Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uyghur culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghur culture
    Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 14:56

this gut aryan uygur hates chinese people so much that he refuses to be mongoloid(like chinese people) dude get over it if any of your uigur friends knew or family you would get your asskicked

btw I verry much doubt that your realy are who you say you are.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 08:20
Originally posted by uyghur-aryan

uyghurs are more caucasoid than uzbek,kazak or kirghiz.
Uyghurs have nothing to do with Mongols in origin.
only mixed each other later periods.

juda ham aqlli ekansizmi?Balki eng buyuk madaniyat sohibidursiz?

where did you get this staff?Uyghurs are more caucaoid than Uzbeks?????
maybe you saw some kazakh who calls himself as uzbek.

You are from China, your lagman is chineese. why you are not accepting this.?

there are plenty of uyghurs in Uzbekistan. Thanks to uzbeks your mongoloid face and eyes became a bit beautiful.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE MY POSTS. WHY YOU ARE DELETING MY POSTS?
WHAT WRONG IF I SAY MONGOLS DESTROYED EVERYWHERE?THAT IS FACT!!!

...i dont need this...
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 11:49
Originally posted by cliveersknell

I just visited Xinjiang last May, and went to Karamai,
Turfan, Urumqi, and Khashgar. Elegant place, very pretty
women (Uighurs primarily). I visited an oil refinery in Karamai, and saw many Uighur engineers and technicians working there. When I landed in Urumqi from Xian, there were numerous Uighur ground crew technicians and a new maintenance center set up by Lufthansa .
There are many germans and austrians in Xinjiang, Volkswagen has a big dual tech training center with money from the Hans Seidel foundation based in Bremen.
Many Uighurs are undergoing training in:
a. pneumatics
b. electromechanics
c. precision tooling
d. computer programming
to name a few from a long long list.
Many Uighurs are studying German and there is plan for a
Goethe Institut to open in Urumqi.
I was extremely impressed by what I saw, everyone is on the move and xtremely busy, no time for politics or loose talk.
In big cities like Urumqi , there is a growing language which combines Mandarin and Uighur, quite interesting.
Many freeways are under construction linking big cities with smaller towns like Khashgar. Even in Khashgar , people are on the move . Many Uighurs live much better than their Han brothers. Most of the upper class in Xinjiang are Uighur businessmen who made a killing in the trade with Kazakhstan, Kirghiztan , Tajikstan etc.
There are many poor among the Uighurs in smaller towns , but also among Han migrants.
The picture I saw was quite different than what I expected.
r's
Clive

Great that you had pleasant visit there. If you want to get full understanding of the situation you should live there, not just a visit.

I said in my post, that you can't almost see any Uyghur face in the newly build oil refinary factories there. (I meant Tarim, Turpan-Qumul).

Qaramay, as an Oil city, was built 50 years ago. after it was firstly discovered by an uyghur man, there were only Uyghur and Russian engineers and workers. I tell you one fact, my grand uncle was one of them, in the 80's, his salery was the highest among all the workers together with only some 200 people, who are mainly Uyghurs as the founderers of the field.  Still this city was heavely populated by Han Chinese, go to the people's square, then you will see.

You are right, there were economic boom. Uyghurs are not passive people, they can't find jobs in Chinese companies, so they started to learn foreign languages and trying to find jobs in foreign companies. They are doing great. Outside of the region, there are also a lot of Uyghurs who are working for the foreign companies. I'm glad there are more and more foreign companies investing in this region, the bosses will never regret for their emploiment of the Uyghur people.

As for the Uyghur middle class, Uyghurs are really good in buiness, they are very active in central asia. The problem is that they are not dare to invest in Uyghur region, as the business is very complicated. It's very difficult for them to get loan from the bank, they can't compete with Chinese companies as these companies have all the relations with the goventment, and the government is the decision maker.

Do you want me to tell you more? Ask me then.

Either make a history or become a history.
cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 00:14
Why are Uighur women very pretty?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:29
cliversknell, stop your trolling! Your last two posts in this thread interrupt the flow of conversation with such questions above.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:56
Indeed, this tread always tends to be diverted. Time after time, political discussions were raised either by Chinese or Turkic friends.

For Chinese friends: We Uyghurs are not crying out here to say how miserable our life. So don't act like an innocent party and try to back bite without solid proof. You can never win, as the justice is in our side.

For Uyghur and Turkic friends: It is not our custom to get other people's sympathy. So please stop blaming. We can only solve our problem by our own effort, with real action, and we will.

As for the original topic, I'd like to draw your attention to a very important cultural contribution of Uyghur people, which isn't very well known.

