Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Diversity
    Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 15:47
I agree with you, Cyrus. Azerbaijan has adhered to the same region for centuries, and the only smidgen of a difference has been the Soviet influence for the past 70 years in the northern region, otherwise ethnic wise, nothing has really changed.
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 15:51
I think what would help is if somebody could post ancient maps of Azerbaijan to see the recollection of ethnic groups inhabiting certain regions. I've been trying to find some, but they are very complicated to read, and are not in the english language. 
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 15:57
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

Originally posted by Molokane

If this ethnic group is dispersed among Iran, why are these so called Oghuz/Azeri Turks portraying Semitic phenotypes (coarse curly hair, bushy eyebrows, hooked noses, dark eyes, long eye lashes) seemingly 40% of Iran's population?

Really? What is next? African? And Oghuz Turks being Nordic/European? LOL

In Iran Azerbaijani Turks were/are known for being "white" (or whatever you call it) throughout the history, like Circassians among Arabs. Of course that may not be the case with Persian "aryanist" supermachists who reside outside of Iran.

Oghuz Turks were never Mongoloid and this European/Nordic theory must be the craziest thing ever.

"Wild division" of Tsar Russia army (consisting mainly of Azeri Turks)

Emil, it is said that Oghuz Turks are a Russian tribe who have lost their Mongoloid features in the process of immigrating to places like Iran and Azerbaijan.  If this theory is correct, I would say Azeris are white. And I don't disagree, I think in many cases Azeris can be white, but I do not understand why a lot of Turks display many semitic features in both Azerbaijan and Iran. And why is it that if these Oghuz Turks are basically Russian in origin, shouldn't it be widely documented or viewed upon as these people being part Slavic?
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 22:09

I agree with you, Cyrus. Azerbaijan has adhered to the same region for centuries, and the only smidgen of a difference has been the Soviet influence for the past 70 years in the northern region, otherwise ethnic wise, nothing has really changed.

Its actually since 1800 (when Russian invaded).

And Greater Azerbaijan shall be united again one day. North already freed.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 17-Apr-2010 at 22:52
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 22:12

I think what would help is if somebody could post ancient maps of Azerbaijan to see the recollection of ethnic groups inhabiting certain regions. I've been trying to find some, but they are very complicated to read, and are not in the english language. 

It dosen't matters much, but I can explain to you.

In northern Azerbaijan (country), it was Caucasian Albania in western half and Scythian tribes in eastern half . In southern Azerbaijan (Iran), Atropatene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Albania

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropatene

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 17-Apr-2010 at 22:55
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 22:19

If this ethnic group is dispersed among Iran, why are these so called Oghuz/Azeri Turks portraying Semitic phenotypes (coarse curly hair, bushy eyebrows, hooked noses, dark eyes, long eye lashes) seemingly 40% of Iran's population?

In Iran Azerbaijani Turks were/are known for being "white" (or whatever you call it) throughout the history, like Circassians among Arabs. Of course that may not be the case with Persian "aryanist" supermachists who reside outside of Iran.

Oghuz Turks were never Mongoloid and this European/Nordic theory must be the craziest thing ever.

Emil, it is said that Oghuz Turks are a Russian tribe who have lost their Mongoloid features in the process of immigrating to places like Iran and Azerbaijan.  If this theory is correct, I would say Azeris are white. And I don't disagree, I think in many cases Azeris can be white, but I do not understand why a lot of Turks display many semitic features in both Azerbaijan and Iran. And why is it that if these Oghuz Turks are basically Russian in origin, shouldn't it be widely documented or viewed upon as these people being part Slavic?

And there are also many with blond hair etc...So what? Just like there are some that would resemble Middle-Easterns.

I posted here pictures from 1800 - early 1900.

Your theory are just funny. Oghuz Turks were never anything like that. LOL

Oghuz Turks migrated via south of Caspian Sea, they never met Russians in their history.

Your theories are none-sense and funny. And your very ignorant about the matter, yet you talk.

