Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmericas borders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Americas borders
    Posted: 07-Mar-2005 at 15:22
Do you think Americans, on the private level, have the right to organize and assist the border patrol in apprehending illegal immigrants?

It is well organized and trouble makers are kept out. They are only acting as eyes and ears to assist the government because the Bush administration refuses to secure the borders in a time of war.

I oppose illegal immigration but something needs to be done to help our neighbors to the south, no easy solutions. I have spent time in Mexico working with people, building homes and providing food. I will not say poor because many of them were rich in spirit and some of the best folks I have met, the Greeks also!! Disease is another issue with illegal immigrants such as multi resistant TB, also brought in by Russian immigrants.

http://www.minutemanproject.com/

This is strictly a volunteer project. No financial subsidies are available. And, you will probably need a tent, sleeping bag, hiking gear, etc. You are responsible for all costs associated with your participation.

Our policy of passive activity will be to OBSERVE with the aid of binoculars - telescopes - night vision scopes, and inform the U.S. Border Patrol of the location of illegal activity so that border patrol agents can investigate.

We will not be confrontational with anyone. The tentative area of observation will be a 20-mile stretch of lowlands across the San Pedro Valley in southeast Arizona.   

I hope to bring serious media and political attention to this event. It will tune the American people into the shameful fact that 21st century minutemen/women have to help secure US borders because the US government REFUSES to provide our dutiful U.S. Border Patrol and Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with the manpower and funding required to do so.

The estimated cost per person (for 30 days) could be as high as $3,500, or as low as $1,200, depending on your travel, meal and lodging arrangements. Costs can be substantially lower for those who share two-bed lodging rooms, or take advantage of land owner's low fee land use for RV parking and/or tenting. I intend to stay the entire 30 days of this mission, however, that length of time is not a requirement to volunteer.

The Tombstone area offers some interesting hunting, hiking, camping, horse riding and mountain climbing opportunities for avid outdoorsmen/women.

If YOU are interested in participating in this unprecedented event, please contact me via email at:

century21minuteman@sbcglobal.net   [ all lower case ]

or visit the website: www.minutemanproject.com

Please provide a brief history of yourself. For example, your vocation, any military background, outdoors (outback) experience, etc. There are no prerequisites for joining this mission, however, I would like to know something about the experiences of those responding to this invitation.

The Minuteman Project welcomes participants regardless of gender, race, color, creed, age, or physical disability. An enthusiastic invitation is extended to current and former members of any law    enforcement organization, or military   veterans with reconnaisance (LRRP) or intelligence gathering experience.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2005 at 16:18
If two countries are in a free trade area together I think it's only fair if citizens from one country can migrate into the other.
lastbout View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2005 at 21:06
YEs, if they come in LEGALLY. I don't like Illegal immigrants who treat the USA as if they were still in MExico. I am not saying leave youe culture, but as my ancestors came and Had to learn English to get by, Mexicans I think Should learn it as well, or try to. I no not all can in all situations, but a wide majority should learn it.

Edited by lastbout
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2005 at 21:52
fine than lets remove all illegal and non processed immigrants starting at the year 1492...bye bye sukas!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 13:28
Originally posted by Tobodai

fine than lets remove all illegal and non processed immigrants starting at the year 1492...bye bye sukas!

It is too late for that but any nation has a right to protect its borders against anyone who enters illegally. All my ancestors came legally and went through the process at Elis Island. I do not single out any group and I would turn in an illegal German or whatever in a heart beat.

I have supported increased immigration from Canada and Mexico but legal. The illegals are more and more coming from all over the world and in many cases they are bringing in diseases that were dealt with a long time ago like TB and some other wierd diseases that I had never heard of, I think it was Shagas.

The obligarchy that really runs our nation wants the cheap labor even at the cost of leaving our borders wide open in a time of war and terror.

