Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most Disciplined Modern Armed Force

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Which is the most displined armed force of the modern world?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [8.75%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [5.00%]
2 [2.50%]
1 [1.25%]
10 [12.50%]
16 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
14 [17.50%]
26 [32.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Disciplined Modern Armed Force
    Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 12:35
I think that the most discipline armies in the world are german during WW2 and soviet during the cold war.I live in Bulgaria and there is a us military base near my city.I assure that these guys are not soldiers at all.Without technologies they sucks,thats way bulgarian forces beat us in every common training
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2006 at 00:20
Originally posted by Desimir

I think that the most discipline armies in the world are german during WW2 and soviet during the cold war.I live in Bulgaria and there is a us military base near my city.I assure that these guys are not soldiers at all.Without technologies they sucks,thats way bulgarian forces beat us in every common training

The U.S. is so bad that the majority of Bulgarian officers go through american trained IMET. I would like to know what base you are talking about. The 3 bases that will be shared by the armed forces are the Novo Selo training range, including the Aytos storage facility, the Bezmer air base and the Graf Ignatievo air base. I hope you know that the U.S. National Guard also uses these and if thats your grounds for anything your sadly mistaken. Air Force is more laid back in any military. What active regular army units have you seen there?

After training/fighting with a large portion of the worlds militaries. Disciplined wise the ROK(south Korea) struck me as one of the most disciplined. They were quite structured and there was not alot of straying away from standard customs and courtesies. Germans seemed most laid back. Though this is not to take anything away from their abilities just my opinion and experiences.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 13:00
Turkey of course...
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 18:54
Just a question but who is voting for Israel- this being the same Israel who in the recent Lebanon war was stricken by conscientius objectors, refusal to obey orders to advance, who ignored missile raid warnings adn had such trouble?

While their SF and regulars did fine the Reservists were a disaster.

Similarly voting for Japan makes no sense, Japan has not been engaged in a "proper" war since '45 (when they were again actually one of the more undisciplined armies).
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 03:01
Then let us list out the countries that have been involved in war since then & then poll.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 22:07

Hi all.

Some nationalistic confusion here between discipline and superior weaponry.  Some countries have more powerful weaponry but the soldiers are slackers (except for some elite groups).  Unfortunelty the more free a society is the less discipline there is lol.  China disciplines their soldiers to no end, notice the marching throughout this 4 min vid:

Edited by Hellios - 27-Sep-2006 at 22:08
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 10:26
Well said, Hellios. I, also, vote for the Chinese army, and from watching that video, wow. What discipline!
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:42
I believe it is Chinese two, I've heard they have 3 years of military service but i am not sure in that.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 06:21
The Chinese & Russian marchpast is the best.
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 07:50
Originally posted by Gundamor

The U.S. is so bad that the majority of Bulgarian officers go through american trained IMET. I would like to know what base you are talking about. The 3 bases that will be shared by the armed forces are the Novo Selo training range, including the Aytos storage facility, the Bezmer air base and the Graf Ignatievo air base. I hope you know that the U.S. National Guard also uses these and if thats your grounds for anything your sadly mistaken. Air Force is more laid back in any military. What active regular army units have you seen there?

After training/fighting with a large portion of the worlds militaries. Disciplined wise the ROK(south Korea) struck me as one of the most disciplined. They were quite structured and there was not alot of straying away from standard customs and courtesies. Germans seemed most laid back. Though this is not to take anything away from their abilities just my opinion and experiences.

First i am talking about soldiers who are trained in Bulgaria.I will say that bulgarian officers are trained in both US and Europe.Now the best bulgarian officers are still those who were trained by soviets.

Second i am talking about the base in Novo Selo,which is about 10 km from my city Sliven.I dont know exactly what kind of US forces are here,but there are Abrams tanks.What i saw was one big fat afro-american.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 08:24
but there are Abrams tanks.What i saw was one big fat afro-american.

Are you sure you are not confused between the two ?Stern Smile
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2006 at 12:07
And both of them were big and ugly.

Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 02:43

I agree with u on WW 2 about the Germans but the Germans were also the best equipped army in the world at that time! I have to had it the dang GERMANS! THEY TOOK ON THE WORLD!!!

Originally posted by Hellios

Hi all.

Some nationalistic confusion here between discipline and superior weaponry.  Some countries have more powerful weaponry but the soldiers are slackers (except for some elite groups).  Unfortunelty the more free a society is the less discipline there is lol.  China disciplines their soldiers to no end, notice the marching throughout this 4 min vid:

I saw the video it looks like any other armyConfused

1. I say the USA are the best rite now, we have air power like no other!

2. Then I think the EU is second!

3. Then Israel is the third.

4. The Russians the forth.

How dos Chinese beat the Germans or the French and some others in the poll?

