Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

India Part of Greater Middle East?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: India Part of Greater Middle East?
    Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 15:20
you guys are all wrong some what. Firstly punjabis only make up 50% of pakistans population not 75% as some one mentioned. 25% of pakistanis are Pashtuns and Baluchis, who are definatly more central asian/persian then being south asian. The other thing is no all of subcontinent is not related. The only places that are related are pakistani punjab/indian punjab, sindh/rajishatan. Other then that when people say Pakistan is related to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka, they are totally wrong. I am not saying pakistan is middle eastern or central asian, but it has strong elements from all regions, so pakistan is neither fully south asian, neither it is fully central asian or middle eastern. it is a mix bag of all populations.

Edited by pak12 - 10-Jan-2008 at 15:22
Conservative View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Conservative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 20:11
I agree with Suren, andrew and Al Jassas.

Pakistanis are no way Middle Eastern. Their people and cultures have next to nothing in common with either Iranians, Arabs or Turks from what i have seen. The overwhelming majority of Pakistanis are definitely culturally and ethnically related to all of the other South Asian countries like India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh. Afterall that country only came into existence so that the majority Muslim regions of India could govern themselves as a Muslim state (which is why Pakistan used to have an East and West part). I've seen a few documentaries about how and why the British divided India and Pakistan's founder himself said that Pakistan was to be a homeland for the Indian Muslims.

As for the comment about Baluch and Pashtuns i checked online about their demographics in that country and not even 4% of Pakistan's population is Baluch and just 14% to 15% is Pashtun. The rest (over 80% of Pakistanis) is all Indic/Indo peoples that belong to the same civilization and cultural sphere as India, Bangladesh etc

I really don't know why Pakistani people always deny this over the internet and pretend that they are Middle Eastern or "Central Asian" when they're not. Seriously, have you people ever in your lives seen an Ozbek or Kazakh or a Turkoman before? There is absolutely no resemblance at all between Central Asian peoples and Pakistanis either in their physical looks or their languages, cultures or customs. Even Afghans who border Pakistan look very different from the typical Pakistani. And coming to Middle Eastern countries let me tell you that Pakistanis definitely do not share any culture or civilization with Iranians and neither are you related to the Arabs. But you have so much in common with Indians that i find it really bizarre you try to deny it.

No way is Pakistan a "mixed bag" of "three different regions". It is a clearly South Asian country with a minority Baluch and Afghan community living on its periphery.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 20:26
Have you ever visted Pakistan? And why the obsession with looks? And yes I have seen a lot of Uzbeks and Tajiks, my neighbours for one. Finally, with all due respect; why all the pride, being Mid Eastern or C Asian is no big deal, niether is being S Asian or any other ethnicity for that matter.

Incidentally in your last post you showed your ignorance. You obviously read the provincial figures, well upto 40% of Sindh is ethnic Baloch, most of Punjabs districts on the Indus are Pashtun, and you forgot about Kashmirs, Gilgitis and Farsiwans.

Finally kindly tell me what exactly do say Punjabis (Pakistani mostly) have in common with say Tamils? Or Garwalis, or Marhata. Or the last three with each other.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 01:08
Punjabis and Sindhis are related to north indians, not bengalis or sri lankans as some people are suggesting. By north indian i mean people from indian punjab, kashmir and rajishtan area. Other then that people from south india, sri lanka and bengal are very different. People are really being ignorant here in a sense that they think pakistani and sri lankan are the same thing. How would you like if i say a Sudani and Iraqi are the same thing? ofcourse that is not true.

Edited by idli - 11-Jan-2008 at 01:12
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 01:12
but i agree 80% of pakistanis are indeed south asian. The rest 20% Pashtuns and Baluchis are afghans. If Afghanistan is considered central asian then they are central asian.

Edited by idli - 11-Jan-2008 at 01:13
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 06:08
^
Arash again.
Get a life moron.

Edited by Sparten - 11-Jan-2008 at 06:09
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 08:07
                 Indian, Pakistan and Afghanistan certainly cannot be called part of the greater middle east. Reason, middle east is, or, was semitic whereas Pakistan, Afghanistan and India like, the ancient Romans who ruled over all of middle east that was really worth ruling,  ancient Greeks which also ruled over all of middle east that worth ruling, the Ancient Hittites who also ruled over a large part of middle east and had the wonderful Egyptians of Andrews ducking for cover, the Ancient Mittanis which also ruled over a crucial part of middle east, and various other Indo-Aryan of the middle east from about 1500 B.C, the Ancient Persians which also ruled over all of middle east, Scythians who also ruled over most of Central Asia, the Ancient Indians the most prosperous region in the world for all of history, are indeed Aryans.
           Hah! take that you Arab chauvinists. 
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 08:22
Pakistan is nominally an Indian nation. India representing the South Asian cultural axis.