Mordern printing is considered to be invented by Guttenberg? in the 14th? century. And Chinese claim that they have records to show their ancestors invented it first in the history, while failing to show any objective proof. Dr. Yasin Hushur from Chinese Academy of Social Sciences did research work for a ong time on the printing letter wood sticks in Ancient Uyghur script. These objects were taken to the German museum by Lecock? from Dunhuang caves, and belong to early 9th century?. I've forgotten all these details, after the personal talk with Dr. Hushur. Anyway, this was first mordern printing objects to date. Dr. Hushur also told us that he was so much surprised to find how smart our ancestors that they made many special works to make printing very effective, rather than just the combinations of the letters. I'd be great if some other guys here can share some of their knowledge in this aspect.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 14:38
For Uyghur and Turkic friends: It is not our custom to get other people's sympathy. So please stop blaming. We can only solve our problem by our own effort, with real action, and we will.

what other people? I think the other turkic countries well don't owe the uigurs but still something.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 13:56
i dont hate chinese as xitujue said.
i respect them.i have many chinese firends,how can i hate them?
i Love them.dont distort my ideas.
i wrote chinese in my passport cause there is not uyghur in the list.
even this doesnt make me han chinese,it only makes me a chinese citizen.
to sevdogar:
i didnt like to reply you at first.but i think it is very urgent to reply.
laghan is chinese word.thats true.but does that word makes uyghurs chinese or mongoloids?is there no loan words in uzbek?does russian words in uzbek makes the uzbeks russian?
i know,you know us well.and dont forget, we know you well too.
even though,i respect you too.my parents taught me like that.
come to shanghai,beijing and other parts of china and ask chinese people what the uyghurs look like.they will tell you.
best regards,

Edited by uyghur-aryan - 03-Sep-2006 at 10:38
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 15:43

i dont hate chinese as xitujue said.
i respect them.i have many chinese firends,how can i hate them?
i Love them.dont torture my ideas.
i wrote chinese in my passport cause there is not uyghur in the list.
even this doesnt make me han chinese,it only makes me a chinese citizen.
to sevdogar:
i didnt like to reply you at first.but i think it is very urgent to reply.
laghan is chinese word.thats true.but does that word makes uyghurs chinese or mongoloids?is there no loan words in uzbek?does russian words in uzbek makes the uzbeks russian?
i know,you know us well.and dont forget, we know you well too.
even though,i respect you too.my parents taught me like that.
come to shanghai,beijing and other parts of china and ask chinese people what the uyghurs look loke.they will tell you.
best regards,

you are one of the few than feramaez is currently in turkestan I asked him and it is just as we think it is igurs don' like the chinese(more as in the goverment)

so its realy hard for me to believe
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2006 at 12:45
Originally posted by xi_tujue

what other people? I think the other turkic countries well don't owe the uigurs but still something.

I didn't understand your English properly. What do you mean? Is it related to Uyghur culture?

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 13:23
Turkeys turks are originaly from the same tribes as are the turkmens azeris. so they owe them if you can get help from your own "tribe" than who will you don't ask help from a strangers just a tribesmen a brother who you haven't seen for a while(1200 or 1500 years)

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 15:41
Azeris are ethnically quite different from Turkmens. Do Azeris have any of the 9 Oghuz tribes (or let's say 24, with subdivisions)? Could you please name a few?
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Forgotten View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Forgotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 20:39

women (Uighurs primarily). I visited an oil refinery in Karamai, and saw many Uighur engineers and technicians working there. When I landed in Urumqi from Xian, there were numerous Uighur ground crew technicians and a new maintenance center set up by Lufthansa .
There are many germans and austrians in Xinjiang, Volkswagen has a big dual tech training center with money from the Hans Seidel foundation based in Bremen.
a. pneumatics
b. electromechanics
c. precision tooling
d. computer programming
I was extremely impressed by what I saw, everyone is on the move and xtremely busy, no time for politics or loose talk.
In big cities like Urumqi , there is a growing language which combines Mandarin and Uighur, quite interesting.
Many freeways are under construction linking big cities with smaller towns like Khashgar. Even in Khashgar , people are on the move . Many Uighurs live much better than their Han brothers. Most of the upper class in Xinjiang are Uighur businessmen who made a killing in the trade with Kazakhstan, Kirghiztan , Tajikstan etc.
There are many poor among the Uighurs in smaller towns , but also among Han migrants.
r's
Clive

uyghurs are not the brothers of hans and they will never be , i just wants to remind you that you went to eastern turkistan the lands of the uyghurs turks , the terrorist chiense government are building the cities from the sources of the uyghurs land not from thier own money !

american chinese ?

Forgotten View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Forgotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 20:44
Originally posted by Savdogar

uyghurs are more caucasoid than uzbek,kazak or kirghiz.
Uyghurs have nothing to do with Mongols in origin.
only mixed each other later periods.

juda ham aqlli ekansizmi?Balki eng buyuk madaniyat sohibidursiz?

where did you get this staff?Uyghurs are more caucaoid than Uzbeks?????
maybe you saw some kazakh who calls himself as uzbek.

