Chapter 45. Pope Leo 1 = Majorian (West) &/or Leo 1 (East).
The first (33 or) 45 popes at least of the early popes list are positively proven to be fake in that we have shown that the positively match the Roman emperors from Nero to Constantine 1 to Majorian (West) or Leo 1 (East).
"(45th) Pope Leo 1 Magnus" is a fake, he certainly seems to match either/both the Roman emperor(s) (Petronius Maximus &/or) Julius Majorianus (&/or Libius Severus??) (West), and/or, (Marcian(us) &/or) Leo 1 the Great (East)?
(We haven't finished this chapter yet as we haven't finished going through the pope's and the emperors' long biographies yet. There may be even more strong evidences yet.)
- pope Leo 1 (West (& East) "pope") name Leo (1) Magnus/"the Great" "hypostatic union" (issue "concerning the monophysite heresy"?) - Marcianus (East) name (Flavius) Marcianus. - Petronius Maximus (West) name (Flavius Petronius) Maximus. - Julius Majorianus (West emp) name juLius (Valerius) Majorianus - emp Leo 1 (East emp) name (Flavius Valerius) Leo (1) "the Great". (Leonid dynasty.) (Western Emp Julius Nepos 474-475-480 was nephew-in-law of Leo 1.)
- pope Leo 1 reign 440-451-Nov 461, 21 yrs, 50 yo - 71 yo. Feast 18 Feb. - Petronius Maximus (West) reign 455. b c 396? - Julius Majaorianus (West) reign 457-461, 4yrs. b Nov 420. - Marcian (East) reign 450-457. - emp Leo 1 the Great (East) reign 7 Feb 457-18 Jan 474. b c 400. (Leonid dynasty 457-518.)
- pope Leo 1 "convinced Attila & Huns to turn back 451". "Prevented Genseric from destroying Rome by making him moderate his troops' outrages." - Julius Majorian(us) fine soldier, peace treaty Vandals 461 - emp Leo 1 the Great [Was contemporary of/with Majorian; Not sure if is or isn't a personal match? Dispatched an expedition to recover Carthage from the Vandals in 468? served as an attendant of the Gothic commander-in-chief of the army.... ...began promoting the Isaurians as a counterweight to Aspar's Goths.... ... Gothic power over the army was broken? pacification of the Danube frontier and peace with Persia?]
- pope Leo 1 (West (& East) pope) Etruria, Roman Empire. Also revered as St in Eastern church. Ecumenical Council of Chalcedon. Zeal against / opposed heresies which were many at the time. - Julius Majaorianus (West emp) West Roman Emp. [WRE claimants (un/recognised by Eastern emperor (who was consideredthe senior emperor))?] - emp Leo 1 the Great (East emp) East Roman Emp. Leo "the Thracian" (Bessian). Born in Dacia. intervened in the affairs of the western empire, supporting candidates for the throne. "the Eastern emperor was considered the senior emperor".
- "pope" Leo 1 Was "pope". - emp Leo 1 (East) "He was the first emperor to be crowned by the Patriarch of Constantinople."
- "pope" Leo 1: the "pope" Leo 1's sucessors and predecessors match the emperor ...'s. - emperor ...: the emperor ...'s successors and predecessors match pope Leo 1's. [The list of Roman emperors matches the Popes from at least Nero/"Peter" to emp Majorian/"pope Leo 1" or emp Leo 1/"pope" Leo 1.] http://www.worldhistoria.com/topic129257 http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21946-popes-office-in-the-bible/page-2 http://www.allempires.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35815