Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic terrorists spare no one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic terrorists spare no one
    Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 20:32

BAGHDAD, Iraq (July 13) - A suicide car bomb exploded next to U.S. troops handing out candy and toys, killing 18 children and teenagers Wednesday. Parents heard the shattering explosion and raced out to the discover the worst - children's mangled, bloodied bodies strewn on the street.

Up to 27 people were killed by the blast in the Shiite Muslim neighborhood, including an American soldier. At least 70 people were injured, a newborn and three U.S. soldiers among them.

Children's slippers lay piled near the blast crater not far from a crumbled child's bicycle as blood pooled in the street.

Twelve of the dead were 13 or younger and six were between 14 and 17, said police Lt. Mohammed Jassim Jabr. Among the wounded was 4-day-old Miriam Jabber, cut slightly by flying glass and debris.

''There were some American troops blocking the highway when a U.S. Humvee came near a gathering of children,'' said Karim Shukir, 42. The troops began handing out candy and smiley-face key chains.

''Suddenly, a speeding car bomb...struck both the Humvee and the children,'' Shukir said.

The slaughter of so many Shiite children is likely to raise tensions further between the majority Shiites - who dominate the government - and the minority Sunni Arabs, the foundation of the insurgency.

At Kindi hospital, where many victims were taken, a distraught mother swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. ''May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader,'' she cried, referring to the insurgents as she pounded her head with her fists in grief.

''The car bomber made a deliberate decision to attack one of our vehicles as the soldiers were engaged in a peaceful operation with Iraqi citizens,'' said Maj. Russ Goemaere, a Task Force Baghdad spokesman.

''The terrorist undoubtedly saw the children,'' Goemaere said, calling the attack ''absolutely abhorrent.''

After the bombing, charred remains of an engine block wrapped in barbed wire sat on the road. U.S. and Iraqi troops broadcast messages by loudspeakers in Arabic, warning civilians not to approach military vehicles.

An elderly woman dressed in black beat her chest in front of her house. Others meandered about in the broiling heat, seeming dazed.

In Washington, White House press secretary Scott McClellan strongly condemned the bombing, saying it showed insurgents ''have no regard for innocent, human life whether it's men, women or children.''

At least 1,759 members of the U.S. military have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003.

In September 2004, 35 Iraqi children were killed as bombs exploded while American troops handed out candy at a government-sponsored celebration to inaugurate a Baghdad sewage plant. It marked the largest death toll of children in an insurgent attack since the Iraq conflict began.

Later Wednesday, about 200 people turned out for the funeral of five victims, in keeping with Muslim tradition to bury the dead quickly. The crowd shouted ''Allahu akbar!'' - ''God is great - and some fired weapons in the air.

The bomber used a brown Toyota Land Cruiser with a license plate from the southern city of Basra, police said.

It was the second major suicide bombing in Baghdad this week. A suicide bomber killed 25 people Sunday at an army recruiting center.

In a separate Baghdad attack Wednesday, a roadside bomb exploded near an American patrol, killing a 7-year-old child and seriously wounding a woman, police said.

Last Friday, Maj. Gen. William G. Webster Jr., commander of U.S. forces in Baghdad, said American and Iraqi troops soldiers have ''mostly eliminated'' the ability of insurgents to conduct sustained, high-intensity attacks in the capital.

However, U.S. and Iraqi authorities acknowledge eliminating such attacks entirely is all but impossible.

U.S. officials have urged the Shiites in government to reach out to the Sunnis, believing only a political strategy can end the insurgency.

But a negotiated solution has proved difficult as mainstream Sunni groups complain of brutality by Shiite-dominated security forces. Sunni Arabs are believed to comprise about 20 percent of the country's 27 million people.

Early Wednesday, Iraqi security forces stormed several houses across Baghdad, detaining, torturing and killing 11 Sunni Arab men, including a cleric, the Sunni clerical Association of Muslim Scholars said.

