Print Page | Close Window

Age Of Empires III

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Gaming and Information Technology
Forum Discription: Technology and Computer-related discussions; PC and Video Games…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3945
Printed Date: 20-Apr-2024 at 02:10
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Age Of Empires III
Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Subject: Age Of Empires III
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 06:01

Will you buy it?This game sounds perfect so I will immediately buy.The cannons had been paid the attention thay should have,with a cannon fire,soldiers are flying like toys.

But there are still unknown things about the game although the Ensemble Studios had made a great site.I still don't know when will it been issued.

check the site,especially the civilizations part:

http://www.ageofempires3.com - www.ageofempires3.com

Replies:
Posted By: The Canadian Guy
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 12:24
I love the looks of AoEIII. I had seen E3, and it looks awesome!!!

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Posted By: SulcataIxlude
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 16:34
That game sounds like fun. I'd love to be the Ottoman's.

-------------
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=dalesan

Posted By: baracuda
Date Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 16:57
Ottomans look good.. sad how they got their flag wrong though I'll definately get it..

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 17:40
bah, they indeed included Germans, how ridiculous is that?

-------------

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 23:00
The Ottomans definitely look like the most original faction. 

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ Õ„Õ¶Ö„ բՔյց Õ€Õ”Õµ Õ„Õ¶Ö„Ö‰

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 06:54

In AOE3 the Ottomans have more unique unit than other nations.

The Home City application really excited me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 12:50
Ottomans? Isn't AoE3 based in NA?

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 15:52

It is, quite fun, ah?

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 06:54

Yes,the subject of the game is the discovery of America,but they had added Ottomans too,at that period Ottoman militarical powere was still good.

-------------

Posted By: Styrbiorn
Date Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 07:21
Originally posted by General Pompeius Magnus

Ottomans? Isn't AoE3 based in NA?

Well, they threw history out of the window this time and included the Ottomans and Germans. Still looks like a great game though.

Posted By: Thegeneral
Date Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 10:35
Few, the Germans are there!

Posted By: strategos
Date Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 14:12

Do we know when this might come out?

-------------
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 09:21
In the summer in NA.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 11:27

which summer?the one we live in now?

-------------

Posted By: vulkan02
Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 13:27

i thought it was in november...

the screenshots look amazing tho... im worried now i have 128 mb ati radeon with 512 mb of memory... that might not give me top performance

-------------
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 13:45

with only 8 civs they should have had more unique units for each... at least like 5 i would say

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 14:08
? I have a Radeon Pro havent had any problems with it playing any game yet with full settings and 1280x1024.. so I doubt that this game will be a problem.

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 15:41
 i hope not ... how did Islam get to Indonesia by the way... didn't the ottomans spread it there? This could be an excuse for adding them in the game as a colonizing power.

-------------

Posted By: Anujkhamar
Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 15:42
anyone got any ideas for the expansion? a game based in expansion into asia, africa or south america?

Posted By: Belisarius
Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 16:03
Originally posted by vulkan02

i hope not ... how did Islam get to Indonesia by the way... didn't the ottomans spread it there? This could be an excuse for adding them in the game as a colonizing power.

Any Islamic presence in southeast Asia was caused by Arabic traders.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 17:06

I hope 128mb Ati and 512 RAM works without error.(same config.)

i hope not ... how did Islam get to Indonesia by the way... didn't the ottomans spread it there? This could be an excuse for adding them in the game as a colonizing power

Ottomans made rushes to the Indian Ocean in late 1500s and they had diplomatic relations with the Sultanate of Ache.In the late 1600s,the sultan of Ache wanted reinforcements and supplies from the Ottomans to use against the Dutch(or portuguese).Ottomans accepted to send,but another rebellation happened and the force couldn't send.Then Indonesia captured by Europeans.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 17:21
didn't ottomans had trading outposts in eastern Africa at some point?

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 17:24
Those were Arab trade posts IIRC

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 17:27

Yes,Ottomans used Egypt and nothern Ethipoia/Sudan for commercial works in Africa,they had trade outposts there but the rushes with navy named "Indian Sea Rushes" had been more suitable for the dominance in here.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 19:39

I'm surprised no one has posted it yet, theres a demo available for download at teh main page:

http://www.ageofempires3.com/ - http://www.ageofempires3.com/

and you've read right, Win2k and older operating systems are not supported, only WinXP, this will also be true for the full game...dumb M$ and their marketing tricks...

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 20:51
Awesome demo so far!  I like it a lot!

-------------

Posted By: Bishop
Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 22:11
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Awesome demo so far!  I like it a lot!

Really, it's worth downloading 370 meg for?

-------------
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 22:25
Oh yes, I liked it.  It only took me 2 hours or so.  Thats with Cable though.

