Print Page | Close Window

**Medieval total war 2**

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Gaming and Information Technology
Forum Discription: Technology and Computer-related discussions; PC and Video Games…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14948
Printed Date: 25-Apr-2024 at 01:11
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: **Medieval total war 2**
Posted By: olkiej
Subject: **Medieval total war 2**
Date Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 12:24
turkish janissary archers (without improvements such as muskets,armor etc)

Medieval total war 2 , The game for the History lovers!
- super realistic
- awsome graphics
- and with more than 21 playable factions!
including: England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.

i'de like to hear your voices about this immense and awsome game

Replies:
Posted By: Roberts
Date Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:13
Originally posted by olkiej

turkish janissary archers (without improvements such as muskets,armor etc)

Medieval total war 2 , The game for the History lovers!
- super realistic
- awsome graphics
- and with more than 21 playable factions!
including: England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.

i'de like to hear your voices about this immense and awsome game

My thoughts about this game are:
poor tactical choises
bad A.I.
unrealistic unit speeds
very poor research on medieval armies (notably those from Eastern Europe)
some units are phantasy ones
West Euro centric view
poor historical accuracy
etc etc

btw there won't be 21 playable factions, so don't get overhyped. Instead there will be only 6 or 5  playable factions  (info from CA).

The game isn't released so I hope that many of my point will be wrong(expecially those dealing with tehnical and programming aspects of game).

-------------

Posted By: Batu
Date Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:53
you havent played it yet so dont be harsh

-------------
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )

Date Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by Batu

you havent played it yet so dont be harsh

Well you don't have to play the game to get all the information.
There are tons of previews, interviews with devs, blogs, Total War community forums from where you can get most of information.

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 00:16
its true that there are 5 starting factions.but then other factions became avaible(there is also a trick to do that).i heard that A.I is much much better from the blogs you said.

-------------
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )

Date Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 03:37

its true that there are 5 starting factions.but then other factions became avaible(there is also a trick to do that).i heard that A.I is much much better from the blogs you said.

Yes, the trick to unlock other factions is to go to campaing generating file(*.txt) and move the faction you want to play with to playable zone or whatever it is called.
I have also heard that AI is better, though unit speeds seem to be too high and it can sometimes ruin your tactics and battle turns into the clicking fest.

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 09:08
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/MTW2/?action=view&current=DSC01051.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

there are rare photos here

-------------

Posted By: Greek Hoplite
Date Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 14:14

Υes like in rome you can do all factions playable in the game's files i think campaignh file so this si not a problemSmile

-------------
My blog
http://mankap.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:48
have you seen the silicy its super cool http://media.pc.ign.com/media/800/800327/vids_1.html

-------------

Posted By: Penelope
Date Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 03:06

Axeman, keep in mind that Rome TotalWar starts with only 3 factions.

Date Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 09:04
check out the coyote priest of Aztecs

-------------

Posted By: vulkan02
Date Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 12:28
It is much better for them to devote more time to gameplay and have less than 21 factions to make it a more worthy gaming experience. Aztecs don't need to be there , its stupid and makes the game historically inaccurate.

-------------
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao

Date Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 02:05
Vulkan, i agree. There is absolutely no need for the game to begin with all factions.

Posted By: tsar
Date Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 10:27
Will be an amazing game expcept FOR CA NOT DOING THIER RESEARCH PROPERLY, to put the right factions in......... NO BULGARIA or SERBIA IN

Date Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 10:28

have you seen the silicy its super cool http://media.pc.ign.com/media/800/800327/vids_1.html

Tons of heavy armour ........ they are gonna rock.

Posted By: Byzantine Emperor
Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 00:44
Has anyone seen any more pics of the Byzantines for MTW2?  The only ones I have seen are of the "Trebizond Archer" unit and of what appears to be a kataphraktos or pronoiar cavalryman on the totalwar.com page.  Google searches have proved to be fruitless.

-------------
http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=12713 - Late Byzantine Military
http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=17337 - Ottoman perceptions of the Americas

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 00:54
Those are the only two units for Byzantines so far. I believe the armor on the Byzantine heavy cavalry is exaggerated because it shows them wearing rear horse armor.

In general, MTW2 seems to exaggerate the amount of armor. In actuality, very few units had the armor depicted in the units of some of the screenshots.

Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 01:14
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

I believe the armor on the Byzantine heavy cavalry is exaggerated because it shows them wearing rear horse armor.