And your only posts on this forum have been in this thread so far, I really wonder what is your intention with your non-sense.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 17-Apr-2010 at 22:55
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 01:20
Emil
I agree with you about that the  modern azarbayjani people looks like the picture you have posted, but it is a mistery why they should look like the people in the picture and not  looking like turkish speaking  turkemans or som uzbaks . by the way the picture you send with painting of ughuz turcs in armor  why they are dressed  exactly  like the other  non turc middle eastern  peoples. persians or kurds and what ever. we have painting of our ancestors which were not turcs and they were dressed exactly in  the same manner with same armor type same weapon, sure the oghuz turcs if they looked like that and dressed like that might have very heavily mixed with other iranic people and somehow managed to keep their turkish language. anyway modern DNA technic says too that azarbayjani people have very little altaic origin and a lot IE like the other caucasien people. it is very  fascinating .

Edited by kalhur - 18-Apr-2010 at 01:22
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 01:40

And there are also many with blond hair etc...So what? Just like there are some that would resemble Middle-Easterns.

I posted here pictures from 1800 - early 1900.

Your theory are just funny. Oghuz Turks were never anything like that. LOL

Oghuz Turks migrated via south of Caspian Sea, they never met Russians in their history.

Your theories are none-sense and funny. And your very ignorant about the matter, yet you talk.

And your only posts on this forum have been in this thread so far, I really wonder what is your intention with your non-sense.

The Oghuz seem to have been related to the Pechenegs, some of whom were clean-shaven and others of whom had small 'goatee' beards. According to the book Attila and the Nomad Hordes, "Like the Kimaks they set up many carved wooden funerary statues surrounded by simple stone balbal monoliths."[4] The authors of the book go on to note that "Those Uzes or Torks who settled along the Russian frontier were gradually Slavicized though they also played a leading role as cavalry in twelfth and early thirteenth century Russian armies where they were known as Black Hats.... Oghuz warriors served in almost all Islamic armies of the Middle East from the eleventh century onwards, in Byzantium from the ninth century, and even in Spain and Morocco."

An excerpt from Atilla and the Nomad Hordes. I'm just trying to find what the truth really is, because there are so many claims as to what really is.
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 01:44

Its actually since 1800 (when Russian invaded).

And Greater Azerbaijan shall be united again one day. North already freed.

It's been longer than that. And my point was that it was a cultural difference, not that of an ethnic one.
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 02:10
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 05:29
Emil_Diniyev, great photo`s exactly. Also well-known map. But I can`t take in your point! Modern Azerbaijan direct successor of Caucasian Albania? And what kind of language had been used by ancient population of this area? Turkic? I think term "Turkification" is right on place when we talking about Azerbaijan.
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 05:47
emil
very nice picture . 
who is the man on the picture?
do you know him by name?
 isn't he from baku? or teblisi? 
i have seen some picture of some one in an old album which looked  very like  him!!
wasen't his name  Bayram sultan?

Edited by kalhur - 18-Apr-2010 at 05:51
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 05:49
Originally posted by kalhur

emil
very nice picture . 
who is the man on the picture?
do you know him by name?
 isn't he from baku? or teblisi? 
i have seen some picture of some one in an old album which looked  very like  him!!

Azerbaijani officer of "savage" division.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Division

The picture is from museum of Azerbaijan history.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 18-Apr-2010 at 05:49
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 05:53
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Emil_Diniyev, great photo`s exactly. Also well-known map. But I can`t take in your point! Modern Azerbaijan direct successor of Caucasian Albania? And what kind of language had been used by ancient population of this area? Turkic? I think term "Turkification" is right on place when we talking about Azerbaijan.

No, I didn't say that. I only posted a map showing the nations that existed before Turks in Azerbaijan.

Caucasian Albans spoke Ibero-Caucasian. Native Caucasians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibero-Caucasian_languages

I think they spoke some sort of Iranic language in Atropatene. Maybe Iranian members here, specially Cyrus have more info on Atropatene.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 18-Apr-2010 at 05:53
Asawar Hazaraspa View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Asawar Hazaraspa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 07:57
It doesn't matter if you admit what you call falsified theories or not. The thing is that anthropologists consider the Turkic people having features called Mongoloid. As for the modern Azerbaigani people I should say that because the region was inhabited by mainly cacausoid people ( don't forget considerable Arab population) by the arrival of the Oghuz Turks searching for a jihad against Byzantine empire and the subsequent intermarriages with locals over centuries the result is what you see in Anatolia, Azerbaijan and even that of Crimea i.e. one can see a person having  features of both or even people clearly resembling either. Of course in Turkey or Azerbaijan you can easily find people who completely look like their Oghuz Turkmen kinsmen and that's not a surprise.

Edited by Asawar Hazaraspa - 18-Apr-2010 at 08:00
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 08:37
Yes, they declared Jihad in Azerbaijan with Christian Albans...

Why you don't make sense...
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 13:06
Azerbaijan and Arran/Albania WERE TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES, with different cultures, languages, and peoples.

Azerbaijan and the whole "Azerbaijan was divided by Russia" are recent inventions, first introduced by Turkish nationalists and pan Turkists during WWI, and later expanded upon by the Soviets and Iranian nationalists who believe that Azerbaijan should be a part of Iran.

The terms Southern and Northern Azerbaijan are fictional as well, and they were created in the 1930's for propaganda purposes by the soviets in order to infiltrate Iran and set up communist states. The term Azeri is also a recent term, only in use for 100 years or so.

Its a myth, its historical fiction. Azerbaijan and Arran have their own separate histories.

And by the way, THIS IS A STATUE OF A SELJUK MALE FROM THE 12TH 13TH CENTURY:

CLEARLY MONGOLOID, JUST LIKE ALL THE ETHNIC TURKS OF CENTRAL ASIA. THE TURKS OF TURKEY, IRAN, AND THE CAUCASUS ARE LINGUISTICALLY TURKIC, NOT ETHNICALLY.

Science and history have spoken on the subject, its fact and there is nothing wrong with it, why hold on to propaganda? sorry

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 18-Apr-2010 at 13:11
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 15:32
Also Turkic langauges fall under the same group as Mongol and East Asian langauges.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_family.asp?subid=7-16

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/17472/Altaic-languages

family of languages consisting of three branches—Turkic, Mongolian, and Manchu-Tungus—that show similarities in vocabulary, morphological and syntactic structure, and certain phonological features and which, on the basis of systematic sound correspondences, are generally considered to be genetically related. It contains more than 50 languages, spoken by more than 135 million people spread across virtually the entire breadth of Asia and from the Arctic Ocean to the latitude of Beijing. The Turkic languages are spoken principally in a nearly continuous band from Turkey, Armenia, and Azerbaijan through the Central Asian republics of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan to
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 18:51
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

CLEARLY MONGOLOID, JUST LIKE ALL THE ETHNIC TURKS OF CENTRAL ASIA. THE TURKS OF TURKEY, IRAN, AND THE CAUCASUS ARE LINGUISTICALLY TURKIC, NOT ETHNICALLY.
Nice round, flat face, small flat nose, small, narrow mouth. Ummm ...

Give me some clay to play with. I'll make ya a statue of anything ya want. Ya tell me what a Turk's face is like, I'll give ya a Turk's face. Well, a 'Turk's face' according to the specifications ya give me. Even if I haven't seen a Turk all my life.

TGS, not even all Mongols look like that statue, not even all Chinese, nor all Japanese. Let alone all Turks.

Just look at Yao Ming, the professional 7 ft. 6 in. basketball player. Pure Chinese, He doen't have even a drop of Caucasian or IE blood in him. Now, does he look anything like your statue?

Edited by Shield-of-Dardania - 18-Apr-2010 at 18:55
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2010 at 22:28
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Nice round, flat face, small flat nose, small, narrow mouth. Ummm ...

Give me some clay to play with. I'll make ya a statue of anything ya want. Ya tell me what a Turk's face is like, I'll give ya a Turk's face. Well, a 'Turk's face' according to the specifications ya give me. Even if I haven't seen a Turk all my life.

TGS, not even all Mongols look like that statue, not even all Chinese, nor all Japanese. Let alone all Turks.

Just look at Yao Ming, the professional 7 ft. 6 in. basketball player. Pure Chinese, He doen't have even a drop of Caucasian or IE blood in him. Now, does he look anything like your statue?

There are exceptions to height in all nations. Height is not determined by ethnicity, because I know plenty of African Americans who are tall as well as Indians. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>