Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serbian Medieval History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serbian Medieval History
    Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 06:19
I cant believe that someone say that Serbs and Croats look like Albanians.

Serbs and Croats came long before any albanian was mantioned in history. How can you search for similarity between them? Just look at some pictures of @normal@ Serb or Croat and then look at the albanian people. Youll see the diference.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 14:49
Originally posted by Maljkovic

I have to make my point here. Many history records say that the area setlled by Croats and Serbs was laied to waste by the Avars, so there wouldn't be that many natives around. Also, there are numerous archeological evidence linking Croats to south Ukraine, especially the give-away red and white squares. Now south Ukraine is way too far south to be speaking of a slavic nation! Also, all archeologic evidence from the 7. century sugests Croats were horsemen. This is very unusual for Slavs, who were mainly footsoldiers. Therefore I'm inclined to believe that asimilation into slavic ethnicity happened after Croats settled in the Balkans.   

There is numerous genetic evidence that many inhabitants of Hercegovina have majority illyrian blood. Alongisde cultural traits. Fact is that Slavs were few in number, the ruling families for most part were slavs, the rest an amagalm of peoples, mostly illyrian.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 17:56
I agree with you on that Jay. I 'm Montenegrin  and, boy do you see a lot of dark , Middle Eastern- looking people around here! Just by looking at them it 's clear to you that they have Turkish blood. My elder brother is one of them , so I 'm aware that unfortunately I have some Turkish blood too. However , there is indeed a significant minority of people in Montenegro and an even greater number of people in Serbia and Bosnia who are really blond , blue eyed and light or pinkish skinned. I think that probably all Serbs would be mostly looking like this if the Turks never onquered us. After all Serb lands in the Balkans were settled by two Slavic waves : one in the 5th and 6th and the other when in the 7 th century, when the slavicized Serbs (linguistically and through intermarriage) came to the Balkan Penninsula and inhabited the regions oh Serbia , Montenegro and Bosnia and Hercegovina. Therefore the Serbs of the Middle Ages had a lot of Slavic blood, more than their neighbours, the Croats and the Bulgarians.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345