Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What women want in a man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What women want in a man
    Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 12:22
Many men are confused as to what women really want. This is a very cute article in which a womens magazine polled its readers and asked women what they wanted and looked for in a man. The results were published based on age groups and they are as follows:

Women in their early 20s look for men who are handsome, charming, financially successful, a caring listener, witty, in good physical shape, dresses in style, appreciates the finer things, full of thoughtful surprises, an imaginative, romantic lover.

Women in their early 30s look for men who are nice looking, opens car doors, holds chairs, etc. (good manners), has enough money for a nice dinner, listens more than talks, laughs at my jokes, carries bags of groceries with ease, owns at least one tie, appreciates a good home-cooked meal, remembers birthdays and anniversaries, seeks romance at least once a week.

Women in their early 40s look for men who are not too ugly, works steadily, splurges on dinner out occasionally, nods head when Im talking, usually remembers punch lines of jokes, is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture, wears a shirt that covers his stomach, knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids, remembers to put the toilet seat down, shaves most weekends.

Women in their early 50s look for men who keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed, doesnt belch or scratch in public, doesnt borrow money too often, doesnt nod off to sleep when Im venting, doesnt re-tell the same joke over and over again, is in good enough shape to get off the couch on weekends, usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear, appreciates a good TV frozen dinner, remembers your name on occasion, shaves some weekends.

Women in their early 60s look for men who dont scare small children, remembers where bathroom is, doesnt require much money for upkeep, only snores lightly when asleep, remembers why hes laughing, is in good enough shape to stand up by himself, usually wears some clothes, likes soft foods, remembers where he left his teeth, remembers that its the weekend

Women in their early 70s look for men who are still breathing and who dont miss the toilet!

http://www.rickroot.com/blog/1/2007/04/What-Women-Look-for-in-a-Man.cfm

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
northpakistani View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote northpakistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 13:52
Women in their early 20s look for men who are handsome, charming, financially successful, a caring listener, witty, in good physical shape, dresses in style, appreciates the finer things, full of thoughtful surprises, an imaginative, romantic lover.

Yup! That's my man!
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

-- Albert Einstein
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 13:53

Nice article..

But sometimes I think what women want in a man is pretty simple: power...

Just look at Hitler and his relations with women... Women committed suice for him, women dreamed of him, actually women adored him...and He was not that cute ...
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:20
Guess I should be looking for a twenty year old then.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 15:45
At least this explains why I've been so unsuccessful with women these last years, on the upside it looks like my chances with those older women are quite good.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 19:38
So in other words, women in their 20s are attracted to financially successful homosexuals....

Seriously, adjust your standards so they are in line with what you yourself have to offer Wink
Easternknight View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 10:53
looks like Im stuck with 70 year old milfs
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 11:25
I'm still waiting on the 'what men want in women' list Morty... That will be quite a sight.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 13:33
A 19 year old nyphomaniac billionairess with a pashion for ironing.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 14:46
Originally posted by Paul

A 19 year old nyphomaniac billionairess with a pashion for ironing.

That definitely sounds like "The Paul Way"
"Morty

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 14:46
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I'm still waiting on the 'what men want in women' list Morty... That will be quite a sight.

I'm working on it Aelf!
"Morty

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 15:56

Appearence, appearence,appearence......It's all appearence , isn't it?

kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2007 at 14:53
Originally posted by Easternknight

looks like Im stuck with 70 year old milfs

Me too LOL.  Great article. 
Kilroy was here.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2007 at 15:49
weird they did not talk about sexual needs ! 

or "physical shape" covers that part?

edit: oh ok found it, its mentioned as romance, romantic lovers for the 20 years old and once a week romance for the 30th ones.

to be honest i thought they want alot more than just thatLOL

Edited by azimuth - 08-Jun-2007 at 15:54
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2007 at 05:32

A woman who will pretend she's interested in about obscure concepts she doesn't understand, who is moderately attractive, can tell you when you need to iron your clothes, and keeps the world running - or at least, keeps his world running.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2007 at 14:36
Originally posted by Spartakus

Exactly.

People make a cliche remark.. They say what matters is the beauty of inside, in other words, the beauty of chracter...

But since the extend of our character remains hidden under the blanket of normality, how can one see the whole extend of the beauty of character?

so for both men and women is question of hypocricy.

Men want beautiful partners because they want to be attracted to them sexually.

Women want handsome partners because they reason that if outside is good-looking, inside must be as well.

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 03:58
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Originally posted by Spartakus

Exactly.

People make a cliche remark.. They say what matters is the beauty of inside, in other words, the beauty of chracter...

But since the extend of our character remains hidden under the blanket of normality, how can one see the whole extend of the beauty of character?

so for both men and women is question of hypocricy.

Men want beautiful partners because they want to be attracted to them sexually.

Women want handsome partners because they reason that if outside is good-looking, inside must be as well.

Disapprove oh, the shallowness.

I do not agree. Sure, everyone wants a partner they like the look of, but that does not mean everybody wants a model. Given the choice between a beautiful emptyheaded person who's biggest worry is what to wear, and a not quite perfect person who you can talk to all day without getting bored, I know who I'd choose.

I had a physics teacher at school who always told us we should take care to marry the really nice/kind/sweet guy/girl, and not the pretty one. After all, after 40 years of marriage, the beauty will be mostly gone, but the really nice/kind/sweet one will still be really nice/kind/sweet. 

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 04:12
Aelgifu,

I am not refering to models, but still very beautiful girls and handsome guys.

after all, how can you see the true face of one's inside until an abnormal situaion emerges? in normal conditions, many are kind, many are angels...
so what matters for teh overwhelming majority is the apperance.,

you don't agree, because you are special in the sense that  you are not like the majority of girls who find history'' boring stuff''. you have develoepd a good level of intelelctual thinking.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 04:37

How about this, the "L" word.

Livable! Attractive people, sweet people, all of them may not be livable. But when you have to spend 50 years with someone, they must be of the livable kind.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 04:42
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Aelgifu,

I am not refering to models, but still very beautiful girls and handsome guys.

after all, how can you see the true face of one's inside until an abnormal situaion emerges? in normal conditions, many are kind, many are angels...
so what matters for teh overwhelming majority is the apperance.,

you don't agree, because you are special in the sense that  you are not like the majority of girls who find history'' boring stuff''. you have develoepd a good level of intelelctual thinking.

Well, much as your praise flatters me...LOL I recently read in the paper that this year is oficially the first that there are more women attending universities in the Netherlands than men. Also, in my medieval studies master, there were 4 men and 12 women. So much as I would like to, I doubt I am very unique in any respect...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>