Print Page | Close Window

Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Gaming and Information Technology
Forum Discription: Technology and Computer-related discussions; PC and Video Games…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25051
Printed Date: 10-May-2024 at 07:01
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
Posted By: hugoestr
Subject: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 04:45
Oh, muse! Bless your bard's tongue and grant him your gifts as he tells the many stories of wonder about the wicked kidnapping at the Platypi by the hands of the cruel Bullsung!

Knight Gildor Estelgalad, Noldor Elflord, had come to visit lord Platypus from his far away land. In his honor, a fighting tournament was going to be held in Gildor's honor. In the front sat lord Platypus; on his right, Gildor; on his left, Platypus' sister, fair Aelfgifu. The strong warriors were practicing among each other their courageous moves, wielding their swords and using their shields.

They were only waiting for their cousin, sweet little Hilda and for Eric the Fair, brave warrior given in marriage to Aelfgifu. Yet the time kept wasting away, and neither maid nor warrior would appear.

"My apologies, Gildor. This is looking so bad to you," said Platypus.
"Not as bad to you," said Aelfgifu, "as it looks to me." And with that she picked up a sword and got up to to look for them. As Aelfgifu got up, the father of sweet little Hilda ran towards Platypus and Aelfgifu when it was 9:00 AM.

"Lord Platypus! A terrible calamity has fallen on our house! As I and my daughter, sweet little Hilda, were about to leave our house to meet you here, at the tournament, a gang of hateful Bullsung came and kidnapped sweat little Hilda! They already had kidnapped Eric the Fair, who was unconscious on the back of a horse. I wielded my sword, but a blow knocked me out. I just woke up and came as fast as I could."

Lord Platypus rose to his feet and said, "We must avenge the dishonor that the Bullsung have brought onto the Platypi! We must rescue sweet little Hilda and Eric the Fair before their honor is gone! Warriors, rally behind me! Bullsung Castle is just 3 hours away if we take the King's Toll Road!"

A great silence fell on the camp. Slowly, the strong warriors started to walk away from the field.

"What? What kind of behavior is this, you cowards?" said Platypus.

"I will die for you, my lord," said Stephen the Safe, "yet the fame of the fearsome Bullsung is well know in this area. They are strong, terrible warriors. It is told that their chief has slayed a dragon. Many say that they are witches and talk to demons! A single Bullsung can destroy a whole army! AAAAAACK!"

Gildor got up and responded, "Those disgraceful words have dishonored you, Stephen, especially after all of the favors and gifts that our host Platypus has showered us with. I am not afraid of any Bullsung! I will go with thee, Platypus, and rescue sweet little Hilda, whom I have not seen but I have already fallen in love!"

Aelfgifu got up and said, "I will come, to rescue my future husband, Eric the fair."

"Thank you, brave Aelfgifu! Let's get our fighting gear on and travel East to Bullsung castle!" said Platypus.

Gildor took aside Platypus and said, "I am no one to get into your affairs, but don't you think that it would be safer for your sister to stay behind? Fighting is not a woman's job."

"What? You want me to tell her that she should stay? Tell her yourself." Platypus pointed towards her, as she was holding a long sword on her hand as if it were a feather. Gildor stared for a moment, and then said, "brave maid!"

The group of three champions geared up and walked in the direction of King's Toll Road. When they were about 5 minutes away from the road, they saw the market.

"Should we stop at the market or take the toll road?"

Here are some extra rules and directions about this game.

0. Ham it up. You are writing your character's own dialogue!

1. Anyone can join at any time. Just write yourself into the story. I will roll the character for you the next day at home, and tell you about how strong, intelligent, etc, etc he or she is the next day. You can ask for one special item, and I will include that into the story.

2. Rule of engaged combat To speed things up in an asynchronous forum, if you engaged in combat, you will attack 5 times in a row. I will tell you what happened to you afterwards. Can this be dangerous for the health of your character? Don't fear since I have developed...

3. Rule of self-preservation If in the five rounds of combat your character is losing badly, he or she will run away, giving you an option to decide what you can do about it.

4. Rule of lemming behavior I will try to score the game every day (except for when I go on vacation), and if you haven't said what your character is doing between each round, they will participate in whatever the majority does. If you are going to go on travel, let me know and your character will safely go on vacation himself.

5. 30 minute nodes Each time you go on a direction, you have walked 30 minutes, unless I changed that part of the story. And you can only walk through the roads. Again this is to simplify the game to be played on a forum.

Replies:
Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 09:38

I don't think I understood... lol

'Never shall we stop. Forwards!' mentioned the brave and cunning Sir Platypus and the three went onwards. Onwards and onwards, for a full half an hour. Then, the Lord noticed something strange... 

'Do you see that tree over there?'

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 12:22
A drunken came out of the bush. His face was unshaven; his smell was terrible. One hand hanged limped on this side. This could be no other than Jeff the Drunk, the sage of the Bullsung forest.

"Where are you three going," said a slurring Jeff, "I hope you brought plenty of doe because just around the corner the toll booth controlled by the terrible Bullsung is waiting for you. Five strong guards protect the road. The mountain said protects its right and a strong hill protects its left. This gate is the only safe passage through the foothills and the mountains leading to Bullsung. So, how much you got?"

Platypus looked at his purse. He carried with him 82 pieces of gold. Gildor had 60, and brave Aelfgifu 41.

"Ha, ha! With your clothes the guards will want a lot more money than that. Just go home!"

"Should we listen to him? He is a drunk..."

-------------

Posted By: Count Belisarius
Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 13:59
"We could fight them", "if bribery doesn't work", I Gildor, suggested, "Here's what we do", "I take my elven cloak and my mighty elven bow count how many guards there are", and pick a bunch of them off", "then I jump out and attack them with all of my weapons", "and then I run", "while you guy's pick the lock on the Gate", "slip in hold it open for me", (I can run faster than the guards, and I can use the woods for camoflauge if I have to aand I ahve an elvne cloak) and then shut and bar the door", "but be careful keep an eye out for people behind the gate" (obviously, and if there are we can kill or bribe them or run, depending on how many there are).    

-------------

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 14:09
"What do you think, brave Aelfgifu? Lord Platypus? Does this sound like a good plan?"

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 18:11

I reached out and gave Jeff many a mighty drubbing, and put a dagger to his throat, "Now listen thou foul knave that you are", "Your gonna get us through the gate or I'll kill you, "get the picture?".     

