Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMore- should Turkey join the EU???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: More- should Turkey join the EU???
    Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:11
Originally posted by Mortaza

well Infact There is not a kurdish alphabet. I dont understand why do they use w and q?  any  idea cent?

by the way,there is q in Turkish langauge. For Exp. Kazm.

You mean the sound of Q, but not Q itself. All sounds of Q's are replaced as K in Turkish.  Quran > Kuran. The Turkish alphabets have no Q, W, or X. They will be translated into K, V, and Ks in Turkish.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:27

Yes, turkish alphabet have no q, but Turkish langauge has. So I dont think  this q or w thing has related with turkish  langauge or kurdish langauge.

Infact  why w or x is much important for kurdish nationalist? I am curious about this.  they can write their words just like  turks. whyare they deliberately using w or q? we cannot say because It is kurdish alphabet, because there is not a kurdish alphabet. Even their literature is new.

Do they want to differentiate their alphabet from turkish one?

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:37

Originally posted by Kapikulu

It is not an abnormal thing for many countries' soldiers to intervene when things had gone wrong.And even if sometimes the procedure goes wrong, they do it to defend the true democracy and freedom.
   This is truly an oxymoron. Thanks for the laugh!

Orhan Pamuk's last words after he took the prize was: " It is a great pride for me that anybody hadn't to this prize ceremony from the Turkish state"
Mmm, I don't really understand what you mean but he obviously meant that he really doesn't like Turkish government officials.

Therefor you statement:

So this shows Orhan Pamuk's true identity, a probable world citizen  and a real traitor who can be proud of seeing no Turks in his prize ceremony...
is completely wrong and you calling him a "traitor" is approaching the definition of "hate-mail".

Originally posted by Cent

Hehe, Yesterday I was watching the news, and there they said that 20 people got punished because they used q and p, which are not in the Turkish language, but the Kurdish. DEMOCRATIC HUH? People can't use other languages than Turkish in a demonstration... ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/25/turk.letters. reut/index.html

Originally posted by Phallanx

Maybe Yiannis would care to give more info but as I recall, Samos was captured by the Ottomans in 1550 or 60 and won a form of independence in the 1830's (originally revolted in 1821 lead by Logothetis) only to be annexed to Hellas after the Balkan wars..

History of Samos in a nutshell: http://www.samosin.gr/topohistoryuk.htm

Yes, turkish Infact  why w or x is much important for kurdish nationalist? I am curious about this.  they can write their words just like  turks. whyare they deliberately using w or q?

What I don't understand is why should you care how they like to write?  Since when is misspelling a punishable offense?

Edited by Yiannis
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:39

Infact  why w or x is much important for kurdish nationalist? I am curious about this.  they can write their words just like  turks. whyare they deliberately using w or q? we cannot say because It is kurdish alphabet, because there is not a kurdish alphabet. Even their literature is new.

Yes, to some degree, you are right that they want to be differenciated by using Q instead of K which will give a similar sound. However, since they are allowed recently to broadcaste in Kurdish inside Turkey and Kurds speak Kurdish at their homes, they need more letters to suit the Kurdish pronounciation. For example, to say welcome in Kurdish, it will be "be xerhati" where X here is like Kh as in Khurasan in Persian & Arabic or Ch as in Munich in German. By using Turkish alphabets, you cannot get closer to the sound of X .

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Alkiviades View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:43

Don't they have the right to write their language any way they want to?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:54

Alkiviades did I say they dont?

by the way, they just used x and q,  there is not any kurdish formal instutition who have right to build a new alphabet. So who are they is another question?

ok Ge again we have similar words use. I mean they can explain themself with turkish alphbet too. So their aim is do differentiate, turkish and kurdish alphabet. So I dont think they are innocent writer who have nothing with politics. Infact their campaing is to destroy a common alphabet between turks and kurds.

Even I accept stupidy of banning alphabet, aim was not against kurdish langauge. It is just a stupid law for now.