You are from China, your lagman is chineese. why you are not accepting this.?

there are plenty of uyghurs in Uzbekistan. Thanks to uzbeks your mongoloid face and eyes became a bit beautiful.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE MY POSTS. WHY YOU ARE DELETING MY POSTS?
WHAT WRONG IF I SAY MONGOLS DESTROYED EVERYWHERE?THAT IS FACT!!!

you should be ashamed of what you have said to your TURKIC uyghurs brother you "Russian Worsheper" , dont forget that uzbeks are originally uyghurs you idiot ! should we say thanks to the russians who changed your uzbek face to what is it now ?!

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 04:45

a. pneumatics
b. electromechanics
c. precision tooling
d. computer programming
r's
Clive
What bullsh*t this is!!  I have visited here for 3weeks 2yrs. ago and now am living here for 2yrs. you see none of this here.  Uygurs and Han are not brothers, not even friends.  It's true many Uygurs are training in these fields you mentioned but come here and see what happens to them after they graduate.  Most will not go on to work in these fields.  These companies want to hire only Chinese and they are very open about it.  Maybe not even 1% of the employees for oil companies are Uygurs, the Han are stealin oil from this land and wont even let the Uygurs make money off it.  Another thing you were right about was the beautiful women.  Other than that you're talking bullsh*t.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 04:47
Originally posted by Forgotten

a. pneumatics
b. electromechanics
c. precision tooling
d. computer programming
r's
Clive

uyghurs are not the brothers of hans and they will never be , i just wants to remind you that you went to eastern turkistan the lands of the uyghurs turks , the terrorist chiense government are building the cities from the sources of the uyghurs land not from thier own money !

american chinese ?

Oh yea, the city I live in, Karamay, only exists through the oil money the city makes.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TRK DNYASI Forum, join today.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 08:41

Turkeys turks are originaly from the same tribes as are the turkmens azeris. so they owe them if you can get help from your own "tribe" than who will you don't ask help from a strangers just a tribesmen a brother who you haven't seen for a while(1200 or 1500 years)

How can you help us my dear? Look at Uzbekistan, Qazaqistan and Qirghizistan, what are they doing to Uyghur people there? Look at Turkey. Uyghurs have to wait several months to get the Turkish visa, while Chinese can get in a week.

I know all these governments are doing against the willing of our Turkic brothers in their respective countries. But I wonder what common people can do?

We really don't need your help. We know well the political games in the world. What we hope is not to do harm anymore. It really hurts bad when you are treated by your own brothers this way.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 08:50
Originally posted by Feramez

What bullsh*t this is!! I have visited here for 3weeks 2yrs. ago and now am living here for 2yrs. you see none of this here. Uygurs and Han are not brothers, not even friends. It's true many Uygurs are training in these fields you mentioned but come here and see what happens to them after they graduate. Most will not go on to work in these fields. These companies want to hire only Chinese and they are very open about it. Maybe not even 1% of the employees for oil companies are Uygurs, the Han are stealin oil from this land and wont even let the Uygurs make money off it. Another thing you were right about was the beautiful women. Other than that you're talking bullsh*t.

I think we should come back to the topic.

What really upsets me and many of my friends is not the oil or the other things that have been taken from this region. It doen't matter if we live in poverty. What we are loosing is our culture and dignity, which is really hard to accept. The notion of power and money as the decider of everything from the Chinese culture is slowly spreading among the Uyghur people.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 13:48
Originally posted by barbar

Turkeys turks are originaly from the same tribes as are the turkmens azeris. so they owe them if you can get help from your own "tribe" than who will you don't ask help from a strangers just a tribesmen a brother who you haven't seen for a while(1200 or 1500 years)

How can you help us my dear? Look at Uzbekistan, Qazaqistan and Qirghizistan, what are they doing to Uyghur people there? Look at Turkey. Uyghurs have to wait several months to get the Turkish visa, while Chinese can get in a week.

I know all these governments are doing against the willing of our Turkic brothers in their respective countries. But I wonder what common people can do?

We really don't need your help. We know well the political games in the world. What we hope is not to do harm anymore. It really hurts bad when you are treated by your own brothers this way.

hearing your words realy hurts me but that doesn't make them less true. For now it is like this we can only hope no we need to do more than just hope 
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 14:35
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Azeris are ethnically quite different from Turkmens. Do Azeris have any of the 9 Oghuz tribes (or let's say 24, with subdivisions)? Could you please name a few?
It is confirmed by Anatolian Turkish sources that Today Azerbaijani Turkish population is a mixture of Turkmen tribes deported by Ottomans . They who  were deported from Eastern Anatolia to Azerbaijan just because of that they were Shiite/Alavite. Instead Sunnite Kurds were invited to Anatolia and replaced Turkmens.
Also it is recored that among those who were deported to Azerbaijan , there were Bayat,  Avshar, Salur, Teke , Chapni  and some Bozulus and Karaulus Turkmens. Neither in Turkey nor Azerbaijan tribal confederations can be maintained due to settlement and mixing with local populations. But some remnants of these confederacies can still be found, although the vast majority of Turks in Turkey or Azerbaijan do not know which tribal confederation they belong to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>