Print Page | Close Window

First All Empires Diplomacy game AEDip01

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Gaming and Information Technology
Forum Discription: Technology and Computer-related discussions; PC and Video Games…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5239
Printed Date: 16-Apr-2024 at 08:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: First All Empires Diplomacy game AEDip01
Posted By: Maju
Subject: First All Empires Diplomacy game AEDip01
Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 01:28
It is my pleasure to announce that AEDip01, the first All Empires Diplomacy game, starts now.

Deadline for Spring 1901: Monday September-5-2005 at 23:59 GMT.

Future regular turn deadlines will be a little shorter (of about 5 days) with max. 48hrs for retreats and Winter turns. I will try to send reminders 24 hrs. before all regular deadlines but you shouldn't take that for granted. For more details see rules and special rules below.

The Players:
  • Austria-Hungary: (Temujin - abdicated June 1901; Bishop between September 1901 and September 1903); Temujin restored since October 1903.
  • England: (Emperor Barbarossa - lost control in October 1903); Raider since January 1904.
  • France: (Poirot abdicated in August 1903); Bishop since September 1903.
  • Germany: Thegeneral
  • Italy: Mixcoatl
  • Russia: Hugoestr
  • Turkey: (Zagros - abdicated August 1902); TheDiplomat since September 1902.
Game Master: Maju

Observers:
  • Pikeshot1600
  • Poirot
  • Emperor Barbarossa
  • you? (PM me)
The map (Spring 1901):

The oficial rules will be the http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/1992AH3rd.pdf - 3rd Edition of Avalon Hill Co. rules, 1992 (PDF document) . But some special rules will apply as follows:
  1. In order to shorten the game, victory will be declared when any power controls 12 supply centers at the end of any year AND it has at least two more SCs than any other power. Only one major winner will still be possible. But any power controlling 9 or more SCs at that moment will get a partial victory honorific mention. If the leading power has 12 SCs but another power has 11 or there is a tie at 12 SCs, successive extra years will be played until one single power gets 2 center more than any other. If this would not be achieved, the normal rule of 18 centers' owneship will apply.
  2. In order to prevent NBRs ("no builds recieved"), what can handicap seriously the neglected power, a special default-build rule will apply when no adjustments orders are recieved, as follows:
    • England will always build fleets by default
    • Turkey and Italy will build alternatively fleet-army, starting by a fleet
    • France will build alternatively army-fleet, starting by an army
    • Austria, Germany and Russia will always build armies by default
    • The units will be built in the historical capital prioritarily (if available) and then in any open home center (flipping a coin if necessary). Historical capitals are: Vienna (A), London (E), Paris (F), Berlin (G), Rome (I), Moscow (R) and Constantinople (T).
  3. Excessive build orders will cause all builds to fail and apply the previous rule. Less builds than avialable will be accepted as such (it's understood that the player wants to waive some of his builds). A player can voluntarily waive all his builds but must specify it.
  4. When no disbands are recieved, the oficial rule will apply to determine them but in one aspect: instead of following alphabetic order of provinces, as the rulebook says, I will apply random selection by flipping coins or throwing a dice.
  5. The convoy priority rule will only apply if the convoying fleet(s) is/are not dislodged. If the convoy fails but the army can still move because of adjacency of the provinces involved, then normal movement will happen. (This is such a very rare happening that I have never seen it out of the theory, so don't worry much about it).
  6. The default retreat is "out of the board" (OTB) or "disband". Players can order that as well if it fits their designs.
  7. Any unit not ordered will hold (preventing this way its automatical disbanding in case it is dislodged).
House rules:
  1. In case of doubt the GM will have the last word, always applying the rulebook and any special rules (as for above).
  2. If a player fails to send orders (NMR/NBR), he will be notified by the GM and must reply declaring if he wishes to follow with the game. Two succesive NMRs in regular or adjustments turns (retreats won't apply) will cause the player to be deposed and replaced - no excuses. If the NMRing player doesn't reply to the GM's mail, he will be deposed and replaced without any second opportunity.
  3. Regular turns (Spring and Fall) will be scheduled with terms of about 5 days, except Spring 1901 that will be a little longer. Weekends can stretch these terms a little.
  4. Retreats' and adjustments' turns will have a maximum term of 48 hrs. Only for these, the GM will adjudicate earlier if all orders are in. If they fall fully in weekend, the term can be stretched a little bit too. This is up to the players' needs largely.
  5. Deadline extensions will be conceded upon request but I ask the players not to abuse of them. Conditional adjustments/retreats can be sent as alternative for short sub-turns extensions and I encourage them.
  6. I also encourage to send preliminary orders as soon as you recieve the adjudication. You can send as many different sets of orders as you need. The last one arriving will erase the previous. Please send always full sets of orders: it doesn't matter what you sent in previous ones.
  7. Orders will be interpretated benevolently but any order that is confuse enough will be declared invalid. Still I will notify the players if there is time for that, so this should not be a problem for novices.
  8. Press: I will accept white press (signed) and grey press (anonymous). I won't accept black press (on other's name). The press should be written with the orders' set and will be published with the adjudication. The GM will try to write some press too and "the gallery" (observers) can also write press (white only). Alternatively you can post in the All Empires - General Gaming topic open for this game's purpose (this one).
  9. I may add new rules in the future if necessary, always after consulting the players.
Have fun!

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Replies:
Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 01:36
Additional GM notes:

Don't forget to check the http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/home.htm - Diplomacy Archive to learn more about Diplomacy.

Extra Rule: the adjudications can be appealed and the GM will consider those appeals throughtfully.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 12:22
A map with names, always useful:

Some provinces are abreviated but I don't think it's any problem.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Bishop
Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 16:55
Can I be an adviser to a newbie? Kinda like his Vice President? 

-------------
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Posted By: Thegeneral
Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 18:53

You can help me if Maju doesn't have a problem with it.

You can be my reichsfueher.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Aug-2005 at 20:31
Hey that would be great. Where is Maju to rule on this?

