Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being Muslim the Bosniak Way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being Muslim the Bosniak Way
    Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 18:09
http://www.seprin.com/laden/barbaros.html

Does anyone know whatever became of the thousands (I believe there were as many as 6,000) of foreign Islamic fighters who fought in Bosnia? They were lead by "Abu Abdel Aziz" - I think he was either Pakistani or Indian Muslim.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 07:50
Originally posted by Zmaj

Gorani speak Serbian and specifically Torlakian dialect...

You wish...

Some sources about the gorani muslim bulgarians:

http://www.answers.com/topic/gorani - in english

http://www.aimpress.ch/dyn/pubs/archive/data/200206/20619-00 1-pubs-sko.htm - in "macedonian"

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery;jsessionid=2fdgpnp692j2c ?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Gora+%28region%29&curt ab=2222_1&sbid=lc02a&linktext=Gora  - short, in english about Gora

http://www.viaggiareibalcani.org/kossovo/gorani.htm - in italian

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Gorani_(Kosovo) - in english

http://www.osservatoriobalcani.org/article/articleview/3281/ 1/43/ - in italian

http://p083.ezboard.com/fbalkansfrm34.showMessage?topicID=32 .topic - a forum in english

http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goranci_(narod) - in Croatian Wikipedia - " U enskoj goranskoj nonji postoji slinost s nonjom kod bugarskih Pomaka, to su tradicionalne duge crne jakne, ukraene zlatnim vezom."

http://www.kosovakosovo.com/forum/reactions.php?id=2066 - read this: "mije sme GORANCI i samo GORANCI ni sme ni srbi ni albanci ni turci, we are GORANI, WELCOME TO GORA, bidi samo svoj goranac, ostaj kucica neka lajet, srbi i albanci ZIVIO ZELENA GORA"

http://www.start-press.com/arhiva/12/25/RG-07-20051225.asp - Goranci postali Bugari! 

http://www.geocities.com/gorani_bg/index.htm - in bulgarian

A map of the distribution of the gorani bulgarian muslims. But there are a few more gorani villages is the southern part of Prizren district in Kossovo, near to the macedonian border.

http://www.geocities.com/gorani_bg/Statii.htm - few links in bulgarian

http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD% D1%86%D0%B8 - in bulgarian

http://wikisource.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%89%D0%B8_%D 1%81_%D0%B1%D1%8A%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5_ %D0%B2_%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0_%D0%B8_%D0%96%D1%83%D0%BF%D0 %B0 - in bulgarian

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 17:03
Bosnia is not a Muslim nation. Look; this is a 2005 census.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 21:51
Bosnia-Herzegovina is a Muslim majority country and enjoys "observer status" in the OIC (Organization of the Islamic Conference - previously known as Organization of Islamic Countries).

It's a Muslim nation in the same fashion that Serbia is an Orthodox Christian country and Croatia is Roman Catholic country.
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 22:48
Cia said back in 2000, Bosniaks are 48% of population.But im willing to put money behind my words, but only if we play 10''1

I put 100$ and if you are that so convinced, and wanna play,you put 1000$

And if you win, you have my money, but if i win?

Well, again im pretty much sure, Bosniaks are adlist 52% ,perhaps even 55% in Bosnia now.

Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2006 at 22:52
Charlemagnem you sleeping muc, or you just good at surfing over wikipedia?

Mostly Goranis declare themself as Bosniaks, some 50% mainly in southern part, and especially villages of Restelica

There are three political parties in Gora

Gig(Gradanska incijativa Gore) Citizen initiative of Gora, based in Belgrade, and most do declare themself as Serb, only they always get less then 10% In Gora, and those votes they get are from people living outside Gora, mainly Belgrade

Sda Kosova was populat party, but it was replaces by coalition Vakat

Lot of Goranis would say they are Goranis

Only handfull and if that much wil declare themself as Bulgarian or Macedonian

Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 12:08
Id just like to say to Mila that it was an informative and wonderful thread you have posted. In high school, I had a Bosnian friend from Mostar, she was one of the nicest people I've known duriing my time in high school.

One thing I'd like to know is how in the world do u people have the nicest looking girls!!! Its not fair!!!

God knows best...Tongue

Of the Bosnians I've met so far, they've all been nice, tolerant and humble...and bubbly.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 05:26

in Turkey around 500,000 of direct Albanian ancestry

You must be kidding my friend. Lets say 50,000. Not more.

I must also say something about bosniak population in Turkey. Believe me that more than 5 million Bosniak origined ppl live here. Most of them in Izmir are from Montenegro!!!(notless then 300,000).

Very few of them cannot even speak Turkish. Most of the rest speaks both Bosnacki and Turkish. Most of the young population just speak Turkish, knows a few words Bosnacki.

Some of them, like other ethnic groups in Turkey, still lives their culture from Bosnia. Meals, weddings, language a little etc.

I saw Hedo's name in previous pages. Hidayet Turkoglu speaks Bosnacki better then Turkish. ;)

A note for Mila : Being muslim the Bosniak way is very similar to being Muslim the Turkish way. Being Muslim gives you the chance to live it in your own way.

All the best

Edited by Bzkplk - 01-Sep-2006 at 05:28
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 11:26
Originally posted by Bzkplk

in Turkey around 500,000 of direct Albanian ancestry

You must be kidding my friend. Lets say 50,000. Not more.

I must also say something about bosniak population in Turkey. Believe me that more than 5 million Bosniak origined ppl live here. Most of them in Izmir are from Montenegro!!!(notless then 300,000).

Very few of them cannot even speak Turkish. Most of the rest speaks both Bosnacki and Turkish. Most of the young population just speak Turkish, knows a few words Bosnacki.

Some of them, like other ethnic groups in Turkey, still lives their culture from Bosnia. Meals, weddings, language a little etc.

