Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What women want in a man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What women want in a man
    Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 05:40
Aelgifu,

going to university does not make an individual  a very intelelctual creature. I have seen many people here and abroad, who actually are kindergarders in my opinion.

I did not say that you were unique, but special LOL  ofcoruse there are girls out there who study history, philosophy and develop a critical thinking. But the level of them in the whole society are low that I felt the need of naming them, and you, special.

But another reasoning why women want handsome guys before all else,is because  they are attracted to the other gender for they are driven by the desire to ghave babies. And therefore if you ahve a handsome partner, it is more likely that you will have a cuter baby. Don't you think so?

I tink, most of the time, those who say that they look for inside beauty rather than outside are a true hypocritic people.

Edited by TheDiplomat - 11-Jun-2007 at 05:40
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 05:42
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

I tink, most of the time, those who say that they look for inside beauty rather than outside are a true hypocritic people.

True. But I still also think people who go for outside beauty only are shallow.

And I know several girls who think their boyfriends are not handsome at all (the exact words of one were: 'God, he is getting uglier by the day', another I have heard saying 'Yeah, he's got a big big beer belly. Quite unattractive really'.), but they still think they are sweet. Perhaps women are a bit more forgiving on men's weaknesses?Wink

Or perhaps it is because us girls from Medieval Studies know that knights in shiny armour were arrogant bloodthirsty bastards in reality...LOL

Edited by Aelfgifu - 11-Jun-2007 at 06:33

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 08:26
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Perhaps women are a bit more forgiving on men's weaknesses?Wink

It has been the case througout the history, but now is changing...Now it is usually women who choose their partners and dumb them for ridiculous reasons. To make matters worse, it has become a trend in the 21st century. I do not wanna imply that before it was better when men doing the same. But Women did not replace men for better.

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 10:55

I recently read in the paper that this year is oficially the first that there are more women attending universities in the Netherlands than men. Also, in my medieval studies master, there were 4 men and 12 women. So much as I would like to, I doubt I am very unique in any respect...

Yeah, same here, we're at a 60-40 ratio in favour of women at most liberal arts programs.

It's kind of a shame really, because whereas studying natural sciences will enable one to analyze and piece out all the nuts and bolts that make up our world, it will not, in my experience, make anyone able to reflect independently. And whereas an ignorant girl can always be tolerated, even appreciated, if she compensates with beauty, an ignorant guy is just plain worthless as anything other than a workhorse and a baby-machine.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 14:39
I heard that in the United States it is expected to play down their intelligence, because apparently boys do not want a girlfriend that is intelligent, or at least find the fact that she may be more intelligent than him threatening. To me that appears very detrimental for both parties. At least I would never want to have a dumb girlfriend, and I can hardly imagine a girlswant a boyfriend that doesn't want her to be intelligent.

Can some American forumers say if what I heard is true or not?

Edited by Mixcoatl - 11-Jun-2007 at 14:39
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 05:39

Yes, in between the men that want a dumber girl, a shorter girl and one that does not have a horribly sharp tongue, I estimate my chances of finding a nice one really quite low... Disapprove LOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 12:48

Yes, in between the men that want a dumber girl, a shorter girl and one that does not have a horribly sharp tongue, I estimate my chances of finding a nice one really quite low...

Intelligent, tall and with a sharp tongue? Sounds good to me...especially the tongue part.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 13:00
Hands off dutchy's mine!
I am a free donkey!
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 15:19
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Hands off dutchy's mine!

Aren't you married already? Wink
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 04:41

Hands off dutchy's mine!

That's ok dearies, you can both be in my harem. Big%20smile

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 14:17

Hands off dutchy's mine!

That-a-girl! Great role reversal!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 20:16
I've noticed that overweight unattractive girls who are often terrible people are much better at finding and keeping boyfriends than other girls. Go figure.

Yeah, same here, we're at a 60-40 ratio in favour of women at most liberal arts programs.

In arts, it has to be 80-20 in favour of girls at least. In Engineering & IT though, its more like 20-80.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 04:57
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I've noticed that overweight unattractive girls who are often terrible people are much better at finding and keeping boyfriends than other girls. Go figure.

I noticed this too... I suppose I should see the positive side of it: the absence of boyfriend in my life must be due to a overwhelming attractiveness...? WinkLOL

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 06:28

Hands off dutchy's mine!

You can't do that. Because harem refers to a place where male strangers are forbiden to enter. It is all about female privacy. So only your 'husband' can enter your harem. This means by no means both can enter. You got to chose one of these two AE members thenLOL

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:04
Well... I looked it up in the Dictionary, and it seems that in Dutch it is a loanword that has changed the original meaning a bit... You see, in Dutch the word Harem can be indiscriminately applied to 'a simultanous number of lovers or concubines of a specific person'. Tongue

Additionally, I would not dream of locking my lovers away from the world outside. Imagine how boring and uninventive that would make them...

Edited by Aelfgifu - 14-Jun-2007 at 07:06

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:10
I thought we discuss based on original concepts so that same concepts evoke  same meanings in the minds of beingsWink

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:33

Well... I looked it up in the Dictionary, and it seems that in Dutch it is a loanword that has changed the original meaning a bit... You see, in Dutch the word Harem can be indiscriminately applied to 'a simultanous number of lovers or concubines of a specific person'. Tongue

Additionally, I would not dream of locking my lovers away from the world outside. Imagine how boring and uninventive that would make them...

No worries, what fool wouldn't give up life to be a sex slave I ask...
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 10:12
Originally posted by Reginmund

Anyone who is not horny-born I answer ...

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 10:47
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by Reginmund

Anyone who is not horny-born I answer ...

So right you are Diplomat. See what I mean: If you lock them up they become boring.

Intelligent conversation is the least I expect from a man.

Edited by Aelfgifu - 14-Jun-2007 at 10:48

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2007 at 12:52

Intelligent conversation is the least I expect from a man.

Once in a sociology textbook published in the U.S, I read that every three out of four women killed in the world are killed by their partners or ex-partners. To me demostrates this that when women make their partner choices, most of the time it is a wrong choice! When women start to choose intelligent guys to funny guys, they will be much more safe, believe meWink

Edited by TheDiplomat - 16-Jun-2007 at 12:53

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>