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 01:22
Yes, no problem with advisors. It should help to improve the game. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 01:28
Awesome! Be sure to change my title at the top of the thread. I'm the new German  Reichfurher. =80)

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 02:29
Originally posted by Bishop

Awesome! Be sure to change my title at the top of the thread. I'm the new German  Reichfurher. =80)

Ahem, Reichfürer isn't any actual German ministry of the time. I think it was introduced by Hitler and would be a total anachronism. You can be Chancellor, like Bismark. Ok?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 07:39
Clarification on how the orders support and convoy work:

Here is the adjudication map a hipothetical Fall 1902 turn (dotted lines mean failed orders):

Here we can see some examples of correct and incorrect, succesful and unsuccesful supports:

F Sev S A Ukr-Mos is obviously an invalid support order because, though Sev and Mos are adjacent, the Fleet cannot move to Moscow and, therefore, can't support any movement there.

All the other supports shown are valid but some fail because they are cut. For example:

F Den S F Hel-Nth fails because it's cut by the English F Nth-Den. Still F Hel-Nth succeeds because it finds the North Sea empty.

Instead F Eng S A Pic-Bel succeeds but A Pic-Bel fails because A Bel is supported by A Hol (uncut): 2 vs 2.

Turkish A Mos S F Bla-Sev fails as well, in spite of being a valid order, because it is cut by A Ukr-Mos.

The convoy:

Convoying follows almost the same rules as supporting. Yet there are two differences:

(1) Succesive adjacent fleets can be teamed up to make chain convoys as in the example does Italy. The orders of Italy are: A Tun-Bul, F Ion C A Tun-Bul, F Aeg C A Tun-Bul. It is a perfectly valid set of orders. Furthermore the A-I cooperation extends to Austria supporting the amphibious attack from Greece (F Gre S A Tun-Bul).

Yet the convoy fails because the Italian fleet in Aegean Sea is dislodged. And here it is the other difference between the rules that apply to convoy and support orders: while almost any attack cuts the support, this doesn't happen with convoys: (2) Only dislodging one of the convoying fleets can a convoy be cut.

If Turkey would have ordered instead F Smy-Aeg, F Con S A Bul, the convoying fleet would not have been dislodged and A Tun-Bul would only have failed for lack of superiority (2 vs 2).

But, Turkey would have risked that A Ser S A Tun-Bul would have given superiority to the Italian disembark and all the not very well measured Turk precautions would have ended in a Bulgarian disaster (the army is dislodged and with no retreats available, it is disbanded).

This would be the regional operations' map in that case:

Bulgaria becomes Italian and the A-I has all the initiative (wouldn't it be for the nasty French fleet invading the Adriatic ).

Doubts?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 09:11

Originally posted by Maju

Ahem, Reichfürer isn't any actual German ministry of the time. I think it was introduced by Hitler and would be a total anachronism. You can be Chancellor, like Bismark. Ok?

True, but wouldnt I be the Chancellor depending on which type of government?  But I do not know what the other ministries or departments are.  He can be the Head of the armies? 

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 09:52
Do as you wish. I've seen all kind of role-playing. Most commonly the German player is the Kaiser, as the Russian is the Tsar or the Turk is the Sultan. If you are the Chancellor, then name him Minister of Intelligence and hide his rank as Minister of Culture or something. 

I just thought that using reichsfürer (apart of being a blatant anachronism) could difficult your diplomatic relationships. The II Reich is not as negatively seen as the Third. Bismarck is often seen with favorable eyes, for instance.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 11:47
Oh I understand the problems with reichsfueher.  It was just a name.

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Sep-2005 at 21:18
Reminder: 3 days for Spring 1901 deadline.
Get your orders in, please.

I must remind also that it is convenient to send orders as soon as possible, better send a preliminary set as soon as you can and change it as much as necesary. No problem if you send a diferent set each day.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 04:15
***This adjudication has suffered a correction***

Finally, here there are the revealing results of Spring 1901. All orders are in but Temujin (Austria) has abandoned the game. Bishop takes over.

La Gazette de Genéve:
  • Italy invades Tyrolia and Salzburg. The Italia Irredenta will be redeemed, crowds full of patriotic enthusiasm sing in Milano and Rome
  • The French army maneouvres near the German border and the English coasts
  • Germany signs a naval bases' treaty with Denmark
  • England rushes to do the same with Norway
  • Russia hopes to be able to force Sweden to an alliance too, while maneouvres its Army near ther Romanian border
  • Austria intervenes in Serbia and Albania before they can ally with the hostile Italians. Emperor Franz Joseph abdicates due to a badly known private affair and the Arch-Bishop of Vienna takes over the regency promising morality and union of the Dual Monarchy.
  • Turkey occupies Bulgaria and voes to restore the glory of the Caliphate
Other press: none

All orders succeed, no retreats needed.

Deadline for Fall orders: Monday 12 of September, 23:59.
(Sorry, but 5 days would be on Saturday and that's not a good date for the deadline, I'll try to speed up after the Winter  adjustments - Wed 14, 23:59).

Orders as written:

Austria:
A Bud - Rum
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Tri

England:

move London fleet to the North Sea
move the Edinburg fleet to NWG
/A Liv-Wales

France:

1. Army in Paris moves to Burgundy
2. Army in Marsilles holds and supports Army that moves from Paris to Burgundy
3. Fleet in Brest moves to English Channel.

Germany:
F Kiel- Holl
A Ber- Kiel
A Mun- Ruhr

Italy:

move F Naples to Tyrrhenian Sea
move A Venice to Tyrolia
move A Rome to Venice

Russia:
F ST. Petersburg-Golf of Bothnia
A MOS-URK
A WAR HOLD
F SEV HOLD

Turkey:

F Ankara, hold
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

Orders as adjudicated:

Austria:
A Budapest - Romania (corrected!)
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste

England:
F Edinburgh - Norwegian Sea
A Liverpool - Wales
F London - North Sea

France:
F Brest - English Channel
A Marseilles Supports A Paris - Burgundy
A Paris - Burgundy

Germany:
A Berlin - Kiel
F Kiel - Denmark
A Munich - Ruhr

Italy:
F Naples - Tyrrhenian Sea
A Rome - Venice
A Venice - Tyrolia

Russia:
A Moscow - Ukraine
F Sevastopol Hold
F St Petersburg(sc) - Gulf of Bothnia
A Warsaw Hold

Turkey:
F Ankara Hold
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

Please correct me if there is any error.

