Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMove over Egypt, Europes pyramids are older and bigger!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move over Egypt, Europes pyramids are older and bigger!
    Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:49
 ill_tecnique relaja te un pocito,take some pills. Move on,you are liveing in the past not me.  If a fact disturbed you,don't watch it,like in a past  time.

About the pyramids,only archeologists gonna know for shore(before us).
  History has long roots in this hole Balkan peninsula.

When your heart is empty,your
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:45
Originally posted by Maju

That region of the Balcans was actually inmersed in European pre-history and, believe it or not, the Balcans were at some time the most advanced region of Europe.....

Pelasgians maybe or other non-Indoeuropean civilisations.I think Herodotus has mentioned the contacts between pre-Hellenic people in what is now Greece and the ancient and glorious kingdom of Egypt.

There are  pyramid-like structures in Greece too.Maybe remnants of the people that were later mentioned as pelasgians,penestai etc.

Edited by RomiosArktos
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:31
Btw, I spotted this one in the mountains topic. It was posted by Theodore Felix among other peaks of the Northern Albanian Alps.

It does look anomalous, doesn't it?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:20
Originally posted by Voyager

Now, the second part of the story. Bosnia is a country with only a few years of existence, in other words, it does not have a past, a memory, that can give an identity to its inhabitants.

Bosnia, like any other European region has a history and pre-history that can be counted in many thousands of years. Our history here (in Europe) is not as old as the history of Africans or most Asians but I think it's old enough, specially when I look at places of recent colonization from outside like, let's say, Ohio.

That region of the Balcans was actually inmersed in European pre-history and, believe it or not, the Balcans were at some time the most advanced region of Europe, with states of lost names that pre-date Egypt. It's logical, if you think that most of the advances at that time came from SW Asia and the Balcans and the Mediterranean were a necessary passage.

I'm not sure about the datation of this pyramid but actually in the western Balcans and the Tisza area there were states that must have been relatively powerful in the 3rd milennium BCE. The last part of that milennium though is that of early Indo-European invasions and those states were destroyed in the process.

In the second milennium there are also a couple of Balcano-Danubian major cultures that could have imported that concept.

I don't know all the details and I truly miss a source about the pyramid in this topic, but I don't think it is so unlikely that there were pyramids in that region. Definitively the mountain looks like a pyramid and not like a normal mountain, which never get such a perfect regular shape by natural processes.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:14
Originally posted by Surbel

MY MY, one more link for you so you can imagine that people in this region didn't just hunt wild animals and looked in the sky.http://www.omniglot.com/writing/vinca.htm

So they could carve in rock? Woooo. You missed my point. The civilizations who have been building pyramids this size have all had a few things in common: they have been populous, centralized empires which could organize the humongous amounts of labour required. Unless some very very old civilization we have never heard about once existed there, we have no potential builders.

Edited by Styrbiorn
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:09
Originally posted by Surbel

"" Voyager"":No, I am not Cetnik, Serb or even from the Balkans. I was only trying to have a reasonable conversation regarding the (mis)using of the past for political motivations. Yet, if the best answer that you can give me is insult, then I don't augur a nice future for Bosnia.

If you make a critique you are a cetnik,cous MIla see the everywhere.
In Bosnia who doesn't say that he is a Bosniak is crazy or nacionalist.
 Before 1991 Bosniaks like nation or language didn't exist.
 Bosna is a geografical or regional term like many others: Herzegovina,Vojvodina,Slavonija,Lika,Kosovo,Krajina....
 For all my claims i have proof.

Apart of that,it is a logical conclusion that pyramids exist allover the planet so it's posible even there why not?
 In Latin America exists even bigger pyramids then this one or those in Egipt. After archeological research we gonna know some more. But until then lets not become all cetniks.

Ok, so you definetly are a nacionalista judging from your various posts and this one just confirmed it.  You obviously did not take the time to read the posts Mila dedicated to this forum on Bosnian history, Bosnian identity, and further on.  It is actually a waste of my time to even begin telling you where you are wrong on the Bosnian language or people not existing before the war - no it was not a civil war either .-

Why don't you just cut the b/s and declare us poturceni srbi right away because judging by your words that is what you are aluring to with this statement above.
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 17:52
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Even if he mightn't have put it so diplomatically, he is right about creating a past though; new countries or countries gaining strength have a long history of doing just that. For example, when Sweden emerged as a great power, lots of things like this were made, including "proving" Sweden was actually ancient Atlantis. Until they actually find something under those hills*), I'll think of this as exactly such a thing.

