Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 115>
Author
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 06-May-2010 at 06:47
Ah ha an Introduction forum, Im Steve Im 25 from the UK, living in Wales. Ima PhD student who has nothing better to do when Im not writing thesis or papers, so joins history forums.

Im a medievalist though Ive branched out a biut into early modern aswell. Just here to chat about history really, because I enjoy it so much.
Tazjet View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tazjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2010 at 22:18
Hi everyone.

My real name is Simon. I'm old enough that I'd rather count backwards on my birthday.

I love to read about history and current affairs. Often what interests me is the lesser known facts or angles. The reasons behind events that most of us never hear about.

I come online to share what I have discovered and have my theories challenged by others to see if they are valid. The internet preserves all my errors over the years. Often I espouse an idea and then years later discover I was wrong, but forever after my original comments on a topic haunt and contradict me. Testing one's beliefs is important. hence I have given up posting with my real name.

I hope I can add some interest for the people who read my posts and I am happy to correspond with anyone genuinely interested to explore topics further.  
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2010 at 07:19
Wel come  to the new members ! Big smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2010 at 07:21
Hi and welcome to you both.  Tazjet, be consoled by the fact that your not the longest of tooth here.Big smile 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
bcoakes97 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bcoakes97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 17:08
Hey everyone! I am a Freshmen in High School who loves History. I doubt I will know as much as you veterans here but I am very willing to endure your opinions and ideas. I can't wait to see you guys around! :)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 17:15
Ditto on the welcomes!

Regards, and I hope you get as much from this site as you give!

By the way Tazjet, I have now had 24, 39th birth days!

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jun-2010 at 14:57
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
History_Freak1912 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote History_Freak1912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 15:19
Hey there! I was just looking for a new history forum to hang out in and I think I've found the perfect one. :)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 15:41
history Freak 1913, welcome! Please see my few responses seen above/
History_Freak1912 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote History_Freak1912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 16:23

Right.

*Goes to read it*
dave View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 03:10
Hey all!

I've been on a couple of history forums in the past couple of years so I know the script and recognise a couple of members on this board. 

I greatly prefer modern European history over other areas - but will dip into American history, the Renaissance, the Enlightenment, slavery ... if I think I have something to contribute. 
f00d_dynasty View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote f00d_dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 06:01
Hey guys! I'm 16 years old and will be a Junior in high school. I'm of Chinese descent from the United States. I love history and I'm fascinated with cultures from around the world. Right now I'm mostly into Chinese and Altaic culture. I also love to read graphic novels, listen to metal and folk music, and watching historical and foreign movies/dramas. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 10:18

Welcome folks, It sounds like you'll like it here. 

FD- What does Metal Folk Music sound like?                                                                        Big smile

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 18:31
Wintersun
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 14:56
Again my welcome to the site to the new members! Please take the time to read the history of some of this site, especially in those areas in which you have an affinity!

A lot has been posted, and a lot of those posters are no longer members here! But, that does not mean that a lot of the early posters were stupid! Rather "politics" and "greed" seems to have reared their ugly heads sometime in this sites past, and caused a great rift!

So, don't be afraid, I don't bite! At my age I am lucky to have any teeth left!

So, as the Mickey Mouse song said; "Come along and join the club that's made for you and me..!"

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 01-Jul-2010 at 14:57
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 19:34

Salaam aleykum.  I'm Jalal ad-Din Mingburnu ibn Shah Muhammad, Sultan of Khwarezm, and hated enemy of those stinking Mongol Hordes!!!

But not really :P

I've been participating in several history forums for the past year.  I saw "All Empires" mentioned on a couple of them, so I figured I'd come and plague you with my presence Evil Smile
Isis View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Isis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2010 at 08:06
Greetings, everyone!

My name is Donna, I'm a history graduate from the UK. I have a Masters degree in counter-terrorism research and my day job is as a librarian.

Favourite periods/places in history would be Tudor period, the Renaissance, communist Russia and Ancient Rome.

Looking forward to getting to know you allSmile
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2010 at 08:46
Greetings Jalal and Donna!

Have fun!
quicksilvermsngr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote quicksilvermsngr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2010 at 12:29
Hi I am Donna

I am interested in Old Arabic script............thought this was a good place to start.
I love history.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2010 at 12:49
Well hello and welcome Donna deux! The other Donna, as you can see above, is from the UK! You are merely "far, far away!" Are you also from the past?

Have fun, and good hunting!
onlywondering View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote onlywondering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2010 at 12:47
Hi, this looks like it could be a great place to learn something. I've always been sort of interested in all human history. Over the past couple years i've finished the whole catholic bible canon, 'Aztec' by gary jennings, the complete edition of the english dead sea scrolls translations by Geza vermes,  and I've just completed 'Voices of a people's history of the United states' by howard zinn. I hope to continue learning about anything I can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 115>