Operations map (Spring 1901):

Current map (Fall 1901):

Don't wait to the last minute: send your prelims now!

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 05:54
do we send build orders now?

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 09:22
Originally posted by Zagros

do we send build orders now?

NO!

Builds are only in the Winter, once you have consoliated your conquests (or loses) in the Fall. The structure of the game is as follows:
  • Spring diplomacy
  • Spring movement
  • Spring retreats (when necessary)
  • Fall diplomacy
  • Fall movement
  • Fall retreats (when necessary) -> Neutral or foreign centers occupied after this phase are only now owned by the occupiers
  • Winter adjustments (builds and disbands)
So if you (Turkey) can take Greece or Romania (and keep occupying Bulgaria), you would get two builds when Winter comes. If you fail to occupy any other centers but keep Bulgaria you are entitled to 1 build. If you manage to take Greece or Romania but are bounced by Austria in Bulgaria (not very likely, I think), you would get also only one Build, because you would not be occupying Bulgaria at the start of the Winter turn (doesn't matter what happened in the Spring).

So now what you ahve to send is your Fall movements, seeking to consolidate what you captured in the Spring and maybe to take new centers too.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 09:27
Aha thanks for the clarification.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 13:04
Luis, can we shorten the order times a little? like to five days instead of a week?

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 14:48
Yes I can, in fact it's what I'm trying to do. But then, this deadline would fall on Saturday, and I suspect people is less ready to react, sending last minute orders, retreats, builds and/or appeals if I adjudicate in weekend. Of course, if all the 7 players agree that weekends are fine for deadlines, I have no problem.

So I follow the thumb rule of 5 days for regular turns (Spring/Fall) and max. 2 days for retreats and adjsutments but, if it falls in Saturday or Sunday, I move it to next Monday.

What does the rest think?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 17:41

Tell me again why I chose Germany, who is smack dab in the middle of the entire battle?!?! Oh yeah...

Me and my pride!

-------------

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:07

Austria:
A Bud - Rum
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Tri

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste

I'm a bit confused, why have you moved the Hungarian army to Serbia instead of Romania?

-------------

Posted By: poirot
Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:27

Special Report from Burgundy Press:

The valiant French 1st Army rests in the summer at Burgundy to prepare for a tour of the Bavarian countryside.  The soldiers eagerly await the moment they can seek more intimate relations with big, blonde, muscled Bavarian women.  They expect a warm welcome from the big bosomed Bavarian fruits.

"We expect the peace loving Bavarians to welcome us with open embraces," comments Jaques Monier, special corps engineer for the 3rd regiment.  "Le Marseille for all!"

The army is very optimistic about the chances of obtaining a hearty welcome from the beloved Kaiser of Germany.  It would be another step in the tight bond that seals Franco-German relations.

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 19:42

oh damn

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 20:14
Originally posted by Temujin

Austria:
A Bud - Rum
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Tri

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste

I'm a bit confused, why have you moved the Hungarian army to Serbia instead of Romania?

You're right. I adjudicated wrongly. I'll send the correction inmediately (though this is going to be even more difficult for your replacement, I think).

The adjudication and maps have also been corrected in this thread.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 20:50
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Tell me again why I chose Germany, who is smack dab in the middle of the entire battle?!?! Oh yeah...

Me and my pride!

Yes, Central Powers are more difficult... the require more solid diplomacy. The easiest one is France but al edge powers but maybe Russia have the fortune of being somhow protected against a corner.

Don't let that put you down and persuade the others of how important is that Germany plays a role for this or that always important reason. If nothing else, its central position make Germany more interesting for the skilled diplomatist and is a rather strong power with good victory statistics.

Read this article: http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/god/five.htm - http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/god/five.htm

Playing Germany is not easy: it requires skill and subtlety. But the time will come when you savour the marvellous sensation of being allied to everyone, dominating the play, knowing in almost every detail what each season’s moves will be before they happen. This is the way to play Germany, and there’s nothing else quite like it.

(The rest of players can read their respective powers' articles by Richard Sharp at: http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/god.htm - http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/god.htm , don't say that I'm a favoritist GM )

Good luck.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 02:20
Temujin it's bad enough you fled the country right before hostilities broke out. Now you speak out against you're homeland weakening her position even worse!

I thought I was dead in the water with the first position. I can't see surviving the first year with the second.

Temujin, you betrayed you're countrymen! Now you sit in Cuba smoking you're fat cigars as we fight to our inevitable death.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 07:39

Temujin it's bad enough you fled the country right before hostilities broke out. Now you speak out against you're homeland weakening her position even worse!

I thought I was dead in the water with the first position. I can't see surviving the first year with the second.

Temujin, you betrayed you're countrymen! Now you sit in Cuba smoking you're fat cigars as we fight to our inevitable death.

C'mon, don't be derrotist: Austria is a solid power if not attacked by all flanks at the same time. If Italy is not supported and you play half-well, you could get them fleeing in a 1-2 game-years. And I'm thinking of at least one power (maybe two) that are normally not interested in Italy doing too well.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: hugoestr
Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 17:25
Tsar no more; long live Comrade Tzar!

The Tsar is pleased to announce that it has preemptively declared Russia a Communist state. The Tsar will be known from now on as Comrade Tsar—we are now all equal. He has stepped down from the crown to give the soviet power over the country.

The newly formed Soviet has decided to elect Comrade Tsar to become its leader. He refused several times, but was finally swayed by the will of the people.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 17:47

I don't think my people would apreciate taking Germany back to Nazism.  Although it may help win!

But for now, the Iron Chancellor welcomes the new government of Russia.  Pardon, the Soviet Union.