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 18:35
"Hey, dude! You got an anger management problem there," said Jeff, "Calm down. I know the forest well, and if you kill me, the information that I was going to give you will die with me.

"I would love to get you across, but not even I have money to cross myself. I was just about to ask you if you could lend me some money, man."

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 20:44
"Show us the way, and if you betray us I'll kill you". said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:01
"Hey, just go around this curve and the toll both will be there. But do you want to carry out your plan before you just walk up there? Once they see you, the element of surprise will be gone."

"What will you do, then? Carry out the plan or just pay the toll?"

-------------

Posted By: TheARRGH
Date Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 23:56
(I think I'd like to join this rp...)

At that moment, a tall and sinewy shape dropped lightly from a nearby boulder, landing almost soundlessly on It's feet.

It revealed itself as a tall man dressed in cloak and hood, and soft cotton clothing, various shades of deep greys and greens. He held a halberd-like weapon, strong oak haft and keen blade, in one hand, and on his back was a bundle of darts--apparently meant to be coupled with the catapultlike spear-caster at his hip.

However, the strangest thing was the multiplicity of strange items he had; herbs and bone shards, fragments of crystal, powders and creams, all adorned his belt and poked out from pouches.

this could be none other than Sarakh the Duality--a sage who was as fascinated by combat as by knowledge, someone with too many interests to name, (even if his expertise was not vast in all of them.)

"Your pardon, travelers, but did I hear that you are attempting to enter the lands of the Bullsung...?"

-------------
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 04:06
"That is the case," said Lord Platypus. "Right now we are going to put in place the plan that my friend Gildor has made. We will try to pay our fare through the toll road. If that fails, Gildor will attack them, draw them away, and we will storm the gates of the booth."

Sarakh's eyes twinkled, his mouth smiled and his stomach began to laugh. "This I must see," said Sarakh, and we walked over the curve and leaned against the rocky wall of the hill.

The party approached gate. It looked like a small fort. A wall made of stones stood in front of them. It ran from the rocky hill wall to the rocky mountain side, leaving only the iron gate as the entrance for the narrow passage.

Platypus spoke, "Good Morning, brave guards. We wish to use his majesty's road to reach Bullsung's castle."

The chief guard opened a window and he said, "Sire, I seem to recognize you. You are Lord Hoth of the House of Platypus. I have direct orders from my lord not to let you go through. I know of his crimes, and it pains me that such dishonor has fallen upon you."

"Let's us go and rescue our kinsmen," said brave Aelfgifu.

"As much as I despise my lord's crime, he is still my lord, and I am bound to loyalty."

"How about if we gave you some money to forget that you recognized us," said Gildor. The guard smiled, "It is said that gold makes one forget men. And with men of your stature, only 100 gold pieces are enough to induced in me that great loss of memory."

"100 pieces of gold!" said Gildor, "this is highway robbery!"

"As you wish, then. If you are not willing to pay 100 pieces of gold, then your honor must not be worth that price."

Gildor controlled himself as he counted the guards. Behind the wall, he couldn't see them. His plan was about to fail if they couldn't have a sure count.

"Sire," said Jeff the drunk, "I know that guard. His name is Henry. Maybe I can talk him into letting you through."

"Go ahead, but don't try anything on us," said Gildor. Jeff left the party and walked to the front of the gate shouted a few times, and the door opened quickly, let him in, and then closed quickly again. He re-appeared on the window.

"Good news, kinghts!" said Jeff. "I got away from that elf from hell! And as much as I tried to dissuade Henry, he is still willing to grant to passage for 100 gold pieces! And looked at this," Jeff held a parchment in his hand. "This was the map I was going to give you before that putrid elf friend of yours assaulted me. Now I am going to burn it in front of your eyes!" And he began to burn it. Gildor took out his bow and arrow and shot at him. But Jeff happened to lose balance and fell, escaping sure dead. He dropped the burning map outside of the gate. Aelfgifu ran for it, beating it to stop the flames.

Worse of all, the guards never came out.

"Come out and fight as a man! I demand a duel!" shouted Gildor.

"Fight the stones as much as you want for only 100 pieces of gold can open this door for you!" shouted Henry. "As for your duel, if your honor is that important, come back with 200 pieces of gold and I'll fight you. As far as I am concern, your honor, not mine, has been lost."

Sarakh, meanwhile, was holding his stomach to stop the hurt that his hard laughing had created. He walked towards the party and said, "I know Henry well, and the calculating bastard thinks only of gold, gems, and other treasures. The only thing that he holds more dear than treasure is his family.

"And this hold thing of attacking Jeff the Drunk was a fatal mistake. Jeff is a good meaning, if useless, fellow. He knows the area well; he could have given you a lot of information. And most people like him. Thankfully he quickly forgets injuries if you buy him some mead or ale."

"Jeff once told me that if you walk through the Northern forest, there is trail that leads to Bullsung castle. Unfortunately I don't know the details about it, but you may want to ask people in the market.

Now, if you are willing to have some faith, rumors say that the Abbey on the heights of Southern mountain know of a secret way to reach the Bullsung lands. This may be a fairy tale told by Christians to increase their numbers since I don't know of such a passage, but you can try that as well. Market people may know more details about that.

"I'll join you. You are of a brave stock who made a small mistake at the beginning of your journey. And soon you will learn about my interest in the Bullsung."

Aelfgifu came back with a mostly destroyed map. In it you could see that if one walks away from the gate, one will eventually reach the trail that leads to the Abbey. And if one goes back to the market, then one can get on the trail that goes to the forest.

Our heroes then though what to do. Try another attack on the stone wall? Reach Bullsung through the forest or try the rumored passage of the Christian monks?

As they discussed the different routes, a strong hunter surrounded by 4 hounds was approaching. "Did I hear that you are seeking revenge on the Bullsung?"

I got the traits of each character rolled out right now. If you wish to hear know them, pm me, and I will pm them back. Otherwise I will just hint the values of each of your traits as you attempt to perform tasks.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 04:07

"I have a plan to coax Jeff back with a few bottle's of elvish wine" said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 04:12
"Yep? Yep to what?"

when I don't attribute dialogue to any character, that means that someone asked this, but that someone is an unamed non player character. This is my trick for keeping the story rolling as I ask clarifications without breaking the suspension of disbelief.