Bush is doing nothing about our borders and this is making many Americans angry. I support the Minute Man project and I consider them patriots. I would go if I had the time but they will only allow so many people to participate to keep it under control and keep the bad apples out. They are only going to be the eyes and ears ro the border patrol and that is all.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 22:38
well doesnt the declaration of independance or some document like that state that "if the government fails to meet the needs of the people,..." I mean, if the government is failing to protect the country from illegal immigrants, i think the people should be able to take it into their hands,  to some degree
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 23:01

It is too late for that but any nation has a right to protect its borders against anyone who enters illegally. All my ancestors came legally and went through the process at Elis Island. I do not single out any group and I would turn in an illegal German or whatever in a heart beat.

I have supported increased immigration from Canada and Mexico but legal. The illegals are more and more coming from all over the world and in many cases they are bringing in diseases that were dealt with a long time ago like TB and some other wierd diseases that I had never heard of, I think it was Shagas.

The obligarchy that really runs our nation wants the cheap labor even at the cost of leaving our borders wide open in a time of war and terror.

Bush is doing nothing about our borders and this is making many Americans angry. I support the Minute Man project and I consider them patriots. I would go if I had the time but they will only allow so many people to participate to keep it under control and keep the bad apples out. They are only going to be the eyes and ears ro the border patrol and that is all. 

well, infact, other than the us doing that alone, all countries in the world should just simply forbid cross-nation travels. so american young men and women in south korea, japan, germany, england, etc can all go home to see their moms and dads. problems sovled.  everyone can live happily everafter.

imperial china's "closed-door" policy starting in late 15th century afterall got something in common with the modern day usa.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 01:58
I did not say close the door to legal immigration but any nation has the right to protect its borders, language and culture from illegal immigration. If you come here legally then welcome but if illegaly then you should be deported!

I support legal immigration and there is a big difference. American is a sovereign nation so the government is obligated under the U.S. constitution to protect our borders. Europe also has the right to deport all illegal immigrants, Japan as well. It is a worldwide problem and it will probably get worse as the global environment declines.
I respect your opinion though!!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 08:47
The U.S. has the right to protect its borders. I do not see what the controversy is about. The reason why the Mexican border is porous is because the agricultural interests in border tates want it that way.

Increased legal immigration will not solve any problem. Illegal immigration is a necessary component of modern American economy, especially in the border. The U.S. needs a class of workers with practically no legal rights. They need people that they can pay less than the minimum salary, give no benefits, and pay not payroll taxes on them. Legal immigrants have the same labor rights than Americans, so this will not solve the problem.

Americans are just unwilling to pay the price for legal wages to get food. Agriculture and cattle ranchers are already heavily subsidized, they use illegal labor, and many can barely break even. Now that they are taking away subsidies, they will be more inclined to use illegal immigrants.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 09:41
I support the Minute Man project and I consider them patriots. I would go if I had the time but they will only allow so many people to participate to keep it under control and keep the bad apples out. They are only going to be the eyes and ears ro the border patrol and that is all.

I understand your opinions on the subject. I even sympathize with some points. But I feel that this is not the correct group to join or to back on this issue.

Any group that thinks of the Southern Poverty Law Center as their enemy arouses suspicions on me. They are one of the most active groups keeping track of intolerance in the U.S., including intolerance against white people. They are fair when it comes to intolerance.

Second, even though they are encouraging a non-violent patrolling, they are not telling the followers to leave their guns at home. At best, they are asking for trouble by doing this. At worst, it is well understood among the followers that violent action against illegal immigrants will occur.

Finally, even if they have the best intentions, this event will most likely attract racists and psychopaths who want to shoot at illegal immigrants. Arizona is known for its groups of sociopaths shooting at immigrants. Even though the group is urging people like this to stay home, they are not taking enough precautions, for example, forbidding guns during the event. This event may turn out ugly.

Look for a more mainstream border protection group; one that bases its activism on congressional letter writing, which is really more effective and any protest.

I wish you good luck on the search. You have proven here that you don't belong among these people.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 18:51
Without illegal aliens our wconomy would take a hit.  Anything that helps the economy is fine with me as it beneifits everyone.  Illegal immigrants do jobs many Americans wont do, and they help replenish our aging population.  Anyway one could ( I wont) argue that the land most illegals are coming into used to Mexico's anyway, giving them just as much a right as we do to live there.
-Alexander Hamilton
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 20:03
I respect your opinions but if you really want to know the facts check out these sites.