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 18:49
I think it's too early to let Mussolini seize power in my country, he's only 17, I think I'll wait a few years.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 19:26

Washington Post:

A republican plot was recently uncovered in Ankara by Ottoman intelligence, details are as of yet unclear, however, reports from the Anatolian mainland tell of a mass purge (by decapitation) of Army officers ordered, and some say carried out, by Sultan Zagros himself, among them the alleged mastermind, Kemal Atuturk.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 21:06

Special Report:

The French delegation of alliance to the Ottoman Empire has been hijacked in the Mediterranian, near the Tunisan coast.  It is speculated that modern Barbary pirates have kidnapped the French delegation in an attempt to put pressure on the Ottoman Empire.  The French Presidentcondemns the hijacking, calling it terrorism, and urges the Italian fleet in the Mediterranian to enter Tunisia to counter the terrorist bases there.

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 22:58
Austrian press; Der Standard - news from Austri

The 30 year rein of the war mongering King Temujin,  has officially ended. Temujin himself  is currently in exile in Cuba where he will live out the remainder of his days. The Temujin incursion into  Romanian has been condemned by the new Democratic Austrian government.

"We intend to keep our army in place due to civil unrest. And will remain until order is restored." says the new Chancellor Der Slickmeister Bishop

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 06:33
Originally posted by poirot

The French Presidentcondemns the hijacking, calling it terrorism, and urges the Italian fleet in the Mediterranian to enter Tunisia to counter the terrorist bases there.

The Italian minister of war responds:
We were just planning to do that, thank you for providing us with a lame justification!

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:05
Also it might interest to you that I've intervened in Liechtenstein and replaced the monarchy by a republic. Henceforth Liechtenstein shall be known as the Most Serene Republic of Liechtenstein, and will be in a military alliance with the Kingdom of Italy.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:40

Special Report:

Geneva - A four country meeting between the French President, The German Kaiser/Chancellor, the Russian(Soviet) Comrade Tsar, and the Italian Primer Minister, concluded in a jovial agreement to continue working toward the welfare of all European countries.

The world leaders have agreed to found the International Red Crotch, an international neutral organization dedicated to the libidos of all soldiers in the frontiers.  The most beautiful and sensual girls from all over Europe will be recruited to provide first rate service to sex starved soldiers in the Eastern and Western Fronts. 

"This is an united effort to improve the conditions of our barracks," commented Jean Jaques Le Pont, the French Foreign Minister.  "We must see that all troops get proper treatment as they fight for their countries."

Monsieur Le Pont added that France will build up to ten first rate brothels around the borders to cater to the needs of its soldiers.  The brothels will be staffed with "volunteers" and "social workers" from the International Red Crotch.

The standard Red Crotch uniform will be a nurse's uniform, with hem about two inches below the crotch and very low cut to show plenty of cleavage.

Further plans on the joint effort to promote sexual welfare in the barracks will be discussed and finalized within the coming days.

The Standard International Red Crotch Uniform

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:43

German News Alert:

The former minister of diplomatic relations and military has taken control of Austria.  Panic has been to a minimal and the government of the new Fueher of Der Fourth Riech promises nothing shall change from this point on.  "We will continue on without the former German" said Der Fueher at a press conference releasing the distressful news.  The new Reichfuehere has stated that no military actions will be pushed toward Austria for this "act of betrayal from the high levels of government".

On the brghter side of the news, Denmark has welcome us with open arms.

-------------

Date Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 09:21
Comrade Tsar wants to thank the French Republic for its great recruitment effort for the I.R.C.

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 21:06
Here is the adjudication.

No retreats required.

Winter 1901 deadline (adjustments) will be Wednesday 23:59 or as soon as I get all your orders.

La gazette de Genève:
  • Vienna taken by the versaglieri. The Italians also land in Tunis but fail in their "liberation" of Istria and Dalmatia.
  • French and Germans divide the Low Countries, Britain, excluded, signs alliance with Norway.
  • Germany intervenes in Sweden and rejects the Russian invasion. Russians achieve control over Romania anyhow and invade Austrian Galitzia
  • France occupies Spain among protests.
  • Austria and Turkey clash in Greece. Greek nationalists happy that no one could get in.
  • The Austrian army abandons its Romanian pretentions and conquers Serbia instead.

Fall 1901 Adjudication
:

Orders as written:

Austria:

A Rum- Serb
A Tri S A Rum- Serb
F Alb- Greece

England:

My moves are Fleet Norwegian Sea-Nor, /A Wales-London, /Fleet North Sea-Hol

France:

1.Army in Burgundy moves to Belgium
2. Fleet in English Channel supports Army moving from Burgundy to Belgium
3. Army in Marsilles moves to Spain

Germany:
A-Kiel-Hol
Rurh-support-A-Kiel-Hol
F-Denmark-Sweden
Italy:

A Tyrol - Vienna
A Venice - Triëste
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Tunis

Russia:
F GULF of BOTH-SWE
A WAR-GAL
A URK-RUM
F SEV S A URK-RUM
Turkey:

a bulgaria - Greece
a constantinople - bulgaria
f ankara - constantinople

Orders as adjudicated (all unmarked orders succeed):

Austria:
F Albania - Greece (*Bounce*)
A Rumania - Serbia
A Trieste Supports A Rumania - Serbia (*Cut*)

England:
F North Sea - Holland (*Fails*)
F Norwegian Sea - Norway
A Wales - London

France:
A Burgundy - Belgium
F English Channel Supports A Burgundy - Belgium
A Marseilles - Spain

Germany:
F Denmark - Sweden (*Bounce*)
A Kiel - Holland
A Ruhr Supports A Kiel - Holland

Italy:
A Tyrolia - Vienna
F Tyrrhenian Sea - Tunis
A Venice - Trieste (*Fails*)

Russia:
F Gulf of Bothnia - Sweden (*Bounce*)
F Sevastopol Supports A Ukraine - Rumania
A Ukraine - Rumania
A Warsaw - Galicia

Turkey:
F Ankara - Constantinople (*Fails*)
A Bulgaria - Greece (*Bounce*)
A Constantinople - Bulgaria (*Fails*)

Please check for any errors.