-------------

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 23:35

mine took 10 minutes

Its a very cool demo but I wished they had the tutorial enabled, its been a long time since I last played the last Age game. 

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 15:03
A tutorial would have been useful.

-------------

Posted By: Artaxiad
Date Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 16:05
Great demo! I love playing as the Spanish.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 18:23
yuck no, the english rule!!!!!!!!!!! The crappy food makes them tougher.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 18:41
Looks good, but it's not really Age of Empires

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 10:43
Originally posted by vulkan02

i thought it was in november...

Dammit!!!! I think your right. It was supposed to had come out in the middle of 2005. I guess they're fixing bugs, and/or adding new stuff.

-------------

Posted By: SulcataIxlude
Date Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 16:25
The Iroqouis Tomahawk t**sers are so much fun to use. Same with the Comanche horseback archers. 

-------------
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=dalesan

Posted By: Kalevipoeg
Date Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 15:15
Played it today! Well, it was 3D, and that means it sucked. Not a single 3D RTS has ever played well enough to be played more than once. It was like playing C&C: Generals without tanks with 10 units on the screen at once, sad. It really disappoints the legacy of the previous games where you could acctually see the entire battlefield, not the two trees that cover the entire screen. The units looked just like they were dragged there from Empire Earth and nothing had evolved from that point forward. WOW, i can also zoom in to the soldiers and have a totally useless camera angle which has no other advantages other than that you can see the angly faces of every soldier and "animal" there. The movement is funky too - somewhere around runescape, which is pooooor. Shooting indians with an army with rifles for about 10 pounds of gunpowder per naked indian isn't too fun either. Reminds me the battles form Red Alert where a tank would shoot an infantryman for about 30 seconds to kill it with half a dozen straight explosive hits.
I saw no relevance to the AOE series other than the Age of Empires III sign in the game menu bar

Well, i hope the real game will have some improvements.

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 16:47
I agree, but i didn't expected any other way, i also had and have no intention to get the full game, the demo just confirmed by predictions.

-------------

Posted By: Bishop
Date Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 00:34
Originally posted by Temujin

I agree, but i didn't expected any other way, i also had and have no intention to get the full game, the demo just confirmed by predictions.

I agree, AOE just seems childish after playing RTW.  I guess my days of playing simple resource gathering games is over.

-------------
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Date Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 02:11

Hard game,really hard.Learn to Play section should be very detailed.

And the graphics are unnecesseary too heavy.It is the first game finds 128 mb Fx5200 insufficient i think.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 18:09
i played the demo too... after playing Rome this game to say the least completely SUCKS!

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 17:52
Just played the 'game' 3 cd version, i cant say that I am at the most thrilled with it, games of this type are getting to much alike one another...

Date Posted: 14-Oct-2005 at 17:48
The graphics are great, but the age we play in is really boring. I think I will go on playing RTW:BI.

-------------

Posted By: Artaxiad
Date Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 00:43

after playing Rome this game to say the least completely SUCKS!

Yeah. RTS games tend to get old, especially when we have RTW around...

Date Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 10:11
Yeah. RTS games tend to get old, especially when we have RTW around...

Well, in a way, RTW is also a RTS game. Remember how armies battle?

AOE is good, RTW is better. It's that simple.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 08:22

Finally...I have AOE3, it is just a copy tho. I can't play it yet because a don't have a computer to play it on. My previous computers motherboard had fried, as did the whole system. So, I might get another computer today.

-------------

Posted By: OSMANLI
Date Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 09:53

WHAT! only 8 civilizations. All being European powers. Big shame, would have liked a more international presence

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 10:52
I would had like it if they added Native American as a playable civilization. What a huge dissapointment.

-------------

Posted By: Illuminati
Date Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 16:09
Originally posted by OSMANLI

WHAT! only 8 civilizations. All being European powers. Big shame, would have liked a more international presence

They left the game fairly open so taht tehy can do an expansion later one. All big selling RTS games are created with expansions already planned

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 16:15
Originally posted by Illuminati

They left the game fairly open so thatt they can do an expansion later one. All big selling RTS games are created with expansions already planned.

Unfortunately, that's true. They do it just to make more profit.

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 09:16
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Isn't Turkey part of Asia also?

-------------

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 20:11
The Single Player Campaign was really awkward. They really wanted to avoid a tradiitional RTS campaign, and it came out...awkward, but still interesting.

I was mostly interested in the multiplayer part of the game (which is what makes RTS fun these days), and it is pretty good. The problem is that it doesn't have a rating systems - I was totally dissapointed by this. Instead it uses a %win tag which is totally useless, so matchmaking becomes very random.

Overall, the gameplay is pretty good and offers the mulitplayer that RTW doesn't offer, even though AOE3's multiplayer has been tweaked to appease casual gamers now.