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 07:08
Sarakh looked at gildor with slightly more respect than he had previously.

" A better plan, surely, than threatening him was. It may work, but I wonder...the guards will hardly stand by while you entice a man with a great deal of information out from their ranks. And remember; there are few pleasures in life for a guard. It is long, monotonous, and difficult work. Liquor--of any type--is one thing most barracks I have seen possess in abundance. Their counter-offer may be more than we could match. In addition, Jeff is an alcoholic, not a connoisseur. He may appreciate fine elvish wine less than you think. Probably less than some high-proof rotgut. I vote we go the way of the monastery. They may have or know of a passage; if not, they may know where we can acquire the money to pay the toll; if not...they may have liquor they are willing to spare. I hear wine is a common feature of these christian establishments, although more as a metaphor than a beverage."

He paused briefly, eyeing the new arrival as he asked his question.

"Indeed, they are; my motives are...well, similar. If somewhat more complex. Might I ask your name?"

-------------
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 11:21

'No one stops the Hoth of the Platipi! We will go over! If the mountain doesn't come to the Platipi, the Platipi go to the mountain! Your motives are not questioned. Join us if you want to. Grave peril lies over you in any case!'

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 13:41
Gildor sighed, "Okay new plan, we say we'll pay their stupid fee and kill them when they come out", "and if they don't come out then we take explosive potions from Sarakh's belt (assuming He has some) mix it with my wine and create a powerful expolsive light the fuse and then toss it over", "and even if it doesn't bring the gate down it'll kill some guards and then we can tell them to open the gate or we'll toss more over until their all dead" (who that might get Jeff to come out), and then Gildor let out a blood curdling battle cry, and attacked the gate itself, and with his mighty blade and his powerful side kicks he created several large cracks in the gate, he stopped slighty out of breath, "Well, He said, "I broke all the toes in my left foot, but now we can lodge explosives in the cracks I made and touch them off (from a safe distance of course). And if none of this works we do things Sarkakh's way. By the way does anybody have climbing gear?.            

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 14:33
"Gildor, wake up!"

Gildor opened his eyes. "What happened?"

"You went crazy and started kicking the iron gate. You knock the gate so hard with your long sword that it bounced back on your head. Luckly it hit you in the broad side. You lost consciousness for a few seconds, although you kept babbling something about explosives and climbing gear. And look at your foot! You seriously injured it! you are going to slow down our movement by half!"

"And now we got to take you to a healer. I heard that in the forest live two witches. One is very powerful; the other one is not. They can help us with your foot. Or we can go to the mountain Abbey where the monks are known for healing the sick and the injured."

"It sounds like most people want to go to the abbey. Is this right?" Should the party move in that direction?, brave warriors?"

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 14:38
"Just leave me here", said Gildor, "I have a grappling hook and a rope", you guy's go on to the abbey", "I'll meet you at the castle.  

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 15:13
" We cannot leave a friend behind; especially not when he is injured. Besides, you are still affected by that blade hitting your head. You are carrying your chain mail, shield and long sword, as a good warrior should. And this is what you have in your backpack, brave one:

"6 torches, 4 sacks, your elven bow with 6 magical arrows, and 24 regular arrows.

"You don't have thief's tools, Gildor, but if you wish to get a rope and a grappling hook, we must buy it at the market."

"Does anyone else have it, then?"

The party began looking through their backpacks.

Brave Aelfgifu had
Chain Mail
Shield
Long Sword
6 torches
4 sacks
Backpack
1 Spear

The hunter had
Dagger
6 torches
4 sacks
1 Backpack
4 blood hounds
1 Bow
48 arrows

Lord Hoth, of the House of the Platypus had
quarterstaff
6 torches
4 sacks
Backpack
1 spell
3 potions

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 15:15
"Should we then go up to the monastery?"

-------------

Posted By: Darius of Parsa
Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 15:24
"I don't know if I am dressed for the occasion, but I'll go if you follow"

-------------
What is the officer problem?

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 17:14

Gildor swung his grappling hook and caught the top of the gate. "One of us should climb up and see whats on the other side and mabye unlock the gate for us', he strung his bow and knocked an arrow, I'll cover the climber", he said, "and if that doesn't work we'll go to the abbey mabye they have a library that we can look through to find information on the our route and the bullsung", ''and Sarakh do you have a healing potion for my foot"? asked Gildor.  

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 18:19
"Gildor, my dear, there ain't no grappling hook. If you want one, you got to get one from the market. As for a healing potion, do you have one Sarakh?"

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 19:19
Gildor limped back to the market, he found a stall that sold climbing gear, "I wonder what else they sell here, he thought, "I should also get some supply's and medicine", "mabye they sell horses here", "how much will a grappling hook cost"? he asked the vendor.      

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 21:48
Sarakh opened his mouth to speak, but Gildor had limped off by that point. He sighed deeply as he watched him walk off.

"And I HAD one, too. Oh well...he may find something useful at the market, and I have some medical training--I'd rather not use the only healing potion I have left, but I think I can help his foot without it. Herbs, a splint perhaps. As well," (turning to platypus, who so recently exhibited such fervor) "I realize, oh Platypus, that you dislike being hindered in any way--but that it a strong wall with a metal door guarded by capable men with very large weapons, and we do not have the numbers or tools for a siege. We may be better served by finding some possible way around rather than through...and as I have said, the abbey may be best. let us adjourn to the market after our...compatriot--I have a feeling he may get into trouble without us--and then head to the monks' habitations."

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 22:34

Gildor was haggling with the vendor and tying a splint for his foot and cursing all metal doors, when he saw his....... friends?, approaching, he waved at them. Then he decided to pray to the great god Hugodin for guidance.  

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:18
Sarakh nodded politely at Gildor. "Gildor--I may be able to treat your foot. I have some medical training...perhaps not extensive, but I think I can splint and bandage it. Enough for you to move around more normally, I think." Sarakh bade Gildor to be still and sit down, and attempted with cunning and calm to ascertain the nature of the injury, and treat it.
As he worked, he spoke in low tones. "I had thought the abbey might be the better way, and I think we should head in that direction after we have finished here, but we may want to ask around in this market. There is much that may be gleaned from the people here, I think; and even if not, then we have lost little by trying."

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:36
"I agree", said Gildor, he stood up and tested the splint, it worked beautifly. 'Thank you my friend", he said, I think we should purchase some medical supplys, food stuffs, spare clothing, tools, and some climbing gear", agreed?.   

