Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World Affairs Prediction Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Affairs Prediction Game
    Posted: 04-May-2005 at 17:48

My predictions for the next 20 years

2:1 the US has a domestic meltdown based on the far right push we are currently undergoing

5:1 China becomes a fascist nation in all but name

1:1 Rick Santorum turns out to be a closeted gay

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 16:22
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

A risky one: I'll bet 10:1 that Blair will win the British elections tomorrow.

I'll ACCEPT. I bet 10.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 13:52
A risky one: I'll bet 10:1 that Blair will win the British elections tomorrow.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 12:23
Has learning history given you insight into how the world works? Does this makes you good at assessing and predicting current international events? Do you think you are good at it? Are you willing to bet on that?

Now you can; virtually if you play this game, of course.

Make predictions on what international events will happen within the next week. Offer odds to entice people to bet on it. Accept bets from other players. At the end of the round, a game master tabulates the results and declares who is the rounds winner, the best international affair guru from AE.

Let me illustrate: you predict that U.S. will close the Mexican border within the next week. You are so sure of this that you give 3:1 oddsthis is, you will give three virtual dollars if you are wrong for every virtual dollar that the other player accepts to risk. A person accepts your offer betting 20 virtual dollars. If at the end of the round you are correct, the game master will adds 20 points to your total and takes 20 points away from the other person.

Remember, only international affairs predictions qualify. Lets focus on diplomatic, political, military, or economic actions or statements.

When you are ready, post your bets on this thread.

Here are the rules of the game:

All players start with $1000 virtual dollars starting at their first participation. Only integer bets are allowed.

Every player donates $10 per round for a jackpot to give to the person with the top score at the end of the round.

To place a bet, write a post describing your prediction, give your odds, and write in uppercase letter the word: OFFER. If you want to stop taking bets, repost your offer with the word CLOSED added to it. A player can only have one open offer per prediction.

If you want to accept a bet offer, give the name of the player, quote his post, write the amount that you are betting, and write in uppercase letters the word: ACCEPT. As long as the offer is open, all accept posts are binding to the two parties.

All deals are final. The deadline to make, accept, or close an offer is Tuesday at 11:59 P.M. GMT.

After assessing if the predictions happened or not, I will tabulate the results and publish them on Wednesday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12