No need to show it as anti-kurdish law. Infact It was against to arabic alphabet.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:12
that punishment is honestly just ridiculous!! They should start punishing some Turkish tv channels for using those words and of using express english words!
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:38
The state television itself uses those letters in the Kurdish programs. The reality is that despite the recent freedoms that are provided, the judiciary organ consists of some conservatist people and the executive or legislative organs cannot interfere them since there's the seperation of powers. This is a wrong action done by one court and they should appeal a higher court. If the appealing court doesn't change the decision they can go to ECHR. This is the normal procedure. The government (I'm not saying that they support this or not) cannot interfere the job of the judiciary now.
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 08:34
Phallanx wrote:
"Leonidas, what I fail to understand is point 1.

Why on earth reward them for literally doing something in their own benefit, shouldn't the reform and thus the better way of life, (by accomplishing points 2,3,4) be demanded by the people of Turkey instead of the EU any EU, why do we see it as if they're doing us a favor ?"

If they met the requiremets they are doing us a favour. Why should we reward them to comply? Becuase its better than if the dont. Success or not,  it is no skin of greece's back, its more like you tell me what greece or cyprus has to lose?

"
the country has been, is and obviously will be ruled by the military goons for a long time to come..."
well thats a bit dramatic, I know there is underlying tension between those that want to reform (erdogan himself did prison for a poem if i remember right) and the establisment. The EU process helps tip the favour to those that want change. The military dont actually run the country, they influence it and are supported by like minded people in other areas.

EU will not reward them if this isnt changed, so let the pressure build.

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 08:56

Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

3. when the state crackdowns violently (as the Ottomans usually did) complaining to the Great Powers, whose newspapers would write about 'Infidels killing poor Christians by the millions', giving them excuses to attack the Ottoman Empire

This is totally inaccurate the least I could say..

Where were the "Great Powers" and exactly how do we see their assistance, would it be in the face of Rigas Velinstinlis, that attempted to upraise the subjects and in return was arrested by the Austrians and handed over to the Ottomans only to be found strangled in Belgrade in 1798.

Or would it be the Great Powers assistance seen in the deeds of the Russian Tzar. The same Tzar that denounced any participation to A. Ypsilantis 'plan' and stated that the Sultan was allowed to 'handle the rebelous as he choosed', just to satisfy his reaction to Ypsilantis' involvement.
The Sultan issued an order to the Muslim religious leader to slaughter the Christians, he and two prime ministers that refused which lead to their execution. Dispite their original rejections, the persecution of several thousand Hellines throughout the land but especially in Constantinoupoli wasn't avoided.

How about the French, who were giving advice to the Ottomans as seen in Navarino with the Admiral Lieu....(something)

Or would it be the British that dispatched E.Cordington (after PM G.Canning's death) for destroying the Ottoman fleet in Navarino, which interestingly enough, they obviously didn't want...

Should I continue with the bloodsucking loans that never arrived or the ships allegedly bought with these exact loans that again were invisible..

There undoubtably was some assistance in the later part of the revolution, but not as you present it, the so-called "Great Powers" literally didn't give a damn untill Egypt got into the 'game'...

Although the ex-Ottoman subjects were disappointed by the Great Powers several times, it is obvious that non of them could be independent without their support. The Treaties of Kuchuk Kaynarca (1774), Treaty of Edirne/Adrianopolis (1829), Treaty of Haghiastephanos  (1878) and Treaty of Berlin (1878) show how the Great Powers supported the independences or autonomies of the Christian subjects of the Ottoman Empire and how Russia acted as the protector of the Orthodoxes. Finaly, the Treaty of Sevres show that how eager they were to share even the lands that were mainly habited by Turks.

You mention the advices of a Frenchman to Ottomans at Navarino but you don't say that the Ottoman navy was destroyed by the Great Powers there.  

