Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Islamic Fascism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Islamic Fascism?
    Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 23:15
I personally am convinced that Al Qaida's ideology is mostly based on religion (or rather the misinterpretation of religion).

I'm not convinced about anything concerning al-qaedia. Their actions contradict thier stated goals. They don't appear to do anything other than blow things up. No-one really knows what they are.

Al-Qaedias real hallmark is an attack that doesn't make any sense at all, perpetrated by people who are unlikely to have done it.
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote docyabut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 23:26
Omar, yes  both Israel and the Paletinians have rights to the land which can be settled , however al-Qaedia as sunies  have secular goals to killed all the sh*tes, so how is that settled?
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 03:45
however al-Qaedia as sunies  have secular goals to killed all the sh*tes, so how is that settled?

If you provide me with one piece of evidence (and I don't mean hearsay by respected people) or one logical argument about this statement even being remotely true I'll believe you.

Al-Qaedia appear to be just a bunch of idiots and thugs that deserve to get the firing squad just as any other mass murderer, but not any more than any other mass murder either.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 06:25
Originally posted by bg_turk

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Hell, even al-Qaedia as secular goals.

And that is probably why every second word the Osama thug uses is "jihad".

Because stirring up religious feeling is a great way to achieve your secular goals. Including of course satisfying your own ambition.

What Bush et al should be doing is labelling al-Qaeda and terrorists in general as un-Islamic, not Islamic. Apart from being true, it would be better propaganda.

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 21:34
Maybe this would help. Today I run through a new concept (i mean new for me but old indeed). While "islam" may be translated in English as "religion", there is another word: "din" (like in SalaDIN). This more broadly means: religious way of life and is closer to "moral" or "ethic" than from religion. For a pious muslim, everything is within this din. Economy and politics are parts of this din and as such the very word secular is senseless as everything is supposed to be ruled by the Qu'ran, the Suna, the Fiq or the more recent fatwas.

For once glce I do diseagree with you. I do not think Mr. Bush (or any other western politician for that matter) is qualified to define who and what is islamic and what is not. If anything remember that the church (any church) is separated from the state.

One more thing for the records. What is going on in Irak must not mislead you. Al Qaeda is successful and dangerous precisely because they are fighting to unite the muslims be them Sunnis or Shiites. Just consider how easily the supposedly Al Qaeda related kurdish islamic group Ansar al Islam was crusing from the Iraki to the Iranian side of the border. Iran was a safe heaven for the ex talibans in 2003 as well. The specificity of the war in Irak is that for historic and political reasons sunnis terrorists groups such as Zarkawi's started fighting against the shiites.

M
I am a free donkey!
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 00:27
Din is actually the Turkish word for religion. 
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 03:59
Islam literally means entering into peace. I think you mean Eman Maharbbal. (I think, I'm not sure if thats the right Arabic word, but it seems to be how people use it)

For once glce I do diseagree with you. I do not think Mr. Bush (or any other western politician for that matter) is qualified to define who and what is islamic and what is not. If anything remember that the church (any church) is separated from the state.

I think gcle is 100% right. Bush isn't defining what is Islamic or un-Islamic, the Quran does that. All bush would be doing would be speaking the truth for a change.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 18-Aug-2006 at 01:06
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 08:07
Originally posted by Maharbbal

I don't think he's qualified to define Islam either. What I pointed out was that if he wants to win Muslims over against al-Qaeda, then it is stupid to call al-Qaeda 'Islamic'. He should call it 'anti-Islamic' and produce whatever evidence he can find or invent to convince Muslims that al-Qaeda is fighting against the interests of Islam.

One more thing for the records. What is going on in Irak must not mislead you. Al Qaeda is successful and dangerous precisely because they are fighting to unite the muslims be them Sunnis or Shiites. Just consider how easily the supposedly Al Qaeda related kurdish islamic group Ansar al Islam was crusing from the Iraki to the Iranian side of the border. Iran was a safe heaven for the ex talibans in 2003 as well. The specificity of the war in Irak is that for historic and political reasons sunnis terrorists groups such as Zarkawi's started fighting against the shiites.

M
What's that got to do with al-Qaeda being an Islamic movement or not? It pretends to be one certainly. And it does what it can to get Muslims to support it. But those are tactics not goals.

