Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Training Day in Spanish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training Day in Spanish
    Posted: 26-Jan-2008 at 18:25
They didn't take the dialogue verbatim from Internal Affairs, so somebody had to write the English dialogue. Also keep in mind that just because a movie is successful in a foreign languages doesn't mean that it will be successful in English. This is why people re-write them and change certain aspects to better fit the new culture into which the foreign movie is going. Therefore the new written version deserves credit even if it adapts a previously written work. This is also true when dealing with work coming to film from another medium (a book, play, etc.). These adaptations all deserve recognition.

The notion that there would have been no Departed without Infernal Affairs is a moot point, since there are no original stories any more. Every movie/story has been told so each "original/new" movie/story is a retelling/remake of a previous story/movie. So by your logic why recognize any writer, since they all ripped somebody off?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2008 at 06:36
Originally posted by Cataln

Worst. Movie. Evar.  I love Training Day ... in English.  Giving all characters the same Castillian dialect, on the other hand, ruins the movie.

Well, I saw Batman the Movie doubled in with Spanish peninsular accent once.... It was really SHOCKING LOLLOL

Instead Batman I though I was seen Diego de La Vega in Walt Disney's version of Zorro!! Big%20smileBig%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12