So, in the final analysis, despite the few disappointments of the ex-Ottoman subjects, they owe their independence to the Great Powers.

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 09:47
Beylerbeyi worte:
"I would agree that Turks have a master attitude going towards the ex-subject peoples, but I don't think how big a factor this would be in determining foreign policy."

From some of the general leadership/ and especalliy the military.  i neva actaully got this from any turk i met, unless they were being really polite.

For instance the aegean, greece has a legal right to expand the boundaries. Im not going into the actual conflict itself but the reaction from turkey. First thought - "We can not let them do this, they will squeeze us out of the aegean ", this is a clear case fortess mentality/ paranioa thing we discussed earlier. The logic is somehow greece is going to get an advantage over turkey and that cant be a good thing. Second (its action/policy) this is the grey zones
policy led by the Turk airforce; send over the airforce ; buzz jets, fly low over the greek islands and dogfight with real weapons. "If they go ahead we will go to war, we will talk but, no court and no extension boundaries". This to me is a either a extreme fortress reaction or/with puting the greeks in their place .. a master like attitude.

This I think, is becuase foreign policy is a military infleunced, why does ozkok talk about forien policy? he is a soldier not a diplomat.

"
Probably Turks killed more subjects than vice-versa (even excluding Armenians deportations of 1915), but it was because Turks were the ruling side- able to use state terror, not because Greeks or Serbs were nice, fluffy people... "

No we were not.. Ive seen b/w photos of some Freedom fighters from nth greece, they dont look like the type that are goin to forgive you and let you walk away. Not to mention the men and women of Mani.
Though the balkans people won their freedom, it was a one sided fight and i think your "probably" would be a definatly. Morea lost, i think, 1 in 5 people itself during that time, it can only be estimates but the picture is alot died (inc the muslim minority)

I do doubt the great powers wanted to help out that much, russia mainly did at the end.  The french and british intervention that was started by the turkish ships firing first, so drawing them in. Also it wasnt in the interst of many western empires to upset the balance at that time. They where only looking out to take advantage of the situation (not of their own doing) but i dont think they wanted the ottomans to fall. (with the excpetion of russia)

For instance the all powerful rothschilds family reaction to greek independance was not supportive becuase of it was disturbing this order and more impotantly their business.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 15:45

] I can just laugh to these claims. It had been truly 25 years after a military junta has intervened into governmental issues. With the latest reforms made for EU integration and even constitutional reforms, it had been seen that government has the power..

You may laugh all you like, unfortunately the search engine on the "Turkish Daily Press" site sucks big time, otherwise I'd have the pleasure of posting their pic.
A pic of the "Turkish National Staff" that, as seen in the pic is comprised by a bunch of dudes in military uniforms and medals hanging from their chest... but then again, it must have been an older pic of Erdogan and his cabinet during last halloween while they were "trick or treating"...

When I see Turkish generals making political statements that contain the phrase "act of war", with not a single reaction by your goverment..  that,  dear friend, means the goverment has NO power over them...

I would love it if the goverment of Hellas just went and said: "it's my right to do so based on international laws, so of NOW, the borders are 12 miles... Then we'd see what will happen..

Originally posted by  

] In fact so called war was started by Armenians and you know it.....

you're talking about Turks here! .....

yet why do you think Turkey is about join the EU without recognizing the so called genocide?

Firstly I never mentioned Armenians, Janissary did and no sorry, I know the history issue of ethnic cleansing of Anatolia quite differently, I know the internationally accepted version that you claim to be a lie but that isn't the issue here...

Well, Turk, Bulgarian, Romanian, American, German...etc. makes absolutely no difference to me.. Unless you believe it should, which I don't understand.
What on earth does "you're talking to Turks" mean, should I feel intimidated or something, is this some claim of superior knowledge of historic facts... anyway don't bother, I simply don't care..