I saw Hedo's name in previous pages. Hidayet Turkoglu speaks Bosnacki better then Turkish. ;)

A note for Mila : Being muslim the Bosniak way is very similar to being Muslim the Turkish way. Being Muslim gives you the chance to live it in your own way.

All the best

Hey why dont you check what is the language that Ermal Kuqo (Kurtoglu) speaks the best? He is playing for your national basket team actually. And check also what Mehmet Akif spoke the best (he wrote the national anthem of turkey). And take a look also at Semsedin Sami (the first encyclopedian in turkey, and the first to write a modern dictionary turkish-arabic-french-english-italian). Just to understand how many albanians do you have there, have a look at the official censuses of the last years. Or go to istambul and buy a map of the city, arnavutkoy and many other places bear the name of albanian...anyway, this is not a competition, of course there are many bosnians in turkey.
Prej heshtjes...!
GoldenBlood View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote GoldenBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 16:18
Bzkplk what you know about Albanians from Turkey you? lool how can be bosniaks much Albanians? loool  ...I have been much time in turkey and I meet much Albanians here...

In Turkey live 5.000.000 (5 milions) Albanians but majority dont know Albanian language...and bosniaks can't be about over 1 milions (but 900.000 of them dont know bosniak language)

And in IZmir from montenegro those are Albanian ethnic (Malesors)...Izmir have much Albanians...you have in turkey villages than Albanians spoke clean albanian language even children they dont know turkish language...

Those Albanians migradet from Kosova, Albania, Fyrom Macedonia, Montenegro, Chameria, Lugina e Presheves, Sanxhak and Region of Nish.....

those Albanians live in BajramPasha, ZeytinBurnu (and others Kent of Istanbul), Bursa have huge Albanians, Izmir, Ankara, Terkidag, BuyukCekmece, Tokat, Samsun ect.

you can visit albanians from turkey sites http://www.arnavutum.com   (why bosniaks dont have sites? because are small bosniaks)

I know much great personalitetes in Turkey that have albanian roots.

Edited by GoldenBlood - 01-Sep-2006 at 16:23
Kosova dhe Ilirida, pjese te Dardanise
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 13:27
Originally posted by violentjack

I put 100$ and if you are that so convinced, and wanna play,you put 1000$

And if you win, you have my money, but if i win?

I thought muslims dont gamble?
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:36
Well, we dont eat pork.

So, if you betting pork, i wont play.Big smile
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 04:35

Lol, in my country Malaysia, there are secret crypto-Pork eaters in the kampung (village) areas where Malays indulge in sacrilecious pork meat.

Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 05:18
Big smile
Pozdravi , Sister Mila ...
And it is a wonderful thread and i was about to cry when i saw my fatherlands .

2nd Photo actually shows the Christian vandalism in Musliman lands . Moreover , there shown a man who prays next to the collapsed minaret ...

SUCUR ALLAHU ...

( Btw , one of your photo really annoyed me . What is the reason of your fabricated photo where YOU KISS MILOSEVIC , the Butcher ?

HVALA , NAJBOLJE ...

I'm Markovic of Kastel Stari . ( We 're migrated to Turkiye from Poland in 1986 )
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Endorphin View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Endorphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 16:47
Excellent post with excellent pictures.

I have the pleasure of calling a few Bosnian Muslims my good friends...

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 20:58
Kastel Stari is near Split Croatia!

You sure you from Poland?

Shocked
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 02:35
There is no "bosnian" way of Islam. When one enters into Islam (pure submission to the will of God) it means they leave behind their pre-Islamic tendancies and align their wishes with the commands of their Lord. As is stated by Muhammad (pbuh) in his famous hadith:

"None of you truly believe until their desires are in total accordance with what I have brought (ie. the Islamic message)."

Showing pictures of women in bikinis and men dancing half naked with women really isn't a portrayal of Islam (on the Bosnian way or any other way) it is in fact a portrayal of their lack of Islam.

Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2006 at 03:59

If you leave ur pre-Islamic culture, what culture do you have then? Islamic culture? And what is Islamic Culture? Does it represent Arabic norms and instiutions integrated into the religion like the Kaabah for instance, or circumcision?

This is not an antagonistic culture, most religions represent a cultural heritage aligned to partiocular cultures. It seems Islam is strongly Arabic (not that theres anything wrong with that) as the Quran is evident of the Pre-Islamic love of poetry and the spoken word.

Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 15:00
Nestorian,

Your assumptions are false. The language of Islamic Culture is Arabic, yes, but to suggest Islamic Culture is just Arabic Culture is wrong. The first Muslims had to reject and leave behind their Arabic Culture in order to adopt Islamic Culture. As they were mostly Arabs, Islamic Culture therefore came to be synonymous with Arabic Culture (ie. Their new Islamic Culture is what came to be regarded as Arabic Culture).

If you are speaking about practises such as pilgrimage to the Kaa'abah, we believe this to be a practise from the time of Ibrahim (Abraham pbuh), and I wouldn't call it an intrinsically Arabic practise, pilgrimage is a religious act which is not peculiar to any one culture.

As for circumcision, again, not necessarily Arabic, perhaps Semitic? Either way, we still consider it an act of religious devotion and not an act of "Arabism", again this is a practise we take from the Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh).

Arabic Culture was based around idol worship and strict tribal system, which is completely alien to Islamic Culture.

Edited by Qutuz - 27-Oct-2006 at 15:02
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 21:36
Ahhh, Mila, thanks for posting this thread!  I went to BiH for a few weeks earlier this year and it made a great impression on me, I really want to go back!
<3sarajevo

As for the pages of arguments about demographics, come on guys.. just let people live how they want, stop trying to work the numbers to prove a point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>