*) which I find *extremely* unlikely, seeing no large or organized enough civilization have existed there since people started writing. Furthermore, the pyramids of Egypt have been great tourist attractions since the days of the Roman empire, and no pyramid in the Balkans have ever been mentioned.

MY MY, one more link for you so you can imagine that people in this region didn't just hunt wild animals and looked in the sky.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/vinca.htm
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 17:46
"" Voyager"":No, I am not Cetnik, Serb or even from the Balkans. I was only trying to have a reasonable conversation regarding the (mis)using of the past for political motivations. Yet, if the best answer that you can give me is insult, then I don't augur a nice future for Bosnia.

If you make a critique you are a cetnik,cous MIla see the everywhere.
In Bosnia who doesn't say that he is a Bosniak is crazy or nacionalist.
 Before 1991 Bosniaks like nation or language didn't exist.
 Bosna is a geografical or regional term like many others: Herzegovina,Vojvodina,Slavonija,Lika,Kosovo,Krajina....
 For all my claims i have proof.

Apart of that,it is a logical conclusion that pyramids exist allover the planet so it's posible even there why not?
 In Latin America exists even bigger pyramids then this one or those in Egipt. After archeological research we gonna know some more. But until then lets not become all cetniks.

mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 17:35
Even if he mightn't have put it so diplomatically, he is right about creating a past though; new countries or countries gaining strength have a long history of doing just that. For example, when Sweden emerged as a great power, lots of things like this were made, including "proving" Sweden was actually ancient Atlantis. Until they actually find something under those hills*), I'll think of this as exactly such a thing.

*) which I find *extremely* unlikely, seeing no large or organized enough civilization have existed there since people started writing. Furthermore, the pyramids of Egypt have been great tourist attractions since the days of the Roman empire, and no pyramid in the Balkans have ever been mentioned.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 17:23
^ About the pyramids he could be right. But not about Bosniaks, Bosnia, or Islam.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 16:38

I'm not convinced about this pyramid thing. I have to agree with Voyager here. I also think this 'pyramid' is more of a giant mound construction, common in Europe in "those days". These mounds seem to be a lot bigger than mounds seen before though. But they look more like mounds than pyramids anyways. I'm not saying this this be annoying or negative (just as a pointer).

But keep the debate going. It's interesting.

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 16:07

<O</OI dont mind when someone counters my ideas using sound arguments (after all, this is a Forum), what bothers me is when someone uses nonsensical arguments. Lets see what you wrote:<O></O>

its so obvious you are jealous of Bosnians

<O</O

Why should I be jealous of a country which is only known for a stupid civil war in the 1990s?

or have a big problem with them

<O</O

What? Now it is forbidden to make a critique?

Are you from Serbia? Miss the good ole days of Milosevic?

You seem to have some real animosity against Bosnia for some reason. Would it bother you if they, or their predecessors built Pyramids? I just dont get it. Throughout your post you made personal attacks and drifted from making your point. Finally you ended it with the 5X per day image Mila has in her signature. What the hell does that have to do with Pyramids?

In any event, about pyramids...its basic design only makes sense. The reason cultures all over the world use this basic design is because it was the easiest way to build super heavy structures higher and higher and with their limited technology couldnt build these structures standing up.

I already explained what is (not) so special about pyramids within positivism and yet, you counter my argument invoking common sense. Common sense is just an ethnocentrism, which basically means the following: what is obvious for me is obvious for everyone else. If the past is all that obvious, then why the heck do we need history?

Well, lets all move over, Voyager is here, he knows it all.

You fool, I was adding to your explanation as well if you cant see that (and that part was posted for all, not to you specifically). Yes ancients looked to mountains. Also, cultures have always wanted to build bigger and taller structures (Tower of Babel, way way long ago). With their limited technology Pyramids only made sense.

Also, the way these pyramids are laid out seems to denote come kind of intelligent design.

Finally, I left the best to the end. Congratulations, you just entered in contradiction with what you said before. Positivists are not very smart, but at least they accept that humans make their own history. Now, intelligent design is just an euphemism to designate supernatural intervention in our world.