Finally, EU membership is some 10-15yrs away, there are specific issues on the table and more will be added as time passes. If you and your compatriots believe that, "hey we're in", you're obviously far from reality..

kotumeyil

You are speaking generally while I am specifically speaking about Hellas and our war of independance in 1821, which was the issue brought up by Beylerbeyi.. The treaties, exept that of "Andrianopole" had nothing to do with our independence. But even that was an already done deal, we had already freed the major part of Hellas..

As for the British involvement, you must have missed it, cause I specifically mention  "the dispatchment of E.Cordington (after PM G.Canning's death) for destroying the Ottoman fleet in Navarino"

Their eye as always was only set on economic benefits, obviously the dispatchment as many other "mysterious" little issues came after a good deal, better than what they had with us..

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 17:20

You are speaking generally while I am specifically speaking about Hellas and our war of independance in 1821, which was the issue brought up by Beylerbeyi...

This is not true. Just a few messages back I wrote;

As to the bad memories of Greeks, well, Turks have bad memories too. Most people in Turkey have a family branch who had to leave their lands in the Balkans or the Caucasus. And Greeks have killed many Turks in rebellions as well. The typical tactic of rebels in the Ottoman Empire (Greek, Armenian, Serb, Bulgarian, you name it) was:

1. forming small militias,

2. attacking local Turkish villages to provoke an intervention by the state

3. when the state crackdowns violently (as the Ottomans usually did) complaining to the Great Powers, whose newspapers would write about 'Infidels killing poor Christians by the millions', giving them excuses to attack the Ottoman Empire

4. joining forces with the invading Great Power armies to ethnically clean (killings, deportations, whatever) the Turks from the newly gained territory

In this process many people from all sides have been killed or disposed. Of course sometimes the Great Powers wouldn't intervene and the rebels (and civilians) would be massacred. Probably Turks killed more subjects than vice-versa (even excluding Armenians deportations of 1915), but it was because Turks were the ruling side- able to use state terror, not because Greeks or Serbs were nice, fluffy people...

As anyone can see, this is about general tactics of the minorities in the Ottoman Empire. Exactly what Kotumeyil was talking about. It was YOU who brought up 1821, quoting the point 3 there. Which means that you are either unable to comprehend such a clearly written text, or lying to score points.

Well, Turk, Bulgarian, Romanian, American, German...etc. makes absolutely no difference to me..

This is another highly visible lie. You read more Turkish news than most Turks on this site, and we all know why...

When I see Turkish generals making political statements that contain the phrase "act of war", with not a single reaction by your goverment..

Two more lies. That statement was made by the National Security Council, which is half military half civilian, not 'Turkish generals'. Secondly it is not true that there was no reaction from the government. That point was debated.

I surely think that this council should not exist, and the generals should not talk about foreign policy, it is not democratic at all. This is a given. But you distort the news to say 'Turkey is ruled by the generals', which is not true. They have a lot of influence in some matters, yes but rule Turkey? No. 

This sort of manipulation is what you do all the time.

I would love it if the goverment of Hellas just went and said: "it's my right to do so based on international laws, so of NOW, the borders are 12 miles... Then we'd see what will happen..

Why you'd love to see that? Do you want Turkey to have more islands in the Aegean or what?  Luckily for both sides your politicans are not that stupid.

Edited by Beylerbeyi
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 19:19
Originally posted by

] As anyone can see, this is about general tactics of the minorities in the Ottoman Empire. Exactly what Kotumeyil was talking about. It was YOU who brought up 1821, quoting the point 3 there. Which means that you are either unable to comprehend such a clearly written text, or lying to score points.

This is the second time (and a third and fourth below) you're refering towards my posts and mention lies and manipulation, I strongly suggest you change you act..
I have NEVER posted anything that is a manipulated version of anything... If you don't understand what you write, that is your prob..

READ what you posted..

As to the bad memories of Greeks, well, Turks have bad memories too....

And Greeks have killed many Turks in rebellions as well.

