Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crime doesn’t pay !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crime doesn’t pay !
    Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 20:56
I think it was Brecht who said that it was disputable who were the greater villains, the people who own banks or the ones that rob them......

Armed gang takes 40m in cash depot raid

An armed gang escaped with up to 40m million in a raid on a high-security cash storage depot yesterday in what is thought to be one of the biggest robberies in history....

The haul was so enormous that gang members drove a 7.5-tonne truck into the depot at Tonbridge, Kent, in the early hours of yesterday morning to take the money away. The cash belonged to the Bank of England, and had been due to be distributed to banking customers around the south-east of England. It is thought the gang may have been aware that February is the month when the greatest amount of money is taken out of circulation and held briefly in storage.
The Bank says there will be no loss to the taxpayer: under the terms of its contract with the depot's operators, Securitas Cash Management Systems, the Bank will be reimbused in full. By yesterday evening Securitas had handed over 25m by electronic transfer, and will reimburse the rest before making an insurance claim.....

The Guardian

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 22:04
It doesn't?

How much is in euros? 80,000,000,000 euros?

(I've always admired the daring ones - when I am reborn I want to be like those).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply