Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks And Mongols

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks And Mongols
    Posted: 01-May-2005 at 15:41
Chuvash is the oldest existing western Turkish dialect.
Kuu-ukko View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kuu-ukko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 09:42
Aren't the Turkic "dialects" more like languages? For example, I understand Estonian farely well, but Finnish and Estonian are completely different languages. Isn't it the same with Turkic languages?
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 15:32
They are all the same language, each region has their own differences but for the most part is understandable between one another.  Here's a good link that shows you the sub groups of the language, maybe you will understand a little better.  http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/didact/karten/turk/turk lm.htm
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 03:13

Dear Oghuz Oghlu,

Hi there. Hope you're doing fine. Well, thank you very much for your concern. I should inform you of the followings:

1- When I talked abouyt Chuvash, I said: 'there's a third group LIKE chuvash...'. I didn't mean Chuvash is the only dialect in this group. That's it.

2- Well, about immigration of Turks to Anatoli, again, you haven't read carefully. I said the family 'Usmanli' was a member of Oghuzes. They were not Kipchaks. They were not Pechenek either. And by they way, 24 tribes ( or 'ok's) you'd mentioned is just a classical classification. It returns to Oghuz Kan's 6 sons and you know every one of them had 4 sons. So, totaly, they were 24. But in reality, most of them does not exist. Even when we Oghuzes were in Mongolian Steppes, we were called ' Toghuz Oghuz', but not' yigrimi tort oghuz'. To explian more, the nine tribes mentioned above are:

1- Tekke 2- Yomut 3-Gokleng 4-Ersari 5-Salur 6-Sarik 7-Kara

8- Chawtur 9- Al Illi

By the way, I'm a Salur Oghuz. We were one of the biggest and strongest tribes of all Central Asia. But nowadays, you may not find them everywhere. Due to my investigations in Anatoli, I haven't found any Salur there. The same can be said about 'Kara's, 'Sarik's and 'Chaawtur's.
   My brother, we're not here to argue with each other. I just wated to make this issues obvious. I'll be in Non-English froums soon, anyhow. So, until that time, take good care and just take it easy.

Sincerely,

Iltirish

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 12:46
Salur?  I know of a Turkish tribe in Gansu Province in China called Salar.  Are they the same people?  I figured you were either Uygur or a tribe in the same family when you said "yigrimi tort oghuz" in your last post.
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 16:54
The Salar originate from Transoxiana.  They belong to the Oghuz branch of Turkic.
According to Salar folklore they fled Uzbekistan in the 11th century from persecution.
Although there are Salar Turks in Gansu most live in Qinghai province in China.  I think they descend from a Turkmen tribe called Salor.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 17:25
I know about the Salar but they're not in the Oguz branch.  They're in the Eastern branch with Uygur, Ozbek and Sari Uygur.
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:11
It is likely that Uyghur has influenced the Salar language due to close contact, however the origins of the Salar are Oguz, and they usually are classed as Oguz Turks rather than Eastern Turkic.

These links have Salar as an oghuz Turkic language
http://home.arcor.de/marcmarti/yugur/language/lanhist.htm
http://dmoz.org/Science/Social_Sciences/Linguistics/Langua ges/Natural/Altaic/desc.html
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=slr
http://www.answers.com/topic/salar-1

However this link classifies Salar as a deviating language in the South Eastern group which developed in the South Western (Oguz) group
http://www.turkiclanguages.com/www/classification.html

i think the most logical answer is that Salar is a language with an Oguz base which has been influenced by the Eastern Turkic languages which they passed through during their migration to their current homeland.

Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:14

I have this link here that shows all the Turkish groups.

http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/didact/karten/turk/turk lm.htm

A map I have on my bedroom wall, printed in Turkish, shows the same but catergorizes the groups in Western, Eastern, Northern, Southern, Central and Chuvash.  Both put Salar into the same Eastern group.  But oh well.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 22:29

Hello everyone, new to the site!

