- they invaded/conquered upto Europe/Tyrrhenia/Italy/Greece & Libya/Egypt.
- beyond the pillars of Hercules (tho this is disupted). Hercules visited Atlas, Hesperides in far west, and Hades.
- mention of Gadeira/"Gades".
- Atlas mountains are in westernmost end of N Africa (and analogously mirror the Andes in S America).
- Atlantis was in the "Atlantic".
- one or more classical Atlantis sources says Atlantis was "west/western". "3 islands of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades in west(ern sea)"?
- Kirchir's map.
- The statue in Azores pointing west with word cati/cates "this way".
- Atlantis as "remotest", "ends of earth" fits Peru in west coast of South America (in western end of Pangaea) better than east coast of America(s).
- Urani/Amenti/Aaru in the west may match Atlantis?
- Some link Atlantis with Tartessos which is supposed to have been in Spain in the west?
- "Thoth was born in a distant country to the west...."
- Poseidon, "the real ocean", & Atlantic indicate water/sea/ocean. The western hemisphere has more water than eastern hemisphere.
- Although some maps show Atlantis city/plain on the south(-east) side, some maps show it on the south(-west) side.
- Antarctica is too far down to be "western", "opposite the Pillars of Hercules", "in the Atlantic" in all map projections (except possibly the Piri Reis map?)
Some of the locations &/or linguistics/toponomy of these are disputed by various people, but to me the Account is clear that it was in the western direction. So we can discard such sites as Indonesia/Sundaland.
4.2. North or south? South not north:
From the evidences listed below the South has stronger case and the North has weaker case.
4.2a. Evidences for south (and against north):
- The statue in Azores pointing west with word cati/cates "this way" (in Quechua).
- The Atlantis Account says "then under the sun" (as pointed out by Hancock in his 'Sign & Seal' book). Peru/Bolivia was once on/near the equator in a pole shift map. The Egyptian's "top/up" was south.
- "faced south" "sheltered from north wind(s)"*? Flem-Ath said the (?w) coast of (?N) America [hence also (?S) America] faced south in a pole shift map? (Maybe compare Hyperborea? Herodotus also theorised Hypernotians.)
- South America is centered further east than North America, which fits Atlantis between; and Africa sticks out further than Spain/Europe, which fits less distance/duration voyage.
- Atlantis as "remotest", "ends of earth" fits Peru in South America in tropic of Capricorn latitude band & southern hemisphere better than North America.
- Recent findings are that the oldest in Americas are in (the east not west of N America, and in) the South not North of the Americas.
- the 3 islands of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades in the west might possibly match N America, S America, and Anarctica?
- the Atlantis Plain was in the mid-point of the longest side of the island, which matches Peru/Bolivia in S America (or S America between N America & Antarctica?)
- Atlanteans conquered "from next Libya to Egypt"? Some classical Atlantis sources say Atlantis was days sail from Africa/Libya. Africa sticks out further than Europe/Spain.
- That some sources say Spain & Africa/Libya rather than Europe & Libya/Africa? An early European anthropomorphic map of Europe had the crown on south-western-most Spain (in south-western-most Europe).
- Assyrian depictions of Toakkari 'Sea Peoples' bearing South America fan palm.
- Poseidon, "the real ocean", & Atlantic indicate water/sea/ocean. The southern hemisphere has more water.
- Most all high cultures/civilisations arose in the tropic of cancer latitutde band (a.k.a. the 10 40 belt, the resistant belt, the pyramid belt). But at least one (Peruvian) was in the tropic of capricorn latitude band.
- Kirchir's map seems to closely match/fit South America (and does not fit North America, though it is a little bit similar). Although his Atlantis is opposite the pillars between "America" and Spain & Africa, his Atlantis is centred abit more south (& east) than his "America" which is centred abit more north (& west) just like the 2 Americas are (now and/or might have more been if there was a continental shift?) South America is opposite/facing the Pillars of Hercules on some map projections. There is possible evidence of tilted compass points. Compare Zanne's map.
- Piri Reis map mainly shows South (& Central) America and not any much of North America (except Florida)?
- (The north pole was at one time then in North America, and) North America was alot covered with ice at sometime/s then.
- the Ethiopian sea or Erythrean sea was the South Atlantic.
- Bolton's dowsing result for Atlantis (which i witnessed) was South Atlantic. (Kathy's dowsing result which i witnessed was Antarctica.)
- Gadeira might possibly be Agadir not Gades/Cadiz?
- "Necho's fleet went south" ["searching for Atlantis"]?
- (Atlantis could only be in the Americas (or Armorica plate).) In orthodox history/archaeology books the oldest agriculture/civilisation in Americas is in Peru.
- (Atlantis could only be in the Americas (or Armorica plate).) We searched all around the Americas and only Peru matches all the details of the Account (civilisation, mountains, plain, the sea, etc), nowhere else in North/Central/South America matches.
- Some identify Atlantis with Phaeacia/Scheria [which is also disputed whether north of south?] Phaeacians/Scherians were dark? (Perhaps note the theory that Colchis was in Peru area?)
4.2b. Evidences for north vs south:
- Atlantis Account says "sheltered from the north (wind)"
- N/C America is more opposite the Pillars of Hercules than South America. (Plus if there was a continental shift then South America would have been even more further down.)
- The statue in Azores pointed west not south-west?
- "in the Atlantic sea, on the coast of Europe" - Marcellinus. "not far to the west of Europe ... memory of a larger island" Proclus.
- No crossing of equator mentioned in the Account (unless perhaps the "then under the sun").
- The Plain being in the mid-point of the island could match Caribbean/Mesoamerica?
- Strabo's 1000/1200/1500 stades extension of Spain [and "sacred promonitory" of Spain?]?
- Spanuth says the "north Sea Peoples" (and says "Atlantis of the North").
- Nikas' reading "from Europe to Tyrrhenia" and "from next Libya to Egypt" seemingly could imply
4.2c. Evidences for north and/or/nor south:
- "whatever the extremity of winter frost or summer sun does not prevent" / "where excessive cold or heat does not prevent it" Tim 23a. ["The climate of Atlantis was once extremely good; a gentile breeze blew constantly...." Critias 115, 118; Dio Sic 5:19.] "They had 2 harvests a year, a winter one ... and a summer one...." / "Twice in a year they gathered the fruits of the earth - in winter ... and in summer...." Crit 119a.