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:03
The Platypus then said, "Friends, I invite you to have some food here at the market and to talk about our different lives. We need some rest and to bring out thoughts together. Let's go to the ale house and talk!"

I am going to be gone from tomorrow until Sunday afternoon. While I am gone, go to the ale house and talk about your back stories.

-------------

Posted By: Akolouthos
Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:13
An absentminded wanderer appears in the realm, says, "Eh? What's all this now?" and immediately falls asleep standing. It appears he suffers from narcolepsy and will only be able to act every now and then; thus, the wanderers of the realm could either welcome him or dismiss him on the grounds that he will only be able to participate every now and again due to time constra... er... narcolepsy.

-Akolouthos

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:42
"So whats your story"?, Gildor, he said to Aefgifu.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:46
  As they sat down in the alehouse, Sarakh swirled his  flagon, moodily observing the flow of the contents.

"I'm sure your stories are much more interesting than mine...a mere progression of events, rather than some great and heroic tale. I was born in a land you likely have never seen; hence the reason my name is so different than any you have heard. I was a member of a people known as the Shomo'Vashe...we lived in the deserts and volcanic islands of the coast where I was born. unlike many other Shomo'Vashe, I was born in the city, rather than on the sea of sand or water. I grew to a determined youth...I was in some ways delinquent when I was much younger, and much of my life was spent trying to escape that--turn fury into control, stubbornness into maturity. It was a long struggle, but I succeeded, and grew...I went into the corp of diplomats of the Kharakhem'Shulvas--the Kharakh Alliance. Kharakh, you should know, is what the larger group that includes the Shomo'Vashe calls themselves...and while they are very distinct groups, there is a strong alliance and a central government--such as it is--which holds them all together. We are one people, and many, at the same time. In the corp of diplomats, I learned several things--I loved knowledge, persuasion, and the complexities of policy...and I had a grim delight in combat.

I was learning as a mage while in the diplomatic corp, you see...and mages of the Shomo'Vashe are required to take a long journey of self-discovery--or more precisely, to simply get away from University and out into the world, and at the same time away from civilization. The diplomatic corp understood, and released me from bondage for a period: with the caveat that I was to communicate to them any new information regarding the peoples I encountered that they could use to better facilitate understanding.

I traveled north and east for a while, eventually reaching a new land where great and strange peoples lived...the Tssakh, the creatures of predatory claw and fang and scale, in their great cities rising from the jungles and rocky crags. The Sarkuth, barbarians from the north, huge and red-eyed, warriors and traders. The Kan, so much like us humans...but so different, nihilistic and proud, fierce swordsmen and riders surrounded by more powerful states, living amidst the ashes of an empire they had made that had fallen over two decades ago...Tyrann, that empire was named.

I encountered a Tssakh by the name of Saryssk and a Sarkuth by the name of Vulgren...they traveled with a woman known only as Nalya, who was of no people I had known; the Quelros, apparently--they were renowned as graceful, persuasive, and as constant planners and plotters, but good allies and friends. She fit all these traits, and more..."

Sarakh seemed wistful for a moment, staring sadly into the mists of memory for something. After a brief pause, he shook himself out of whatever moment he had been recalling, and continued.

"At any rate...I met them only briefly, and traveled for only a little while, for my powers were guiding me across the waters again, but they showed me the glory of fighting for a cause, or for necessity, and I learned. Saryssk named me Sarakh, or 'Warrior Kin,' but my original name was Zerus'thanem, or 'Rainmaker,' for that is what they call a sage in the desert lands, and my father hailed from there as my mother came from the islands. I took Sarakh as my name, though, for I had earned it in that brief time of victory on the bloody fields...I am Sarakh Zerus'thanem, Rain-maker and Warrior-kin.

I was shipwrecked in the crossing of the sea, though, as I traveled away following my soul, and washed through untold Aeons, it seemed, to this land. I settled myself in, but I do not know how far away my home is, or whether I am even in the same world anymore...I have heard the Bullsung have great wizards, or that they may know where to find one or two. I will help you avenge yourself, for to steal a living person is no small insult..."

Sarakh's eyes flared coldly for a moment, and he suddenly seemed far more deadly than he had before...the charm and with were for a moment parted like mists, and underneath was the face of one who would struggle through ice and sand and destroy any enemy without remorse or hesitation if it was required; it was the face of a predator.

"...but part of my reason for helping you is to find someone who may be able to help me find my way back home--and hopefully," he said, eyes twinkling with charm again, "to leave a bridge that can be crossed if I ever wish to return. I like this land...I see no reason to forget it or it's people forever."

he settled back, and sipped from his mug.

"That is my tale. What of yours?"

(note: I'll be gone from tomorrow to late in the day tuesday, so I can't post more than this for a while.)

((note also: sorry, Aelfgifu, for jacking the "first to tell backstory" slot. Don't taze me!

...'Cause, y'know, you staffmembers can totally taze people over the internet. Cheers))

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 08:32

[Very fun people... ]

'Aelfgifu,.. you are sleeping? Hmmh... Well, go on Gildor... '

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 14:51
"I was born in valinor', began Gildor. 'He paused and it struck his companions how truly and incredibly ancient he really was the first thing I saw that I can remember was the presence of the vala themselves", "you all know how the elves left the valar I went with them but the woman I loved and our child stayed'', he stopped and an incredible and deep sorrow flickered across his countenance then it was gone and Gildor's face was it's normal impassive mask. "You all know the tale of  the war the elves fought against Morgoth and how he was defeated by the host of the valar and how we came to middle earth my wife and my son were with the host of the valar and they stayed with me for a while and I made amends for what I'd done'', "then she went back to valinor but my son stayed and dwelt with me in Lothlorien", during the war of the ring we fought together at Helm's deep, I was badly wounded Legolas and Gimli dragged me inside the keep, but my son was surrounded", "he perished on the wall, his name...... was Haldir", and so I returned to Lorien but I didn't stay for long soon I began to travel one day when Legoas and Gimli build their ship I will sail away with them to the gray havens and thus I will uninted again with my wife and my son but for now I wander the world".      

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:21

'Ah... Valinor. I have seen the glory and wisdom of the First Ones. I hope you are a match of them and you would be ready to sacrifice yourself for us as the great Lords of Gondolin once did...', Hoth, of the House of the Platypus, then adjusted his position, only to continue:

[I hope you DO KNOW that there were no elves except Legolas Greenleaf at the Helm's Deep???]

