Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 18:02
Acknowledging that there are no seperate races, there is just humanity is a step towards breaking the myths of racism.

We are all human, what seperates us is language, identity, socio-cultural factors, historical bonds, a sense of belonging and acceptance etc in other words nations.

The ideal of race or racial purity is totally ridiculous. Firstly were all human beings, how can any nation be pure? there is only one pure race and that is humans.

As for loving your nation and having self-pride in who you are, there is nothing wrong with trying to do your bit to better your homelands and its peoples. People with inferiority complexes feel the need to turn to racism as it makes them feel better to hate and try make another nation look so bad that it makes theirs look better.

As long as your comfortable with your identity and genuinly have love for your nation there is no need to hate others, people who are at peace with themselves can be at peace with the world.  

Turks are Turks, nobody unless they have a racist or pollitically motivated agenda can deny this.

Turks as a nation have their roots in Central Asia, around the Altay region where their language stems from. Turks from this region spread across the whole of Central Asia which became known as "Turkiston" and later into the Near East, Anatolia, Azerbaycan.

There is a common historical bond among Turks, the earliest state/empire to use the term Turk were the Gok-Turks, prior to the GokTurks another major Empire was the Xiongnu, ancestors of Turks.

The socio-cultural bonds are many, be they legends, epics, mythology, customs, superstisions, arts, music, foods, clothings, social structures and organistions etc

Edited by Bulldog - 04-Aug-2007 at 18:09
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 16:39
Acknowledging the existence of races is the first step to racism. Loving your 'race' is the second one. Considering your 'race' superior is the final.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 16:27
Clap
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 15:58

Arkadash!

Loving your Race, Nation is never ever can be counted as RACISM, but hating others, beginning from Kurds ending at Armenians for me, is RACISM

Telling the truth can never be counted as RACISM, and true man knows what is truth

Turk and Turkic is no more than understanding turkey Turks and other Turks

I am TURK and I am proud of it, with all my heart - I am ready to die any time, for any TURKISH country if his borders are in threat and will always be loyal to this! Buna shubhen olmasin!
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 11:18
Since when is loving your race and country racism, since when is telling the truth racism? İ suppose you dont find it any problem that people are using terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic. İf there are these kind of terrorists, then for me the meaning of normal TRKS, are the kind who resist as far as their power and moral allow.

Edited by omergun - 04-Aug-2007 at 11:22
ATTİLA
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 18:36
My prefrence:

For RACISTS AND ULTRA NATIONALISTS - DNA, BLOOD, dont know which other craps

for Normal turks - Language, Values, Holidays, Music, Psychology, more or less race, beliefs, food and other elements of culture
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Glyndwr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2007 at 06:44

Thanks for your post, answered my question thoroughly and was very interesting.

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 16:55
Hi,

`If Turks are infact classed as sharing common ancestors, why the diversity in appearance?`

İ want to start explaining with a familly tree, not only to explain the Origin of Trks, but also to give a view of how these things go.

Lets take an example of a familly tree for around 936 years. İ take 936 years because around 1071 with the Malazgirt War Victory, Trks began to settle in Anadolu(Anatolia), by spreading and made with time Anadolu their home for good. Of course before 1071 Trks were already in Anadolu, but lets start with 1071. 

How many generations are there between 1071 till 2007? Lets say that a new generation will start average in 25 years, then 936/25=37,44=37 generations.

İf you will look at the structure of your familly tree at a registration office, you will see that when a woman maries a man, you will see she is no more part of her familly surname.

Firstly lets say Trks generally married with Trks. But also some Trk men also married foreign women, and also Trk women married foreign men. Lets think most women will not carry on their Trkness, because the man is always dominant. With Trk men its not the same, because they are dominant. İn history people in every kind of nation, did look at their fathers origin to know their race. This is also the right way.
So this means that, the child of a Trk man who married a foreign woman will have a mixed appearence, but his origin will not change, because for next generation the child will marry a Trk woman. And also, what i know about the dna tests people make, the scientist look at the y-chromosome, the fathers side. http://www.dnaheritage.com/ystr.asp

Nowadays if people in Trkiye say they are Trk, that means they are Trk, and if they say they are Arab, Kurd, Greek, Serb or another origin that also means they are from that origin.This is so, because famillies never forget their origins and always carry on their cultures.

İf we look at the familly trees of a Trk familly in 37 generations and also accept the fact that Trks are ruling the area, and that Trks from Central Asia,İran area and other areas kept settling in Anadolu, and the fact that around 1900 there were only 10 million people in Trkiye(calculate yourself how many people there was before till 1071), and the fact that many foreigners would leave the area because Trks rule Anadolu, and the fact that during The War of İndependence Trks from old Osmanlı(Ottoman) ground gathered around in Trkiye to fight for their country,
we will see that there are a couple of foreigners in the familly tree of a Trk familly. The result of these few foreigners, will not change the race, but will only mix the appearence. This doesnt mean the basic Trk Appearence will change, you will always see The Trk Appearence, if you look at the structures of the face of a person. Dont look at the colours of the hair, skin or eyebrow, but look at the structure of the eyes and face. The similarity between Trks in Trkiye and foreign races who lived in Trkiye, is because of these colour simillarities(blonde, latino etc.). The most important are the simillarities of Trks in Trkiye and Trks outside Trkiye, this simillarity is based on structures.

Of course if you look from far, it is possible you couldnt seperate, but if you study someones face with effort you will be able to see.

An finally, these mixes count for every kind of nations, if you look at history there were foreigners in every nations ruled area.

As a conclusion, the efforts of people who try to break Trks from Trkiye and Trks outside Trkiye appart are needless, because this only will show 2 things, either you are a racist or you are not interested and dont have knowledge about Trks.

This is my second post in a long time, just like a wrote in my previous post, i want to say to racist in here(not to the topic starter ofcourse),
The grandfathers of Trkiye Trks are Oğuz Trks(a Trk Tribe). Oğuz Trks came from Central Asia, the people you seem to try to break appart from the Trks in Trkiye. Trkiye Trks and Trks in Central Asia have same blood and arent different. I advice you people to stop with trying to break us appart with terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic, we dont use those terms, we only use Trk.
ATTİLA
Glyndwr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 12:53

Hi all, I've got a question regarding Turks. Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language? The reason why I ask this is because Turks from central Asia e.g Kazakhstan look quite different to Turks from countries from say Turkey in west Asia.

If Turks are infact classed as sharing common ancestors, why the diversity in appearance? The same could be said about other ethnic groups e.g Tatars.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456