How so?  It depends on the unit that is depicted, in my opinion.  The rider looks accurate because he has on the klibanion and a Norman-like helmet.  If he is a kataphraktos, the horse armor would largely be full-body lamellar, with perhaps a plate head covering.  The Byzantines did make some plate.  If he is a Pronoiar cavalryman, however, his armament is a bit more open to debate for lack of source descriptions.

What do you think, based on your study of late Roman clibonophori and cataphracti?  We might arrive at a consensus, since the Byzantines emulated the Roman military and maintained a good deal of continuity in that respect in the Middle Ages.

In general, MTW2 seems to exaggerate the amount of armor. In actuality, very few units had the armor depicted in the units of some of the screenshots.

Yeah, probably.  I read that the developers did not want to make the game too historical, to where it would be uninteresting to the "gamers," who are uninterested in extreme historical accuracy.  Confused

-------------
http://www.allempires.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=17337 - Ottoman perceptions of the Americas

Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 15:06
http://pc.ign.com/articles/732/732632p1.html - Here you can see the unit roster for the Byzantines.
In my opinon the roster isn't very accurate (who the hell are Trebizond archers)
Though some units seems to be interesting ones like "Byzantine Guard archers" --> can someone clarify if this missile infantry type ever existed ??

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 15:10
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Yeah, probably.  I read that the developers did not want to make the game too historical, to where it would be uninteresting to the "gamers," who are uninterested in extreme historical accuracy.  Confused

Yes I have read that too. I fail to see how can historical accuracy be uninteresting for the gamers.
Appears that CA is targeting for 12-14 age gamer group who like arcade games and cliking fest.
This is wierd.

-------------

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 16:09
How so?  It depends on the unit that is depicted, in my opinion.  The rider looks accurate because he has on the klibanion and a Norman-like helmet.  If he is a kataphraktos, the horse armor would largely be full-body lamellar, with perhaps a plate head covering.  The Byzantines did make some plate.  If he is a Pronoiar cavalryman, however, his armament is a bit more open to debate for lack of source descriptions.

I don't know. It would seem to me that most Byzantine cavalrymen would lack full horse armor by the period in MTW2. But again, I'm not an expert on this topic. Smile

Yes I have read that too. I fail to see how can historical accuracy be uninteresting for the gamers.
Appears that CA is targeting for 12-14 age gamer group who like arcade games and cliking fest.
This is wierd.

I guess it's pretty cool to have units in full armor. Smile

I think it's understandable why these games cannot be accurate - because they aren't made for a historian audience. For example, in RTW, if they had been accurate and not made Egypt a chariot-based army, many casual gamers would be confused as to why they don't have chariots.

Date Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 00:02
Originally posted by axeman

http://pc.ign.com/articles/732/732632p1.html - Here you can see the unit roster for the Byzantines.
In my opinon the roster isn't very accurate (who the hell are Trebizond archers)

Oh cool, thanks for pointing to this!  I share your frustration with the "Trebizond Archers." Some of discussed this problem in the other thread on MTW2.  While the Caucasus and the mountains surrounding Trebizond were known for producing stout archers, there was no officially-named unit for them in the Byzantine army. 

Though some units seems to be interesting ones like "Byzantine Guard archers" --> can someone clarify if this missile infantry type ever existed ??

Yeah, there seem to be a lot of vaguely named units for the Byzantines.  They were correct about the tzakones being local militia, but they augmented campaign armies and sometimes garrisoned kastra (forts).

But there was a specific word designating crossbowmen of the Byzantines: the tzangatores.  These were the troops who usually garrisoned castles and kastra.  I wish they had named these instead of the vague archer units! Cry

Some other problems I noticed from the list:

Pronoia soldiers listed under "Byzantine Infantry."  The Pronoiars were almost exclusively cavalrymen, with perhaps a page or groom.  The pic of the infantry looks good; they are wearing klibania.

The "Byzantine Lancers" look more like what I envisioned for the Pronoia Cavalry.  Where did they get the vague term "Lancers?"

The kataphraktoi riders should be wearing both the klibanion and a chain mail suit underneath, including chain facemask and coif, if they are to be considered the heaviest-armored unit of the Byzantines.  There are depictions of such riders in various manuscripts, such as the Alexander Romance of the 14th century.

The "Spear/Pike Infantry" should be called the skutatoi - this was the Byzantine heavy infantry unit.

I was happy to see that the Byzantines are given primitive bombard cannons in the late period.  They did have some of these, although they were imported from the Balkans and Western Europe.  However, it does not look like they will be given any infantry gunners.  I think allowing them to train some hand-cannoneers (not arquebusiers) would be appropriate.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 19:36
"Yes I have read that too. I fail to see how can historical accuracy be uninteresting for the gamers.
This is wierd."