No retreats required. Status is as follows:

Ownership:

Austria:   Budapest, Serbia, Trieste.
England:   Edinburgh, Liverpool, London, Norway.
France:    Belgium, Brest, Marseilles, Paris, Spain.
Germany:   Berlin, Denmark, Holland, Kiel, Munich.
Italy:     Naples, Rome, Tunis, Venice, Vienna.
Russia:    Moscow, Rumania, Sevastopol, St Petersburg, Warsaw.
Turkey:    Ankara, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna.
Unowned:   Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

Adjustments:

Austria:   Supp  3 Unit  3 Build  0
England:   Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1
France:    Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Germany:   Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Italy:     Supp  5 Unit  3 Build  2
Russia:    Supp  5 Unit  4 Build  1
Turkey:    Supp  4 Unit  3 Build  1

Operations Map (Fall 1901):

Current Map (Winter 1901):

Remember that the sooner I get all build orders, the sooner we will go on with the new Spring turn.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 03:28

Special Report:

Upon the annexation of new territories, the French Republic has officially changed its government and name to reflect its new, multinationalistic composition.  The new governnment will be named the People's Socialist Democratic Republic of Greater France, or simply Greater France.

Upon the annexation of Belgium into Greater France, the French Republic has decided to elect Monsieur Hercule Poirot, former Chief of the Belgian Police, and native Wallonese, as the new Greater French President. 

This is a happy marriage between France and Belgium, working together to build the Greater French Republic.  The people of former Belgium, Spain, as well as France warmly welcome Monsieur Poirot as the new leader of the new, multi-national republic.   Viva Greater France!

Monsieur Hercule Poirot, Greater French Press

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 03:45

Special Report from Versailles

Upon his inaugration, Monsieur le President Hercule Poirot congratulated the Italian Prime Minister for his staunch anti-terrorist approach in Tunisia. 

When asked about the new Greater French Republic's foreign policy, Monsieur Poirot heartly commented that he would work with the other nations to create a peaceful world, where democracy and basic human rights are protected, and also, to fight terrorism.

"Monsieurs, the Greater French Repulic is dedicated to the elimination of global terrorism.'  Monsieur le President Hercule Poirot said decisively, while stroking his trademark mustache.  "We will send troops to make sure that our citizens and the citizens of our peaceful neighbors are not harmed by global terrorism."

"We have currently spotted disturbing terrorist activity in Portugal."  Monsieur Poirot added.  "We must address this issue with our 3rd army stationed in Spain."

Monsieur Poirot also praised Comrade Tsar for his valiant efforts to eradicate terrorist activity in Rumania. 

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 06:54
Breaking news: mafia seizes power in Italy
After the Italian parliament accused the prime minister of having mafia connections, a mob of gangsters stormed into the parliament and machine-gunned many opposition MP's. Hereafter the Prime Minister closed the parliament and requested that he henceforth wanted to be addressed to as 'Godfather of Italy'.

cappice?

Italy's new team of ministers

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 09:17
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

After the Italian parliament accused the prime minister of having mafia
connections, a mob of gangsters stormed into the parliament and
machine-gunned many opposition MP's. Hereafter the Prime Minister
closed the parliament and requested that he henceforth wanted to be
addressed to as 'Godfather of Italy'.

cappice?

Comrade Tsar congratulates the fine men who form the new Italian government.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 09:28
Comrade Tsar extends his good wishes to president Poirot. Comrade Tsar, just like Mr. Poirot, is dedicated to world peace, international understanding, and romantic barefoot walking on the beach.

Please welcome our new Embassor to your country, Comrade Yana. She holds a doctor's in International Relations, was the former Minister of Internal Affairs, is twenty-seven, 5'8", and weighs 115 pounds. She is kind and sociable and loves to travel.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 12:39
You guys are hiliarious!

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 14:34

Originally posted by hugoestr

Comrade Tsar extends his good wishes to president Poirot. Comrade Tsar, just like Mr. Poirot, is dedicated to world peace, international understanding, and romantic barefoot walking on the beach.

Please welcome our new Embassor to your country, Comrade Yana. She holds a doctor's in International Relations, was the former Minister of Internal Affairs, is twenty-seven, 5'8", and weighs 115 pounds. She is kind and sociable and loves to travel.

Special Report from Parisian Tabloid

Comrade Yana, Soviet ambassador to Greater France, was seen last night in the President's villa.  When asked, President Poirot denied any mention or doubt of illicit activity.

"Monsieurs, I assure you that it was a meeting to extend understanding between our two countries." Monsieur Hercule Poirot commented.  "Comrade Yana demonstrated her proficient skills in INTERNAL AFFAIRS."

"I have also discussed the Internation Red Crotch with the comrade," added Monsieur Poirot.  "Comrade Yana said she would love to serve as an honorary volunteer to help boost the morale of the brave soldiers of the Greater French Republic."

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 16:36

German Embassy in Sweden:

We regret to inform the Russians that their plans there were halted.  We expect relations to not change with this strategic move.

And we now issue a wanring to the Prime Minister of England:  Germany will not stand for your actions in the north and all further operations will result in your complete expulsion.

-------------

Posted By: Emperor Barbarossa
Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 20:25
What are we doing wrong? We are just trying to expand our great Empire. Sounds a lot like you. I also issue a warning to you for your actions in Holland. You are planning an attack Mother Britain and this will not be tolerated.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 20:41
I don't need to be tolerated.  You and France will be part of my Reich very soon!  I don't need your concent.  It makes as much difference as the consent of the UN!

-------------

Posted By: Emperor Barbarossa
Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 20:59
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

After the Italian parliament accused the prime minister of having mafia connections, a mob of gangsters stormed into the parliament and machine-gunned many opposition MP's. Hereafter the Prime Minister closed the parliament and requested that he henceforth wanted to be addressed to as 'Godfather of Italy'.

cappice?

Excellent, Godfather. Will you give us all an offer that we cannot refuse?

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 21:31
Hi again.

Here there is the new adjudication. Deadline for Spring 1902 will be 23:29 GMT of Monday 19.

La Gazette de Geneve:
  • Naval build up in the Atlantic.
  • Russia and Italy recruit new soldiers for their Danubian campaigns.
  • Italy and Turkey claim the Mediterranean waters.
Adjustments adjudication:

England:
Build F Edinburgh

France:
Build F Brest
Build A Paris

Germany:
Build F Kiel
Build A Munich

Italy:
Build F Naples
Build A Rome

Russia:
Build A Warsaw

Turkey:
Build F Smyrna

I will skip the orders as written from now on, if you don't mind. Anyhow check that your orders have beed adjudicated correctly.

