,

I hate it just as much as you, if not even more.  Words alone cannot describe my disgust with the Chinese stance on this.

You will not get any argument on me about this one.

Jiangwei
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 21:37

Arguements still going? I might come back... but this nationalism debate is somewhat making me very uncomfortable.Pinch

Join us.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 07:22
hey aren't we suppose discuss the issue of nationalism instead of critisizing the Chinese stance in the issie of NK?
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:30
Once again, the the innocent act of beng "Off-topic" can be deadly in the debate. UN is a living proof for that.

Join us.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 22:45
say word
stupidumboy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 12:51
OK so I want to leave my last comment on this thread,
This is my personal opinion so I hope other Korean forumers like cydevil
would not react harsh on my comment.

IMO,mainland Chinese felt a sense of betrayal when they realize  Koreans view on Chinese. 

Its undeniable fact that Chinese usually thought of  good & favor impression   when they remind Korea unlike Japan.
And Chinese expect good impression about them from Koreans.

As internet informations shared by many people and Koreans and Chinese exchangement grows , Chinese found out that general Korean view on them much different from what they belived.  Chinese got frustrated.

So thats why recently more and more Chinese become harsh to  Koreans on the internet. 

High expectation but low result , the disappointment becomes bigger.
This has nothing to do with NE project or government diplomatic strategy.

I am saying something about the feeling between Koreans and Chinese recently.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 15:57
Indeed. I do not have the power to change all Koreans' point of view, but I do believe that past differences between China and Korea should be more tolerant to each other. Personally, I have no problems with any race or nations... I hope you don't as well. Mankind had enough hatred, jealousy and misunderstanding based on race, nationality and religion.

Although China may have some differences that Koreans cannot accept, such as keeping North and South Koreans divided like US are doing, it is vital to understand that China has her own interests, as Koreans having theirs. We have to respect that thier intensions are purely based on their love for their countries. This is the reason why we formed the Concert of Europe, League of Nation, and United Nation. Cooperation is necessary, or we will all die.

I stopped debating in this forum because I did not wanted to point out who's wrong and who's right? Who is the one to judge the justice, when we all our sense of justice. I am not saying that debate should be closed, but I am merely pointing out that we should be more understanding towards each other. Find solution, not conflicts.

Join us.
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 19:08

self-censored

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 08:48
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 19:11
self-censored

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 08:49
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 19:21
Sonaqi, most nations blame foreigners for their ills and historically conflicting points. This is not a uniquely Korean tendency, have a look at the rest of the forum and you will see such views expressed by pretty much every other ethnic group.

Being self critical and accepting responsibility for whatever weakness that invites trouble is only part of the equation, being strong and walking all over the weak is also a responsibility one needs to accept.

Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 23:00

self-censored

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 08:49
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 00:49
Originally posted by Sonagi

Originally posted by Leonidas

Sonaqi, most nations blame foreigners for their ills and historically conflicting points. This is not a uniquely Korean tendency, have a look at the rest of the forum and you will see such views expressed by pretty much every other ethnic group.

Being self critical and accepting responsibility for whatever weakness that invites trouble is only part of the equation, being strong and walking all over the weak is also a responsibility one needs to accept.

Blaming foreigners is not unique to Korea, but it is especially prevalent there.  This thread is about Korean nationalism, and my comment was in reply to a poster who "cursed foreigners." Speaking as someone who has lived in three countries, a nation's worldview is very much shaped by its understanding of history and its perceived place in the world.

Oh, you mean what I posted in the Korean resistance against Japanese Empire? Well, don't take it seriously. It's like when Russian memeber post something like, "Haill to Motherland!".

I must point out that it was indeed US and Soviet Union that separated Korea. After Japanese Empire left, the Communist regime wanted to expand to Korea, since the Cold War began. I am not saying that Communism is evil, it's just that they are foreign intereference. How many tragedies must mankind experience to make everyone understand that foreign intereference does hardly any benefits to the countries? Look at Iraq. How Americans came in and got rid of Hussein and impose democracy. Same goes to Afghanistan. Look at how Russians trying to enforce democracy and try to follow American culture. It doesn't work. It's a big brother policy. The unfortunate countries will not become strong enough to take care of itself because they would be relying on the foreigners. Why do you think Korean industries are dying out. Why do you think Korean language is becoming a mess because of Western influence. The government corruptions, how Korean ministers no longer respect and work hard to improve Korea... but to please the Western world.

