Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Awal Muharram 1427H

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awal Muharram 1427H
    Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 13:34

Assalamualaikum wbt to all muslim bro and sis...

Awal Muharram 1427H will be on 31 January 2006...

Wish u guys happy new year.... Maal Hijrah celebration.. It's a public holiday in Malaysia... ..

I wish tht for this coming new year all the muslimin and muslimat wil be blessed with Allah's Rahmat.. Insha Allah..

My resolution? To be a better Muslimah .. lol

would like to quote some info from a web i found...

Originally posted by http://fisher.osu.edu/~muhanna_1/hijri-intro.html

The Islamic Calendar, which is based purely on lunar cycles, was first introduced in 638 C.E. by the close companion of the Prophet (PBUH) and the second Caliph, `Umar ibn Al-KHaTTab (592-644 C.E.) RAA. He did it in an attempt to rationalize the various, at times conflicting, dating systems used during his time. `Umar consulted with his advisors on the starting date of the new Muslim chronology. It was finally agreed that the most appropriate reference point for the Islamic calendar was the Hijrah. The actual starting date for the Calendar was chosen (on the basis of purely lunar years, counting backwards) to be the first day of the first month (1 MuHarram) of the year of the Hijrah. The Islamic (Hijri) calendar (with dates that fall within the Muslim Era) is usually abbreviated A.H. in Western languages from the latinized Anno Hegirae, "in the year of the Hegira". MuHarram 1, 1 A.H. corresponds to July 16, 622 C.E.

The Hijrah, which chronicles the migration of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from Makkah to Madinah in September 622 C.E., is the central historical event of early Islam. It led to the foundation of the first Muslim city-state, a turning point in Islamic and world history.

To Muslims, the Hijri calendar is not just a sentimental system of time reckoning and dating important religious events, e.g., Siyaam (fasting) and Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah). It has a much deeper religious and historical significance.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 13:55
Wa aleykum al salaam,

Happy New Year to you, too!

We're celebrating New Year's on Monday, but we're taking a day off on Wednesday. 
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:25

Happy New Hijra Year to you all.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:47
Happy New year to all whom celebrate

In Iran it's something as chinese new year, nobody care
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:05
I thought there was no celebration for new year in Arabic countries?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:53
It is not arab countries new year celebration... It New Year for Islamic calendar..
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:09
Hi Cahaya!

Happy New Year to you and all muslims! How do you traditionally celebrate said holiday (i.e. parties, fireworks, prayers)?

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 14:19
err. I know some muslim in  Turkey celebrate it,(Infact one of them is member of my family) I am sure It is not party! Mostly she give me some praying for night.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 02:24
Thanks Morty..normally... in Malaysia... we make some prayers... but this year i dont catch up so much... coz for the whole week.. i work.. start from chinese new year, awal muharram and today is KL federal day..

Edited by cahaya
 Post Reply Post Reply