However, notice Pakistan is in the center of 3 great civilizations: Iran, Hindustan, China. And Pakistanis are mostly Indian Muslims + Turkoman Central Asians + Iranian type in the Western fringes.
Mughal e Azam
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 08:35
This is a map of South Asia.

India is a continent, Bharat is a concept of nationhood.
Greater India includes the following nations and societies: Pakistan-India-Bangladesh-Sri Lanka-Nepal-Myanmar and arguably Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand.
Mughal e Azam
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 18:29

Over All Pakistanis are a very mixed people because all the invaders who came from Khyber pass came and settled in Pakistani region

Edited by saba - 02-Mar-2008 at 18:32
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 18:30

as for pakistan being Middle eastern, no its not. But it has defenatly a large population which is central asian (Pashtuns) which make up 30% of Pakistan.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 18:31
Originally posted by Mughaal

Pakistan is nominally an Indian nation. India representing the South Asian cultural axis.

However, notice Pakistan is in the center of 3 great civilizations: Iran, Hindustan, China. And Pakistanis are mostly Indian Muslims + Turkoman Central Asians + Iranian type in the Western fringes.

30% of pakistanis are pashtuns, how are they Indian muslims? they had nothing to do with india. The rest Punjabis and Sindhis are mixed races, even the indian punjabis, Rajishtanis are mixed races because these lands are where all the invaders came in and settled. There was never such thing as greater Bharat, it is only a modern concept that Hindu fundemetalist came up with. yes this region was hindu but that doesn't mean they were the same. Its like calling all of you Europe same, which its clearly not
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 23:26
Originally posted by saba

30% of pakistanis are pashtuns, how are they Indian muslims? they had nothing to do with india. The rest Punjabis and Sindhis are mixed races, even the indian punjabis, Rajishtanis are mixed races because these lands are where all the invaders came in and settled. There was never such thing as greater Bharat, it is only a modern concept that Hindu fundemetalist came up with. yes this region was hindu but that doesn't mean they were the same. Its like calling all of you Europe same, which its clearly not
          Pakhtuns have their origins in the suleman mountains where they are mentioned as the mountain tribe of Pactiyan by Herodotus and hence they are South Asian and Pakistanis. and about Pakistani's being very mixed well who isn't and who hasn't had invaders but this region actually stood up better to invaders than other regions such as Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt etc and was independent for much more time than those regions. Sure the peple of this region had more foreign influence than say Australian Aboriginals but also  this region was the most populace in the world and was able to absorb invaders much more. The people of Punjab are almost the same as the people of Harappa and people of Sindh are almost the same as the people of Mohenjodaro. Everyone had a lot of mixing but this region had a lot less than soem of the other regions of the world especially compared to the middle east.          

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 23:47
^ Pashtuns origins are unknown, there culture is much more central asian then Indian and they make 30% of Pakistans population. And I disagree not all people in the subcontinent are that mixed, The present day Pakistan region and present day western India like (Rajhistan, Punjab, Haryana etc..) are much more mixed then lets say bengal or Tamil Nadu.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 00:14

I don't find so wild the idea of linking India with a theoretical "Great Middle East".

After all, ever since Sumer it is known contacts existed between Mesopotamia and India. It is also well known that Ancient Persia and India also had a narrow relashionship.

Let's say at least that all these people know each other from a very long time ago.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 00:24
So are Greeks Indians too?
Mughal e Azam
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 00:28
Indians attacked Greece as troops in the Persian army. Greeks lived in India after Alexander. There is even a style of art called Greek-Budhist. Aryhabatta, the mathematician, knew and used Greek mathematics fully.

So, I guess they also knew each other quite well, at least for a while.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 01:17
Conservative
The overwhelming majority of Pakistanis are definitely culturally and ethnically related to all of the other South Asian countries like India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.

I'm sorry but this comment is on parallel with an American saying

American:  "Hey hows life in Arabia"

Persian: "I'm actually from Iran"

American: "Well its all the same thing, your all Arabs, speak Arabic"

Persian: "Actually I'm not an Arab and my mothertongue is Farsi"

American: "Persian or whatever your all Arabs man whats the difference..."

Do you know any Sri Lankans? please explain the similarities between them and Pakistanis, actually please go into the similarities they have with Indian Punjabis.

India itself is so diverse, ethnically, religously, linguistically, how can one speak of India as a monoethnic/linguistic/cultural block.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 01:31

So are Greeks Indians too?

no why would you say that?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2008 at 01:33

Pakistanis share as much as Afghanistan as they do with northern india.

Edited by saba - 03-Mar-2008 at 01:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>