Involves a a great veriety of tactics not a game to test speed and clicking. Try playing total war online.

Posted By: Theodore Felix
Date Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 18:19
Im going to get the game, but I dont think my true experience with it will begin until the moder's get their hands on it. RTR made the regular campaign pale in comparison..

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 23:51

The name of a unit shouldnt stop anyone from purchasing the game and enjoying the play.

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 00:53
go IGN check the Holy Roman Empire and Turks.both are breathtaking.

(turks have elephants lol)

-------------

Posted By: Turk Nomad
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 05:13
İn MTW 1 Turks were arabizized by amkers,is in this game also?

And what about Timur Empire,did they made them like Turkic?

I haven't played the demo,ı will play when my computer magazine came =(

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 06:45
Originally posted by Turk Nomad

No, they made Timurids look like gypsies.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 10:30

I'm very angry those Total War maker's!They didn't get across the players that timurids are Turkic huh?!!!Angry

Could you tell me about Turkish faction and mamelukes,what are they look like?

Many thanks,full game will come Turkey in 15th day of this month.

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 11:09
I just learned Timurids are unplayable.

Posted By: Lmprs
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 18:13

No, they made Timurids look like gypsies.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 19:04
no they are playable and they are Turkic in the game

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 19:18
sorry Timurids are only playable in MP not in singleplayer.

-------------

Posted By: Lmprs
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 19:37

I'm very angry those Total War maker's!They didn't get across the players that timurids are Turkic huh?!!!

Err, can you define 'Turkic' please?

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 00:36
it means has Turkish characteristic.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 05:50

I mean it was a Turk Empire.

I want to play with them...Can mod makers do this?

Date Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 09:03
a guy in this forum is conducting a mod about this.his name was Nestorian i guess.

-------------

Posted By: Parnell
Date Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 10:24
This is a quality game! Does anyone else find that it cuts off every so often (during a battle usually) and doesn't let you back in?

PS- know where I can download a patch?

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 10:51
wait for the Kingdoms expansion pack or check out the total war official site.

so what about the Kingdoms pack? I liked it.we got the Irish,we got the crusade campains.I dont know much about the expansion though.

-------------

Posted By: The Canadian Guy
Date Posted: 01-Sep-2007 at 13:28
Just bought M2:Kingdoms a few days ago. I am currently playing the Americas Campaign. I am playing as New Spain, and currently fighting the French. 

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 07:04
Does anyone know a good Mod for MII TW

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 16:37
Nope...I do not dl mods....I can make my own. Wink

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Date Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 20:57
Make me one that multiplies the provinces, changes the units to be more historical, ... Wink

I have downloaded the Sicilian Vespers mod, but I have purchased, and use M2TW through Steam, and have had problems starting the mod once installed. It uses a MS-Dos starter for some reason, and I have had problems starting it up.

I have been using the Regions and Provinces mod, which improves the game play significantly by adding more provinces, and proper titles, and heraldry. However, the Sicilian Vespers mod seems much more intricate, and accurate.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 21:04
I can try...but I make my own worlds. Fantasy worlds, my novels are put into M2. Just give me a historical date and region of the world plz.

-------------

Posted By: babyblue
Date Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 10:59
Originally posted by es_bih

Does anyone know a good Mod for MII TW

Stainless Steel if you've got the Kingdoms expansion. I spent $50 getting kingdoms just to play Stainless Steel. Main reason was I was dying to play as the Mongols. But even if that's not your thing, SS is still worth downloading as it has loads of other improvements also. But wether or not you should buy Kingdoms just to play SS, that's another thing altogether.

Date Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 14:14
I will have to get to that. Playing the Mongol's sounds good. They got one for RTW but it is not done yet. I downloaded Sicilian Vespers, but I have no clue why it doesn't start up. You have to select the age you want to play in through Dos. They got Broken Crescent, which focuses on the Islamic states from the Middle East up to the sub-continent.

-------------

Posted By: nova roma
Date Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:43
It's great with Kingdoms+Retrofit, but I prefer the Stainless Steel mod

Posted By: Goban
Date Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 16:16
Well, I just got a copy for my birthday (I love gift cards). I can't wait to play it, but I don't have the time at the moment... Maybe in a few days.

So, what is this Stainless Steel mod? Sounds interesting.

-------------
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.

Date Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 20:36
I got a way to finally use the  mods with Steam. If anyone needs the info you can PM me.

Sicilian Vespers is a great mod to play. It is very intricate and they did a lot of work on the historical settings in order to make it more accurate and enjoyable.

