Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chupacabra - A Real Creature?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chupacabra - A Real Creature?
    Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 20:04
It looks like Vicente Fox was very concerned about the Chupacabra:

The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is The Chupacabra
By Vicente Fox
President of Mexico
September 7, 2005

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to serve as president of the great nation of Mexico. For nearly 200 years, our people have withstood the onslaughts of man and nature. We have withstood attack from without and attack from within. We have withstood the wars of faith, and the creeping despair of faith's absence. We have faced famine, pestilence, and poverty, and time and time again, we have succeeded, for running in our blood is the hearty stock of our Mayan and Aztec ancestors. My fellow Mexicanos, we can stand certain in the belief that we shall prevail over the trials of today. Except insofar as the Chupacabra is concerned.

Forty-seven million of our citizens are poor, with 17 million unable to afford the basic essentials of day-to-day existence. Sadly, these facts are familiar to us not only as statistics, but as real people: our mothers, our fathers, our children, and our cousins. We have climbed far since the peso crashed 10 years ago, but we must unite if we are to climb further. And as we are climbing, we must constantly look over our shoulders for the forked tongue and scaly, spiny hide of the Chupacabra.

People of Mexico, our cities have fallen under siege by thieves and murderers, but we stand together against lawlessness. The criminals and the gangs will not win! The Chupacabra, on the other hand, might. For, although hardened criminals cannot hop over trees to attack their prey, rumor has it the Chupacabra can.

Barricade yourselves in your homes and hope that this abominable creature gorges itself only on our livestock, and does not need to slake its thirst for blood on our children and our elderly. Yes, I'm afraid such a possibility is very real.

We are acting forcefully to break the grip that drug cartels have over this country, finding the supplies at their source and eradicating them. We have dispatched the army to fight the drug gangs that have run rampant in Nuevo Laredo. You can go to sleep secure in the knowledge that Mexico is working harder than ever to stop these gangsters from poisoning our children. Or, you could, were it not for the penetrating, red-eyed gaze of the goat-sucking Chupacabra.

We cannot know for sure whether the Chupacapra is an outer-space alien or some kind of feral dog-lizard hybrid. All we can know is that it should strike terror into the hearts of every man, woman, and child in Mexico. This is the only sensible response.

We have overcome the corruption in our government-housing program, and we have increased the number of homes owned by Mexico's workers, but there is more work to be done. Many of our citizens still live in tin shacks with dirt floors, vermin-infested walls, and no basic plumbing. For those who live in such conditions, I warn you: The Chupacabra will make quick work of such flimsy shelter. Then, he is likely to devour you.

The Chupacabra may be lurking among us this very minute. Even if all of Mexico pulls together and keeps a fearful eye out for this loathsome beast, it is unlikely that we will evade its deadly pounce.

Waitdid you hear something? Perhaps not. But perhaps ... Run! Run now! Run home and cower in your beds, and pray that the Chupacabra will not rip out your throat!

The Onion

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 00:51
the onion is entirely too awesome...
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Perun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Perun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 06:39
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I saw a program on that, recently. Either on Discovery or National Geographic Channel. They provided a lot of proof it is all nonsense, and although these programmes are not always right, I tend to believe them on this.

A simple test showed, (done by a university) that leaving the rotting corpse of a cow in the sun about a week can give precisely the corpse people claim was eaten by the Chupa, due mainly to bugs and insects and such.

I also saw the same documentary. It came out that most of the Chupacabra sightings were frauds. There was also a man that found footprints, but eventually admitted he made moulds of gypsum.

Test with the rotting corpse showed that flies are able to disfigure animal in such manner. Wounds they made were precise as if someone cut meat pieces with razor blade.

However, one could never be sure if any of those crypto-animals really exist. Remember Yeti, Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster...It is more interesting to believe in them. Big%20smile
Gromovnik
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 21:07
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 18:20
Several years ago when I still worked in the green industry I had the chance to work with a family of men from Mexico.  All educated, intelligent men who had worked in nature all their lives.  To them the chupacabra was a very real animal.  All had seen one more than once, and all had problems with them on their own farms in Mexico.  These men were rational levelheaded individuals, not the kind to worry about phantoms.

Their take on the animal is that it has always been there.  With urbanization and encroachment by people into previously wild areas the animal has had to adapt and is now coming out to feed on meals of opportunity.  They never said they felt theatened by it, just that it cost them money in the form of dead livestock.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 18:24
Chupacabras? Yes, they exist. They usually walk in two feets, and have a monkey-like aspect, but lack hair in most of the body. Some say they are related to chimps. They are a very dangerous criatures that kill for fun.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 18:30
I do believe in the existence of the Chupacabra but that video that was released a few days ago is not of one of these creatures, I think.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2008 at 17:35
Some folks think it was a genetic experiment that got loose.  [But then there are a few members here of which the same could be said.]
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12