I know about southern poverty law center and I agree with any stance against racism. I was not specifying anyone group but only illegal immigrants, no matter where they are from. If you look at the facts they also take jobs away that Americans will do and they bring down the wage. Something should be done to allow farm workers to legally come in and assure they are treated fairly. This is a good aspect about southern poverty law. I have heard of some horror stories how illegal aliens have been treated and this most also be stopped.
Please look at the facts on the web sites.
   I have always treated people with respect no matter what nationality they are or religion. I may not agree with some groups or religious view point such as the Born againers, Muslims or Mormons but I will respect them.
I spend time and ride bikes with a little Mexican American girl who does not have a dad- she wants to adopt me. I know Michael Savage says some extreme things but I do not think he is a racist. If he was I would not listen to his show at all.

Robert Vasquez -
http://www.pan2004.com

http://www.numbersusa.com/

http://frostywooldridge.com
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 22:19
Eaglecap,

It is because you are not a bigot that I urged you to not associate yourself with the minute man project. I have read many of your threads, and I noticed that you have great interest and respect for other cultures.

The anti-illegal immigration have many valid points, and you already mentioned several of them.

My problem with the minute man project is the method that they are using. Notice that they do not have a page with the name of their leadership. Notice their legal waiver, taking away liability from the organizers. Notice the "hatemail" page, which have a collection of emails signed by "Mexicans" promising violence against the participants.

I tried to find information about the project in the Southern Poverty Law Center, and I found nothing. Their paranoia against an anti-intolerance organization is even more telling.

I am sure that there are other groups that carry the same message without the shady methods. It seems that you may have found some. I just think it is unfair of these organizers to hide behind people who honestly believe in the idea without having a trace of prejudice against the aliens.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2005 at 22:37
I will look further and at the southern Poverty law center. I agree with some of their positions so it might be interesting. I do not believe the intentions of the minute man project is wrong but you are right it could draw bigots and the red-necked yahoo types with no brains. Believe me, in this area we have lots of them-lol!!! This is ranching and farming country!
I will look deeper at the organization and their plans but overall I see it as a protest towards Bush and his lack of control over the borders in a time of torrorism and war.
My mother was from southern Europe and she experienced bigotry when she was a child, her Anglo teacher locked her in the closet because her skin tone was a little darker and she spoke another langauge. I have my grandparent's immigration papers so they came legally.
I think I will quit this thread and focus on ancient history, more interesting!!
Thanks
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 18:15
I saw a great T shirt in the bookstore today, it was a picture of Geronimo with a rifle and it said "Americas homeland security against terrorists, in operation since 1492"  I want one!
-Alexander Hamilton
Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 23:35
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I'm not saying unlimited immigration, but it's like c'mon.  I have to think that most of the people who are in this are mostly afraid of a change in America's ethnic make up.  Because it's always been the people who were different.  It was the Catholics, who didn't fit into the WASP mold.  It was the Orientals, who brought over an entirely different culture.  Not to mention it's dangerous for the Minutemen.  Run into drugtrafficers and they will hunt you down.  Border agents have been killed.  Not to mention it leaves itself too open to abuse and people taking the law into their own hands.  Border agents are trained for these situations.  Minutemen are not.

Regarding all these folks who don't know English, well, most of the folks who came over didn't know it. 