I see China being up there soon but not now and when was the last war the Chinese fought in? Military experience is imported as well.

Edited by Praetorian - 27-Oct-2006 at 02:48
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
--If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

"game over!! man game over!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 22:02
I am pretty certain the more disciplinated army of all it's the German. The Prusian army is the best model of all in courage and discipline. In South America the most disciplinated of all is the Chilean, which was trained initially by the Prusians of before WWII.

Once in a year one can see in Chile our army in Prusian style uniform of theirs old teachers.

Prusian uniforms of the Chilean army

German hard hats (the model changed in Germany today)

Yes. In Chile we know Germans are the best. And we also know the Chilean army is the best in South America.

Goose step (forbidden in Germany)

By the way, Chile has had wars with Spain, Peru and Bolivia, all of them won by Chile.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 27-Oct-2006 at 22:08
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 03:09
If we forget about the quality and sophistication of weapons technology then I am surprised nobody has mentioned North Korea. Firstly these guys have more special ops than any other force in the world. In this world! We all know that special ops are the most well disciplined divisions and NK has more than 100,000 of them and its not a very large country either.

Now besides the discipline I assume their special ops have they are also incredibally fanatic and fight to the death. There was some story a while back regarding a spy sub that ran astray off the coast of South Korea and it was close to impossible for the SK's to capture them alive.
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 11:17
Originally posted by Praetorian

I agree with u on WW 2 about the Germans but the Germans were also the best equipped army in the world at that time! I have to had it the dang GERMANS! THEY TOOK ON THE WORLD!!!

Common misconception. The best equipped armies of the war were the Western Allies and then the Soviets. The Germans actually usually sufficed on over engineered equipment and old kit. Their real ability was in their leaders and the motivation and experience of their troopers.

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 11:25

Most of the german weapons were superior to the weapons of allies.For example tanks,some of the aircrafts,balistic missiles,fire arms,submarines,cannons and etc.The problem was not in german equipment,but lack of resourses.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 15:07
Originally posted by Krum

Most of the german weapons were superior to the weapons of allies.For example tanks,some of the aircrafts,balistic missiles,fire arms,submarines,cannons and etc.The problem was not in german equipment,but lack of resourses.

Only to what I call "wargaming" standard (because they are the most obviously powerful).

In the early war the Germans actually had worse tanks than the French (but far superior tactics and strategy). By the end of the war they had been out-engineered by the T-34 and Sherman (resources of course are part of what makes a tank so good. A T-34 or Sherman takes far less resources than a Tiger.).

Submarine wise it mattered not a jot. British sonar and Navy was better in the end and won the battle of the Atlantic.

The missiles took up a disproportionate amount of resources to what they achieved.

Fire arms. Well once again they were either average or over-engineered. The Panzershrek was a Bazooka copy. The PIAT had no German equivalent. The Sten and Grease Gun were much easier to build. The PPS is cheaper, easier and just as effective.

Gun wise: the Allies had guns just as good as the 88 (and the Russians totally owned the Germans over artillery)- they just didn't use them (ie. the British never used the Bofors AA in N. Africa despite the fact it was actually thei best AT weapon.

Engineering is not really about effectiveness as much as cheapness and efficency in total war.

If you want more examples of the Allies and Soviets superiority look at say Hobarts Funnies, the Sherman "Firefly", the Shrturmovik etc.

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 20:39
Originally posted by pinguin

I am pretty certain the more disciplinated army of all it's the German. The Prusian army is the best model of all in courage and discipline. In South America the most disciplinated of all is the Chilean, which was trained initially by the Prusians of before WWII.

Once in a year one can see in Chile our army in Prusian style uniform of theirs old teachers.

Prusian uniforms of the Chilean army

German hard hats (the model changed in Germany today)

Yes. In Chile we know Germans are the best. And we also know the Chilean army is the best in South America.

Goose step (forbidden in Germany)

By the way, Chile has had wars with Spain, Peru and Bolivia, all of them won by Chile.

Pinguin

They got nice uniforms Smile Just a question, are there any Jews in Chile because I would imagine that they would crack on anything Nazi related.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 20:37
turkish army by far the most disciplined ...since 1365 they recruit the best foreign forces to fight for them ...
...great military tradition(Balkan wars, wwI ,etc. etc.)...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>