[Plus, could you actually take a caring for grammar and punctuation?]

'I think you've drinken a bit too much. Helm's Deep was a glorious victory but no elves except Legolas were there. And you surely are not the father of him...'

*Whispers to the sleeping Aelfgifu*

'I guess we've got ourselves some kind of a wanna-be person here... delusional...'

[You can't hear when I whisper, btw]

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:21
The were elves at helms deep in the movie.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:26
Tolkien didn't film the movie. The film is Peter Jackson's... We are doing Tolkien's LotR. Don't say you haven't read it... 

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:41
OOC: I have read it.

BTW it's Tolkien inspired

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:43
So... Now you might edit your posts to be Italic so people can understand it's OOC talk.. .

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:52
"If you'll excuse me", said Gildor, "I'm going to go take care the narcoleptic dude", whisper to Lord Hoth, "He'll a good human sheild if nothing else", "Sarakh you would'nt happen to have some red bull would you"?.

-------------

Posted By: Aelfgifu
Date Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 14:24

Sorry, I was out of the country for a few days. Am back now :)

The silence left after the Elf stopped speaking was so intense it made Aelfgifu wake up with a start. "Eh...oh... sorry about that. Nodded off for a bit there...

Well, my story is not really any so interesting or, um, emotional. I was born around here, as you might imagine, since my brother is lord here. My parents called me Aelfgifu, elven-gift, because they saw my birth as a blessing. It has crossed my mind they might not have considered it a very smart choice, with hindsight.

I was a very wayward child. Far from contending myself with learning the arts of becoming a fine lady, such as playing delicate  insturments and doing needlepoint, I insisted on escaping my ladies in waiting and running off to the barracks and weapons yard to learn how to use a sword and use interesting swearwords. When my parents decided I needed a husband to keep me in line, I ran away to the witches in the wood, hoping to learn magic from them. They did their best, but I turned out to have too little patience to learn the delicate touches of witchcraft, so when my fathers men found me, I decided I might as well come back with them. By then, the petty nobleman intended for me had begun to get second thoughts about marrying a woman who would rather be a witch than his wife (I believe he had had a bad run in with witches in the past, he was quite scared of them), so rather than risking my using the little I had learned against him in his own home, he backed out.

Becoming exceedingly exasperated with me, my parents decided to lock me in a tower in the forest, guarded by goblins, and promised my hand to any mad enough to free me. As it is, this suited me just fine. There are two things that impress goblins, and that is being able to drink copious amounts of alcohol without toppling over, and swearing with words that comprise of more than four syllables. Soon, I had the full respect of my 'jailors' and they taught me how to use a sword properly and to fight dirty. They also courteously disposed of all suitors foolish enough to be tempted by my dowry.

And then Eric turned up. Knowing he could only defeat the goblins by their own means, he challenged them to a drinking bout, and won gloriously. The goblins, in due awe of his talent and in no rush to die, agreed that he could take me away, as long as I agreed to go with him.

Well, all in all, the tower had become a bit boring, Eric seemed like a guy with the right attitude in him, and I am a sucker for blue eyes, so that is sort of how I came to be engaged. And then the sweet fool went and had himself kidnapped. After finally finding a nice man, I am in no mood to let some gods%#$*&@ *&@%"~* @#$">`€ Bullsung get between me and my wedding night.

-------------

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.

Date Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 17:45
"Eric's a lucky man', said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 12:35
'So he is. But look at the time? Perhaps, we should retire for the evening and continue our magnanimous quest when the sun rises above the eastern mountains? '

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 15:22

"I think I'll just stay up and watch the fire", said Gildor, abandoning the narcoleptic man, good night all", he said. Then Gildor prayed again to the great god Hugodin for guidance. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:49
Suddenly, the narrator came back.

"Remember, brave ones, that you have choices to make. Either go to the Abbey for the secret passage to the Bullsung, or try the ford in the forest. Should you rest until tomorrow, or leave right away? Or will you browse through the market place?"

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:53
"Lets go to the river", said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 18:50

'We will go by the secret passage, I say!'. 

'Lady Aelfgifu, what is your say in this most pressing matter?'

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 19:53
"I am for the fort by the river, myself. I never trusted these monks much. But I do think we should go the the market once more before we set off. We need some supplies at least. We need rope, and although we have torches aplenty, I am not sure we have a flint and steel between us."

-------------

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.

Date Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 20:00
"And we'll need a grappling hook", said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 13:56
'I'm missing something. We have torches, but why will we use them? I do need see the need for them, the river does not need torches to be crossed and I'm sure the ford is too dangerous to be have torches used in it's crossing. Perhaps we should drop them?'

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:38
Proceed to the market and be ready to trade.

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 20:16
Gildor did his gods bidding and went to the market. he found a stall that sold climbing gear, "How much for a grappling hook and some rope"? he asked the vendor.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 02:43
"The grappling hook you can have for two gold pieces, and the rope for 5 copper pieces a foot. How much rope do you want, sire?"

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 03:47
Sarakh wandered through the market, perusing the various goods, but primarily attempting to discover everything that the people there could tell him on the subjects of (variously) the Abbey and it's monks, the forest river crossing, the witches that lived in said forest, and the Bullsung.

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 09:24

"We will take two grappling hooks, and two hundred feet of rope!" said the sire to the vendor; turning to his companions he added 'Just in case...'

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 17:14
"Do you know where I could find an armory?", Gildor asked the vendor

-------------

Date Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 18:04
"Go ask for Yorkel, down there for the armor. Hopefully he will have some light armor for your kind.

And if you you want to ask for directions to the Abbey and to reach the ford, look for Howard's girlfriend, Ralph. Just be aware that the man is charming, but he is the biggest mulch! He is known for moving into an house and living there and running huge tabs for his friend."

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 17:14
And they went and ask Ralph. He said,

"The forest has gangs of robbers that move around. Beware! And there are two witches that live there. The ford is to be guarded by strong guards! There is one powerful witch; the other one is said to be lousy. However, people can't tell them apart until they use their services.

The Abbot is a kind man and will heal pagans and Christians alike, but it is known that he favors Christians. He has also been known to do a lot to convert people into Christianity. His beer is excellent, and the only one made in this area.