(Incidentally you seem to have missed the al-Qaeda spokesman recently who, with regard to the Lebanon, said 'we must not forget that Hizbulla is just as much the enemy as Israel and the US.')

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 10:14
I don't know if that can be of any help to the present debate, however here in Italy TV news commentators explained the "Islamic Fascism" definition as directed towards Al Qaeda and it's doctrine, in particular its (alleged?) ultimate goal of recreating a califfate.
This califfate should be a non-democratic, anti-libertarian (in the Western sense of liberty, of course) and potentially military aggressive  large spanning empire, and these traits are in common with historical fascism. It would have a strong religious (and, in particular, muslim) connotation, hence the adjective Islamic.

Said that, I suppose that was not a correct definition, from a historical-philological-scientific POV, but I have also a gut feeling that is a good way to summarize the idea many common people in AMerica and in the West have of Al Qaeda and other terrorists that attribute their action to a (false, I suppose) idea baout Islam.

Edited by Serge L - 19-Aug-2006 at 09:06
ITAPORA View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ITAPORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 11:16

Brazilians in the Hezbollah: the impressive and appalling vindication of that they die with a smile in the face

The news article most impressive on the war in the Middle East is in the Leaf of this Saturday. Ibrahim Saleh, 17 years, son of Brazilian mother and Lebanese father, with double nationality, died in the rows of the Hezbollah. A missile reached the car where it was. The family is sad? Not! The mother if confesses happy because she said that the son wanted to die fighting. Zeina Kourani, native of So Paulo of Itapevi, aunt of the youngster, who now lives in the city of Shot, repeat an old myth of the Islamic terrorism: Say-in that it had a smile in the lips when it was found died
ITAPORA View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ITAPORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 11:19
Hezbollah does not only order all the Israelis to airs, to pieces, children or not, because it cannot, because it is not militarily capable. But ambiciona to be it one day. E, therefore, in defense of the children that has and that it will have in the two countries, has of being destroyed
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 11:21
O Peixe de Babel comparado muito mais melhor agora ltima vez onde voc nos visitou. Ao menos agora eu posso compreender a maioria de coisas que voc disse.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 11:27
Originally posted by gcle2003

What's that got to do with al-Qaeda being an Islamic movement or not? It pretends to be one certainly. And it does what it can to get Muslims to support it. But those are tactics not goals.

I see your point and yes it would be a good thing to push Al-Qaeda out of the muslim world. Yet is it even possible? Remember what Mila was saying in another thread about Islam: a Muslim is the one that claims to be one. So I persist in saying Al-Qaeda is a (rogue, violent, fascist whatever) islamic organisation. You could say it is not if Mr. Ben Laden organization was unic, but it is far from being the case.

(Incidentally you seem to have missed the al-Qaeda spokesman recently who, with regard to the Lebanon, said 'we must not forget that Hizbulla is just as much the enemy as Israel and the US.')

Indeed I've missed it. Some links maybe?
I am a free donkey!
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 11:29
uma vez mas: en ingles se faz favor
I am a free donkey!
ITAPORA View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ITAPORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 12:43
The federal government acts against the Brazilian citizens how much to the weapons. It is a strategical question already initiated by FHC, that brought for Brazil, artificially, the subject of the civil disarmament, together with the demolition of the Armed Forces and the containment of the Policies. The systematic campaign of surrender to the crime completed the program (it does not react), with the requinte of if explaining the people as better to cooperate with thieves, and to each time bigger lenincia stops with the crime and the criminals
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 13:13
Great post ITAPOREClap This topic is now officially thoroughly discussed!
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:28
Itapora I didn't understand your last post who is FHC? Your last sentence is a complete mystery. Vulkan have you grasp anything?

You remind me of some one...
I am a free donkey!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:48
Originally posted by bg_turk

Din is actually the Turkish word for religion. 

Also Arabic and Persian - though the words in these languages are conincidentally the same, rather than a loan word from one to the other, because they have different roots.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:52
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Indeed I've missed it. Some links maybe?

It's a given, has been for over a millenium, they state that "there is no honour greater than killing a Shia". 
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:58
Islamic fascism is akin to Jewish fascism (Zionism) - intolerant and murderous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>