New Map:

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 09:09

Anyone seen the diplomacy game trailer?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/diplomacy2005/media.html?gcst=diplomacy_pc_ot1_091305.asx - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/diplomacy2005/media.html ?gcst=diplomacy_pc_ot1_091305.asx

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 14:39
Do you know if it will come with variants or possibility of adding them? I actually almost never play Standard. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 16:04
I do not know.  I did not read the info yet.  The site was active up for some reason.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 16:45
La Gazette de Geneve:
  • Italians invade Trieste and Croatia, Russians do the same with Hungary, Silesia and the Black Sea
  • Germany signs a mutual defense pact with Sweden
  • Austrians find refuge in Greece
  • Britain seems to have taken offense and has sent a fleet to patrol the Scandinavian straits. Yet, lack of organization may have undermined the effectivity of the Brtish Navy
  • France reinforces its western borders
  • Turkey deploys its navy in the Aegean Sea
Adjudication Spring 1902 (all unmarked orders succeed):

Austria:
F Albania Supports A Serbia - Greece
A Serbia - Greece
A Trieste - Serbia (*Dislodged*)

England:
F Edinburgh - North Sea (*Fails*)
A London, no move received (hold)
F North Sea, no move received (hold)
F Norway - Skagerrak

France:
A Belgium Supports A Paris - Burgundy
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
F English Channel Supports A Belgium
A Paris - Burgundy
A Spain - Marseilles

Germany:
F Denmark - Sweden
A Holland Hold
F Kiel - Helgoland Bight
A Munich Hold
A Ruhr Hold

Italy:
F Naples - Apulia
A Rome - Venice
F Tunis - Ionian Sea
A Venice - Trieste
A Vienna Supports A Venice - Trieste

Russia:
A Galicia - Budapest
F Gulf of Bothnia - Baltic Sea
A Rumania Supports A Galicia - Budapest
F Sevastopol - Black Sea
A Warsaw - Silesia

Turkey:
F Ankara - Constantinople (*Fails*)
A Bulgaria - Serbia (*Bounce*)
A Constantinople - Bulgaria (*Fails*)
F Smyrna - Aegean Sea

Please, check there are no errors.

There is only one retreat required: Austrian Army Trieste can retreat to Tyrolia or off the board (OTB - default). Please, Bishop, broadcast your reatreat to all so we can procceed with the Fall turn as soon as possible. In any case, the limit deadline for that will be Wednesday 21, 22:00 GMT.

Operational Map (Spring 1902):

Current Map (Spring 1902 - retreats):

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 18:51

German Press Release:

After a treacherous intrution into the Fatherland, Russia, along with France and England will be duly repaid for their moves on the Reich.  With threatening movments to the west, east and north, Der Fueher has issued a warning to the three: "Leave the Fatherland while you still have armies to leave with!  Any further movement onto out land will be proptly squelched and retured in fold"

The Germany ambassador to Russia was shocked and disturbed by the latest news and promised to "End Russias advances and decimate any fleets to the north."  The ambassafor to France was unable to speak today, due to the new Maginot formed by the French armies.  We hope to get word from him this winter.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 15:35
Comrade Tsar is sorry for the misunderstanding that occurred. It was pre-arranged that Germany was going to move his armies to bohemia and Munich.

Now, in view of the chaos, Soviet Russia will have to take defensive measures to protect its land.

Yet Comrade Tsar is ready to mend the problems. He is sending C.B.Q. Comrade Glebova as the new embassador of Soviet Russia to German lands.

Our Soviet elected Comrade Gebova as our C.B.Q.--Comrade Beauty Queen--in our last jamboree. She was formally in charge of fighting illnesses and protecting our children.

Besides being an expert in foreign relations, she also plays the piano. Because of this background, I am sure that she can delight Chancellor F. by playing your famous German organs.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 15:41
Comrade Tsar is tryining to strengthen the ties between France and Soviet Russia. Maybe one day in the future we can work together. Who knows, we can send our future cosmonauts with your space-o-nauts to live in what we can describe as a flying garbage can out in space.

For this reason, Comrade Tsar is sending a special team of food logistic analysts.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 15:52

The Greater French Government, under the respectable Monsieur Hercule Poirot, proudly presents the ambassador to the Soviet Union - Alizee!

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 18:44
The Austrian third army, under the command of four star general  Von Schwartzenegger, retreated safely to Tyrolia. Where the third is dug in and prepared for anything.

Schwartzenegger is reported to have said " I'll be back"  but no one knows for sure because it's just so hard to understand what the hell the man is saying!

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 19:19

LOL!!!

Ottoman Press:

Sultan Zagros abdicates!

The empire has gone into moarning after the shock abdication of its most benevolent padishah. Sultan Zagros cited old age and a desire to follow his lifetime pursuit breeding canaries on the Canary Islands. No further details disclosed at this time.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 20:33

The Austrian third army, under the command of four star general
Von Schwartzenegger, retreated safely to Tyrolia. Where the third is
dug in and prepared for anything.

Schwartzenegger is reported to have said " I'll be back" but no
one knows for sure because it's just so hard to understand what the
hell the man is saying!

Lol

Rumors say that he moved to Tyrol to meet with the new Russian embassador.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 21:08

The Greater French embassy has delivered a special farewell present to Sultan Zagros, for his contributions to anti-terrorism in the Balkans.  One of the top performers of the International Red Crotch, Greater French Chapter, this lady hopes to keep Zagros happy and content in his retirement.

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 04:59

He most certainly is

I will add her to my harem.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 05:43

The Austrian third army, under the command of four star general  Von Schwartzenegger, retreated safely to Tyrolia. Where the third is dug in and prepared for anything.

Schwartzenegger is reported to have said " I'll be back"  but no one knows for sure because it's just so hard to understand what the hell the man is saying!

Recieved. I will adjudicate now.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 05:44
Originally posted by Zagros

LOL!!!