The Bullsung... well, they are the mightiest warriors of the area. Have powerful wizards among their ranks. One of them is said to have slayed a dragon! I will try negotiation first; I rather spar with words than with swords with those people."

"So, are you going to hang around here longer, or buy that armor before you leave?"

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 17:27
"How much will some armor cost?," Gildor said to yorkel.

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 19:02
A nice set of leather armor will only cost you 15 pieces of gold. We can put some metal plates on it for another 5, ready this evening. Metal armor will be 30 pieces of gold, since we must modify it to fit such a great Elf as yourself. We can have the modifications ready by tomorrow morning if you wish to do it.

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 21:01
I would like your finest, lightest, metal armor preferably mithril that will give me great protection and great flexiblity and it will not encumber or weigh me down or slow me down in any way whatsoever and it must be well oiled to prevent rust and to make it almost silent and it must be elvish style and it must be well enameled in bronze green and gold like autumn leaves and it must be silver washed, and the would do the wealthiest of Elf kings proud. The pieces will be composed of clawed sabatons, greaves with with spiked poleyns, a cuirass, tassets, a codpiece, spiked guantlets, vambraces with spiked couters, pauldrons with a stop rib a gorget, and a fine kingly helm with a star shaped jewel, Gildor pulled one out of his pocket, On the forhead and it should look something like this Gildor pulled two disgrams out of his pocket one showed armor from the days when the fought at mordor another showed elvish armor from helms deep, and the greavesand vambraces must have special sheaths formy knives, more thing do you have armor that will fit an elf thats over seven feet tall? If you can get all that done today to the letter with no corner cutting whatsoever I will pay Fourty gold coins and fifty jewels and two pounds of mithril and I will let you keep the diagrams they have several commentary's on metal working that contain valubule information and will give you metal working potions to help make the metal superior and too speed up the process, and I will give you if you can get all that done today and I will also tell you the ingredients of the potions and where to find the ingredients          

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 22:38
Sarakh stared blankly at Gildor as he negotiated with the armorer, absolutely no expression crossing his face. Then, he turned to the others.

"It's up to you, I suppose...I still hold that we make for the abbey first, and go to another area if we cannot find what we need there. Information, healing, and alchohol to bribe with in one package is not something we should ignore. The river crossing sounds much like the pass did; guarded well, and difficult to circumvent. And the witches...are a gamble, as you heard."

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 16:03
"We will do the best we can, sire!," said the tradesman, looking at the diagrams. I myself will run to my workshop and start on the project. It will takes us at least three day, maybe four, if you allow us to substitute some local materials for the elven ones. If this is not of your liking, we can send a courier to find the right materials, but that may take him a few weeks.

"In the mean time, let me offer you this fine chain mail that we have that will fit you, on loan. It is much lighter than the one you have, and it will offer you better protection. We will also repair your current chain mail. All what we need is for you to leave us a deposit the 40 pieces of gold, to get some materials, and the rest of the payment will be given when we deliver you your fine armor."

You all walked away, after and exchanging chain mail and giving the deposit, and stood outside of the market. It was time time to take a vote on whether the heroes will go towards the ford through the woods or visit the monastery.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 19:53
"It is a hard choice" Said Gildor, "Perhaps we could split up and go both ways and meet at bullsung? and if one of the routes is a failure then the party who took that route turns back and catches up with the other party".

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 20:27
Sarakh shrugged. "Possibly. From a tactical standpoint, it would be unwise, but I do not think we will expressly need combat ability to get into Bullsung lands. For my part, I vote for the Abbey, however."

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2008 at 23:38
 Gildor sighed "Enough debate Mon-Keigh's, "I will go to the ford since my foot is injured", "I will only slow you down if I accompany you to the abbey". And then he walked off to the ford.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 03:13
His friends followed him, since they were not going to abandon Gildor. They walked for an hour through the path outside of the market on its north side. After about an hour of walking through a nice meadow, they reached the entrance of the forest. Even though it was already noon by now, the great canopies of the trees made it very shady.

"That Ralph seemed to have talked up too much the dangers of the forest. It seems that there is no one around, and with luck we will soon reach the river and cross to reach the Bullsung."

As these words were spoken, the group of heroes saw another group of men ahead of them, walking slower than they were. They followed the narrow and winding path east, until they saw a group of 10 strangers, all wearing crosses, either as pendants or on their cloths. Two of them wore armor; the rest just walked in robes. As the party got closer to them, they could hear the strangers reciting aloud some Christian prayers.

The heroes got close enough to greet them. What did they do and how do they approach the strangers?

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 03:57
Gildor made sure his bow was strung and ready and readied his dagger knives and longsword takig care that the preists didn't see him doing that (because of his limp he'd lagged behind and the preists hadn't seen him) while he liked preists he found it odd that a christian preist would be wearing armor, then he slipped into the woods using his elven cloak. "You greet them", he whispered to Sarakh", "your the diplomat and don't tick them off".

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 06:29
Sarakh set his Halberd down carefully, then walked to about twenty feet away from the priests and called out. "Hail! May I speak to you, sirs?"

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 16:25
"Mosts certainly!" said the man wearing the armor. "We are a group of devoted Christians that are looking around for two witches in this area. We intend to destroy them, once and for all. There is also talk that somewhere around here is a sacred tree to Pagans. That we will chopped down and burn, and put in its place an alter to the Virgin Mary. Are you Christians?" said the man smiling.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 17:47
Sarakh, betraying no trepidation, bowed slightly. "We have a great respect for God, milord. Currently, we are trying to enter Bullsung lands--they have done great harm to us, and possibly even more to our friends, and we wish to settle accounts with them...but we know of no way in without paying a toll or vicious combat, and to kill without need is a sin against our Savior. Do you know of any other way inside their lands?"

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2008 at 23:27
"As you can see, down there the path breaks in two ways. One leads east, directly to the river. Follow that path and you will eventually find the ford. But I must warn you that the guards there work for the pagan witches, which have cast a horrible spell on them. The spell changed them into gruesome monsters with inhuman power, and they only obey their evil master, whom we want to destroy. Do you care to join us in our quest to rid of paganism this land?"

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2008 at 00:09
"Hold on" Aelfgifu said, "what tree exactly were you planning to cut down? I sure do hope it is not the Great Oak in the Sacred Grove that houses the spirits of my ancestors..."

And with an omnious look, she proceeded to draw her sword.

