Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome: Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which factiono is best to play as
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [16.50%]
5 [2.43%]
2 [0.97%]
7 [3.40%]
5 [2.43%]
9 [4.37%]
8 [3.88%]
3 [1.46%]
31 [15.05%]
102 [49.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome: Total War
    Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 09:22
Oops. I didn't realize that.  I'll change that right now.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 17:16

So far i see on the internet battles, the poorer player is, plays roman faction more often. Real fun comes when game is 4vs 4 and even when one player is poor and other 3 are good they still can win. Every faction has its stronger and weaker points. When i host the battles i choose terrain best for my faction. So far never lost a battle playing germans in the woods. Once in 2vs 2 my ally was quickly defeated but when my 2 enemies came to the forest i was able to defeat them both. 

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 23:03

I like playing as Armenia...theyre the only ones who have Cataphract Archers, which is one of the best all-around units in the game. Not much infantry besides Phalanx spearmen and Armenian Legionaries. And they are surrounded by strong neighbors so it makes things interesting.

I like playing as the Romans probably just as much as the Armenians. They have 3 factions so you have 3 different locations you can start from.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 11:02
Seleucids.
Armenia is a fun and chalenging campian, i must go back and do it again some time, and finish it this time.

I could prolly just read the posts but I'm too lazy.  How do you play as other factions other than the romans?  Do you have to beat the campaign or something?

Defeating the campain (even the mini one) will do the trick, alternativly, the factions that you wipe out as Rome become playable one by one.
If your lazy, or tired of playing as the Romans, then there is a mod that does the job, and makes *all* the factions playable, even the ones that normaly aren't.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 05:45
Out of curiocity what is your guys strategy when you play? I love exterminating the populace in cities I conquor, and establish heavy taxes in my cities and build up gigantic armies and raid neighboring states.

Edited by SulcataIxlude
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 15:37
 i have been playing since xmas.......i have found my fav faction to be the Greeks...once you take out the macedonians and leave rome alone you only have to worry about pontus and egypt which are easy to subdue if u have a stronger navy.........also i bribe and steal generals from roman tribes and macedonia........i have nearly a million in the bank but since taking rome and italy i am being hit with endless plagues
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 03:25
Originally posted by hagrid1964

i have been playing since xmas.......i have found my fav faction to be the Greeks...once you take out the macedonians and leave rome alone you only have to worry about pontus and egypt which are easy to subdue if u have a stronger navy.........also i bribe and steal generals from roman tribes and macedonia........i have nearly a million in the bank but since taking rome and italy i am being hit with endless plagues
join the army...travel the world......meet interesting peoples.....KILL THEM.....
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 23:45
anyone knows where to get the mod that adds the other civilizations??
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 13:18

Originally posted by vulkan02

anyone knows where to get the mod that adds the other civilizations??

Its simple:

To unlock all factions in the game go to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign". Then open the text file "descr_strat". Then move whoever you want from unlockable or unplayable to playable.

Thats how i did it and right now i play Armenia which is in unplayable and i moved it to playable as i did with all the factions except for SENATE.

Edited by Mosquito
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 17:57
thanks for the useful advice but i was actually looking for the mod that adds other civs... someone posted it here that u can pick Han chinese and a bunch of others. I went to Rome's official  website and they had created a new look for the Spartan soldiers. i downloaded the 4 files and wrote them over the original ones.. now every battle that has spartan soldiers in doesn't start 
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 17:15
BTW, there's been some unofficial announcement of the add-on, named Rome:TW - Barbarian Invasion and will focus on the fall of rome apparently.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 18:48
Parthians definately, very challenging at the start - crap infantry and horse archers (which dont amount to much against chariots) - right now it is 150BC I have 3.5 million - I control the whole of middle east and north africa to Siwa, anatolia, the caucasus, the territiories surrounding the caspian, all of greece, sicily, southern italy (about to surround rome and about to take Byzantium and the carthaginian territories (controlled by scipii). I just defeated 6 middle developed full roman armies with one army consisting of 1 armoured general, 4 units of cataphracts and the rest, Persian cavalry.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:38
Originally posted by Temujin

BTW, there's been some unofficial announcement of the add-on, named Rome:TW - Barbarian Invasion and will focus on the fall of rome apparently.
Where did you hear that. That sounds so cool.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 13:10
Originally posted by babyblue

how the hell do you stop your cities from getting a minus income???
You change the city to Financial, then you might make money.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 13:11
Why are the Scythians so dam popular?
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 13:27
They are not. There use to be a vote glitch(worse than now) and somebody exercised a machine-gun vote. This poll in this thread is no good.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 21:03
People just repeat vote alot.. but I guess there really popular too.. I personally like the Greeks, germans, selucids.
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 13:47
I really like Scythian horse archery but Parthians are also fine.
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123