Ottoman Press:

Sultan Zagros abdicates!

The empire has gone into moarning after the shock abdication of its most benevolent padishah. Sultan Zagros cited old age and a desire to follow his lifetime pursuit breeding canaries on the Canary Islands. No further details disclosed at this time.

Well, if this abdication is definitive we need a replacement for Turkey. Volunteers?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 05:58
Ask Komenos, cwyr

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 06:17
Austria retreats to Tyrolia.

Zagros has abdicated: the Turk position is for whoever volunteers first. As you can see in the map it's not any mercy position (4 SCs, with options to a 5th), specially considering that we are yet in Fall 1902.

I won't issue a deadline for the this turn (Fall 1902) till we have a replacement. Declaring Turkey in civil disorder would distort the game too much. I encourage everyone to seek actively for replacements, so we can continue with the game. Thanks.

New Map (Fall 1902):

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 06:18

Ask Komenos, cwyr

If you think they may be interested, please ask them yourself.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: TheDiplomat
Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 14:02
I VOLUNTEER!!!!

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 14:19

Ottoman Press:

The son of Mustafa Kemal Atuturk, Mustafa Diplomat Atuturk is reported to have assassinated Sultan Zagros's heir to the Ottoman throne, Crown Prince Taurus in an apparent coup d'eta.  Such anti-Islamic behaviour will NOT be tolerated -

International report: the offices of the imperial press office in Constantinple have reportedly been stormed by republicans, mass executions have been reported.

-------------

Posted By: DayI
Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 14:36

Ill hope Zagros would act like a real Turk,

Khan Zagros, hurrey..

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı
http://imageshack.us - [IMG - http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/DayI/2006-03-17_164450_bscap021.jpg -

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 16:36
We do have a real Turk for the post of Sultan or President or whatever. It's oficial: TheDiplomat takes over Turkey.

The new deadline, as already posted to players and observers, will be:

Monday 26 22:00 GMT

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 17:10
Comrade Tsar welcomes the new government in Turkey.

We hope that you will received the head of our diplomatic mission with open arms.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 20:23

We do have a real Turk

What the... scuse me, but I was THE Turk for a good three imaginary decades.

And day, even the mighty Turks get old .

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 02:45

Originally posted by hugoestr

Comrade Tsar welcomes the new government in Turkey.

We hope that you will received the head of our diplomatic mission with open arms.

The New head of Turkey welcomes the Russian Ambassador to Istanbul.

Under the new head,Turkey will be using the motto ''Peace at home;Peace in the world'' from now on

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 04:21

Special Report:

Geneva - A four country meeting between the French President, The German Kaiser/Chancellor, the Russian(Soviet) Comrade Tsar, and the Italian Primer Minister, concluded in a jovial agreement to continue working toward the welfare of all European countries.

The world leaders have agreed to found the International Red Crotch, an international neutral organization dedicated to the libidos of all soldiers in the frontiers.  The most beautiful and sensual girls from all over Europe will be recruited to provide first rate service to sex starved soldiers in the Eastern and Western Fronts. 

"This is an united effort to improve the conditions of our barracks," commented Jean Jaques Le Pont, the French Foreign Minister.  "We must see that all troops get proper treatment as they fight for their countries."

Monsieur Le Pont added that France will build up to ten first rate brothels around the borders to cater to the needs of its soldiers.  The brothels will be staffed with "volunteers" and "social workers" from the International Red Crotch.

The standard Red Crotch uniform will be a nurse's uniform, with hem about two inches below the crotch and very low cut to show plenty of cleavage.

Further plans on the joint effort to promote sexual welfare in the barracks will be discussed and finalized within the coming days.

The Standard International Red Crotch Uniform

SPECIAL REPORT:Turkey is to co-operate with international society more than ever

''Turkey simply would like to join the International Red Crotch''said TheDiplomat.''We are profoundly impressed by France's efforts.He(poirot) knows how to facilitate international cooperation'' added TheDiplomat.TheDiplomat continued his speech by saying:''We will be delighted to see the valuable girls of the international red crotch being trained in Turkey,the land of hospitality.''

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 06:51

Report from the Parisan Gazette:

The President of Greater France strongly welcomes the ascention of power by Monsieur Le Diplomat in Ankara.  Greater France looks forward to building a realtionship of peace, understanding, and anti-terrorism cooperation with the Great Ottoman/Turkish State. 

Monsieur Poirot also urges the Turkish authorities to contribute beautiful and buxom harem women to the International Red Crotch, and would be delighted if the Turkish authorities allow other International Red Crotch members be trained at harem facilities in Turkey.

The International Red Crotch would like this lady to volunteer her services!

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 07:16

latest news from The Ottoman Press:

Turkey is delighted to hear France's quick response.Besides,the french offers appealed to Turkey.

''Diversity of girls in the International Red Crotch will make this foundation become more colourful.''said TheDiplomat.''There will be girls with black and brown hairs,black eyes not only blonde-hair blue-eye type nurses.This will contribute to the fact that differences always attract more.''

To his epilogue,TheDiplomat added that:''Turkey is ready to spend as much as money required for the train of these girls.I will pay a personal attention to them!.''

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 09:58

Turkish press.

Sultan Zagros returns from exile and takes post as chief of international affairs policy and special advisor to president Diplomat.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 09:59

Report from the Parisan Gazette/P]

The President of Greater France strongly welcomes the ascention of power by Monsieur Le Diplomat in Ankara. Greater France looks forward to building a realtionship of peace, understanding, and anti-terrorism cooperation with the Great Ottoman/Turkish State.

Monsieur Poirot also urges the Turkish authorities to contribute beautiful and buxom harem women to the International Red Crotch, and would be delighted if the Turkish authorities allow other International Red Crotch members be trained at harem facilities in Turkey.

The International Red Crotch would like this lady to volunteer her services!

Comrade Tsar has been wounded

Please, send her to me before I die!

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 11:54

-------------

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:50
What are the princibals of making up newspaper articles? To just have fun and to notify? I just don't get it. But might i join as some minister?