"Because if it is, I will be doing some cutting down of certain things myself"

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2008 at 02:22

Gildor reached down form the tree he was perched in and grabbed Aelfgifu and put his hand over her mouth. "Shut up you stupid Mon-keigh", he hissed, "before you get us all killed".

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2008 at 06:43
Sarakh surveyed the priest, then began speaking carefully. "Sir, may I ask a question? I am not an accomplished theologian, but I have always believed that destruction is the least persuasive action one can take, at least when related to the spirit. Destruction is useful in it's place, but it does not enrich the spirit or the name of god in and of itself--it merely defeats that which endangers one physically. To truly give glory to the name of God and his son who died for us, forgiving even still upon the cross those who nailed him there, I have always thought that the best course is persuasion--show the sword, and that is what people believe in, not God. But show them god, and given patience and kindness, they move away from whatever else they previously worshipped. To destroy the witch and the tree will not rid the land of paganism; it will make those who remain silent pagans, but pagans still, and those who convert merely...afraid  or impressed. If the witch or the tree atack you, then fight by all means, of course. But destruction is purely physical, and does not truly change or create faith. A sword can be blocked, sir. But a disease or a cancer can only be carefully, slowly, KINDLY eased out. If you wish to rid the lands of paganism, sir, I put to you this question; would it not be better do do it as a healer--as christ did--than as a conqueror? I mean no offense, but it does not seem the best course against paganism--merely the best course against one pagan and one symbol, empty of threat in itself. Please, do not be angry with me--but it seems...illogical."

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 01:02
"I agree with you". Gildor whispered to Sarakh, holding on to Aelfgifu for dear life, the willowy young Mon-Keigh was stronger than she looked. "I always felt that converting by the sword makes more atheists and pagans that it does converts".  

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 14:12
The leader of the group let his mouth hang open while Sarakh talked. He squinted his eyes as if this would make it easier for him to understand what he was saying. He then said,

"Thank you for your sermon, stranger. It has been most edifying to most of us..."

"You understood him? I didn't know what he was talking about..." said one of the Christians.

"Silence! Of course I understood him!" the leader growled at his follower. "This is what he meant: here is a holy Christian man with a group of disciples who are spreading the Gospel in this area. And his words we shall follow from now on: when we meet pagans and the witches, we will give them a chance to convert in their heart. If they fail to do that, we shall use the SWORD!"

The followers cheered at the words of their leader. When they calmed down, he then said to Sarakh:

"here the road fork, wise man. We shall go North to find the witches and give them thy holy choice. You an join us north and we can keep ourselves entertain in our company. There is a northern trail that also leads to the ford.

"Or you can go East and reach the river faster. It is up to you, wise one."

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 14:58

'Be damned, this wretched land of forests!' said the Lord rising from his deep swomber. 'You speak of this river, old man? I seem to have heard of it in my earlier days. I do believe, that the river is the wrong way to go, but I can not confirm that. I can not confirm that.' He let his eyes wander over the large area of trees that surrounded the two groups and then over his most precious armour and weaponry until he noticed that a bird had begun to listen to their speakings most attentively. 

'Bird, oye! Fly down here at once!' 

The bird did as he was requested to. The Lord yet thought that the bird had some role to play, and decided, to leave the things up for a chance now: 'Wise bird, you have listened to our tellings. Now fly to the direction we must go by!' 

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 15:16
Gildor muffled a shriek of pain as Aelfgifu bite through the leather on the palm side of his guantlet and into his palm his hands slipped off and the startled elf and the woman plunged out of the tree and into the rocks below they landed.... hard, "GOD @#%^#$!!!!!***!!!!!!!" roared Gildor, to be honest it was more of a moan. Aelfgifu wasn't hurt as she landed on top of Gildor's massive frame but that only made matters worse for the elf "OH  mailto:#@**$ - #@**$ # bleepity bleep bleep bleep !!!!!!" he moaned.   

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 17:19
Aelfgifu, udeterred by the fall, sprung up on her feet and stepped forward.

"I'll not follow any nibsy-whimpsy men in dresses anywhere. The matter of the tree is unresolved" and drawing her sword fully out of the scabbard she told her companions, "surely the lot of us fully armed need not listen to this pityful group. Only two of them are armed. And we sure have no need of the like of them on our quest."

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 21:42

"Oh, get over it" she added towards Gildor as she caught him looking at his bleeding hand with a dubious look on his face, "it is not as though I have rabiës or something."

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 22:23
Sarakh calmly raised a hand. "Actually, sir, you may have misconstrued my meaning as to the method of remving paganism. Here it is, plainly and humbly: like a healer, not a warrior. Found a hospice, an abbey, a solemn place for the healing of the body and the greatness of the spirit. People see the world through their bodies--their eyes, their ears, their hands. When they see with the body that you feel only love and wish them only kindness, then they will embark upon the journey of realization of the spirit of christ, and their souls will find Him. I guarantee that if you go now, the witch, or any true pagans, will say no--and you will fight them, and people will die.

But I promise you--in time if they feel no threat and see nothing but help and kindness, one day even witches will wish walk within the grace of god.

You see. sir, I have seen pagans who believed in what they did--who had pride, and who had strength. To threaten that will not erase it. To Provide an example of something better--now THAT is something all can believe in. Only god may judge, and all that one may do as a christian is show others as much of god's grace as you can, and hope that they make the choice to join Him in heaven. I can defeat a man if he attacks me, and I can try to escape a wolf if it pursues me, but it is not my place to attack that man first, or hunt down all the wolves, or judge him and hate them. I do what i can to live in happiness and help others do so, but Christ himself would be hard-pressed to find a reason why I should attack rather than defend. I must be a guardian and a healer, rather than a lord or a warrior."

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 00:02
Gildor staggered to his feet, "Aelfgifu, he said. "Do you want your ancestors to remain locked up in some tree? when they could be free?", "besides they may have already moved on", "that doesn't mean you should cut down a perfectly healthy tree", he said to the priests,  my friends", he said to the preists", "where does it say in the good book to kill people who don't believe what you believe?", "people should be able to choose", "go to them with kindness like Jesus did".  

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 11:18
[OKAY... Does everyone just ramble on randomly or something]

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 03:08
The leader of the Christians said,

"You speak great words, wise man. We will certainly listen to some of the points..."

"That woman!" said one of the followers, trembling, pointing at aelfgifu "that woman... is a witch!"