-------------

Posted By: DayI
Date Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 14:12

I have aoe III there are some mistakes in it on graphical parts, like that + signs on the flags of the Ottoman ships plus the flag of modern Turkey is hanged on their capital towns  

Guys i play that game everyday on Hamachi network with other 2 guys (mostly weekends), if you want to play with us just pm me and i explain how you should do it.

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı
http://imageshack.us - [IMG - http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/DayI/2006-03-17_164450_bscap021.jpg -

Posted By: Le Renard
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:31
I played the game just on Saturday at a gaming academy.  I love the game.  I am the French, go figure, they have good units.  I like the fact that the different difficulty levels are different, not like the old games how there was no difference to speak of.  I love this game.

Posted By: Behi
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:35
I played some days ago as Spanish, It's boring
I prefer Age of Empires II & I

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 14:08
I also don't think that AOE3 is as good as the classic Age games, but since Aoe3 has the community at this point, I guess I'll just stick to it.

Aoe3 is pretty inaccurate but it's pretty interesting. I play online as Germans and they have the most anachronistic units, such as Doppelsolders, Landsknects, and Hussite War Waggons, even though the game is supposed to span up to the 1820s. I find it really fun when German Doppelsolders with two-handed swords charge against lines of rifles and cannon.

The computer personalites are pretty neat, especially Napoleon, who is very cocky and Isabella.

-------------

Date Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 00:38

you guys ever tried

rise of nations

Posted By: Le Renard
Date Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 13:17
As I have played it more, I like Age 2 better then 3.  3 has better graphics no doubt, but I like Age 2 better over all

Posted By: HOMERS HAND
Date Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 08:23
age of empiers 3  is cool a little hard to play but cool

Posted By: Gharanai
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 14:33
don't know about the expansion pack but still would like to say that the game itself is great.

-------------

Posted By: Avicenna
Date Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 23:33

Age of Empires III is great...not as good as the second one, but i don't think anyting could be as good as that.

Have you RTW fans ever played Imperial Glory, this is a great game similar to RTW it is just set during the Napoleanic era.

-------------

...Let not this body live, if there is no Iran...

Ferdowsi - 11th century AD.

http:

Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Date Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 16:51
Originally posted by DeNiZ_KaaN

you guys ever tried

rise of nations

Yea, Rise of Nations is a really fun game. I have to say it is one of the best RTS games out there. The only problem is that the community is about 100 tops, and the most people you see are 80 people in the only chatroom. But it is a huge compliment to RTS games overall

Posted By: mamikon
Date Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 17:56
I hated Rise of Nations...I find AOE 2 the best out there (AOE 2 Conquerors)

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 00:05
If any of you play Age 3 online, my username is "Pagasaeus".

Posted By: mamikon
Date Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 01:25
have you played AOE 2 online?

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 01:28
Yeah, many years ago. AoE2 was the first game I played online.

Posted By: jiangweibaoye
Date Posted: 30-Mar-2006 at 12:44

I think AOE2 is still the best.  Never played Rome but planning to soon.

I think part of the problem with AOE3 is that the setting is quite boring.  Your setting is in the Americas and you cannot play the natives!  How European.

I think AOE2 is the best.  I wish they reduced the amount of civilizations and give the remaining civilizations more unique and accurate units.  The Mongols were especially wrong.

I also think that when they introduce gunpowder units, it takes away the appeal of the game.  I prefer Swords and Bows, etc...

Posted By: Emperor Barbarossa
Date Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:29
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

I also don't think that AOE3 is as good as the classic Age games, but since Aoe3 has the community at this point, I guess I'll just stick to it.

Aoe3 is pretty inaccurate but it's pretty interesting. I play online as Germans and they have the most anachronistic units, such as Doppelsolders, Landsknects, and Hussite War Waggons, even though the game is supposed to span up to the 1820s. I find it really fun when German Doppelsolders with two-handed swords charge against lines of rifles and cannon.

Man, this game has to be pretty innacurate. Hussites were in the 15th Century, and this game starts in the 16th or 17th, right?

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 12:25
its a okay game i played i a cuole of times i have no intrese in the game i like warhammer never winter nights and rune scape thats about all the games i played and pluse pogo. http://www.pogo.com - www.pogo.com  and http://www.runescape.om - www.runescape.om

-------------
love is but one of the paths we cross

Date Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 12:27
there great games to play i love them.

-------------
love is but one of the paths we cross

Posted By: arźteixion
Date Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 02:06

This game is fine but It sad how you cant do many things you would love to, it is just not enough control over your people, but over all its a fun game.

PS. Don't like how you reach a certian population and then it says you win and you cant play that city anymore, that annoyed me.

-------------
One Can Only Assume

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com