So do you care to reconsider exactly WHO brought up 1821, unless by rebelion you mean something else than the evident ???

This is another highly visible lie. You read more Turkish news than most Turks on this site, and we all know why...

As I've said before you haven't seen bashing, you don't know what the experience will feel like, but if you continue and push goes to shove, I guarantee you will find out exactly how my "No Turkey in the EU" bashing works, just so you understand the difference..

As for my interest in foreign news articles or anything related to the Balkans, Aegean and economy, it's not my fault the Turkish members aren't interested in what goes on around them, that is strictly your (general) problem..

Learn to use the internet as a source of knowledge, but don't go around blaiming others that have seen it's real purpose, while you're into chat rooms with 12yr olds.. or shakin the tree in some site

Two more lies. That statement was made by the National Security Council, which is half military half civilian, not 'Turkish generals'. Secondly it is not true that there was no reaction from the government. That point was debated.

Are you honestly in here looking for an argument, don't you even comprehend what YOU post????

I see it's difficult cause the "phonoreception" is some how limited....

What did I say ???

When I see Turkish generals making political statements that contain the phrase "act of war"

(the no reaction is irrelevent)

NOW what did you say ????

. That statement was made by the National Security Council, which is half military half civilian 

What the hell are the half military YOU mention ...

Oh, so they're not Generals, OK, lieutenants or private or whatever the hell rank they may be,  simple, ARE THEY MILITAY OR NOT ????

Why do you go around speaking of lies and intentional manipulation when you, yourself just a couple of lines down accept that they are MILITARY and DO HAVE INFLUENCE:

I surely think that this council should not exist, and the generals should not talk about foreign policy, it is not democratic at all. This is a given. But you distort the news to say 'Turkey is ruled by the generals', which is not true. They have a lot of influence in some matters, yes but rule Turkey? No. 

This sort of manipulation is what you do all the time

Besides, the "ruled by the military goons for a long time to come" comment is my PERSONAL opinion, so please enlighten us, exactly HOW the hell does someone manipulate his PERSONAL beliefs while presenting them..
Do you have any inside info that I was thinking of posting something different but in the process something came over me and I intentionally manipulated the original idea while posting...

You're honestly NOT worth the time I spend posting an answer, so please  end it here.. you can say nothing of interest to me simply because you show what you represent in your following comment...

Why you'd love to see that? Do you want Turkey to have more islands in the Aegean or what?  Luckily for both sides your politicans are not that stupid.

Blah, Blah, Blah... another underaged child that hasn't yet seen a gun (well maybe exept one of those that 12yr olds play "cops and robbers" with) speaks of conquering lands...
But that is the quality of discussion you can offer... "Turkey will take your islands", "Turkey is powerfull" , "Turkey has a population of 70 mil. while little Hellas has only 10", "we will turn Rhodes into a Turkish summer resort"....etc..

My nephew makes a better argument than you...

I just might quote him in my next post...

Edited by Phallanx
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 19:44
Guys, please calm down.
I know is hard to stop finger pointing and that this type of topics are always involving bitter argumentations.
Regards
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 20:25

Time to check your temperatures folks. This tennis match seems to be making a few highlight reels.

Who's winning?

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 08:37
Who's winning?
Well not dialogue

Phallanx it is not as black and white as you think. And you provoke people by being so black and white about everything.This should not be about generalised statements and point scoring.

Neither side wants a war, becuase neither side is a push over, it simply costs to much in life ,cash and strength. So while the ozkok and company can be quite inflamatory you have to understand the internal reasons why such things are said;  it is as much a thing about the conservatives vs the reformers as the turkish miliatry vs the greek military. Tensions are just as great along the interanl fault lines as they are in the aegean. Believe it or not i dont think Greece is their biggest issue right now depite such statements.

As for how your talking to Beylerbeyi, you should be ashamed of youself.