"Shut up! What are you talking about?"

"Look at her! She is becoming... a troll!"

Everyone turned to look at Aelfgifu. She indeed was transforming. She become taller, more muscular. Worts and blotches on her skin became developing as they watched. Her hands became bigger and menacing. A tail burst through her cloths.

A firefly circled in front of her. Its light became brighter and brighter, and it began to grow larger and larger. The insect's head was transformed into the face of a dead man with hollow eyes and pale skin. It began to talk:

"Sweet Aelfgifu, so sweet! You remind faithful to your ancestors and your don't forget the religion of your mothers and grandmothers. Your devotion has so moved us, that we have grant you the power to become a troll at will. You can decide now which form to take. After today, after night time, you can only change your form once a day, at night, from human to troll; from troll to human. Use this power against your enemies and to protect our sacred trees."

The face disappeared and the giant firefly became a small and flew away. Aelfgifu was once again a woman.

The Christian ran away in terror.

"Oh, great," said Lord Platypus. "She was hard to deal with before she could become a troll at will. Now let's see who can control her when she gets angry."

[Yes, think of it as interactive literature or improvisational acting]

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 03:35
"I vote we go to the abbey since the ford is guarded by inhuman monsters", said Gildor.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 04:59
sarakh sighed as the christians moved away, then turned to the others. "That...went considerably better than I had dared to hope. Normally, the people I try to persuade don't really listen to me, and when they do, they certainly don't do it because they think I'm wise. Well, now that the pagans in this area have been at least momentarily spared from being put to the sword in the name of divine love..."

He picked up his halberd, observing it critically, then continued. "The abbey it is...however, first...Aelfgifu! Lord Platypus! Might is be possible for either of you to send some sort of message back to whatever suffices as the pagan version of a clergy to tell them that they may want to build schools or hospices? If the christians actually do as I say, than they are likely to win converts by the hundred unless there is legitimate competition. I wouldn't ask that they change the tenets of their faith, but they may wish to, shall we say, prepare for a theological arms race. Just because I give people good advice in order to stop them from killing doesn't mean I take sides. And there are likely to be other christian missionaries less open to persuasion. Tell the priests or shamans or whatever they are to get ready for a conflict of faiths."

His grin could have graced a crocodile, and was only marginally less dangerous-looking.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 13:00
'It is indeed. But that will take us some time. Are you sure the message is so important?'

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 15:10
The party then turned back and moved West, going back to the market in order to take the King's Road to the Southern mountain, where the abbey was located. They had walked for about an hour when they found a lone knight, with helmet on, metal plate, and wielding a sword, walking in their direction.

"Who DARES walk in me lord's land?" growled the knight. He stood there, glimmering, his armor glimmering with the hard rays of light that reached him in the middle of the forest. "Why have you trespassed?"

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 17:31

Gildor ducked into the the trees on the left side of the road and readied his weapons and drwew a bead on the knight. "Sarakh", he whispered, "you explain why we're here to the bellicose metal-clad Mon-keigh", and might be a good idea to keep your halberd ready".

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 22:25
Originally posted by rider

'It is indeed. But that will take us some time. Are you sure the message is so important?'

Sarakh shrugged. "In the long term, definitely."

When they came to the knight, he stood tall, holding the glittering halberd in one hand and sweeping the air in a confident gesture with the other. "Sarakh the Duality, Gildor of the Leaping-Arrow, The Honorable Lord Platypus, and The Mighty Aelfgifu, Knight! And who are YOU, that you have the courage to stand in the path of just vengeance? Good friends of ours have been kidnapped by the Bullsung, and we seek the Abbey for the knowledge of how to enter their lands, so that we may rescue those who have been dishonorably taken!"

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 12:25
"My lord is is Eric, the mighty little one from the mines! He owns everything you see. His property extends from where you are standing to 40 days of walking. You are trying to steal his land! I will not accept this! Stand ready for battle!"

And then the knight stood in ready position. If one looked carefully, one could see wild eyes glimmering through the helmet's visor.

"Since there are only four of you, I will allow you to go first. This handicap will make my defeating you fair!"

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 14:45
Gildor fired five of his arrow's taking care only to wound and incapacitate but not to kill, each arrow hitting true. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 15:48
Gilder fired five arrows, 4 wounding the knight. One hit him as well, but his armor protected him. He is gravely injured now, but still on his feet.

"Where are you coward!" screams the knight. "Your name has been dishonored by attacking me with treachery of arrows and in hiding! Come out with your sword so that I can fight with with the manliness that you lack, and teach you the true art of war with my sword!"

"He looks very ill. Another decisive attack will probably do him in," said lord Platypus to his friends.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 18:39
"Surrender or fall, Knight! I will heal you if you yield, but should you stand to fight...we will not be merciful!"Sarakh cried.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 20:51
Gildor jumped out from the trees and buried the knight beneath his seven feet and ten inches bulk, then he yanked off the knight's helmet and pulled out a dagger and hit the knight squarely on the jaw with the pommel two times in an attempt to stun him.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 01:28
Gildor jumped on the the knight, and brought him down with a big thump. He then took out his helmet, and attacked him with his dagger. Yet at the last minute, the knight moved his head, just getting a slight cut on the chin.

"You can't hit me even when you are on top of me? Are you a warrior or minstral?" said the knight.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 05:52
Sarakh sighed deeply, then stepped around behind the knight and brought the butt of his halberd down in a purposeful manner, aiming to stun.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 15:31
"Augh!" said the knight. For a while he didn't say anything. Then he said, "that is all what you have? God knows that if I had the chance that you had on me, I would have given a fatal blow!

"Tell the truth... you are lovers of me wife? Correct? She is so afraid of my anger that she sent her lovers to kill me? Correct?"

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 15:58
Gildor enraged at the knights dismissal of his fighting prowess yanked his barbed mithril arrow heads out of the knights body.... as slowly and as hard as possible then he drew his long sword and with the pommel he hit the knight on the jaw with all of his elven strength and rage, four times. Then he slammed the knights head against the ground two times taking care not to kill him then he held his dagger to the knights throat, "Aelfgifu, he called. Quick! get some of the rope and tie him up, then take his armor it will make a good wedding present to your Eric. "Now sirrah, he hissed to the knight. How's about telling me everything thou knowest, and tell me why any woman in her right mind would want to marry you? tell me before I slit thine knavely throat, mon-keigh. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com