I didnt mean intelligent design in the way you think. Dont you see a triangle there looking over a valley? Perhaps they were build to protect the valley? I only meant that these buildings were planned and chosen at that particular spot for geographic features (3 hills overlooking a valley).

And of course now you insult my intelligence.

You sound like an arrogant ass. You are one of those people who get their cheap trills on pointing out the mistakes of others, I suppose to make up for your own self confidence. Perhaps not, I dont know. But still, you sound like arrogant ass.

Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 15:40

Mila

No, I am not Cetnik, Serb or even from the Balkans. I was only trying to have a reasonable conversation regarding the (mis)using of the past for political motivations. Yet, if the best answer that you can give me is insult, then I don't augur a nice future for Bosnia.

Also, the historical landmarks that you mentioned in order to "prove" a Bosnian past don't mean nothing if they are not part of a narrative that provides an identity to a people. There are also a lot of historical landmarks where I live and few people care about them because they are not important for their identities. Like I said before, Bosnians are today attempting to create a past. Yet, if you consider that calling someone "Serb" (who also live in Bosnia) is a valid insult, then if I had little expectations about Bosnia's future I have now even less.

Nice to meet you.

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 11:09
Firstly, Cetnik boy - the pyramids are not reflection of
Bosniaks or any Bosnians. If they're real, they were
built long before Slavs settled this part of the world.

"Now, the second part of the story. Bosnia is a
country with only a few years of existence, in other
words, it does not have a past, a memory, that can
give an identity to its inhabitants. This is even more
so in thecase of the group to which you belong Mila,
the so-called "Bosniaks". At least the Croasts and
the Serbs can still rely on their ethnic identities. And
it is here that is all the tragedy: a people trying to find
an identity. You said it yourself in one of your first
posts dated from 27/10/2005 regarding the finding of
the "pyramid""

You're so right.

We have absolutely no history of own.

No monuments to the 1992-1995 genocide, no
obscenely enormous cemeteries.

No Squares of Unity and Brotherhood, no Olympic
venues.

No Austro-Hungarian Central European districts.

No Ottoman-founded cities like Sarajevo and Mostar.
No mosques. No Muslims.

No Jajce, no Kotromanic dynasty.

No Stecci, Bosniak tombstones found nowhere else
in the world - which don't number in the tens of
thousands across the country.

No Bosnian Church, no Ban Kulin.

No Vrhbosna, no Solu.

No history whatsoever.

We were a suburb of Belgrade, but of course. And
we always described ourselves as such.

"You even attempted to make a connection between
Bosniak Muslims and Bosnian pagans"

? We're the same people, dumbass. Unless you
believe we settled here during the Ottoman Empire?
PLEASE tell me you're that kind of Serb, I love it when
their ignorence is plainly obvious to everyone - and
not just us.

By the way - what sort of communication program do
you people have? There have been at least 10 of you
joining in the last couple of weeks?

Anyhow, this thread is about the pyramids - not your
quest to deny an entire nation.

And thank you Loknar.

Edited by Mila
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 11:01

Loknar

I dont mind when someone counters my ideas using sound arguments (after all, this is a Forum), what bothers me is when someone uses nonsensical arguments. Lets see what you wrote:

its so obvious you are jealous of Bosnians

Why should I be jealous of a country which is only known for a stupid civil war in the 1990s?

or have a big problem with them

What? Now it is forbidden to make a critique?

In any event, about pyramids...its basic design only makes sense. The reason cultures all over the world use this basic design is because it was the easiest way to build super heavy structures higher and higher and with their limited technology couldnt build these structures standing up.

I already explained what is (not) so special about pyramids within positivism and yet, you counter my argument invoking common sense. Common sense is just an ethnocentrism, which basically means the following: what is obvious for me is obvious for everyone else. If the past is all that obvious, then why the heck do we need history?

Also, the way these pyramids are laid out seems to denote come kind of intelligent design.

Finally, I left the best to the end. Congratulations, you just entered in contradiction with what you said before. Positivists are not very smart, but at least they accept that humans make their own history. Now, intelligent design is just an euphemism to designate supernatural intervention in our world.

PS - In an early post, a lot of emoticons smiling appeared in the middle of my sentences. I don't understand very well how they did get there, so I just deleted them.

Edited by Voyager
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2006 at 21:15

Voyager, its so obvious you are jealous of Bosnians or have a big problem with them. Your comment seems to denote that Bosnians are some new ethnicity...Grow up.