The bodies were found later in the day in a Shiite neighborhood, said an association official, Sheik Hassan Sabri Salman. The government's Sunni Endowments, which cares for Sunni mosques, also reported the deaths.

Sunni groups also accused security forces of allowing at least nine Sunnis detained last weekend to die after locking them for hours in a van without ventilation as temperatures soared to 115 degrees.

The Iraqi Interior Ministry said both allegations are being investigated, and if true, those responsible will be punished.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 20:32
I guess not only westerners bomb innocent children, their own people do it as welll..
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 04:14

They are same, they both kill innocent people.

So there is not much different between  Westerners or terrorist.

except One have a goverment  and  a  country. Most powerful country of world.

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 07:25

Westerners do not kill children.  Get that horrible propagnada out of your wiped mind!

Do you know why the children where there?  Because those western soldiers were giving the candy when that maniac flew into them.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 07:39
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Westerners do not kill children.  Get that horrible propagnada out of your wiped mind!

So you can assure us that none of the 30.000 deaths caused by the war in Iraq was a child?

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 07:42

Westerners do not kill children.

Not with this type of bombs my friend not  this type of bombs. I am not saying, their aim is to kill children, but terrorists aim is not also to kill  children.

But childs die

Do you know why the children where there?  Because those western soldiers were giving the candy when that maniac flew into them.

That soldiers bombed them too,with this bombing  how many child  died?

with embargo do you know how many child died?Be  sure they are more than terrorist killed.

Edited by Murtaza
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:00
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Westerners do not kill children. 

Of course they do, they just say "oops, sorry" afterwards.

Instead of saying "we killed innocent people" they mumble something about "collateral damage" as if the damage was something lifeless...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:24
edit: I updated the post a little, I misread first time.

Originally posted by Murtaza

They are same, they both kill innocent people.

So there is not much different between Westerners or terrorist.

Whatever motive the Americans had with the invasion, be it freedom or oil or both, the second Gulf War was the cleanest war that ever been recorded in the history of mankind. The Americans targeted military installations, trying to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. I'm fed up with people equaling terrorists (lots of left-wingers doing that here), who target innocents on purpose, and the American and allied military who do their outmost to avoid it. Terrorists kill innocent women and children, is proud of it and goes on bragging about it, I haven't seen that behaviour among the Coalition forces lately...

That soldiers bombed them too,with this bombing how many child died?

How many did it on purpose? In how many of those cases did the soldiers know they were going to kill children before they fired?

with embargo do you know how many child died?Be sure they are more than terrorist killed.

You do know that food was not embargoed, that the Iraqis were supposed to have been fed by the exported oil, but Saddam & co used it to themselves? Not that I think the embargo was a good thing, but to blaim the UN because the country was run by a dictator only is a bit... weird.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:36

There is a huge difference between terrorists and us.

1.  We do not target civilians.  Those terrorists wanted to blow them up.  They don't care what age they are.

2.  I have not heard of us killing any civilians.  Could you please inform me of where you got the 30,000 dead from?

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:43

Thegeneral

Innocent died because of your ugly war,

and  Innocent died because of  their  ugly war.

Dont  you know  when you attacked Iraq people will die?

You  know people die  at war.

And  knowing this, You opened  a war.

so You are  responsible from  the  civilians death.

Dont try to flee from  this responsiblity.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 08:45

Maybe they should have fed themselves, like all other peoples? You do know that food was not embargoed, that the Iraqis were supposed to have been fed by the exported oil, but Saddam & co used it to themselves? Not that I think the embargo was a good thing, but to blaim the UN because the country was run by a dictator only is a bit... weird.

Yes  that is  true, But  you should  not forget, It  was the same people who support saddam,  and now  It was  the same people,who accuse saddam.

we  turks  always  know  him, as a murderer.

And If  there were no embergo, Child will not die from Medical problems  or  food.

the main point is, USA  supported  saddam  when she wish, and know he accuse  him as  a murderer. So USA is not  more innocent than Saddam.

