Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 35>
Author
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 09:51
I watched 28 weeks later.A good one!
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 13:57
I recently bought Heroes of War Collection: Frontline Combat also Navy Battles.  Four movies in each collection, watched morituri with Brando and Brynner.  First movie I have seen with Brando now I understand the hype, he was an amazing actor, Yul Brynner wasn't bad either.Wink
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 16:06
Originally posted by Justinian

First movie I have seen with Brando now I understand the hype, he was an amazing actor,

You mean you never saw The Godfather, or Apocalypse Now? You have some catching up to do... Wink

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 17:13
i saw Evan almighty yesterday and i think it's okay, maybe they should let someone else play Evan instead of Steve Carell, i dont really like him........

i m looking forward to the new harry potter movie, well i didn t like the last one, because they cutted some of the parts from the book.........
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 17:34

The Fountain - couldn't quite get into it.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2007 at 09:28
Well I've been looking foward to it cause I am a major fan and its finally arrived in cinemas so I saw Transformers and loved every minute of it
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2007 at 04:39
I watched "Man on Fire" this arvo and damn its a cool as movie!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 13:37
watched two movies rcently...

Fantastic 4 .. my rate 3 1/2 Star
Transformers... 5 Star StarStarStarStar
Optimus Prime... really rock.... !
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 06:01
Went to see Die Hard 4 yesterday. Wonderful goddamn, McClane dominates everything. Go get a hacker from Jersey and end up wacking (French) mercenaries in his apartment. Were they French, couldn't pick up on that language for some reason?
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 12:56
Just came back from the theater after watching Sicko. It was okay, it's definitely his best documentary. There were some parts that were completely ridiculous though, like when Moore took a boatload of sick Americans to Cuba in order to recieve better health care. He also made France seem like some sort of Shangri-La when compared to the U.S, which is anything but true.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 13:44
I saw Transformers recently. It was awesome and I normally don't like those types of movies.

I also saw Fantastic 4 it was ok Jessica Alba is f-ing hot and the only reason to see the movie.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2007 at 07:39
Cabin Fever - Oh my word that film was poor. Top (or bottom) five on my list of horrendous films...

Eli Roth is useless
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 06:51
I seen Human Traffic not so long ago. Thought it might have been a bit cheesy, but loved the film nonetheless.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 23:39
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

First movie I have seen with Brando now I understand the hype, he was an amazing actor,

You mean you never saw The Godfather, or Apocalypse Now? You have some catching up to do... Wink
Apocalypse Now has sounded interesting, though I generally don't care for movies on vietnam.  I just have never been able to get into the godfather.  The idea of a movie glorifying the mafia just holds no appeal.  Perhaps I might now just to see brando, I never thought I would see an actor who could outshine yul brynner like that, and brynner was still great.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 18:03

Has anyone here seen "Stalker"? It's a really interesting Russian film by a director begining with "T" (I know that's not much help") It's brilliant from a cinematic point of view but is a little ambiguous...

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 09:14
Went and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix today, it was ok put they cut and changed too many parts IMO
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 14:37
Harry Porter - agree as Balam said... it's ok
Die Hard 4.0 .. nice...enjoy the movie so much....
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 14:40
Die Hard - was OK.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 16:19
Saw Transformers not really my type of movie but I enjoyed it

I also saw the most recent Harry Potter and although there was a lot of stuff cut from the movie (let's be honest you can't really take everything from a 600+ page book and put it in the move) I thought it was done really well.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 16:30

I recently bought Heroes of War Collection: Frontline Combat also Navy Battles. Four movies in each collection, watched morituri with Brando and Brynner. First movie I have seen with Brando now I understand the hype, he was an amazing actor, Yul Brynner wasn't bad either.Wink

Have you seen Taras Bulba with Yul Brynner and Tony Curtis?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 35>