[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2005 at 15:38

It was the Empire Loyalists that gave Canada their great sense of identity. It may be time to have a second wave. Not all Peoples are scrambling to entre the U.S. infact I am sure there are many who would like to leave. In a world that values wealth above all the U.S. is quite appealing to the poor. The mass effort to constantly pat yourselves on the back reaches every country in the world creating an image of Utopia. Your southern border is quite pourous, possibly for a reason. There will always be acceptable numbers of "Illegals" but when it reaches an epidemic that door will slam shut so fast the cat will be tailless. Boby Fischer found a new home in Iceland, he played chess in the former Yugoslavia, big deal. Its chess man not arms dealing. A country that calls itself "Home of the Free" certaintly is becoming more of a Police State. Let everyone in the world come and take a peak at the lofted "United Staes of America". People will find it isn't what they thought. I do a lot of travel and feel I am a citizen of the world, because of my nationality I am given this advantage. The U.S. is one of my favorite places to visit but a terrible place to discuss an issue. It always turns into a game of "We are better than you are". Fox news realy does the U.S. no justice, Bill O'Reily has the # one rated cable news Program. The man constantly tries to change history and create a paronoid society. Border control "pot" from Canada, "Ilegals" from Mexico will destroy society. People like him have emerged to be the un elected leaders of a great nation, and this is sad.

Come on folks stop looking for the "Black Helicopters" visit Cuba smoke a cigar and read a good book, turn off the media and enlighten oneself........Go Duke...

Edited by Gmac
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2005 at 18:45
Originally posted by Roughneck

<DL>
<DD>"Give me your tired, your poor,
<DD>Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
<DD>The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
<DD>Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
<DD>I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" </DD/DL>

I'm not saying unlimited immigration, but it's like c'mon. I have to think that most of the people who are in this are mostly afraid of a change in America's ethnic make up. Because it's always been the people who were different. It was the Catholics, who didn't fit into the WASP mold. It was the Orientals, who brought over an entirely different culture. Not to mention it's dangerous for the Minutemen. Run into drugtrafficers and they will hunt you down. Border agents have been killed. Not to mention it leaves itself too open to abuse and people taking the law into their own hands. Border agents are trained for these situations. Minutemen are not.

Regarding all these folks who don't know English, well, most of the folks who came over didn't know it.

I agree with the statement as long as it is legal immigration!! Anyone who enters this country illegally and without going through the process should be deported, with few exceptions. My grandparents on my mother's side were immigrants so I agree some immigration is good. As the world declines enviromentally the situation will get worse and worse. Europe is losing its culture because of the floods of immigrants largely from N. Africa and W. Asia, China also. The Europeans have a right to protect their borders, language and culture in much the same way that America does. I like what Greece is starting to do, go after the employers and not so much the illegal immigrants.
Marcus Regulus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 13:38

I think the key word has to be --illegal.  The fact is there are a million ways to get into the USA legally and that seems to be why I scratch my head about this issue.

The fact is the politicians have made this a political issue for years, but the reality is that it is a security issue.  I don't have a problem with anyone who comes to this country -- but go through legal channels so I know why you are here and what your motivations for coming are and that YOU ARE NOT A TERRORIST. 

At this point I am happy to have you here -- the more the merrier.  After all all my ancestors are from Wales, France, Germany and the Netherlands.  I am glad they came but they came LEGALLY. 

Marcus Regulus
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus to his disciples
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 17:31

America has the highest level of immigrants in their country ever right now.

95% of murders committed in los Angeles are committed by illegal immigrants. they keep coming back and committing crimes. that alone is justification for clsoing our borders to illegal immigration.

This is OUT country and if you wish to enter then you can enter legally as many other immigrants do. if you enter illegally then you should be kicked out. American prisons are over flowed with illegal immigrants who come in and committ crimes. and when they are released and sent back to their original country,they come back and committ more crimes.

not all illegal immigrants are criminals, I know that. Most are good people who only want to make a good living and privde for their families, but the bad apples are causing far too much crime and trouble for us to just allow the borders to be unprotected.

Every nation has a soveriegn right to defend itself. having unprotected borders where thousands upon thousands of illegal and undocumented immigrants can jsut flow in is a MAJOR SECURITY RISK. No nation would ever allow thousands of undocumented people to jsut flow into their nation like that. Why do you think we have passports???

Bush needs to raise the level of security at the border so that illegal immigrants can not get in. If this means activatiing the National Guard to assist the overwhelmed Border Patrol....then so be it. It is far to grave of a security risk to allow all these people to just wander into our country. especially at a time when we are targets for terrorist groups.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>