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:56

Sure, you can join as President of the International Red Crotch.  Threre is, however, a very big requirement: you must be good at searching the internet for pictures of near nude but decent women of all nationalities.  You can be responsible for giving a daily or weekly update on the activities of the IRC.

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 12:58
Originally posted by rider

What are the princibals of making up newspaper articles? To just have fun and to notify? I just don't get it. But might i join as some minister?

Lol, of course you may.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 13:18

What are the princibals of making up newspaper articles?

''Diplomacy without newspapers is like internet without history forum'' TheDiplomat

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 13:23
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

The New head of Turkey welcomes the Russian Ambassador to Istanbul.

Under the new head,Turkey will be using the motto ''Peace at home;Peace in the world'' from now on

Flash flash flash!

Special news from the press of Devlet-i Aliye-i Ebediyet-i Osmaniye:

"Ottoman Empire, the so called 'sick man' was believed to be fighting with his external conflicts, seems to have a way more serious inner conflict now. The Anatolian Turkmens who were being oppressed by the collapsing period are again in a search of their legendary beghlik of Karamanoglu. After the Ottoman conquest of Central, southern and Eastern Anatolian regions of Turkmen dominiance, centuries have past and the dream of a new Turkmen unification died with the battle of Otlukbeli and finally the death of Cem Sultan. And with Sultan Mahmut II Khan's laws closing down the Bektashi houses, the Turkmen of Anatolia have regained their revolutionary soul again.

A revolutionary Turkmen hero, a so called "alp eren" from Bozok (Yozgat) have began the revolt with his followers against the authority of Konstantiniye, accusing them with ignoring Anatolia and Turkishness. His name is Selcukoglu Emre, he is referred as "Baba Emre" by his followers. The Ottoman Islahat forces entered northeastern Taurus region for the hunt of yoruk wariors, but they failed to pass the hard valleys of Aladag. Baba Emre moved into Karaman with his followers, killed the Begh and gained the control of southern Anatolia. Then, the Turkmens had a clash with the Ottoman Islahat Army at Kayseri, ended with the heavy victory of Turkmen army. Baba Emre has captured most of southern and Central Anatolia from Aegean region in the west to Erzincan in the east. Now, the army of Baba Emre is moving into Erzurum and then to Elazig, gaining the support of the local Turkmens, mostly in Erzurum by the Chepni. Ottoman government is shocked with these acts like the whole world media."

Altough Turkmens beware of using any independent flags, their official symbols are identified as the following:

LE MONDE REPORTS:  uprising in the Ottoman Empire has been stopped in a pecaeful way.TheDiplomat,the new head of the Turkish State,offered  Mr.Emre to take part in the new foundation which aims the trainship of International Red Crotch nurses...Emre,who seemed to be an idealist tough guys gave up his intentions immediately after hearing this offer.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 13:27
The whole PRAVDA!:
The independent Goverment Newspaper of Soviet Russia

British Invasion!!!

Rumors says that England is about to attack either Russia, Denmark, or France. It would also not attack anyone, our source told us.

"They will strike when you don't expect it," said our source, "they will send special disguised forces to kidnap our values and take our women away."

As a service to the world, PRAVDA is printing pictures of the British troops. If you see them, report them to the authorities, and do not, we repeat, do not engage these men. They are very dangerous:

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 14:08
I heard there are rumours that some British troops have developed a dangerous new weapon. It's not entirely clear what the weapon is, but it's yellow and it travels underwater.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 17:32
Note from the GM:

Seeing that we have more observers/journalists than those oficially listed, I suggest that you can become oficial observer by PMing me with an email adress. You will recieve nothing of special value but an honorable mention in the inagurating post, all adjudications and other important notices by email (they are also posted in this topic, as you know) and a priority to take over any replacement position if and when available. This latter may be the most important for the game as a whole in the event of new abdications. As I said before, if there would be enough wanabee-players, we could start a second parallel game.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 23:07

Come on a board, you can be our Minister Comrade (Easy)Rider, in the Soviet Russia.

Comrade Tsar welcomes you!

You can be the Minister of Transportation and Cool Hogs:

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 13:07

LE MONDE REPORTS:  uprising in the Ottoman Empire has been stopped in a pecaeful way.TheDiplomat,the new head of the Turkish State,offered  Mr.Emre to take part in the new foundation which aims the trainship of International Red Crotch nurses...Emre,who seemed to be an idealist tough guys gave up his intentions immediately after hearing this offer.

Yes, but he also wishes to be the beylerbeyi of Anatolia. He is delighted with the honorable majesty's new appointment, and he accepts to end all the chaos within the Turkmens of Anatolia with a single "ferman" if he is decided to become the new beylerbeyi of Anatolia, he wishes his name to be changed into "Selcukzade Emre Bey" from Baba Emre. He declares his best wishes to his honorable majesty, the only sultan, the shadow of God on our motherearth's surface, the khan of Turks, and the Kayser-i Rum, Sultan I. Arda Khan...

Plus one nurse for each Turkmen babas following him (there are about 40)...

-------------

Posted By: pikeshot1600
Date Posted: 24-Sep-2005 at 13:00
Per Luis's last e-mail, have the Italian troops isolated in Moravia surrendered yet?

Date Posted: 24-Sep-2005 at 13:47
on the contrary, we have Moravia firmly under control, and have renamed Vienna Corleonopoli.

and don't mess with us, or you'll be sleeping with the fishes, cappice?

-------------

Posted By: Kapikulu
Date Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 10:37
oOps can I ascend myself as the King of Spain in the game?

-------------
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 11:03

Originally posted by Kapikulu

oOps can I ascend myself as the King of Spain in the game?

Not unless you are Catholic.

Date Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 13:02
NO, Spain is a protectorate of Greater France.  But you can be governor of Spain!

-------------
AAAAAAAAAA

Date Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 13:23

NO, Spain is a protectorate of Greater France.  But you can be governor of Spain!

Hmmm....a Turkish governor of Spain.  

How would that be received by all those Opus Dei army and navy officers? 

Posted By: Komnenos
Date Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 15:04
I haven't got the faintest idea what's going on here, but it looks like fun. Is there anyway one could join the revelries?

-------------
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com