He has provided me with more intelligent discussion than any other so far, we dont fully agree or disagree,  but if you actually read what is posted- nothing but respect has been shown on both sides-

That is how you should approach the subject.

Edited by Leonidas
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 08:51

well let me remember our main problems.

1. Some woman treated childs not fine.They should  be hanged.(I am not humanist)

2. Arabs decided to build biggest skyscraper Istanbul ever saw, and we are discussing If It would make istanbul more beatiful or not.

3. A professor accused  with some crime.

No greece. Infact last year, we dont remember greece  much without EU.

well lets accept, We remember greece, with Tugce KAZAZ too.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 13:18
Leonidas.. well sorry but that's the way I see it, strictly black and white, if it is correct or not to you, is actually a matter of perspective, but isn't every opinion a matter of such critisism..

Ashamed ??

For what, for being accused 4-5 consecutive times in some 5-6 posts of being a lier and manipulating texts/news and of course without ever being given the very proof that this did take place.. Sorry, but I just can't while he has undoubtably had a very interesting discussion with you, from his very first post directed towards me, I see the exact opposite intention..

Respect is something you gain, you just can't demand it and especially not after insulting and provoking the "lier that manipulates"... but then again that's my black and white logic..

Anyway, as for the entrance in the EU, I'm honestly starting to believe that the reason Turkey is continuously provoking... be it by threats of war, (that accordinng to Article 2.4 of the UN Charter are unacceptable)  rediculous fines for using foreign letters just to humiliate Kurds, judicial decisions beyond any logic....etc.. the only reason I can find for such screw ups, is because Turkey doesn't really want to enter the EU as a full member.

Perhaps they just wanted to get their foot in the door so that money, lots of money will enter their pockets.... As I recall Erdogan has repeatedly said that their main objective/interest was for talks to begin...
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 07:48

Anyway, as for the entrance in the EU, I'm honestly starting to believe that the reason Turkey is continuously provoking... be it by threats of war, (that accordinng to Article 2.4 of the UN Charter are unacceptable)  rediculous fines for using foreign letters just to humiliate Kurds, judicial decisions beyond any logic....etc.. the only reason I can find for such screw ups, is because Turkey doesn't really want to enter the EU as a full member.

In Turkey it is used one alphabet. This official aplhabet is used in education and daily life. How do you expect that there should be as many alphabet for every minorities in a single country?

If your answer is yes so Greece should accept that Turks in Greece should use Turkish alphabet. Persians, Russians, Bulgarians should accept Turkish alphabet too...... This is nonsense...

In Turkey there are not different policies determined independently by military. This is a Greek dream. Since the Turkish army are their biggest fear they are trying to do something. Turkish foreign policies are determined by civil authorities alomg with military . This is so in every country. Turkish army is a part of Turkish society and state.

Greece has no right to expend its sea and air borders in Agean Sea without Turkey's appoval. Turkey's stance in the issue is not opposing everything in favor of Greece, it is simply preserving our rights to go to open seas in international waters without getting permission of Greece. So you cannot change the status quo in the Agean Sea determined by two countries in the past. You have to see that this is one of the vital interests of Turkey and do not force it too much since vital interests may create wars. Turkey is not demanding anything from Greece but in fact Greece wants "something" from Turkey.

In fact the Greece's policy is "everything bad for Turkey should be my policy".

As Harriri event with Syria showed that any country who supports a terrorist activity in another state should be punished. The relation between Greece and PKK terrorist organization is very well documented. Not in one event as in the Harriri case but during years and many events Greece has supported terrorist activities against Turkey. Do not talk to us about democracy, human rights and other lies as being a supporter of fascist and terrorist Greek state and officials.

It was Greek military who organized coup d'etat in Cyprus in 1974 before the Turkish intervention. This fascist mind is still influential inside Greek state and army. If this mentality continues to be dominant in Greece, the necessary steps will be taken by Turkey. You will live as a mature and civilised manner or these will be teached you sooner or later. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>