Are there actual inside structures to these pyramids in Bosnia?

Edited by Loknar
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2006 at 17:11

Mila

Sorry to disapoint you, but all the evidence I've seen so far in this thread indicates that this "pyramid" is just a natural mound with remains of human ocupation. That is something that is quite common throughout Europe, with thousands of similar hills like that. Also, the man responsible for this "discovery" is anything but reliable: just a second-hand copy of Indiana Jones. He even wore the (fantasy) hat that in public imagination is associated with archaeologists in order to give himself more credibility. All this not to mention a lot of crap that I saw in some pictures such as the "tunnel", which is just a small hole made in the ground. Actually this story should be hilarious for me, if it wasn't simultaneously tragic. What we are seeing here is just another example of the past being used for political reasons grounded in our contemporary world.

First of all, some clarifications about pyramids. Unbeknownst to many people is that there isn't nothing special about pyramids.These structures are just the imitation of mountains. And since pre-history, mountains have been sacred for humanity. Since mountains touch the Heavens, they are the places where gods live and since they also connect Heavens and Earth they are also the place where gods and humanity meet. The first mounts that were sacred were obviously natural features. Think about Mount Olympus in Greece or Mount Fuji in Japan. Only on a later date humans started to build artificial structures to imitate them. And even so pyramids are not the oldest of them. The oldest are the shell mounds (albeit not exactly pyramid-looking) that appeared in the Mesolithic.

The reason why many people is not aware of this is because positivist archaeologists stripped material culture from its symbolic dimension, considering it too much "subjective". According to these archaeologists the analysis of technological features is a more objective form of studying the past (as if this wasn't a subjective position). Actually, they are just loking themselves at the mirror. Since thanks to science, technology became higly prized in the Western world, the main concern of these archaeologists is finding material culture with a degree of technical complexity. So, the more complex, the more civilised that civilisation is. This  is just a subtle way of legitimating contemporary society fetish for technology. That this idea influenced you is obvious in one of your posts dated from 27/10/05 (and I quote)

A large structure made of individual blocks of stone built into a triangular shape I'd call a pyramid. A heap of soil and rocks pied up by man I'd call a mound.

Another member, Maju, also made similar positivist observations in a post of 28/10/05, when he said that in order to build pyramids it was necessary a

Strong social organisation (...) [and a] relative advanced science/technology.

He even calls in a later post to pyramids and megaliths a fashion. This is typical of positivism thought. No concern at all with the human dimension of material culture.

Now, the second part of the story. Bosnia is a country with only a few years of existence, in other words, it does not have a past, a memory, that can give an identity to its inhabitants. This is even more so in the case of the group to which you belong Mila, the so-called "Bosniaks". At least the Croasts and the Serbs can still rely on their ethnic identities. And it is here that is all the tragedy: a people trying to find an identity. You said it yourself in one of your first posts dated from 27/10/2005 regarding the finding of the "pyramid"

...for Bosnia, it's an enormous deal. Croats and Serbs have long insisted that Bosnian pagans were an isolated, simple people.

You are attempting to use something that within positivist archaeology is seen as old, prestigious and a mark of great civilisation. Your "pyramid" is even compared with those of Meso-America. In this way you can reclaim an identity for your people and against the Serbs and Croats. Actually, it was not an incident that the "discoverer" is a Bosnian amateur (is he Bosniak?). You even attempted to make a connection between Bosniak Muslims and Bosnian pagans (that story about Europe's "oldest" living community) saying the similarities between both are notorious.

To sum up, for me, all this story is just a sham, for you, is an attempt to build an identity. I wish you luck, but personally, I don't belive that Bosnia has a future.

PS - "Muslims do it 5X a day". Yes, I know. It's praying. Unfortunately.

Edited by Voyager
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:44
ummmm, no, this is a lie
docyabut View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 10:59

Great pictures Mila

There are small little pyramids found all over in the African jungles. Like someone just put stones on top of stones.There is a evolution of the pyramid . However what they are for is interesting. Tombs?  I`d  be more interested in the kings that they were made for. 

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 22:18

The other pyramids "identified" in the area have been roughly mapped.

Universities from Australia, Scotland, Austria and Slovenia are sending experts and one described the site as the biggest archeological investigation for Europe this year.

Edited by Mila
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>