-------------

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 01:43
Very much agreed there about Sicilian Vespers - it is such an improvement over the original in so many ways.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 09:04
It certainly is. I have been playing the Byzantines extensively they did a lot of great work on the faction. They need to work on the Early Era and Renaissance campaigns, but the main Late Era is superb. Heraldry and King of ... etc would be a great addition for all factions. 

-------------

Posted By: Sun Tzu
Date Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 12:57
Hey Any of you ever fought the Timurid Elephants in open battle? what is a good strategy, I usually try to fight them in a town where I can defeat them, but in open combat they outrange my archers.

-------------
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu

Posted By: nova roma
Date Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 13:08
Originally posted by Goban

Well, I just got a copy for my birthday (I love gift cards). I can't wait to play it, but I don't have the time at the moment... Maybe in a few days.

So, what is this Stainless Steel mod? Sounds interesting.

It's almost a total conversion mod, it feel like one anyways. It improves the game in just about every aspect: many, many new units, factions, diplomacy changes, major AI overhaul, and the campaigns are much longer (6 month turns ala Rome instead of the standard 2 year turns). more info can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314 - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Posted By: Goban
Date Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 16:12
Thanks Nova, it sounds like a good bet. I'll try it 'out of box' first then I am certain I'll want to get the mod.Big%20smile 

-------------
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 06:04
Constantine check out Tsardoms: Total War and Basilea: Total War, the former with a Balkan-Anatolia focus with starting in the 1350s, and the latter with a starting date of 1099AD with Byzantium as the primary focus of attention; both look great.

Broken Crescent has just been released and downloading that one to try it out.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 06:49
es_bih, thankyou so much for this! What a treat!

While looking at the TW forum I noticed the Stainless Steel mod. This looks very good also.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 10:29
IMO Broken Crescent is the only released total conversion mod for M2:TW, the rest are just extensions for original game (though some quite good).

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 23:45
Originally posted by Constantine XI

es_bih, thankyou so much for this! What a treat!

While looking at the TW forum I noticed the Stainless Steel mod. This looks very good also.

No problem man, tell me how Stainless Steel is if you play it. I played Broken Crescent this morning and it is interesting to play, SV has some better features, however, BC has a interesting groundwork as well. I tried out the Byzantines, and right now Jerusalem extensively and it is challenging, with Jerusalem you have to keep a decent amount of soldiers and take Antioch alongside a heavy focus on your Merchants to gain extra income that is lost through military pay. Richard the Lionhearted arrives in 1192; sadly as your own character instead of as a new faction as it should be.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:01
I don't have net at home for another two weeks, so no chance to try out this new mod. It's driving me mental not having the net at home.

I do hope they actually see Basilaea through to completion. There have been a number of communities that have been set up to make a Byz mod, yet the task proved beyond their manpower. Basilaea has only 11 modders according to their official site, I question whether that will be enough.

How playable are the Byzantines in Broken Crescent? Playing them purely in the east looks fun. You mentioned Richard arrives with a crusade, on the basis of that I get the impression this mod is one where they put a lot of thought into the detail.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:18
In Broken Crescent, the Byzantines are a fun faction to play, of course you are lacking all Balkan provinces save for Thrace, and a bit of Bulgaria that you could conquer. In Asia Minor you control what Byzantium controlled at the moment in 1174AD, which is a bit, but you have to economize and raise and army because the Turks expand rather quickly; which could mean a lot of lost income. The islands are rebel regions, and they should be sought out, too.

The units are rather good, and historic. Furthermore, higher quality units will cost a lot of money to maintain.

I played the Abbasid Caliphate, which like the Byzantines in Sicilian Vespers starts out in rather dire conditions, being that you have the Seljuks contorling most of the Caliphate, and you being relegated to control of Baghdad and Basra. However, Baghdad is the economic capital still, and you can earn a lot. With a few conquests I was able to regian most of Eastern Arabia, almost all of Mesopotiamia, and two of the Western most Persian provinces; alongside Somalia, and an Island off of S. Arabia. That enabled me a huge increase in gold reserves that procured me through a few deals with the Ayyubids Mecca, Madinah, and all of N. Arabia as well up to Aqaba. This is by 1210AD or so. The Mongols by then are close to their invasion, so now I am preparing to lose a few provinces and moved a few family members south in case that I am unable to maintain  their onslaught. Although I am allied with the Seljuks they are amassing troops, and if I am lucky the two will exhaust each other, and it will enable me to take at least one of them out.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:19
Richard arrives as a family member of the Kingdom of Jersualem sadly. It would have been more fun if he arrived as an independent upstart faction, and with a trigger to leave after 3 years. But even with that it is still great to have a good general especially when Salah ad-Din surrounds the kingdom within ten years.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jan-2008 at 17:50
Ya...i was disappointed bout that. Oh well. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Jazz
Date Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 12:10
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Very much agreed there about Sicilian Vespers - it is such an improvement over the original in so many ways.
Yes, it is a great mod. It does not seem that popular given the relative lack of activity in the twc forums.