Look at North Korea. It's never going to be strong nation as US or other Western nation because their economy and standard of living is next to living in hell. Yes, their military still impresses many of us... but this is back to Soviet Union's economical mistake. Concentrating on military, but not to people. I have nothing against dictatorship, but seriously... Kim Jung Il should be concentrating on North Korea's economy opening trades, proper education and improving farm productions and relations with other nations... instead of pushing all the funds to military. Big brother policy again. I am not saying that China is evil and all... but I sincerely think that Korean disputes must be settled by Koreans, not by foreign powers. Look how Soviet Union and America divided Korea. Koreans who tried unification were arrested.  UN did nothing sort because UN's major decision making seats belonged to America and Soviet Union.

Yes, China, Korea, America and all other nations work for their interest... but from Korea's point of view, I think that the foreign power is indeed ruining our nation. We just pass the agreement that even if Korea unifies, the American troops would stay anyways. You can't expect one nation to get rid of the dictator and just... get out, like in Iraq. Let us handle our affairs, and you do yours.

My outburst again. Sorry for those that are offended. I am tired. I should have worded it better, but you know... it's the end of weekend... and school Dead

Join us.
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 11:04

self-censored

Edited by Sonagi - 11-Feb-2007 at 08:50
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 16:30
Praising one's own country is one thing.  Cursing other countries is another.

So what? Many Middle Eastern say death of Western invaders... and although I don't want all Western troops to be massacred, I feel that they have every right to say it. Seen what American smart bombs did in Gulf War? Those mutated babies... God, no wonder they are pissed at Americans. I would.

Even if the Americans had stayed out of the peninsula, either in 1945 or in 1950, a united, prosperous, and free Korea was never a possibility.

How could you justify this? How do you know that united Korea was never a possibility? Not prosperous, yes. But many Korean loyalists cried for independence. My great great parents died to make this dream a reality. Unlike Spain and other nations suffering from civil war, most of the armed Koreans were from North, since the resistance against Japanese were successful in the North, since Japanese armies were less organized in North due to Chinese resistance... and leader of South Koreans wanted unification, and they at first rejected American influences. They were the first to be arrested. Western world's democracy does not work on every nation. Iraq and Russia is the living proof for that. Leave us alone, I say.

Foreign influence and intervention is always intended to benefit the foreign country.  No one disputes that.  Interventions sometimes brings benefits to the receiving country.

Not always. The excuse for invading into Iraq in the name of democracy and to rid of the weapons of mass destruction is a terrible excuse. Men are selfish, and they will make sure that their country have some benefits. With some exception for missionaries, foreign intervention hardly solves any problems.

Foreign influence and intervention is always intended to benefit the foreign country.  No one disputes that.  Interventions sometimes brings benefits to the receiving country.

Example, evidence please. I can't think of any. And even if you are true... ever heard of the old saying, the good intensions pave the road to hell? Even if America got involve in Korean affairs with noble reasons... they obviosuly didn't do a good job then.

Pekau, I agree that the two Koreas should work out their problems.  I want US troops out of Korea NOW.  US troops remain in Korea because of a bilateral treaty between your democratically elected government and ours.  Nobody is forcing Koreans to host US troops.  It is hypocritical to use US troops to protect yourselves against your northern brothers or China or whoever and then complain about US interference. 

And the truth shall set us free...Sleepy

Join us.
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 17:18

self-censored

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 17:20
Originally posted by Sonagi

Pekau,

This thread is about nationalism in Korea and China.  If you want to talk about the war in Iraq, please go to the appropriate forum.  You cursed the foreigners for your country's problems, and that is why I'm disagreeing with you.

Had the US stayed out, Korea would be united under the Kim Dynasty.  KIS had powerful backing from the Soviet Union and wiped out his rivals in the north with Soviet help.

An example of the benefits of foreign intervention/influence? 

The US funded the entire budget of the South Korean government until the early 1960s, enabling the country to get back on its feet after the Korean War. 

Japan's rule of Asia was brutal, but Japan did build infrastructure such as roads, bridges, and schools to spread modern mass education.  Japan's overthrow of European colonial rule in southeast Asia paved the way for independence at the end of WWII.  Japan did not set out to improve the lives of Asians nor to set them free.  They did, after all, supplant Europe as colonial rulers. 

Reunification and real sovereignty are in the hands of the Korean people.  Get rid of the US military and face North Korea and your neighbors Japan and China yourselves. 

I wish we could, but over corrupted government is too busy appeasing the West. Dead

Join us.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 17:24
And I mentioned Iraq and Russia because it's a perfect example of how the foreign intervention does not solve the problem. I don't need to talk about it in different forum because foreign intervention did not occur just in Korea, but in other parts of the world as well. Talking about Iraq is very related with the Iraq, except we don't have religious zealots blowing up US troops because we both share same religion, or many Koreans have no problem with Christianity. I see no problem of using histories from other parts of the world as example, unless you have some valid reason why my argument is false.

Join us.
Sonagi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 18:28

self-censored

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>