I believe that the Mongolians are related to todays Turks in Turkey in only liguistic terms. As far as their relationship to earlier Turks, we know that there was a link possibly due to intercommunal marriages, but evidence that there is a genetic bond is up in the air.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 23:03
Welcome to AllEmpires.  There is a genetic link between Mongols and Turks, in Siberia, mainly southern Siberia and some parts of Central Asia.  This is probably due to them living side by side for so long and mixing with eachother, that's normal especially for nomads.  Turks of Turkey mixed with people in that area, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Caucasus.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 07:39

I belive as was mentioned earlier that Turks and Mongols are cousens. The Turks and Monglos speak similar languages and before the Turks migrated mixed marieges did happen. The Mongol alphabet was taken fromthe Uygur Turks, Ghengis Hans childrred used Turks for advise on wars, the Golden Horde and the first dynansty of the Mameluks were a mixture of Turks and Mongols. Below are stories concernig  the origin of these people

Apparantly the Turks and Mongols are accestors of Noah's son Yafeth, from Yafeth line came a man called Turk who had sons named Tatar and Mongol. Although whether this is true or not i dont know, but its quite interesting.

In Turkic, Mongol and Chinese myths the Mongols and the Turks are anncestors of a wolf. When a wolf raised a child who then had intimate relations leading to the Mongols and Turks. The chinese believed that this is why we are hairy.

Concerning the Azeris, i belive that they are Turks as before the Russion invasion they were labled as Tatars. The reason the culture is has many diffrences is because the russions were so strict that many sunni Azeris left there land for Turkey the rest forgot a lot about there religion and customs. THanks tothere independence they are trying to revive the Azeri Turk links thus the link between Turkey and Azerbajan.

Forget about what Turkey is doing concerning Turkic nations there to busy running after the EU

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:14
I know, it's very upseting and a damn shame.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 08:32

Dear All,

Hi there. Hope you're doing fine. Well, if I'm a Salur Oghuz, I know who are they, where they live and what a language they speak. Now, about Salars, I should say, they are an Oghuz descent. But, beacuse of the long time passed and the geographical distance between them and reall Oghuzes (Turkmens), their Turkish is a little bit different; but not that much that would not be understood. It's really obvious. Anyhow, don't try to learn an Oghuz (a Turkmen) who he is, where he's from. Mind your own business!!!

Sincerely,

Iltirsh

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 08:44

Dear Feramez,

Hi there. Hope you're doing fine. Well, how do you say '24' in your Turkish? I think you say 'yigrimi dort', hmm? Anyhow, I'm not an Uyghur. I'm an Oghuz; a Turkmen. Take good care and just take it easy.

Kind regards,

Iltirish

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 11:57
I saw you type yigrime tort.  I know that's how it's said in Uygur.  In my Turkish it's yirmi dort.  What the hell is wrong with you?  Noone is argueing with you.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 09:48

Dear Feramez,

Hi there.  well, I think you've made a mistake. Now, come down 'kardeshim'!!! Just look at all those exclamation marks I've used and the smiley mentioned. I was just joking. There's no cause to get angry with me. Hepimiz Kardeshiz, doghru mu? And about '24', in real Turkish, it's 'yigrimi tort', but with a little bit differents in accents, you may find they say 'yigrimit dort'. Mostly, in different forms of Turkish, 'd' is used instead of 't'; becasue it's rather slighter. Take good care and just take it easy.

Kind regards,

Iltirish

P.S: I didn't mean anything!!!

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:43

Well Done, gok toruk,

Yes we are all kerdes (bros.)

Although is 24 the only number thats the same as ours, how about the rest, eg. bir, iki, uc (uch) etc?

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:13
Osmanli, I don't know about the Salar language much, but I know in Uygur, Ozbek and Turkmen share all the same numbers.  If not, the differences are very small, you wont really tell the difference.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 10:25

Hi Turkogullari,

For years and years i am trying to find who i am!!? maybe you guys here can help me with your experiences in History! Originally i am from Turkey,Anatolia.and for the experts from rgp-Nevsehir.International people know that place as Cappadoccia. Now can you maybe give me some clues that what i am???or who i am? I wish to be a solid Turkish like some of the Turks in Asian. but whatever i am proud to be a turkish and i feel my strong and warrior turk blood in my body,whatever if it is mixed with european or not...

And another thing that i was in Shanghai last winter and i met with an Uighur Turk(first time in my life) who was wroking in a turkish restaurant.We had a short dialog and i was really surprised that i could understand his language.dialect was not the same.but it was a great feeling and proud,you know what i mean... waiting for your answers  ...  thanks    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>