USA supported other terrorist organization when he wish,  and now He accuse them. USA is not  more innocent than this terrorists.

(I edited my post too)

Edited by Murtaza
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:06
edited due to mutual misunderstandings

Edited by Styrbiorn
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:11

Styrbiorn

I  think  you write other words later or I missread them.  So I changed my post.  Sorry for missunderstanding.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:14

People do die in wars.  So far, the only civilians that have died are the ones from the terrorists blowing themselves up next to them.

You see, you are confused.  You think we are killing people.  We are actually capturing more people than we are killing.  And we haven't even killed or even targeted civilians.  Get it though your head!

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:22
Murtaza, when Saddam had US support he was not a known as a mass-murdering dictator afaik. I would never go so far as to give equal guilt to Saddam and the US/UN, even though the embargo made things worse (it was a mistake, not a deliberate attempt to kill off innocents, as Saddam did).

<SPAN =bold>Styrbiorn</SPAN>

I think you write other wordslater or I missread them. So I changed my post. Sorry for missunderstanding.

Ah, sorry, yeah I realized I might be misunderstood if I just put it that way.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:26

Thegeneral

noone said you  targeted civilians. You killed them with  bombs. Do  you think your bombs choose civilian and soldier? you are mistakely  killing them because of your ugly and unnecesary  war. But lets  accept, you made one benefit, You stop  the  saddam. But so we have  lesser evil? If  USA is lesser.

So far, the only civilians that have died are the ones from the terrorists blowing themselves up next to them.

I think you are a little confused.

We are actually capturing more people than we are killing. 

Well,  than? What are  you doing with them? Do you think, destroying  a jail will clear all suffering?

And we haven't even killed or even targeted civilians.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:32

Like I said, Americans do kill inoccent people, but at least they feel sorry afterwards. - ok, sorry, bad joke!

Sources & articles, regarding civilian dead as a result of the US invasion:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0522/p01s02-woiq.html

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1031-01.htm

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0331/p15s01-wogi.html

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Edited by Yiannis
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 09:49

noone said you targeted civilians. You killed them with bombs. Do you think your bombs choose civilian and soldier? you are mistakely killing them because of your ugly and unnecesary war. But lets accept, you made one benefit, You stop the saddam. But so we have lesser evil? If USA is lesser.

Have the US gassed its own population lately? Built huge palaces while the population is starving? Tortured the national football team if they perform poorly?

It's quite ironic that most Swedes are against the war, while the Iraqi immigrants support it. Even if the reason the US entered Iraq was oil (I'm not saying it was. I don't know), ousting Saddam was probably worth it, had the situation stabilized itself after the actual war was over. Unfortunately the country will probably be in chaos for a long long time.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 10:13

Styrbiorn

Yes, I  agree with you about saddam.  But reason for war is not saddam.

And Infact,  I think now  USA  should not retreat from  the  country. They  messed everything, and now they should clear it.

But  It  still dont make  this  war a good  war, war for  freedom, or  war for helping this  poor people or  something related with  this holy thing,

This War is an ugly war and what American did in jails are  also ugly.

Problem? they dont accept this.  They still  support Bush, for  this dirty  war.  and who can know, who will be next? Iran or Syria?

At least  they should tried to stop this wars.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2005 at 12:56

Indeed The General, it is impossible by modern standards to not kill civilians while you are bombing multimillion sized cities. the bombs don't search the people with evil purposes and an AK-47, they shred anything living into pieces and you can't argue that no civilian has been blown up by USA bombs, it is irrational. The sooner you admit utter blindness and get over this weird nationalism, the better.

And i didn't say that Americans searched for children and women to kill, although i have heard of soldiers who went in and shot everything with turbans or a darker skincolor. For closure, In war it is totally and utterly irrational to state that the thousands of bombs and bullets have hit any civilian person. Might seem that a little propaganda of your own or very very wishful thinking has gotten into your wires.

Free Chechnya!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>