Anyways, I am just a few years in to the Broken crescent campaign as well.

-------------
http://www.forums.internationalhockey.net/index.php?/index.php?referrerid=8 - International Hockey Forums

Posted By: Copperknickers
Date Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 22:34
And http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=235 - Europa Barbarorum 2 is in progress

Date Posted: 21-Feb-2008 at 04:12
Has anyone been able to play MTW2 on a laptop?  I bought a brand new laptop that has all of the required specs and it will not let me keep playing.  Every time I enter a custom battle, the screen freezes and my laptop locks up.  It is so frustrating! Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 10:30

Has anyone been able to play MTW2 on a laptop?  I bought a brand new laptop that has all of the required specs and it will not let me keep playing.  Every time I enter a custom battle, the screen freezes and my laptop locks up.  It is so frustrating! Cry

What kind of processor you have? Afaik MTW2 had issues with AMD.

I play it on laptop and it runs smoothly.
Asus manufacture, Intel Dual Core, 2 G RAM, ATI X1600 256MB.

Date Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 22:56
I have a Amd 64 x2 and it runs fine on my laptop

-------------

Posted By: kafkas
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 23:39
Broken Crescent is definitely my favorite mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

The Christian nations are the Eastern Roman Empire, Armenia, and Georgia in case anyone is wondering. There is one pagan faction being the Kypchak Turks, and one Hindu faction. The rest are Muslim factions.

Every faction is really unique, I like it a lot..

-------------

Posted By: Sun Tzu
Date Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:25
ahh I just Got Rome after I got Medieval II I would have to go with Rome. The Greek Phalanx order that I use works every time against the Romans

-------------
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu

Posted By: Darius of Parsa
Date Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 19:03

I just tried to download the game on my laptop, not even two hours ago. It turns out I can't even play MTW2 on my laptop because it needs a 1.1 graphics card, or something along those lines.

-------------
What is the officer problem?

Date Posted: 22-Mar-2008 at 00:51
If you have ever played a game from the total war series then you will not be complaining about such things like poor ai. Yes there may be flaws but they just add to the beauty of the series that gets easier as time passes. Empire is going to be a walkover.

Posted By: Sergeant113
Date Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 04:06
Do you guys know the link where i can download Broken Crescent mod? I've been searching on the net, but i's been futile. I'm playing a cracked version of Medieval 2 total war. Does it mean i can't play this Broken Crescent mod?

Date Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 05:52
From what some people have been saying is that you can play it without an authentic version. That, however may be true or not. I have a Steam version and used to be able to play any mod fine. I have un-installed it for the meanwhile however.

-------------

Posted By: Efraz
Date Posted: 15-May-2008 at 14:03
This game just rocks... pity it's very time consuming and I am not a millionaire. 

Posted By: Sergeant113
Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 04:40
Trust me, this game rocks harder with the mini mods, adding realistic ( relatively) combat, archery, animations, and strategic movements,... I'm waiting for Basileos (the bulgarslayer emperor) mod and Tsardoms mod (concentrating on the Balkan peninsula and Anatolia)  ,  promising mods for Byzantine lovers.

Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 05:23
Originally posted by Efraz

This game just rocks... pity it's very time consuming and I am not a millionaire. 

LOL

I uninstalled it due to lack of time lately. It is a decent game though with modifications.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:29
uhm? I've never used mini mods before? Do they only manipulate the looks? Or they tweak the mechanics also? Or map maybe? 

Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:54
Depending on which you choose. Google Total War Forums.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:57
Then some of them do tweak the mechanics eh? Interesting. I will thanks.
BTW GS is champs again congrats :)

Date Posted: 16-May-2008 at 19:18

-------------

Posted By: RollingWave
Date Posted: 06-Jul-2008 at 12:42

Stainless steel is a very good mod, the only issue i have is that in their attempt to make armor more realistic they completely made the Moors and Egypt (espically Moors) roster to hell.

To be fair though, CA did a much better job this time around than RTW, where the history work was ROFLAMO! to put it mildly (seriously, war dogs?)

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com